Poll

After 4 years of Hillary or Trump, what do you think will happen?

Author Topic: Free Republic Founder: #NeverTrumperism Is a Losing Proposition – Will No Longer Be Tolerated  (Read 16729 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
didn't see it

Posted it again and tested it.

It's in Disqus comments

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Jim Hoft, Kristinn his partner, and JR are all in cahoots together.  Disingenuous post at best.

Yep, Kristinn is JR's lawyer, one of the original founders, and his media spokesperson when it is necessary. They are pretty much partner sites.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Posted it again and tested it.

It's in Disqus comments

I see it (cool matrix pic).
I think many don't see there are two sets of comments and then once you find the Disqus comments, you have to re-sort them.

Offline the_doc

I heard this analogy recently. Constantly being told you have to choose between the lesser of two evils is like telling your kids if you are going to steal a candy bar, be sure to steal the smaller one. Then you can tell the person you stole the candy bar from that you chose the lesser of two evils, and they'll praise you for it.

Good quip. 

I would further elucidate the dilemma of 2016 voting choices as follows:  We all understand the dilemma of choosing between the lesser of two EVILS.  But there is a difference between an EVIL (i.e., a privation of the good) and a DEVIL (a bona fide spiritual monster).  I have always said that Christians, of all people, should understand that we must refuse to choose between the lesser of two DEVILS.  (Spiritually speaking, it is obviously safer to refuse to participate--leaving the outcome of our refusal in the Lord's hands [where it already rests anyway].)

When we understand this faith-based ethic, we discover steel in our spiritual backbones.   

Offline kevindavis007

To this day, why does one need $88,000 to maintain a site that hasn't been updated in 20 years, when can you put a site on the cloud I would say for at least $50 per month.. Depending on the band with I guess.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Good quip. 

I would further elucidate the dilemma of 2016 voting choices as follows:  We all understand the dilemma of choosing between the lesser of two EVILS.  But there is a difference between an EVIL (i.e., a privation of the good) and a DEVIL (a bona fide spiritual monster).  I have always said that Christians, of all people, should understand that we must refuse to choose between the lesser of two DEVILS.  (Spiritually speaking, it is obviously safer to refuse to participate--leaving the outcome of our refusal in the Lord's hands [where it already rests anyway].)

When we understand this faith-based ethic, we discover steel in our spiritual backbones.

That's an interesting way to look at it...   :pondering:
Let it burn.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
In my opinion Free Republic as a serious group of conservatives has lost all credibility. All!!!  They are a bunch of whiny, self-congratulating thugs.  Children.  Trump fits them perfectly.  They're a mob that is out of control and untethered to any core principles.   While there may remain some exceptions, that is the general selfie they present to the world.

In their passionate worship of Trump, they have become little trumps... classless, mean, vindictive, insulting trashy people.  They never debate any issue ... they just resort to insults and posting ugly pictures.

The site has now become lifeless ... no one to argue with ... all in lock step.  Can you say cult?  I know you can.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LonestarDream

Great job.  Second time today we have reciprocated links over the FR issue.

The Federalist and Gateway Pundit.  Lots of new folks coming on board here.

freedrepublic.com link posted

Woo Hoo!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:27:15 am by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline kjam22

Good quip. 

.      I agree completely.  My position remains that I will not vote for King Trumpy or Hitlery.  Will never happen.  I liken it to being made to bow to the anti christ.    Wont do it.       Interesting that a site called free republic is fascist.     It was a good site at one time.  I'm convinced King Trumpy has paid them off.  In this case money shuts down free speech on free republic
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline ArneFufkin

In my opinion Free Republic as a serious group of conservatives has lost all credibility. All!!!  They are a bunch of whiny, self-congratulating thugs.  Children.  Trump fits them perfectly.  They're a mob that is out of control and untethered to any core principles.   While there may remain some exceptions, that is the general selfie they present to the world.

It's easy for members who are wholly invested in the "Cult of Jimmy" to extend their blind loyalty to the "Cult of Donny".

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus

Maybe if enough people stopped letting themselves be told what is or isn't a winning proposition (following in herd mentality), and just stood up for what they believe, we can stop this march towards idiocracy.

