Author Topic: Bush 41 and 43 REFUSE to endorse Trump: Former Presidents join a growing list of top Republicans who will not back their party's presumptive nominee  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Paladin

Yet another positive in the Trump column.

"Former Presidents George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush will not endorse Donald Trump, their spokesmen have announced.

Presidents 41 and 43 said they would not back Trump, despite him becoming the presumptive nominee after his two Republican rivals dropped out of the race for the White House.

Both of the former commanders-in-chief joined a growing list of prominent Republicans who have refused to back Trump's run for the presidency.

Former President George W. Bush, whose brother Jeb pulled out of the race in February after a string of dismal results, will not be taking part in the campaign whatsoever.

When asked if the most recent Republican president would throw his significant political weight behind Trump, his spokesman Freddy Ford said: 'President Bush does not plan to participate in or comment on the presidential campaign.' "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3574335/Both-former-Presidents-Bush-not-endorse-Donald-Trump-join-growing-list-prominent-Republicans-not-party-s-presumptive-nominee.html#ixzz47kP2Zdpq

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Frank Cannon

You are aware that these two former Presidents have much lower negatives then Trump? Bush 43 is generally well respected by the public.

Offline montanajoe

Both Bush's respected and valued the fine men and women serving in our military and both had a basic understanding of of the fundamental roll the military serves in assuring this nations survival when elected.

Trump used the system to avoid the draft in the 60's like so many of our generation.  I volunteered to serve and having another Clintonesk draft dodger as president makes me  :3:

Offline LonestarDream

You are aware that these two former Presidents have much lower negatives then Trump? Bush 43 is generally well respected by the public.

Interesting how this all sorts out.  Hopefully, Cruz will shift to Mr likeable nice guy for 2020.

Let tough guy Christie be AG and go after Hillary.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline GAJohnnie

So we have a new party. It is called  the Petulance Party, it's symbol a crying baby.

Offline libertybele

Interesting how this all sorts out.  Hopefully, Cruz will shift to Mr likeable nice guy for 2020.

Let tough guy Christie be AG and go after Hillary.

I'm not so sure Cruz going after Hillary would be a feather in his cap.  He could ... but he's going to encounter the same roadblocks that are already in place ... and where does that then put him??

The idea that Cruz is not nice is just plain crap.  It is actually the other way around ... the Washington cartel is not nice to him because he has integrity and represents conservatism and they represent corruption.

Cruz.  Reigniting the Promise of America!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Former Presidents George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush will not endorse Donald Trump, their spokesmen have announced.

Wow.  The Bush's are boycotting Trump.  Well, this news is quite the surprise.   :whistle:

Offline sinkspur

The entire Bush family exemplifies integrity.

Trump, on the other hand, is a low-life, with no core values, no morality and a bullying and bigoted mentality.

Good for them.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Resp3

Don't you just know the Trumpsters at TOS are just wetting themselves with glee over this non endorsement?

Better for Trump that the Bushes DON'T endorse him?

And Donald to send an insulting Tweet about the Bushes in 5, 4, 3....

Trump, on the other hand, is a low-life, with no core values, no morality and a bullying and bigoted mentality.

Good for them. 

Right on, bro!! 

Offline sinkspur

Right on, bro!! 

Bush never gave a dime to the Clintons.  Your boy can't even criticize the Clinton Foundation because he gave a hundred large to them.

Offline bilo

I never liked Bush 41 because he sold out the Reagan Pubs with his tax increase. I did however respect him and thought when it came to keeping the USA safe and dealing with the collapse of the USSR he was very good.

I liked Bush 43, but was dissappointed with his "reaching across the aisle". Like his father though he was excellent on defending the USA.

One of the things that convinced me that I could never vote for Trump was his bashing of Bush 43 and blaming him for 911. It really surprised me how quickly Trump's followers picked up the Rat talking point and never stopped bashing Bush 43 for the mess in the middle east.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Don't you just know the Trumpsters at TOS are just wetting themselves with glee over this non endorsement?

Well, I'm pleased because the Bush family globalists and the Mitt "choked like a dog" Romney do not belong in Donald Trump's GOP.  I'm glad they had the smarts to bow out gracefully.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
After the lies Trump told about Bush 43 during the GOP debate and after Trump placed the blame on him for 9/11, I wouldn't support him either.  Good for them. 

Bush 43 has integrity.  Trump does not.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 06:01:23 pm by Eowyn »

Offline sinkspur

Well, I'm pleased because the Bush family globalists and the Mitt "choked like a dog" Romney do not belong in Donald Trump's GOP.  I'm glad they had the smarts to bow out gracefully.

Only 40% of the primary vote is apparently in Trump's GOP.  The other GOP did not vote for him, and a significant chunk won't vote for him in the fall.

We are going to kick Trump to the curb in November and Trumpism will be dead.

Offline Fantom

Yet another positive in the Trump column.

join-growing-list-prominent-Republicans-not-party-s-presumptive-nominee.html#ixzz47kP2Zdpq

Or not.... sanders voters are taliking about voting for Scam Wow,,too

...Things that make one go    :pondering:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Only 40% of the primary vote is apparently in Trump's GOP.  The other GOP did not vote for him, and a significant chunk won't vote for him in the fall.

We are going to kick Trump to the curb in November and Trumpism will be dead.

Yep.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Good for them.

Three cheers for the Bushes, who've long waged the good fight against fascism.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Come 2020, "Trump's GOP" will be no more relevant than the American Independence Party.   The alt-right can and will be kicked to the curb.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
[/quoIte]

I don't know where you got that idea...maybe on Free Republic.  Both Bushes are well regarded by the general public.

Most people agree that, while neither man was perfect, both were good men who loved their country.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
So we have a new party. It is called  the Petulance Party, it's symbol a crying baby.

It will be called the 'OMG what the heck did I do' party by the trumpers when their man not only goes back on all his promises but fails to beat Hillary.

Good luck with that.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

They are wetting themselves so much over there that I can't afford to click on the site...I'd have to clean my computer.

How could anybody be surprised that the Bushes are not supporting Trump.  He savaged both Jeb Bush and the entire Bush family.

The Bush's are worth one hundred Trumps.  They are decent people.  You cannot say that about Trump.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I never liked Bush 41 because he sold out the Reagan Pubs with his tax increase. I did however respect him and thought when it came to keeping the USA safe and dealing with the collapse of the USSR he was very good.

I liked Bush 43, but was dissappointed with his "reaching across the aisle". Like his father though he was excellent on defending the USA.

One of the things that convinced me that I could never vote for Trump was his bashing of Bush 43 and blaming him for 911. It really surprised me how quickly Trump's followers picked up the Rat talking point and never stopped bashing Bush 43 for the mess in the middle east.

It shouldn't have surprised you.  The trumpers on FR are total kool-aid drinkers and zombies.  Now, after criticizing Cruz for fund raising, they are all over Donald's announcement that he will fund raise.... many of them gleefully signing up for monthly or daily support. 

One thing that scares me about Trump, besides his own character, is the hold he has over his supporters.  It is not normal.