Author Topic: Trump seeks distance from Enquirer report linking Cruz’s father to JFK assassin  (Read 3062 times)

Offline BuckeyeTexan

Trump seeks distance from Enquirer report linking Cruz’s father to JFK assassin

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278766-trump-seeks-distance-from-enquirer-report-linking-cruzs

By Ben Kamisar
May 4, 2016

Donald Trump attempted to distance himself from his comments linking Ted Cruz's father to John F. Kennedy's assassination, arguing that he doesn't believe the accusations but brought them up in response to criticism from Cruz's father.

"Ted Cruz's father, seems like a nice guy, don't know him. He made horrible statements about me, praying for bad things to happen to me, essentially," Trump, the GOP’s presumptive presidential nominee, said during an interview Wednesday with CNN.

(Excerpted)
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline BuckeyeTexan

:thud:

Why? Why does he toss these bombs and then duck for cover?

Please, Trump. Just stop.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Frank Cannon

Because he is a 5 year old in a withered old mans body.

He is about to learn that there is no putting the toothpaste back in the tube once it vomits out. I and many other viscerally hate him now for his trashing of Cruz with lies and general stupidity.

Offline montanajoe

"Ted Cruz's father, seems like a nice guy, don't know him. He made horrible statements about me, praying for bad things to happen to me, essentially,"

(Excerpted)

Awwwhhhhhhh  poor baby.

Those mean old guys been talking about you bad again.

Maybe you should write your Congressman.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278766-trump-seeks-distance-from-enquirer-report-linking-cruzs

By Ben Kamisar
May 4, 2016

Donald Trump attempted to distance himself from his comments linking Ted Cruz's father to John F. Kennedy's assassination, arguing that he doesn't believe the accusations but brought them up in response to criticism from Cruz's father.

"Ted Cruz's father, seems like a nice guy, don't know him. He made horrible statements about me, praying for bad things to happen to me, essentially," Trump, the GOP’s presumptive presidential nominee, said during an interview Wednesday with CNN.

(Excerpted)

If the Trump supporters had eyes to see.............

This is great insight into what a Trump presidency would be.  Make me mad and I will make up stories about you.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fantom

Because he is a 5 year old in a withered old mans body.

He is about to learn that there is no putting the toothpaste back in the tube once it vomits out. I and many other viscerally hate him now for his trashing of Cruz with lies and general stupidity.

:beer:
Yep , the blood is on the deck.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline elhombrelibre

Trump is like his friend Hillary.  He's a brazen serial liar.  He demeans and insults anyone in his egotistical way.  He has no core principles. 

Offline R4 TrumPence

It is sad that you guys can not get this.  But I will try....
When someone attacks  Trump, he attacks back two fold, to let them know he plays hard ball.
All the candidates have on their big boy pants so they get it!

As the saying goes (which is my favorite) He doesn't suffer fools lightly.
You may not have liked it in the primaries, just wait til it is him and Hillary!!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline ScottinVA

It's the equivalent of a teen throwing out some vicious inference, followed by "I'm just sayin'!"

Orange Glorious isn't as slick as he thinks he is.  Through these comments and countless others, he has irreparably damaged relations with conservatives in this country, and many will simply not support him under any circumstance.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:59:14 am by ScottinVA »

Offline ScottinVA

When someone attacks  Trump, he attacks back two fold, to let them know he plays hard ball.

You may not have liked it in the primaries, just wait til it is him and Hillary!!

After all the months of his accusing others of "lying," then he comes out with crap like this?  That's not "paying it back in spades;" that's defamation of character.  I hope he pays heavily for it going forward.

Offline R4 TrumPence

After all the months of his accusing others of "lying," then he comes out with crap like this?  That's not "paying it back in spades;" that's defamation of character.  I hope he pays heavily for it going forward.

