Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 121579 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
So did a multitude of others. Ted was part of a congress that let down the citizens of this country.

I'd say the people blindly supporting a fake conservative bear far more responsibility then someone who tried to fight but lost.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online libertybele

I'd say the people blindly supporting a fake conservative bear far more responsibility then someone who tried to fight but lost.

:beer:  Exactly.  I'd rather lose with dignity, honor and self respect than win with immorality, indecency, and lewdness.

Funny thing, you can tell a lot about people by the company they keep.  #NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
.And God help us, good people are falling for it.

Bad people too.   Trump's association with the alt-right will stain the GOP that endorses him.   Buckley in the sixties excommunicated those scoundrels from the conservative movement.   The modern GOP appears ready to embrace their candidate, and by extension their support,  in the hope of winning an election.   They won't, because enough good people can see what Trump represents.   But the stain will remain, and all of us who claim to be conservative we need to explain ourselves in the future. 

Cruz is absolutely right - in the future,  after the transitory madness of 2016 is over,  we will all be judged by whether we followed the mob or our own consciences.   

Do what is right, folks, not what is easy.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online libertybele

Nono? Really? You keep getting smaller with each mindless post.

It is a FACT that HIT*LER was a narcissist.  It is a FACT that TRUMP is also a narcissist. The similarities between the two are undeniable. Their leadership style mirror each other and should be at minimum cause for concern.  “One of the things people used to say about Hit*ler when he rose to power in the early 1930’s was that he was saying it like it is”.... “they thought he was a bit of a clown, with his big speeches and over-the-top showmanship, but they also admired his ability to say what everyone thought, but didn’t dare say out loud.”

Trump is able to tap into fear among the disenfranchised. Asking his supporters to raise their hand during his rallies while proclaiming their allegiance to him is eerily reminiscent of Hit*ler’s Nazi salute, which was meant to inspire loyalty and sympathy towards the regime.

And you have the audacity to say, I am mindless?  Really? 

Funny thing, you can tell a lot about people by the company they keep.  #NeverTrump

http://www.thewrap.com/are-hitler-trump-comparisons-fair-a-holocaust-survivor-tells-his-son/

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline plewis1250

Just like Ron Paul. Unable to persuade his colleagues to support him. That is failure of leadership. That is a cold , hard fact.

You seriously believe we should screw principles because the message is not "clicking"?

Please tell me, in your magnanimous opinion, what it is you think he should have done more? What exactly should he have done? Give in to the GOPe's demands? Give up on his beliefs?

Fall in line in order to "win"?

Guess what, if you have to redefine what a win is, you've already lost.

Senator Cruz stood up to Washington and stood up to liberal policy after liberal policy.

And you have the GALL to sit and pontificate on his "failed leadership"? He has been a leader. An inspiring one at that. The "conservative" media abandoned us when it was most crucial for the shiny (rather disgusting really) object.

Very few men have done as much as he has for our conservative principles and ideals.
The pecking order: Christian, American, Conservative

Online libertybele

You seriously believe we should screw principles because the message is not "clicking"?

Please tell me, in your magnanimous opinion, what it is you think he should have done more? What exactly should he have done? Give in to the GOPe's demands? Give up on his beliefs?

Fall in line in order to "win"?

Guess what, if you have to redefine what a win is, you've already lost.

Senator Cruz stood up to Washington and stood up to liberal policy after liberal policy.

And you have the GALL to sit and pontificate on his "failed leadership"? He has been a leader. An inspiring one at that. The "conservative" media abandoned us when it was most crucial for the shiny (rather disgusting really) object.

Very few men have done as much as he has for our conservative principles and ideals.

goopo  Cruz has stood up to the Washington cartel time and time again, not only in the Senate but as Solicitor General.  Cruz  represented 31 states in the Heller v. DC case which upheld the individual right to keep and bear arms.  2nd Amendment anyone? Cruz also retained U.S. sovereignty when he went up against the U.N. and W. Bush in the TX v. Medellin case. 

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Who were all the Fox people who clearly supported Trump? I don't watch TV news but I know from reading that Megyn Kelly doesn't appear to be a big Trump supporter.

She knelt down and kissed his ring too...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/14/business/media/megyn-kelly-meets-with-donald-trump.html?_r=0

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3585361/Donald-Trump-lavishes-praise-Megyn-Kelly-taping-exclusive-interview-calls-complimentary-kind.html
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Just like Ron Paul. Unable to persuade his colleagues to support him. That is failure of leadership. That is a cold , hard fact.

Utter nonsense.  Ted ripped the veil off the entire, corrupt cartel and fought it tooth and nail, when he easily could have played ball and let himself get coopted by it.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Mod1

Let's cut out the insults, please. Discuss the article, the candidates, anything you like -  just don't engage in namecalling or personal attacks. Thank you.

Online libertybele

Bad people too.   Trump's association with the alt-right will stain the GOP that endorses him.   Buckley in the sixties excommunicated those scoundrels from the conservative movement.   The modern GOP appears ready to embrace their candidate, and by extension their support,  in the hope of winning an election.   They won't, because enough good people can see what Trump represents.   But the stain will remain, and all of us who claim to be conservative we need to explain ourselves in the future. 

