Poll

After 4 years of Hillary or Trump, what do you think will happen?

Author Topic: Free Republic Founder: #NeverTrumperism Is a Losing Proposition – Will No Longer Be Tolerated  (Read 16795 times)

Offline verga

You mean this?

Well, I’ll make an observation. Trump is NO conservative. He’s a self-dealing charlatan and he’s got a lot of fall-for-anything chump types fooled.

Mark Levin is my friend and a friend of FR and a friend of Liberty. I’ll thank you not to trash him on this website.

109 posted on 4/18/2011, 6:56:22 PM by Jim Robinson (Rebellion is brewing!! Impeach the corrupt Marxist bastard!!)

I still have an account over at TOS (as well as two sock puppets, but don't tell anyone) and I was thinking about changing my tagline to "Orange is the new black" but was afraid I would get severely moderated for it.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"

The fact is, Democrats got every major issue they wanted just as I said above.

Nice move, but it won't work.

You said "if someone wants to show where the GOP stopped any major Obama plan/policy, please do", and then when I do that, you change your position from Obama getting "any major issue' to  "every major issue".

They stopped plenty, but you won't give them credit for any, then you blame them for things like gay marriage, decided by the SCOTUS.

I get it, you don't like the GOP, but by the same token, what else do you have?

The most conservative candidate in decades couldn't beat an orange haired quack in the primaries.

What can conservatives offer to replace the GOP with when they can't get elected to public offices?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:24:38 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline ScottinVA

Thank God, there are still patriots like Jim Robinson that put country before hurt feelings and pettiness.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/05/free-republic-founder-nevertrumperism-losing-proposition-keep-communist-bitch/

Translated:  "Thank God there are still fascist wannabes like Robinson whose tingle-up-the-leg lust for Donald Trump supersedes any pretense toward adherence to any ideals related to free speech and expression."

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Translated:  "Thank God there are still fascist wannabes like Robinson whose tingle-up-the-leg lust for Donald Trump supersedes any pretense toward adherence to any ideals related to free speech and expression."

....says the person with the tin-foil baseball cap!     :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ScottinVA

In their passionate worship of Trump, they have become little trumps... classless, mean, vindictive, insulting trashy people.  They never debate any issue ... they just resort to insults and posting ugly pictures.

The site has now become lifeless ... no one to argue with ... all in lock step.  Can you say cult?  I know you can.

And it will never recover its former greatness as a gold-standard forum of conservatism.  I'd look for TBR to pass them in membership and prominence in the future.

Offline ScottinVA

I just posted that quote on my TOS about page.  Wonder how long the zot will take.

Chae, different subject, but I noticed you posted comments on the thread pertaining to the possible split United Methodist Church over homosexuality.  My next-door neighbor is a retired Methodist pastor and he's expressed concerns about the coming split.  I suspect other churches will follow suit in time.

Offline ScottinVA

....says the person with the tin-foil baseball cap!     :whistle:

No worries... it's borrowed.  I'm giving it back today.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I respect Mark Steyn a lot and am forced to agree with his position here.  We know what we would get with Hillary and we can't afford it.

It's a throw of the dice with Trump but, despicable as he is, he might be a better president.

(this is from a die-hard who is still hoping Cruz somehow gets the nomination at the Convention)

@Relic   @Norm Lenhart   We know what we will get with Clinton but we also know opposition to her will be high.  She lacks any leadership, charisma, strength or really any value to be president except her last name.  She won't be as bad as Obama because he's clearly pushing Muslim domination.   Her poor health will probably limit her to only 4 years.

Trump on the other hand is clearly quite dangerous.    He is a bully in a china shop and doesn't care what he breaks because he's never had any real consequences his entire life.  We don't know where he stands on policies except that whatever he does will be good for Trump.  We also know he'll piss off every other country with his big mouth and ugly American syndrome. 

Trump would probably lead us into a major war after alienating the few remaining allies we have.

I don't agree with Norm that compromise isn't necessary sometime.   The right has continually lost ground the last 100 years because of our tendency to only support the pure position (an our ability to fight amongst each other).  Trump isn't the answer though.

