Author Topic: Ripple Effect: Trumps Pushes 11 States Toward The Democrats  (Read 7959 times)

geronl

Re: Ripple Effect: Trumps Pushes 11 States Toward The Democrats
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2016, 02:46:38 am »
I can't believe the people of Utah and Montana especially, would willingly sacrifice their 2nd Amendment rights.

Utah is the most GOP state in the union, I think.

If Utah is lost, then it's a 50-state rout against Trump.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2016, 03:05:41 am »

Maybe not 50 State..... but trump did not even win his Home State... not even did trump win his Home District.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

A-Lert

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2016, 03:36:59 am »
I think you are up too late.

However, let this tea party Oklahoman tell you something...... I would rather Hillary be the next Pres... than trump.

Better to lose a chess piece than the whole game.

We'll lose the whole board and the pieces if a demonrat occupies the White House.

A-Lert

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2016, 03:39:23 am »

If people are willing to sacrifice their 2nd Amendment rights and the SCOTUS for 20 years or more, they'll get it with Hillary Clinton.

Online ScottinVA

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2016, 12:26:56 pm »

Well, here's some news the anti-Trump folks can embrace and celebrate after such a tough week.

Nice try.  We're not the ones owning the Trump trainwreck that looms in November.  The orange-headed carnival barker and his adoring fans are.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2016, 12:33:31 pm »
Talked to family over the weekend:

My mother still likes Hillary.

My dad told me he doesn't care what my mom says, he's going with Trump.

My brother is a big time leftie, odd because he works as a broker in London, but can vote in US election. He was supporting Bernie Sanders, but says he's now pro-Trump, which I thought was shocking. Then later he said he wasn't voting and never votes, lol. He didn't like Cruz. Later we were discussing the transgenderism in the bathroom controversy and he said he perceived Cruz as anti-gay and that's why he lost, and people don't like social conservatism anymore. I discussed the other side of the transgenderism argument, that people won't accept physical males getting undressed with pubescent girls. I said it didn't affect me but I could see how it could concern some people, especially women, who will have to deal with physically male "transgenders" in their previously female-only spaces.

But I was pretty shocked my brother said he was pro-trump, so maybe there is something about Trump's ability to bring people across the aisle.

Hillary is an amazingly weak candidate.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2016, 12:37:34 pm »
Nice try.  We're not the ones owning the Trump trainwreck that looms in November.  The orange-headed carnival barker and his adoring fans are.

Nicely put.  Charm school graduate?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2016, 12:38:31 pm »
We'll lose the whole board and the pieces if a demonrat occupies the White House.

Then blame yourself.  You should have thought of that before allying with the alt-right.  Trump's damaged goods because of the company he keeps and encourages.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2016, 12:48:39 pm »

With Trump we will lose the majority in the Senate and possibly the majority in the House.  IF the bombastic narcissist, who has no idea how government runs, decides to do whatever he wants by the power of his pen, money, liberal connections, etc., do you really think that the DEM majority is going to stop the orange egotistical maniac?  Don't you see?  Trump is in place to railroad any conservative and divide the GOP.  He is NOT a conservative.  The Clinton's have him on their side ... it doesn't matter whether Trump gets in or Hillary gets in ... they are BOTH LIBERAL!  If Hillary gets in, there is a greater possibility of holding on to at least the House majority.  We will have at least a small portion of our party left.   The Trumptrain is heading for a train wreck and taking the GOP and the country with it!

No conservative wants to see Hillary or Trump ... I refuse to vote for either one.

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2016, 02:46:12 pm »

What's the use of talking about what's going to happen in November?

It has already happened.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

A-Lert

« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2016, 07:01:58 pm »
Then blame yourself.  You should have thought of that before allying with the alt-right.  Trump's damaged goods because of the company he keeps and encourages.

We finally get a candidate with energy, enthusiasm, passion, fire and a desire to male America great again and the anti/nevers attack him and his supporters. Trump won the most votes and delegates for a reason. You may not like him, but he's going to be the GOP candidate. You can live with Hillary occupying the White House.........I can't.

Question for you anti/neverTrumps.....If Trump is so liberal why would he be held responsible for pushing 11 states toward the democrats?

A-Lert

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2016, 07:07:09 pm »
With Trump we will lose the majority in the Senate and possibly the majority in the House.  IF the bombastic narcissist, who has no idea how government runs, decides to do whatever he wants by the power of his pen, money, liberal connections, etc., do you really think that the DEM majority is going to stop the orange egotistical maniac?  Don't you see?  Trump is in place to railroad any conservative and divide the GOP.  He is NOT a conservative.  The Clinton's have him on their side ... it doesn't matter whether Trump gets in or Hillary gets in ... they are BOTH LIBERAL!  If Hillary gets in, there is a greater possibility of holding on to at least the House majority.  We will have at least a small portion of our party left.   The Trumptrain is heading for a train wreck and taking the GOP and the country with it!

No conservative wants to see Hillary or Trump ... I refuse to vote for either one.

#NeverTrump

Sorry, I'm not swayed by tinfoil speculation and allegations. Trump will eviscerate Clinton and win a landslide victory for America.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2016, 07:18:13 pm »
We finally get a candidate with energy, enthusiasm, passion, fire and a desire to male America great again and the anti/nevers attack him and his supporters. Trump won the most votes and delegates for a reason. You may not like him, but he's going to be the GOP candidate. You can live with Hillary occupying the White House.........I can't.

