Author Topic: Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP  (Read 14736 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2016, 02:11:47 pm »
A Trump may already realize that destroying that relationship was a huge mistake and is merely testing the waters.

The number one thing you and everyone else needs to realize about a narcissistic sociopath is that they NEVER make mistakes. If it seems they did,it is because someone has betrayed them and changed their program in some way. NOTHING is EVER THEIR FAULT.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

A-Lert

« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2016, 06:17:24 pm »
This whole discussion is an exercise in futility.  There is absolutely no way Trump would select Cruz as his VP or appoint him to any position in his administration or the judiciary, and there is absolutely no way Cruz would accept even if he did.

Cruz has an ego as big or bigger than Trump.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2016, 06:19:24 pm »
 :amen:

Agreed.  Trump is only running his mouth; that's what he does best. Ironically, Trump made mention very early on the he would name Cruz as his VP.  The two of them even held a rally together to focus on their objection to the deal with Iran. Trump knows he needs a VP that will do his job for him as he himself even recently admitted, he knows the business end of the position, but nothing else.  It wasn't until Cruz was winning in IA that Trump began the attacks and when those attacks didn't work, he kept attacking.  IMHO Trump destroyed the relationship with the one person that right now could assure him the presidency.  Trump may already realize that destroying that relationship was a huge mistake and is merely testing the waters.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2016, 06:20:34 pm »
And they both have earned their egos.

Cruz has an ego as big or bigger than Trump.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

A-Lert

« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2016, 06:32:30 pm »
And they both have earned their egos.

The problem with Cruz is that he comes off as cold, hard, calculating and unlikable. The more people saw of him the more it became apparent. That's why he flamed out.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2016, 06:36:01 pm »
The problem with Cruz is that he comes off as cold, hard, calculating and unlikable. The more people saw of him the more it became apparent. That's why he flamed out.

And Trump is likable?  HA HA HA HA!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2016, 06:37:05 pm »

Cruz is intelligent, which is why Trump fans don't like him. He makes them feel stupid.

A-Lert

« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2016, 06:44:45 pm »

Well if rally turnout and votes received are  indicators, apparently he is.

A-Lert

« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2016, 06:46:46 pm »
Cruz is intelligent, which is why Trump fans don't like him. He makes them feel stupid.

Denigration and insults are so juvenile. Try to take it up a few notches. We don't need this forum to be another FR.

Offline elhombrelibre

« Reply #159 on: May 10, 2016, 11:11:40 am »
:thumbsup:

Why choose a Republican as Trump's running mate?  Why not choose Bernie Sanders?  Trump is moving to the Left of Hillary.  Let him pick a running mate that's as vain, mercurial, and unscrupulous as himself. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2016, 11:25:06 am »
Are you suggesting he's looking into ways to lower it?
or eliminate it. He has been consistent at increasing wages by bringing back good jobs. This entire faked up $neverTrump Agitprop was created by taking a discussion of how he was going to implement his tax cuts and spun it into a sound bite he was going to raise taxes. He has also been consistent on how we are not competitive.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline elhombrelibre

« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2016, 11:26:15 am »
Title:
"Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP"

Making him VP would not only smooth Trump's relationship with the Party and with the Congress, it will groom Walker for the job after Trump departs.

What will groom Trump for higher office?  He's never held any public office.  His claim to fame is that he's never been a public official.  He inherited a bundle of his daddy's money; he made himself famous like the Kardashians; he was involved in professional wrestling and Reality TV.  Yet nothing in his life groomed him for the Presidency of the United States.  His impolitic and undiplomatic language is supposedly a strength.  His lack of policy knowledge about foreign or domestic matters beyond what he learns on "the shows" is supposedly another great thing.  So it's odd that any of his supporters think a Governor needs to be groomed whereas a reality TV star is ready on day one. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2016, 11:34:29 am »
Denigration and insults are so juvenile. Try to take it up a few notches. We don't need this forum to be another FR.

My point was basically that nobody likes a nerd and Cruz is a nerd. Trump is a jock.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2016, 02:15:04 pm »
or eliminate it. He has been consistent at increasing wages by bringing back good jobs. This entire faked up $neverTrump Agitprop was created by taking a discussion of how he was going to implement his tax cuts and spun it into a sound bite he was going to raise taxes. He has also been consistent on how we are not competitive.

And what is his definition of a "good job"?  If $7.25 an hour is too much then what will the salaries of those jobs be?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2016, 04:27:53 pm »
@catfish1957

"And Trump is likable?  HA HA HA HA!!!!"

Well if rally turnout and votes received are  indicators, apparently he is.