Trump or Hillary, both will destroy America.  With Hillary we have a chance to NOT die in a nuclear conflagration.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Bill Cipher

@Relic   @Norm Lenhart   We know what we will get with Clinton but we also know opposition to her will be high.  She lacks any leadership, charisma, strength or really any value to be president except her last name.  She won't be as bad as Obama because he's clearly pushing Muslim domination.   Her poor health will probably limit her to only 4 years.

Trump on the other hand is clearly quite dangerous.    He is a bully in a china shop and doesn't care what he breaks because he's never had any real consequences his entire life.  We don't know where he stands on policies except that whatever he does will be good for Trump.  We also know he'll piss off every other country with his big mouth and ugly American syndrome. 

Trump would probably lead us into a major war after alienating the few remaining allies we have.

I don't agree with Norm that compromise isn't necessary sometime.   The right has continually lost ground the last 100 years because of our tendency to only support the pure position (an our ability to fight amongst each other).  Trump isn't the answer though.

Trump or Hillary, both will destroy America.  With Hillary we have a chance to NOT die in a nuclear conflagration.

:thumbsup:

Offline Relic

That is a thoughtful position. I disagree with it, but I respect it.  :beer:

Offline mcjordansc

The infamous 'mute', one step prior to banning where the ministry of right speech can analyze all comments you attempt to make and just allow those through that fit the image they want, and use the others as an excuse to complete the zot. They use it to toy with someone before zotting, letting some pass and others not so you look like you have incomplete thoughts or don't make sense. They call it purgatory for a reason.

About a month ago I was put on the comment review list. Later, in the we need money thread, I posted I would donate if they would return me to full posting privileges. They did, I did not donate, and now I am back on the review list. So, I guess you can buy yourself out of timeout.

Offline politicalwit

• MedRecruiterUSA, LLC
" So, I guess you can buy yourself out of timeout."  Ahhhh...sounds like your typical TrumpTransaction.

@ mcjordansc
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 03:43:39 pm by politicalwit »

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?

goopo

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
I still have an account over at TOS (as well as two sock puppets, but don't tell anyone) and I was thinking about changing my tagline to "Orange is the new black" but was afraid I would get severely moderated for it.

Someone already beat you to the tagline, assuming he's still there (doubtful).
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline Victoria33

@Relic   @Norm Lenhart   We know what we will get with Clinton but we also know opposition to her will be high.  She lacks any leadership, charisma, strength or really any value to be president except her last name.  She won't be as bad as Obama because he's clearly pushing Muslim domination.   Her poor health will probably limit her to only 4 years.  Trump on the other hand is clearly quite dangerous.    He is a bully in a china shop and doesn't care what he breaks because he's never had any real consequences his entire life.  We don't know where he stands on policies except that whatever he does will be good for Trump.  We also know he'll piss off every other country with his big mouth and ugly American syndrome.   Trump would probably lead us into a major war after alienating the few remaining allies we have.

I agree with what you said.  Hillary would not push the red button for sure destruction of the country which would mean she and her family dies.  Plus, on domestic issues she would have congress to hold her back.  That assumes Trump does not cause so much trouble that Republicans lose our majority in the house and senate.

Trump has no inner control of himself.  He has already cut off cooperation with England, our "used to be" ally before he verbally attacked the Prime Minister.  Trump is absolutely dangerous to our security.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Trump has no inner control of himself.  He has already cut off cooperation with England, our "used to be" ally before he verbally attacked the Prime Minister.  Trump is absolutely dangerous to our security.

Eh, he's just pissed that Parliament debated barring him from entry.  :tongue2:

Not that they had any choice: A petition to the Crown, duly signed and with the requisite number of signatures, must be debated by the full House within 90 days of being ratified. Been that way since about 1500 - we're not changing it to suit someones whims.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Victoria33

Everything you said I agree with but have to add that I truly believe that Donald Trump is mentally ill. That scares me more than Hillary.Hillary is a lying evil witch lacking in any morality but mentally ill? Nope, just evil. Trump is all that and nuts. There is no way I could vote for someone who I believe is that dangerous.