Question for you anti/neverTrumps.....If Trump is so liberal why would he be held responsible for pushing 11 states toward the democrats?
Why buy an imitation when you can get the real thing?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline the_doc

« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2016, 07:48:56 pm »
and 89 percent rejected Cruz yet the Push polls say he can beat Hillary.

As of this date, my research suggests that Cruz has gotten 29% of the popular vote, not 11%. 

Anyway, I think my post #75 destroys your insinuation that Cruz could never beat Hillary.  I stand by my position (and the polls) declaring that Cruz definitely could beat Hillary.  Even more important for our present discussion, I also stand by my position (with or without the polls) that Trump would almost certainly get slaughtered by Hillary.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2016, 07:58:38 pm »
As of this date, my research suggests that Cruz has gotten 29% of the popular vote, not 11%. 

Anyway, I think my post #75 destroys your insinuation that Cruz could never beat Hillary.  I stand by my position (and the polls) declaring that Cruz definitely could beat Hillary.  Even more important for our present discussion, I also stand by my position (with or without the polls) that Trump would almost certainly get slaughtered by Hillary.

LOL, you are getting funny. Using logical Fallacy to boot strap and circle. The Fact is Cruz nor any other has the turn out Trump has. Every time you use that formula of who did not vote for who it looks bad on you since your guy did way worse. Your own argument works against you. All you can regurgitate is the same bogus polls that are being rightfully ignored by the vast majority of voters.

I also noticed you ignored the proof I posted to you on why so many conservatives rejected Cruz and call him a liar.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2016, 08:02:12 pm »
Trump won the most votes and delegates for a reason.

It's because Democrats crossed over and voted for him.  They see him as the easiest GOP candidate to beat.  It's no wonder that Bill Clinton persuaded Trump to run.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2016, 08:04:29 pm »
Sorry, I'm not swayed by tinfoil speculation and allegations. Trump will eviscerate Clinton and win a landslide victory for America.

Either way, we're stuck with a Democrat for the next four years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2016, 08:06:56 pm »

Because he attracts and encourages racists, nativists and xenophobes.  That's the elephant in the room, Trumpling - the company your boy keeps.  Decent folks know Trump will divide this nation as never before,  and seek to stop it. 

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2016, 08:09:57 pm »

I don't see a lot of good news for either Cruz or Trump at this point in the campaign.  The average of net negatives for Cruz is -25, while for Trump -37.  Polls showing Hillary v Trump still give her an advantage, though even more so against Cruz.  Better hope Sanders doesn't make it in, as he absolutely destroys both Cruz and Trump by average double digits.  If the polls show Cruz defeating Hillary, you might let Real Clear Politics know so they can add it to their collection of polling data.

Campaign polling changes a lot, but these polls over the past two to three months almost universally spell bad news for both candidates on the GOP side.  And Cruz seems to be out of time this cycle.  For Cruz supporters though, if he can work on his likeability and issues a bit, I believe he has more campaigns in his future. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2016, 08:23:39 pm »
But I was pretty shocked my brother said he was pro-trump, so maybe there is something about Trump's ability to bring people across the aisle.

Trump and Sanders have a lot in common.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlE5vLaymB0

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

A-Lert

« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2016, 09:11:45 pm »
It's because Democrats crossed over and voted for him.  They see him as the easiest GOP candidate to beat.  It's no wonder that Bill Clinton persuaded Trump to run.

When you can prove those allegations with credible corroboration and statistical evidence, I'll listen. Otherwise it is just sore loser BS.

A-Lert

« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2016, 09:15:38 pm »
Either way, we're stuck with a Democrat for the next four years.

You can take your chances with Hillary, a liar, a thief,  who is  anti-2nd Amendment, disdains the military and is a sexual predator enabler. I prefer not to take that chance.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2016, 09:18:52 pm »
When you can prove those allegations with credible corroboration and statistical evidence, I'll listen. Otherwise it is just sore loser BS.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/04/25/60000-democrats-switch-republican-party-pennsylvania-ahead-primary/

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2016, 09:24:53 pm »
You can take your chances with Hillary, a liar, a thief,  who is  anti-2nd Amendment, disdains the military and is a sexual predator enabler. I prefer not to take that chance.

I understand.  You prefer to take that chance with a buffoon who divides this country, attracts racists and xenophobes, encourages mob violence,  has changed his position on just about every issue of the day,  has no guiding principles to speak of, is a thin-skinned egomaniac who retaliates against anyone who "insults" (or even refuses to congratulate) him, has given money to the Clintons and their causes over the years,  is a consummate crony capitalist and insider,  and will make us the laughingstock of the world.   

A-Lert

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2016, 10:13:06 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/04/25/60000-democrats-switch-republican-party-pennsylvania-ahead-primary/

That's it?  61,500 voters in Pennsylvania?  Seems like there was quite a jump in Republican registrations in Pennsylvania. Any statistics from other states?.

61,500 Democrats have become Republicans so far this year, part of a 145,000 jump in Republican registrations since the fall 2015 election, according to state figures analyzed by both parties. It’s more new Republicans than in the previous four years combined.

Reagan won with democrat crossover.

How and when  did Clinton convince Trump to run?