Cruz is absolutely right - in the future,  after the transitory madness of 2016 is over,  we will all be judged by whether we followed the mob or our own consciences.   

Do what is right, folks, not what is easy.

Exactly Jazz.  It's not easy to do what is right and very easy to follow the mob.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
"Yet the masses accepted his vulgarity, anger, lying and verbal abuse towards others.  If we simply take a step back and look at the huge difference in character alone between Cruz and Trump it is equally disheartening that the masses would chose a bully over a gentlemen to lead our country and to set an example for our children. They chose someone who obviously lacks moral character over someone of great integrity."

This is what is so distressing to me. Trump is a vile human being, a narcissist, and has no idea of how to deliver on his ridiculous promises that he keeps revising.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace

Trump has been on every side of every issue, because he has no core values.  It shows in his response to questions about his faith.  It shows in his response to questions about the unborn. 

:amen: And we were given five opportunities [from God; I think He is testing us, gave us several choices] to get this right. Scott Walker, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, Bobby Jindal, and Ted Cruz, all men who are married [to their first wives], are professed Christians, and 100% pro-life. 
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
Ted Cruz said Thursday that those who contributed to the rise of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will have to "bear that responsibility going forward."
11513  True that
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus

This is what is so distressing to me. Trump is a vile human being, a narcissist, and has no idea of how to deliver on his ridiculous promises that he keeps revising.

:bullie smokin: Unfortunately, you are 100% correct
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Online Right_in_Virginia

:amen: And we were given five opportunities [from God; I think He is testing us, gave us several choices] to get this right. Scott Walker, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, Bobby Jindal, and Ted Cruz, all men who are married [to their first wives], are professed Christians, and 100% pro-life.

I'm very relieved this is the minority opinion.   :facepalm2:

Online Right_in_Virginia

This is what is so distressing to me. Trump is a vile human being, a narcissist . . .

This may come as a shock, so brace yourself:  There are more than a few million folks who consider Cruz to be the worst type of vile human being--a hypocrite of the worst order, using God as cover for his perpetual lies and cold, ruthless ambition.   Ted Cruz (R-Canada), champion of nothing, is repellent.

Just thought you should know.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:43:26 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online libertybele

"Yet the masses accepted his vulgarity, anger, lying and verbal abuse towards others.  If we simply take a step back and look at the huge difference in character alone between Cruz and Trump it is equally disheartening that the masses would chose a bully over a gentlemen to lead our country and to set an example for our children. They chose someone who obviously lacks moral character over someone of great integrity."

Promises?  They are out and out lies. He knows he's lying and  I'm sure it's difficult for him to remember one lie to the next.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:53:25 pm by libertybele »

Offline sinkspur

This may come as a shock, so brace yourself:  There are more than a few million folks who consider Cruz to be the worst type of vile human being--a hypocrite of the worst order, using God as cover for his perpetual lies and cold, ruthless ambition.   Ted Cruz (R-Canada), champion of nothing, is repellent.

Not as many as KNOW Trump to be a bottom-feeding gutter dweller.  For you to accuse Cruz of lying when Trump's lies manifest themselves DAILY is either ignorance or obtuseness. 

Maybe it's gullibility.  Trump is running a scam on you and you don't seem to know it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online libertybele

Don't worry.  God will forgive and bless those people as well for believing the Trump hype, lies, smears and whatever else he shoved down his supporters throats.   P.S.  God will even forgive Donald Trump; all he has to do is repent.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Trump does not feel he needs to ask God for forgiveness- one more reason to view him negatively.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
Not as many as KNOW Trump to be a bottom-feeding gutter dweller.  For you to accuse Cruz of lying when Trump's lies manifest themselves DAILY is either ignorance or obtuseness. 

Maybe it's gullibility.  Trump is running a scam on you and you don't seem to know it.

Very concerning that voters cannot discern truth from lies anymore.  Trump is the lying conman not Cruz, which is precisely why Trump went after Cruz's integrity the way he did.  Cruz is EVERYTHING Trump voters want Trump to be, yet they all bought into Trump's BIG LIE.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Amazing that in the world of Trump, taking his policy positions to their logical conclusion or reminding voters of his past associations and actions are considered lies.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 03:54:03 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline GrouchoTex

:beer:  Those who contributed to the rise of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will have to "bear that responsibility going forward."
                                         - Ted Cruz

It is a fact that Trump got 3 times the coverage Cruz did, from the networks.
So if Trump wins, the networks will indeed "have to bear that responsibility moving forward".
FYI, I listened to the last night on the Michael Berry show.
I was surprised Cruz was on, actually.
I think Michael Berry was, too.
This statement was the closest he came to even being remotely controversial.

Offline GrouchoTex

...and This may come as a shock to you....

People in Texas who have known Ted Cruz, for 20 years or more, say he is the exact same guy on the campaign trail, in the Senate, at home, or out having lunch.
Just the opposite of being hypocritical, they tell me what you see is what you get.
The people saying this are not all close personal friends of his, either.
They joke about this, actually, saying that while he has a great sense of humor, he could lighten up more often and not be so locked in all the time.

Just thought you should know....
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:27:54 pm by GrouchoTex »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We have several Jewish members here who are insulted every time the Hitler comparisons are made.....I wish members would please keep that in mind....they ABSOLUTELY DO NOT see any similarity.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34