Poll

After 4 years of Hillary or Trump, what do you think will happen?

Author Topic: Free Republic Founder: #NeverTrumperism Is a Losing Proposition – Will No Longer Be Tolerated  (Read 16728 times)

Offline BikkFire

Wow. Apparently they are moderating comments now. I just tried to leave a simple comment and now someone has to approve my comment.
@RaceBannon
I am one of the lucky ones...  I have been under radar for quite a while now... but raising my head up when I had no tongue left to bite..  Quite surprised I didn't end up with a similar situation, being that some were zotted for less than what I had to say.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 05:26:45 am by BikkFire »

Offline BikkFire

First post.  I am a refugee from Free Republic.  Member there, in good standing, for nearly 20 years.  Then, about a month ago, my account was suddenly suspended.  Not for cursing or insulting anyone, simply because I strongly advocated against Trump.  The place has changed.  All the nice people are pretty much gone.  It's now a site filled with hate and intolerance.  Very much like a nationalist version of Democratic Underground.  As Trump changes his positions, they change right along with him.  It's become very cultlike.  I don't see how the site survives this latest manifestation.
@Timmy
Welcome ;^)
Yup, it's full of so much hatred and blindness now...  I only log in to check pings anymore (including pookie's)..

You will find it's much more flexible here, without the vitriol and childish name calling :)

:beer:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I was bummed when Ted was put down badly and basically withdrew from the forum (save rare non-political threads); this after seeing typical insults before of other personalities. Discourse, is one thing and that is good and maybe some personal jabs are okay too; but this was just downright vulgar.

And I'll say it for about the 3rd time here and what others have said, I'd see a lot of names I wasn't familiar with. Now, I don't doubt Trump's popularity with some, so I'm not chalking that down to anything underhanded. It's just a bit of an anomaly with some room for horseplay.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 06:34:16 am by TomSea »

Offline The_Reader_David

Is this really worthy of a Politics thread?

Yes.  FR had been an important part of the American right -- remember Rathergate? -- and used to be a fairly interesting place with free-wheeling discussion among all elements of the right.   Sadly now it has limited its appeal to those drawn to a cult of personality centered on a candidate who is
"right wing" only because he opposes the left's enthusiasm for multiculturalism (with its attendant corollaries of support for unfettered immigration and turning a blind eye to the actual social doctrines of Islam), while being on board with labor protectionism (usually a left position), supporting Planned Parenthood to the extent of parroting specious Democrat talking points about the organization, viewing universal health insurance as a desirable Federal policy goal and even from time-to-time speaking favorably of "single payer" systems, uncritically accepting the left's view of "gender" in regards to the segregation of toilets and locker-rooms by sex,... I could go on.

The oppose-multiculturalism-be-labeled-far-right is common in Europe.   Geert Wilders is, in everything except his opposition to open immigration and Islamization, a model social democrat, but that one deviation is enough to be "far right" in the eyes of the Eurocrats and their media stooges.  Evidently Jim Robinson uses the same "reasoning" to conclude that Trump is a "conservative".
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
Yes.  FR had been an important part of the American right -- remember Rathergate? -- and used to be a fairly interesting place with free-wheeling discussion among all elements of the right.   Sadly now it has limited its appeal to those drawn to a cult of personality centered on a candidate who is
"right wing" only because he opposes the left's enthusiasm for multiculturalism (with its attendant corollaries of support for unfettered immigration and turning a blind eye to the actual social doctrines of Islam), while being on board with labor protectionism (usually a left position), supporting Planned Parenthood to the extent of parroting specious Democrat talking points about the organization, viewing universal health insurance as a desirable Federal policy goal and even from time-to-time speaking favorably of "single payer" systems, uncritically accepting the left's view of "gender" in regards to the segregation of toilets and locker-rooms by sex,... I could go on.

The oppose-multiculturalism-be-labeled-far-right is common in Europe.   Geert Wilders is, in everything except his opposition to open immigration and Islamization, a model social democrat, but that one deviation is enough to be "far right" in the eyes of the Eurocrats and their media stooges.  Evidently Jim Robinson uses the same "reasoning" to conclude that Trump is a "conservative".

I have to say that is well stated
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Quote from: RAT Patrol on May 12, 2016, 09:12:38 PM
I called my credit card to cancel my monthly donation to FR. They insisted that I call FR and gave me a phone number. It was a WRONG number! The poor woman on the other end had been beleagered with calls from all over the world, and she readily supplied the right number. I spoke to Jim, but he didn't give me a "cancellation number" so I'm going to have to call back. But, for your information, the number to call is: 559-437-9431.