Well in all honesty, Cruz would start off his stump speech with at least four or five lies ie. Twisted truths about Trump, so hence lyin ted :shrug:

Offline elhombrelibre

Yeah, when it's Trump and Hillary, they can discuss all the money he's given her and all the praise he's given her and all the other liberals he's supported and all the previously vile things he's said about Republicans.  He plays hard ball alright.  He does it when it will help him and his vanity.  Beyond that there is no core, no courtesy, no common sense, only a deeply flawed cad.  He has no principles he will not betray for personal benefit.  He's the Faustian Pact for people who don't care what the leader believes as long as they're on his side. 

A-Lert

This is great insight into what a Trump presidency would be.  Make me mad and I will make up stories about you.

It's about time there is a Republican with a backbone who'll fight back instead of cowering in the corner. Trump schlonged the opposition. He'll destroy the vile, evil,  witch Hillary on his way to a landslide victory dragging along a weak GOP on his coattails.

A-Lert

Yeah, when it's Trump and Hillary, they can discuss all the money he's given her and all the praise he's given her and all the other liberals he's supported and all the previously vile things he's said about Republicans.  He plays hard ball alright.  He does it when it will help him and his vanity.  Beyond that there is no core, no courtesy, no common sense, only a deeply flawed cad.  He has no principles he will not betray for personal benefit.  He's the Faustian Pact for people who don't care what the leader believes as long as they're on his side.

How about discussing the nearly one million dollars Trump has contributed to the Republican party? Why wouldn't he fight hard when it benefits him? Finally we have a candidate with energy, passion, enthusiasm and fire and GOPers go all wobbly and  weak kneed.

Offline verga

And how will this work out on the international level? seriously how does he expect to deal with the leaders of other counties. Is he going to pull the same crap with Putin or Kim Jong-un. Petulant children need a wooden spoon taken to their backsides not the office of the president.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Not that it fits this situation, but the life long Democrat tag you keep hanging on TRUMP is stupid!
Back in the day in NYC you had to be a dem if you were going to do business. It is called local politics!
The same is true in  NC! 

We are at a point where reality needs to sink in.... You never Trump people need to actually read Trump's stances now, not two  years ago
You need to realize the media gotcha questions, which Trump the nonpolitical answers and the reanswers!

Trump's answers are reflexive, because he isn't a politician, and he does not guard his words!
When he thinks about what he just said, the gotcha is already there from the msm.

If all you have left is Hillary and Johnson the libertarian abortionist, whyc want you just open your ears and listen to Trump with an open mind!

Forget about the propaganda articles and just listen for yourselves!

The Republican party is only as good as it's members.
If you deny the party, and not try and save it, what does that say about you?
I have been a Republican since the day I was born..lol
My great uncle was a state senator, and my great grandfather was the state AG.
I was always so proud as a small child to tell people I was a Republican.
Although I could not vote, it was in my blood!!!
When I turned 18 I could not wait to sign up to vote!
I was a freshman in college, and working at a local finance company for the summer.
The black girl I worked with, was a few years older than me, but we knew each other In high school. We were both cheerleaders
So Theresa asked me, why does that excite you. I told her, from the time I saw the TV when JFK was shot, until the time Nixon came into office, I was scared to death of war!

So she said why do you want to be a Republican. I said, because my great grant grandfather an great uncle, told me that Republicans cared about regular people!
We worked across the street from the court house, so Theresa and I registered together....?Republican!!! I saw her last week at the grocery store and she is supporting Trump!

I was a JR in college before I knew all the history about the Republican party, and I was in awe!!!

I had info to tell non voters, about slavery, and how the first senator in TX was a Republican!!! I was flying high!
Now remember, prior to Theresa, I did not know a whole lot. So backing up for a second, I was at cheerleading cwhen we wethe first part if August 1974, when we heard on the radio that. Nixon had resigned!! I was so upset I couldn't think!
My mind is fuzzy after that, until JR year....we hated Jimmie Carter!!!
So I go off to college, where we are subject to gas rationing!!!! That is when me and my fellow gopers got people!e invoked with the 1980 elections.
We heard Ronald Reagan speak and we were like...hell yeah!!!
 But at that time we were alone 8888crybaby
So we copied his message and distributed on campus. We were all in! But yet we were called crazy!!!!
We went to the RR headquarters everyday after class. We made calls sent out fliers. Took yard signs and put them up! We did it all!!
But we kept hearing how bad he was doing..we weren't deterred!
Carter was a weinnie so we knew we had to push on...
The night of the election we were at the ballroom for all our local people, plus the pres. And we went nuts!!! It was a landslide!!!!!!! That is a moment in time that I will never ever forget!!¡

Well we are at that time again!
I know Trump can ànd will do it! It is the same exact feeling!!
So I say, what do you have to lose?????

