Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 121984 times)

Offline libertybele

That's insane. It's not Cruz's fault that Tump is a fraud.

It's amazing that Cruz is already being blamed for the shortcoming of Trump.  Cruz is a conservative sitting U.S. Senator and Trump is a business tycoon helping out his buddy Hillary ... but yet his supporters blame Cruz.   :chairbang:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Likewise, if the US gets hit by a big terror attack if Clinton is elected president, who will share that responsibility? People like Cruz.

If Trump isn't elected does that mean he would share the blame too, since he's done more to damage his campaign than all the nevertrumpers combined?

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GrouchoTex

It's amazing that Cruz is already being blamed for the shortcoming of Trump.  Cruz is a conservative sitting U.S. Senator and Trump is a business tycoon helping out his buddy Hillary ... but yet his supporters blame Cruz.   :chairbang:

Twisted logic to be sure.
Cruz dropped out over 3 months ago and has not said anything negative about Trump since.

Offline JustPassinThru

One constant characteristic of Leftists and their idiot followers is, psychological projection - that is, asserting their opponents have the designs, the faults, the bad plans, that they themselves have.  And also blaming opponents, especially those who tried to STOP these Leftists and fools, with the results of their foolishness.

It is insane.  It is the muddled thinking of potheads - which is why on another thread I asserted there's a correlation between the rise in pot use in America and the coming of this sort of imbecilic political farce - and these two moronic candidates for President.

Offline musiclady

There will be terror attacks no matter who is president because its the world we live in now. Anyone who thinks Orange Glorious has some kind of magical power to shield us needs to burn their voter registration and seek treatment.

The best we could have hoped for was a president with the sense to fight terrorism effectively.

There is so much similarity between the Obama cult and the Trump cult, isn't there?

They think that electing Trump is going to stop the seas from rising, and make the world obey their leader.

It's crazy stuff!  I never thought I'd see it on "our" side.....  **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline skeeter

Likewise, if the US gets hit by a big terror attack if Clinton is elected president, who will share that responsibility? People like Cruz.

Ridiculous.

The responsible ones will be the people who rejected responsible leadership to nominate the bombastic, unelectable proverbial shiny object.

If we are attacked under Hillary Cruz and his supporters will look like sages - we told you that among all 17 candidates Trump was likely the ONLY one incapable of beating Hillary Clinton.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Cruz dropped out over 3 months ago and has not said anything negative about Trump since.

Its kind of like blaming white flight for destroying the inner cities. Cause and effect are confused in the minds of many.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
There will be terror attacks no matter who is president because its the world we live in now. Anyone who thinks Orange Glorious has some kind of magical power to shield us needs to burn their voter registration and seek treatment.

The best we could have hoped for was a president with the sense to fight terrorism effectively.

Exactly.

Get used to it, because it isn't going to go away - no matter HOW high a wall gets built.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
One constant characteristic of Leftists and their idiot followers is, psychological projection - that is, asserting their opponents have the designs, the faults, the bad plans, that they themselves have.  And also blaming opponents, especially those who tried to STOP these Leftists and fools, with the results of their foolishness.

It is insane.  It is the muddled thinking of potheads - which is why on another thread I asserted there's a correlation between the rise in pot use in America and the coming of this sort of imbecilic political farce - and these two moronic candidates for President.

Yet another outa th park homer!  BRAVO!!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

You may be on to something there.....

It's clearly muddle headed and confused thinking.  Perhaps there is a correlation between increased drug use and the insanity in today's political world.

The only question I might have about that is that people on the Hillary side don't really like her much, and certainly aren't cult-like.  In fact I know of some liberal young folks who weren't even going to vote for her until the alternative was Trump, and he scares the living daylights out of them.

But it does give a plausible explanation for the Trump thing....

Offline musiclady

But he didn't bow down and worship, so he must be punished.

Offline Cripplecreek

Exactly.

Get used to it, because it isn't going to go away - no matter HOW high a wall gets built.