The lady on the other end said that she had received hundreds of calls for years, and she told me that I was lucky that I got her and not her husband. She said her husband wasn't too nice about it anymore. Understandable.

Wow....   Sounds like FR is more like a sleazy scam than I thought!!!!!!!   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
To this day, why does one need $88,000 to maintain a site that hasn't been updated in 20 years, when can you put a site on the cloud I would say for at least $50 per month.. Depending on the band with I guess.

I'm under the impression Free Republic is Jim's job/career. And he pays himself [and his employees?] well, because he can. It will be interesting to see what happens [with the next fundraiser] after so many generous members have left the site because of Jim's demands and/or zots.
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I called my credit card to cancel my monthly donation to FR. They insisted that I call FR and gave me a phone number. It was a WRONG number! The poor woman on the other end had been beleagered with calls from all over the world, and she readily supplied the right number. I spoke to Jim, but he didn't give me a "cancellation number" so I'm going to have to call back. But, for your information, the number to call is: 559-437-9431.

The lady on the other end said that she had received hundreds of calls for years, and she told me that I was lucky that I got her and not her husband. She said her husband wasn't too nice about it anymore. Understandable.

That is the number Jim still has listed on his administrative pages too. I guess he never thinks to update that. He also has listed: 559-273-1400.

Would you mind writing that up in an article that is stand alone?  It is worth getting someone's attention.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 03:31:01 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
One of these... http://www.yellowpages.com/whitepages?from=AnyWho&first=Jim+&last=Robinson&city=Fresno&state=CA  Probably the third.

The 9421 number now belongs to:
559-437-9431
Terrell Glatter
N Atlas Way, Fresno, California
http://tel2name.com/559-437

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Is this really worthy of a Politics thread?

IMHO, this belongs in member chat.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Remember when Jim  was not a fascist?

Good times.

Remember when Jim was actually relevant in politics, and not some banty rooster who squawks and stomps around, thinking that his backwater internet cesspool actually has influence anymore?

Good times.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
...and we continue to compromise and compromise and compromise for the sake of victory until we have gone from the point of having Statesmen as leaders to shysters or worse like both parties are facing this election cycle.

Maybe if enough people stopped letting themselves be told what is or isn't a winning proposition (following in herd mentality), and just stood up for what they believe, we can stop this march towards idiocracy.

At some point, people need to stand up and say Never!

Or, as William F. Buckley put it- standing athwart history yelling 'Stop!

Yes.

Everyone has a breaking point. This cycle I hit mine.

The last two elections gave me enough reason to support the GOP candidate, so (in my mind) my voting for McCain and Romney was justified.

Not this time. In fact every fiber of my being is telling me that both choices are wrong, and because of that I will take no part in elevating wrong to the level of POTUS.

I actually hope that I am dead wrong and that the political instincts that have served me so well for so many years have somehow dulled with time. I don't think so, but I hope so.

The thing is that if I am wrong, if Trump beats Hillary and turns out to be the savior of the Republic his supporters believe him to be, I will humbly accept being wrong, be grateful for all he does for the country and cede the point.

On the other hand, if his supporters are wrong, and he is the man that I believe that he is, his being elected could feasibly be more destructive to the nation, the GOP and conservatism in general than Hillary and her leftist ideology could ever be.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 05:21:08 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Suppressed

It actually goes beyond just Trump.  FR used to be a place where almost any idea could be challenged.  But now, what has happened is that if you try to correct someone else's hyperbolic statement on almost any subject, you get jumped by those who confuse the correction of hyperbole with opposition to the underlying issue.  If you point out anything positive Congress has done, you immediately get tagged as a tool of the Establishment rather than as someone just pointing out a relevant fact.

Perspective and critical thinking have been jettisoned in favor of having a cheering section on approved positions/candidates/issues.

In fact, I would say that correction was often welcomed, so FReepers wouldn't make fools of themselves and conservatism.  Nowdays, the leftists point to FR to illustrate how uninformed conservatives are.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline kevindavis007

I'm under the impression Free Republic is Jim's job/career. And he pays himself [and his employees?] well, because he can. It will be interesting to see what happens [with the next fundraiser] after so many generous members have left the site because of Jim's demands and/or zots.

Well he does need a new camper..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

It actually goes beyond just Trump.  FR used to be a place where almost any idea could be challenged.  But now, what has happened is that if you try to correct someone else's hyperbolic statement on almost any subject, you get jumped by those who confuse the correction of hyperbole with opposition to the underlying issue.  If you point out anything positive Congress has done, you immediately get tagged as a tool of the Establishment rather than as someone just pointing out a relevant fact.

Perspective and critical thinking have been jettisoned in favor of having a cheering section on approved positions/candidates/issues.