Hi, ConservativeGranny, yes, you and I think he is mentally disturbed.  Electing a "crazy" person is having someone who cannot be trusted at all as the mentally disturbed are exactly that - their brain does not work right so no one will know what that person is going to do.  I will not vote for a mentally disturbed person.  I will leave that spot on the ballot blank. 

In voting, one should vote their conscience, that is the bottom line.  It doesn't matter what others do, one must stay true to his/her core beliefs.  That is what I will do.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
If the founders had believed in this lesser of two evils stuff. We'd still be petitioning parliament to ease up on our oppression.
Sooner or later you have to pull a captain Kirk and take the third option. With any luck the Never Trump crowd will shock the GOPe enough to get them to the job we pay them so handsomely to do: Stop government oppression of the people.
Barring that happening we can either acquiesce to the downfall of our liberty, or prepare for the coming destruction of it. Options are few, but not non-existent. Any history book will tell you where more of the same leads us to.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline the_doc

If the founders had believed in this lesser of two evils stuff. We'd still be petitioning parliament to ease up on our oppression.
Sooner or later you have to pull a captain Kirk and take the third option. With any luck the Never Trump crowd will shock the GOPe enough to get them to the job we pay them so handsomely to do: Stop government oppression of the people.
Barring that happening we can either acquiesce to the downfall of our liberty, or prepare for the coming destruction of it. Options are few, but not non-existent. Any history book will tell you where more of the same leads us to.

Good post. Idaho_Cowboy!

Offline Norm Lenhart

Ex-friggin-zactly.

Offline keeptherepublic

I'm under the impression Free Republic is Jim's job/career. And he pays himself [and his employees?] well, because he can. It will be interesting to see what happens [with the next fundraiser] after so many generous members have left the site because of Jim's demands and/or zots.

In all fairness, JR is a double amputee and his wife is crippled too. Yes, I do believe he supplements their disability payments with income from FR.  And 4 x $88,000 is $352,000.

His son, John, does most of the actual upgrades, so is also on the payroll. I don't begrudge him the money I've sent, but I do resent the treatment I received for NOTHING that I did. I also wonder about some of therestrictions imposed by the articles that are posted over there. Other news gathering sites quote at length from the same sources without restrictions. FR isn't even allowed to post ANYTHING from USA Today (a truly despicable news source, but widely circulated.)

Online roamer_1

In short, I think JR's position is tending to usher in the very disaster that he hopes to avert.

True, but I think the answer to his reasoning is more simple:

JR started FR with the purpose of activism - I think that's his thing, and I think he is trying to recapture FR's glory days. He is trying to force the unified activist sense of FR's former days.

Sadly, that can't be forced. And sadly, he's hitched his wagon to something other than Conservatism, and kicked off most of the rock-ribbed Conservatives - those who are willing to shed political blood, kick *ss and take names for the cause of Conservatism.

He has mistaken the loud, clanging populism of rah-rah agitators, whose principles change with the wind, for that which abides in Conservatism's resolute and adamantine core.

The 'WINNERS!!!' he has remaining, I would predict, are not so inclined toward real activism as he would hope... Nor is their cause principled, nor is it just. And in that, it will not be timeless, but temporary. And the 'win' will be Pyrrhic at best.

