Author Topic: Trump's New Finance Chairman Was Sued Over Madoff Fraud Profit  (Read 632 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump's New Finance Chairman Was Sued Over Madoff Fraud Profit

Steven Mnuchin, a business associate of Trump’s and also chairman and chief executive officer of Dune Capital Management LP, was named to the Republican presidential candidate’s campaign on Thursday. Mnuchin was linked to Madoff through the estate of his late mother, whose roughly $2 million investment with the financier more than doubled to $5.2 million.

When Mnuchin’s mother, Elaine Cooper, died in February 2005, he and his brother Alan Mnuchin were named as beneficiaries and executors of her estate. Within a few months, $5.2 million was withdrawn from her account at Bernard L. Madoff Securities LLC. Three years later, on Dec. 11, 2008, Madoff was arrested. Picard said $3.2 million of that was fake profit that Madoff had stolen from others.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trumps-finance-chairman-sued-over-011936136.html

Well it begins.  The news full of stories about how Trump and his new cabinet likes to rip off the regular wage earning Americans.  Great choice Chump Trump!  Any blue collar workers that believe a Trump Administration is for you are chumps too.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump's New Finance Chairman Was Sued Over Madoff Fraud Profit
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 04:31:34 pm »
Trump is a Clintoon/Soros puppet! They pull the strings and he jumps!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 04:31:41 pm »
Trump's New Finance Chairman Was Sued Over Madoff Fraud Profit

Steven Mnuchin, a business associate of Trump’s and also chairman and chief executive officer of Dune Capital Management LP, was named to the Republican presidential candidate’s campaign on Thursday. Mnuchin was linked to Madoff through the estate of his late mother, whose roughly $2 million investment with the financier more than doubled to $5.2 million.

When Mnuchin’s mother, Elaine Cooper, died in February 2005, he and his brother Alan Mnuchin were named as beneficiaries and executors of her estate. Within a few months, $5.2 million was withdrawn from her account at Bernard L. Madoff Securities LLC. Three years later, on Dec. 11, 2008, Madoff was arrested. Picard said $3.2 million of that was fake profit that Madoff had stolen from others.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trumps-finance-chairman-sued-over-011936136.html

Well it begins.  The news full of stories about how Trump and his new cabinet likes to rip off the regular wage earning Americans.  Great choice Chump Trump!  Any blue collar workers that believe a Trump Administration is for you are chumps too.

I don't think it's reasonable to be critical of Munchin on this. If he was involved in the fraud it would be criminal. It's pretty common for heirs to liguidate the estate to divide the proceeds.

I think what is more than reasonable is to point out how Munchin is just one example of how Trump has played his followers for fools. Munchin is a well connected wall street insider. He worked for Goldman Saks for 17 years. He's worked with George Soros for a long time. He's a big time contributor to Rats. He's an inside Hollywood investor as one of the chief executives of Dune Entertainment. He's everything that Trump said he was against before he got the nomination.

Is it any surprise with bringing Munchin on board that now Trump is "rethinking" his minimum wage position, or that he's now decided his tax proposals are only an opening position in a negotiation and that taxes will probably have to go up.

I wonder if Munchin had any input on the "lets not pay the full amount on our debt obligation" comment.

People were warned.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 04:35:44 pm »
I don't think it's reasonable to be critical of Munchin on this. If he was involved in the fraud it would be criminal. It's pretty common for heirs to liguidate the estate to divide the proceeds.

I think what is more than reasonable is to point out how Munchin is just one example of how Trump has played his followers for fools. Munchin is a well connected wall street insider. He worked for Goldman Saks for 17 years. He's worked with George Soros for a long time. He's a big time contributor to Rats. He's an inside Hollywood investor as one of the chief executives of Dune Entertainment. He's everything that Trump said he was against before he got the nomination.

Is it any surprise with bringing Munchin on board that now Trump is "rethinking" his minimum wage position, or that he's now decided his tax proposals are only an opening position in a negotiation and that taxes will probably have to go up.

I wonder if Munchin had any input on the "lets not pay the full amount on our debt obligation" comment.

People were warned.

Yes they were warned.  I disagree though we can be critical.  The only reason the case dropped was because of time.  He made money off of people who were scammed.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 05:29:16 pm »
Yes they were warned.  I disagree though we can be critical.  The only reason the case dropped was because of time.  He made money off of people who were scammed.

Yes, but did his mom know it was a scam? We will never know. She's dead.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home