@Bruce Campbells Chin
I think the site started to go down hill during the who Terry Schiavo controversy... 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline mirraflake

@Bruce Campbells Chin
I think the site started to go down hill during the who Terry Schiavo controversy...

:beer:     yes indeed. Case study why religion and politics are like oil and water.

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
OUR SELF-FUNDED FORUM NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT! (FReepathon XLIV)

Posted on Saturday, May 14, 2016 11:36:08 AM by Jim Robinson

As practically all of you know, Free Republic is entirely supported by our users. That is by design. We want NO string pullers. NO puppet masters. NO annoying ads or pop-ups.

In order to pull it off, we need your active participation in funding the site. MANY are enjoying the benefits, while a relative handful are financially invested in our continued existence.

Now who would have ever thought when you run off the bill payers, the freeloaders are left to sponge. Hey that is just like nobama's gubmit! Welcome to tRumpworld, Freeploaders.

See ya at the auction, Mr. My Way or the Highway.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Expectation of perfect order at FR is naïve. I learned way back, anything is possible.

Example: The trial of David Westerfield, for the murder of a little girl.

The parents of the girl, were marijuana smoking swingers, and those "moral" failures, earned the murderer a kind reception in the hearts of a large number of freepers, bound to keep the parents' shortcomings foremost in their consideration.

Some whacko ruled the roost, named "FresnoDA" and nobody could/would stop him. It was crazy.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
You cannot reason a man out of a position that he was not reasoned into in the first place.  At the same time, something that cannot go on will eventually stop...it is only a matter of time for FR.

I do see this as an excellent opportunity to do some undercover demolition over there....not that I would directly sanction such a thing you understand.....but would it not be fun to start adding appropriate, descriptive keywords to agitprop posts like this one??  I know they can track who adds keywords, but they cannot delete them once added.  You might get your ass banned, but all that does is ban you from posting.  It does NOT erase any of your past handiwork. 

NeverTrump is an obvious winner but how about bitteroldfart, OberFuerherJim, or any number of other creations?  Do them one at a time to avoid drawing too much attention to yourself, but have fun, especially if you think they are about to pull the plug on you.

For proof that this works, go do a keyword search on "Mormophopbia" "Mormophobic" "Angryformermormon" or "mormoaner" and see how many of my old keyword mortar rounds are still there four years later.  I've been "banned" from FR for years but for some reason I can still log in to my account over there, all of my posts still exists and all of my keyword sabotage is still there for the looking.

Have fun!

:smokin:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
:beer:     yes indeed. Case study why religion and politics are like oil and water.

It wasn't even a case of religion and politics. It was more religion and secular government.

The laws of the State were the laws of the State, and at the end of the day, they prevailed.

Most of Schiavo's defenders still hold grudges against those politicians in the State who did not refuse to abide by the letter of the law and various Court findings on the grounds that they found the law, or rather the law as it applied to the Schiavo case, morally objective.

Imagine if every public servant was at liberty to refuse to abide by duly enacted laws that they objected to.

The Schiavo case exposed the singular commonality shared by liberals and conservatives alike... a strong affinity for totalitarianism.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline LadyLiberty

Those poor people.  If she's got the correct number, why doesn't she call and demand that he correct his phone info where necessary?  I  would be getting a lawyer to send them a cease and desist letter.

Offline kevindavis007

It wasn't even a case of religion and politics. It was more religion and secular government.

The laws of the State were the laws of the State, and at the end of the day, they prevailed.

Most of Schiavo's defenders still hold grudges against those politicians in the State who did not refuse to abide by the letter of the law and various Court findings on the grounds that they found the law, or rather the law as it applied to the Schiavo case, morally objective.

Imagine if every public servant was at liberty to refuse to abide by duly enacted laws that they objected to.

The Schiavo case exposed the singular commonality shared by liberals and conservatives alike... a strong affinity for totalitarianism.

I happen to agree..

Offline kevindavis007

It also started the my way or the highway conservative movement..

Offline Henry Noel

Reminds me of a funny exchange from the British hit series "Blackadder":

MELCHETT: Unhappily, Blackadder, the Lord High Executioner is dead.
BLACKADDER: Oh woe! Murdered of course.
MELCHETTE: Oddly enough, no. This one just got careless one night and signed his name on the wrong dotted line. They came for him while he slept.
BLACKADDER: He should have told them they had the wrong man.
MELCHETT: Oh he did, but you see they didn't, they had the right man and they had the form to prove it.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Henry Noel

Every man is at liberty to refuse to abide by duly enacted laws that he objects to. Whether he exercises that liberty is a matter for his conscience and his willingness to abide the consequences. Nuremburg told us that.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 06:46:35 am by Henry Noel »
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!