Big deal. Ever seen newsreels of the rally's for Mussolini,Hitler,and Stalin?

It's the mindsets of  their followers that gives the dictators the validation they need to become the monsters they become.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 04:29:17 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2016, 04:34:25 pm »
What will groom Trump for higher office?  He's never held any public office.  His claim to fame is that he's never been a public official.  He inherited a bundle of his daddy's money; he made himself famous like the Kardashians; he was involved in professional wrestling and Reality TV.  Yet nothing in his life groomed him for the Presidency of the United States.  His impolitic and undiplomatic language is supposedly a strength.  His lack of policy knowledge about foreign or domestic matters beyond what he learns on "the shows" is supposedly another great thing.  So it's odd that any of his supporters think a Governor needs to be groomed whereas a reality TV star is ready on day one.

No,that's typical of his base. They don't need no stinkin reality,they have teebee images,and they know their teebees would never lie to them!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2016, 04:38:11 pm »
And what is his definition of a "good job"?  If $7.25 an hour is too much then what will the salaries of those jobs be?

IMO,a more important,and revealing,question would be "If you are such a yuge fan of bring back high-paying American jobs,why are you,EVEN NOW,trying to import foreign workers to work in your hotels because they work cheaper?"

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2016, 04:46:27 pm »

The Country at large dislikes Cruz by almost a 2 to 1 margin, just slightly less than Trump.  In the end, given his intransigence over practically every major issue, Cruz might have had a tougher row to hoe than Trump will.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

A-Lert

« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2016, 07:15:08 pm »
Why choose a Republican as Trump's running mate?  Why not choose Bernie Sanders?  Trump is moving to the Left of Hillary.  Let him pick a running mate that's as vain, mercurial, and unscrupulous as himself.

Tell me about Hillary's support of the 2nd Amendment, border security, respect for the military, Benghazi, her lying, stealing and enabling her sexual predator husband. Leftof Hillary?   :thud:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2016, 07:28:21 pm »

The one luxury, and a major advantage, for Trump is that he's never had to vote for/against any legislation. It allows him to be as flexible as he needs to be. Have to admit it, he's used it to great effect.

That will change when the media and Hillary start launching coordinated artillery strikes on each and every utterance of his.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2016, 07:30:27 pm »
The Country at large dislikes Cruz by almost a 2 to 1 margin, just slightly less than Trump.  In the end, given his intransigence over practically every major issue, Cruz might have had a tougher row to hoe than Trump will.

I have always regarded that as a given.    I've said since last year that Trump would win in a landslide if he is the nominee,   but Cruz would still win.   

I think Hillary is the sort of candidate who can not possibly win,  no matter who runs against her.   Especially after 7 1/2 years of Obama.   

Trump will win handily,   but Cruz would have won as well. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2016, 07:36:08 pm »
Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman. I am biased because I have known her for years. " I describe all my aquaintances that way. :pondering:

http://time.com/3962799/donald-trump-hillary-clinton/#3962799/donald-trump-hillary-clinton/

He basically said the same things to all the crowds in every state he has held rallies in thus far.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

A-Lert

« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2016, 07:52:58 pm »

Cruz comes across as cold, hard detached and impersonal. He can't help it. Many people who have spent the majority of their lives with their heads in books aren't particularly sociable. Trump has the outgoing, sociable personality. He's comfortable and used to dealing with crowds and all types of people.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2016, 08:01:35 pm »

I have always regarded that as a given.    I've said since last year that Trump would win in a landslide if he is the nominee,   but Cruz would still win.   

I think Hillary is the sort of candidate who can not possibly win,  no matter who runs against her.   Especially after 7 1/2 years of Obama.   

Trump will win handily,   but Cruz would have won as well.

The great unknown is still the potential legal issues Hillary might face.  Past that if nothing changes, Hillary has Democrat Party that will come together.  Trump definitely won't have that; Cruz probably would.  Trump may over time have an easier time bringing in independents and possibly some Democrats.  Cruz likely would not.  But it's a long time until November. 

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2016, 08:07:28 pm »
Cruz comes across as cold, hard detached and impersonal. He can't help it. Many people who have spent the majority of their lives with their heads in books aren't particularly sociable. Trump has the outgoing, sociable personality. He's comfortable and used to dealing with crowds and all types of people.

Pretty much what I just posted a few seconds ago.  But Cruz can learn, and if he's still interested next time around, he should shave off the rough edges, demonstrate some ability to be flexible with his colleagues, and broaden his view of the issues and their resolution.  Because at that time he may well find a more mature, better polished Rubio also in the game.