If iam wrong, I lose nothing! But if iam right..... You guys lose every arguement you have posted against Trump!   :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:38:53 am by Repub4Trump »

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
You never Trump people need to actually read Trump's stances now, not two  years ago
Oh so past records don't matter, eh?  Just listen to what he says in the here and now, and ignore the rest.  Got it.   :whistle:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline R4 TrumPence

Oh so past records don't matter, eh?  Just listen to what he says in the here and now, and ignore the rest.  Got it.   :whistle:
Yes see that's all you got and that's sad. Had you read what I said you see that's all you got and that sad. Had you read what I said then you would actually have a spot in your brain instead of reacting to a few words that you really aren't understanding.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Yes see that's all you got and that's sad.

That's the best you got?  I've got a bookmark file on Trump with hundreds of links to news stories on his cozyness with liberals and support for Democrat politicians, going all the way back to his 2011 campaign and beyond.  The man is a fraud and a liar, and no better than Bill Clinton in his morals.  How you can support a corrupt conman like Trump despite volumes and volumes of evidence of his corruption and depravity, much of it coming out of his own mouth, is beyond me.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline ScottinVA

Well in all honesty, Cruz would start off his stump speech with at least four or five lies ie. Twisted truths about Trump, so hence lyin ted :shrug:

So, the solution for Trump is to attack Cruz' wife and accuse his father of complicity in the JFK assassination.  I get that Trump's tendency is to act like the thug he is, but that kind of behavior is not only detestable, it's psychotic.   That neurotic SOB belongs nowhere near the levers of power in this country.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's the best you got?  I've got a bookmark file on Trump with hundreds of links to news stories on his cozyness with liberals and support for Democrat politicians, going all the way back to his 2011 campaign and beyond.  The man is a fraud and a liar, and no better than Bill Clinton in his morals.  How you can support a corrupt conman like Trump despite volumes and volumes of evidence of his corruption and depravity, much of it coming out of his own mouth, is beyond me.

And you can bet the Hillary camp has everything you have bookmarked and more.  And they are plotting how to use it starting next month.

Those who say we shouldn't care about what he said two years ago?  You can bet your ass that the Dems care about that stuff and are going to use it to their advantage.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So, the solution for Trump is to attack Cruz' wife and accuse his father of complicity in the JFK assassination.  I get that Trump's tendency is to act like the thug he is, but that kind of behavior is not only detestable, it's psychotic.   That neurotic SOB belongs nowhere near the levers of power in this country.

The Branch Trumpidians are going to really have their panties in a twist when the DNC unleashes on Trump.  He's a rank amateur in this smear and sneer stuff compared to what he's about to face.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ScottinVA

Because, as is typical for him, he isn't man enough to EVER own up to his own words.

Offline ScottinVA

The Branch Trumpidians are going to really have their panties in a twist when the DNC unleashes on Trump.  He's a rank amateur in this smear and sneer stuff compared to what he's about to face.

Exactly.  The dems and their media have been essentially holding back on Trump, pending the outcome of the primaries.  Now that Trump's fat self stands alone as the target, they are going to lay fire on him like he's never seen before.

Offline Mechanicos

The fact is Cruz camp started the attacks.
Here is where the wife thing started:
http://dcwhispers.com/report-cruz-campaign-prepared-sex-scandal-story-several-weeks/#AJoswBgC2KtGEf4S.99
And Cruz's Daddy was being an ass to Trump.
Neither one is a victim. They started stuff and got their rear ends kicked by a better person.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17