A woman at one of the town hall meetings asked Ted Cruz if he could promise that there would be no more terror attacks on American soil if he were president. He simply and honestly said "No".

Offline JustPassinThru

Its kind of like blaming white flight for destroying the inner cities. Cause and effect are confused in the minds of many.

:amen:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
A woman at one of the town hall meetings asked Ted Cruz if he could promise that there would be no more terror attacks on American soil if he were president. He simply and honestly said "No".

He's a good man. Probably hurt him slightly though - there are a LOT of frightened people at the moment.

Offline JustPassinThru

He's a good man. Probably hurt him slightly though - there are a LOT of frightened people at the moment.

People are just not ready for the truth.  They do not understand, do not WANT to understand, that WE are our salvation.

What they want is a Superman in GOVERNMENT, PROTECTING us.

That cannot be, of course; but the desire means there are countless demagogues out there ready to exploit it.

This is Cruz' blunt honesty, the honesty of the patriot, on display.  It's in the vein of Winston Churchill:  "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat."  People right now are not ready for such a candid assessment of our situation - and as a result, the situation will be run worse.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:14:14 pm by JustPassinThru »

Offline Cripplecreek

People are just not ready for the truth.  They do not understand, do not WANT to understand, that WE are our salvation.

What they want is a Superman in GOVERNMENT, PROTECTING us.

That cannot be, of course; but the desire means there are countless demagogues out there ready to exploit it.

This is Cruz' blunt honesty, the honesty of the patriot, on display.  It's in the vein of Winston Churchill:  "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat."  People right now are not ready for such a candid assessment of our situation - and as a result, the situation will be run worse.

I'll always stand with the man who tells the truth.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

I still find it slightly freaky (in a good way). A politician that both tells the truth and keeps their word to the voters.

Never been sure whether to support the guy or put him on display in a museum.  :tongue2:

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
How about those people who thought making Trump their candidate against her was a good idea? I've heard from Trumpers that Cruz has destroyed his political future and won't even be re-elected. How can a guy that weak sway the election?
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

You are not alone I'll assure you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

I still find it slightly freaky (in a good way). A politician that both tells the truth and keeps their word to the voters.

Never been sure whether to support the guy or put him on display in a museum.  :tongue2:

I say we hold him up as an example for our children and grandchildren to follow.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I say we hold him up as an example for our children and grandchildren to follow.

Example, yes, definitely. Got to watch for the appearance of a pedestal though. No person ever warrants that.

We live not far from Chartwell, so all our kids and grandkids know all about Churchill - both the good and the less good. Best way to use a person as an example, in my mind.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, you should be a taffy puller, you are so good at stretching things.

You wouldn't, by any chance, be the attorney who said that the farmer should get sued because he grew the corn made into the whiskey that some bartender served and some fellow drank before he wrecked his car and killed someone, would you?

In Benghazi, Clinton was not the one who could issue the cross border authorization to go ahead and rescue or support embassy personnel, that had to come from the CinC. While Clinton may have been involved deeply in the deal(s) that led to the situation, she was not the one who could authorize military action. Even there you are stretching things. That choice belonged to Obama. She just gets the blame for setting up whatever deal was going down at the time and the DOS lies to cover it up.

How you blame Cruz in advance for something which he has no control over is understandable, considering he has been blamed for the inaction or actions of 534 other members of Congress, the ad posted by Liz Mair's PAC, Old 'Bessie' giving sour milk, and too little or too much rain on the crops.

Why don't you give that stuff a rest? Even a cow flop wears out getting rolled around.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Drewsmum

Clinton Obama per many people already have a big responsibility for the refugee crisis.

Brilliant, don't vote for their opposition, absolutely brilliant.

Clinton has opposition?   You could fooled me....

Who?
DesiSmileys.com

Offline beandog

The people who will be 100% responsible are people like you who support a man who should not be anywhere near the presidency.  It is you and your buds who will be responsible for Hillary winning.