:thumbsup3:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline LonestarDream

Bump.  Already have five sign ups today and dozen or from yesterday due to these FR articles.

It's easy for members who are wholly invested in the "Cult of Jimmy" to extend their blind loyalty to the "Cult of Donny".
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Timmy

First post.  I am a refugee from Free Republic.  Member there, in good standing, for nearly 20 years.  Then, about a month ago, my account was suddenly suspended.  Not for cursing or insulting anyone, simply because I strongly advocated against Trump.  The place has changed.  All the nice people are pretty much gone.  It's now a site filled with hate and intolerance.  Very much like a nationalist version of Democratic Underground.  As Trump changes his positions, they change right along with him.  It's become very cultlike.  I don't see how the site survives this latest manifestation.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Remember when Jim  was not a fascist?

Good times.

Remember when Jim could call his site and agenda conservative with a straight face?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
First post.  I am a refugee from Free Republic.  Member there, in good standing, for nearly 20 years.  Then, about a month ago, my account was suddenly suspended.  Not for cursing or insulting anyone, simply because I strongly advocated against Trump.  The place has changed.  All the nice people are pretty much gone.  It's now a site filled with hate and intolerance.  Very much like a nationalist version of Democratic Underground.  As Trump changes his positions, they change right along with him.  It's become very cultlike.  I don't see how the site survives this latest manifestation.

Welcome Timmy....   Come by the "Welcome FR Refugees" thread to check in, and say Hi to a bunch of us banished former Freepers.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Welcome, recall you from FR. Were you per chance on the old Mike Reagan or Ken Hamblin forums? I know I've seen your handle somewhere else.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Henry Noel

To this day, why does one need $88,000 to maintain a site that hasn't been updated in 20 years, when can you put a site on the cloud I would say for at least $50 per month.. Depending on the band with I guess.

That's a very good question. And that's $88,000 every three months.

I've always suspected that JimRob is like an unscrupulous literary agent who charges reading and handling fees to unpublished authors, 99.9 percent of whom don't write well enough to have a snowball's chance in hell of getting a contract. He takes their money and promises to market their work, knowing full well that he has no intention of doing so.

Conservatism is a special market that can be tapped by those clever enough to say the right words, and offer the right promises.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Relic

Is this really worthy of a Politics thread?

I guess I underestimate the poor sensitive souls with emotional wounds who need a safe space?

Offline RedHead

And he wonders why his fundraisers run longer and longer each quarter.  I remember a time when they were done in a month.  But that was several purges ago.

Offline libertybele

So...we could ALL have a lot of fun and bombard his website and leave our #NEVERTRUMP signatures! :silly: :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
And he wonders why his fundraisers run longer and longer each quarter.  I remember a time when they were done in a month.  But that was several purges ago.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Online andy58-in-nh

Wow. Apparently they are moderating comments now. I just tried to leave a simple comment and now someone has to approve my comment.

Nice to see you here, Race. I only visit FR sporadically now, if only to gawk at the lockstep uniformity of those who remain, and to send private invites to those who appear to be in imminent danger of Zottage. Many of them are now here, I'm happy to say.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline keeptherepublic

Quote from: RAT Patrol on May 12, 2016, 09:12:38 PM
"In my opinion Free Republic as a serious group of conservatives has lost all credibility. All!!!  They are a bunch of whiny, self-congratulating thugs.  Children.  Trump fits them perfectly.  They're a mob that is out of control and untethered to any core principles.   While there may remain some exceptions, that is the general selfie they present to the world."

I called my credit card to cancel my monthly donation to FR. They insisted that I call FR and gave me a phone number. It was a WRONG number! The poor woman on the other end had been beleagered with calls from all over the world, and she readily supplied the right number. I spoke to Jim, but he didn't give me a "cancellation number" so I'm going to have to call back. But, for your information, the number to call is: 559-437-9431.

The lady on the other end said that she had received hundreds of calls for years, and she told me that I was lucky that I got her and not her husband. She said her husband wasn't too nice about it anymore. Understandable.

Offline MajorClay

Welcome Timmy

Offline Hoodat

I guess I underestimate the poor sensitive souls with emotional wounds who need a safe space?

A safe space?  You must be referring to the site that purges people when they feel threatened.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-