Offline goatprairie

I've said this before on different threads, but let's look at the long view.
If it comes down to either Trump or Clinton, I guess Trump would be slightly better.  But one thing Trump will definitely NOT!!! do is spread the conservative message. He will spread Donald H. Trump's message....me, myself, and I.
So say Trump wins this year (Trump wins this year, Trump wins this year, etc.) We have maybe stopped ultra-leftism for four years. But Trump has some screwy, leftist positions of his own. But whatever.
We can be sure that since the Dem Party has now descended into the stinking swamp of ultra-leftism, in four years they will nominate another nutty leftist. They will keep nominating nutty leftists for the far foreseeable future unless the political atmosphere changes.
 As stated before, Trump is not the person to deliver a conservative message. He is a one off.
But now the Republican Party has decided it wants to be a populist/nationalist party. No conservative philosophy please.
In four or eight years we will be in the same spot we are now. There is no other party that pushes the conservative/free trade/limited gov. message other than Libertarians. And Libertarians have decided that pushing legalization of pot is the most important issue of the century.
So in four or eight years the Pubbies will be sending a quasi-Trump as their standard bearer under the new populist/nationalist/isolationist philosophy.
That message will not defeat the march of leftism that has won over the young set who are viewing socialism much more favorably than past generations. There's no way Bernie Sanders could have been as successful forty years ago. George McGovern, a pre-Sanders, socialist Democrat candidate, got killed against a moderate Republican.
We need a conservative champion. Trump is not that person.  He will do great harm to the conservative movement in the Republican Party if he has not already killed it.
There's no way this country will survive on its present course of unabashed socialism. Unless we figure out how to get the conservative message front and center, we're doomed.

Offline the_doc

I've said this before on different threads, but let's look at the long view.
If it comes down to either Trump or Clinton, I guess Trump would be slightly better.  But one thing Trump will definitely NOT!!! do is spread the conservative message. He will spread Donald H. Trump's message....me, myself, and I.
So say Trump wins this year (Trump wins this year, Trump wins this year, etc.) We have maybe stopped ultra-leftism for four years. But Trump has some screwy, leftist positions of his own. But whatever.
We can be sure that since the Dem Party has now descended into the stinking swamp of ultra-leftism, in four years they will nominate another nutty leftist. They will keep nominating nutty leftists for the far foreseeable future unless the political atmosphere changes.
 As stated before, Trump is not the person to deliver a conservative message. He is a one off.
But now the Republican Party has decided it wants to be a populist/nationalist party. No conservative philosophy please.
In four or eight years we will be in the same spot we are now. There is no other party that pushes the conservative/free trade/limited gov. message other than Libertarians. And Libertarians have decided that pushing legalization of pot is the most important issue of the century.
So in four or eight years the Pubbies will be sending a quasi-Trump as their standard bearer under the new populist/nationalist/isolationist philosophy.
That message will not defeat the march of leftism that has won over the young set who are viewing socialism much more favorably than past generations. There's no way Bernie Sanders could have been as successful forty years ago. George McGovern, a pre-Sanders, socialist Democrat candidate, got killed against a moderate Republican.
We need a conservative champion. Trump is not that person.  He will do great harm to the conservative movement in the Republican Party if he has not already killed it.
There's no way this country will survive on its present course of unabashed socialism. Unless we figure out how to get the conservative message front and center, we're doomed.

DEAD ON, I'm afraid.  And what you have presented is a best-case scenario. 

Offline Victoria33

But one thing Trump will definitely NOT!!! do is spread the conservative message. He will spread Donald H. Trump's message....me, myself, and I.

Your post is a good one.  I was a psychological examiner for twenty-five years and believe Trump's behavior is that of a mentally unstable person.  I will never vote for him due to that reason.  I do not want his finger near the red button and I also believe he could start WWIII and we would have no allies as he has ready ticked a number of them off and he has just started with that.  He cannot control himself and we absolutely cannot have such a person running this country.

Due to the above, I will vote for the Libertarian candidate for president (not concerned about marijuana use as that is determined by state) and conservatives down the ballot.  I worked in the Texas Republican Party for ten years, holding elections and teaching Texas Election Law across the state to County Chairmen, lawyers, election judges/clerks.  This was volunteer on my part to assure we have fair elections in this state.  So, with that background, I am still leaving the Republican Party when it comes to Trump - that is how dangerous I think he is.

Another issue - the word, "hate" when it comes to choosing one candidate over another.  I do not "hate" anyone and others here who have reason not to vote for Trump, are not "haters", either.  Trump people on the other site and this one throw the word, "hate" toward those of us who cannot, due to our conscience, vote for the man.  I have blocked people on this website who use that word about us.  (I write poetry and feel a poem coming about the word, "hate".)
@CatherineofAragon
@Bigun
@mystery-ak
@kartographer