Author Topic: Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP  (Read 14730 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2016, 10:45:21 am »
If I had a photo of a POTUS, current or former I'd have it displayed also I suppose. I've got photos of wild animals on the walls of my house.

:silly:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2016, 10:47:28 am »
The point is ....politicians "society" is all crooked, decadent, and corrupt.!

If I had a photo of a POTUS, current or former I'd have it displayed also I suppose. I've got photos of wild animals on the walls of my house.
Forget it.
I thought people on this site were intelligent, and understood primary politics!

But I guess not :shrug:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2016, 12:08:53 pm »
Right...ah boy. What a pickle we are in.

That's one way of putting it.  From the beginning I've been stunned by the process as it played out.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online libertybele

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2016, 12:29:41 pm »
#1  Trump realizes that without Cruz supporters (mostly #NeverTrump) he will lose and he will lose big.  However, he also for some reason is of the notion that he can lie about him and his family, degrade him and his wife and kids, and spew all kinds of vulgarity about him in order to win and that is acceptable.  B.S.  Trump is sewer scum.  He needs to crawl back under the rock from which he came from.

I admire Cruz and feel he gave 110% to the presidential race if not more.  He ran against a lying, backstabbing, fraudulent con artist and came darn close to eliminating him.  I believe Cruz is an exemplary Constitutional Conservative with enormous integrity.  IF Cruz is offered the VP spot (I think Trump is fishing at this point) and he accepts, I would not hold it against him as I am confident he would have given it extreme thought and prayer.

I honestly feel perhaps at this point though, Cruz now would better serve the country as a Supreme Court justice; however, there would be no guarantee that Trump would appoint him or that the stupid idiots in Congress would approve him. Most importantly, I don't think Trump without Cruz would win; so that's another consideration.

Regardless of Cruz's decision and where he goes from here.  I stand with Cruz!!

Cruz.  Reigniting the Promise of America!!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hank Rearden

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2016, 12:47:09 pm »
I honestly feel perhaps at this point though, Cruz now would better serve the country as a Supreme Court justice; however, there would be no guarantee that Trump would appoint him or that the stupid idiots in Congress would approve him.

I agree that the Senate would be unlikely to confirm Cruz to SCOTUS now. However, I could see them easily confirming him to serve as U.S. Attorney General just to get him out of the Senate. After a few years at AG, Cruz could then fill a SCOTUS vacancy.
"The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans." - Gen. Robert E. Lee

Online libertybele

« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2016, 12:58:18 pm »
I agree that the Senate would be unlikely to confirm Cruz to SCOTUS now. However, I could see them easily confirming him to serve as U.S. Attorney General just to get him out of the Senate. After a few years at AG, Cruz could then fill a SCOTUS vacancy.

If they were to confirm him as a SCOTUS justice they would still get him out of the Senate.  The stupid idiots in Congress are too liberal to actually do something for the good of the country.

Whatever Cruz's path ... he will serve us well.

Cruz.  Reigniting the Promise of America!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2016, 01:10:30 pm »
Forget it.
I thought people on this site were intelligent, and understood primary politics!

But I guess not :shrug:
We do understand them. we also understand that the petulant one will not be around forever and has done an outstanding job of poisoning the well for true Conservatism with all the personal attacks on the other candidates. He has done damage that will last for years to come.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2016, 01:12:15 pm »
#1  Trump realizes that without Cruz supporters (mostly #NeverTrump) he will lose and he will lose big.  However, he also for some reason is of the notion that he can lie about him and his family, degrade him and his wife and kids, and spew all kinds of vulgarity about him in order to win and that is acceptable.  B.S.  Trump is sewer scum.  He needs to crawl back under the rock from which he came from.

I admire Cruz and feel he gave 110% to the presidential race if not more.  He ran against a lying, backstabbing, fraudulent con artist and came darn close to eliminating him.  I believe Cruz is an exemplary Constitutional Conservative with enormous integrity.  IF Cruz is offered the VP spot (I think Trump is fishing at this point) and he accepts, I would not hold it against him as I am confident he would have given it extreme thought and prayer.

I honestly feel perhaps at this point though, Cruz now would better serve the country as a Supreme Court justice; however, there would be no guarantee that Trump would appoint him or that the stupid idiots in Congress would approve him. Most importantly, I don't think Trump without Cruz would win; so that's another consideration.

Regardless of Cruz's decision and where he goes from here.  I stand with Cruz!!

Cruz.  Reigniting the Promise of America!!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
:amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline xsmommy

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2016, 01:14:55 pm »
Would be worth losing Cruz to the dark side to see the heads of the Trumpbots explode.
boy isn't that the truth. Cruz or even Rubio would have heads popping!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2016, 01:32:37 pm »
#1  B.S.  Trump is sewer scum.  He needs to crawl back under the rock from which he came from.

I admire Cruz and feel he gave 110% to the presidential race if not more.  IF Cruz is offered the VP spot (I think Trump is fishing at this point) and he accepts, I would not hold it against him as I am confident he would have given it extreme thought and prayer.  Most importantly, I don't think Trump without Cruz would win; so that's another consideration.  Regardless of Cruz's decision and where he goes from here.  I stand with Cruz!! 

Thanks for your accurate description of Trump.  Thanks also for your accurate description of Cruz.  I have posted on here when Cruz made the decision to suspend his campaign, he had tears in his eyes and said, "But the country...the country."  If he is offered the VP slot and accepts it, he will do so to "save the country...the country."

Offline Resp3

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2016, 02:01:07 pm »
If Cruz accepted the veep pick from Trump - I'd vote for Hillary on General Principle.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2016, 02:42:03 pm »
Does Trump really believe that Cruz whom he maligned, smeared, and insulted for months and who is a Constitutional Conservative, in contrast to the authoritarian narcissist unprincipled Trump would consider being Trump's VP? Cruz has already stated he is not interested and I hope he does not change his mind.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2016, 02:44:32 pm »
I'll never forget or forgive Trump attack Scott Walker in Wisconsin.

Edited for profanity
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:31:02 pm by Mod1 »

Online libertybele

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2016, 03:17:45 pm »
If Cruz accepted the veep pick from Trump - I'd vote for Hillary on General Principle.

All I can say to you is while I certainly understand where you're coming from, I think it is equally important to remember that Cruz realizes we've pretty much lost our country.  His objective was to restore our country, honor our Constitution and the very principles upon which this country was founded.  IF he indeed has an opportunity to do just that, I don't see that it would be so easy for him to just walk away from the opportunity.

Offline etcb

« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2016, 03:18:52 pm »
Does Trump really believe that Cruz whom he maligned, smeared, and insulted for months and who is a Constitutional Conservative, in contrast to the authoritarian narcissist unprincipled Trump would consider being Trump's VP? Cruz has already stated he is not interested and I hope he does not change his mind.
Trump used the WWE model of his friend Vince McMahon for his presidential campaign.  In his mindset, it is perfectly rational to trash someone in a personal way one day and embrace them the next.  To him, it is about the circus and keeping the crowd on the hook is the important thing.  His problem is with those who don't respond well to the professional wrestling model.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2016, 03:20:59 pm »
Trump used the WWE model of his friend Vince McMahon for his presidential campaign.  In his mindset, it is perfectly rational to trash someone in a personal way one day and embrace them the next.  To him, it is about the circus and keeping the crowd on the hook is the important thing.  His problem is with those who don't respond well to the professional wrestling model.
Yes, with Trump it is all about show biz.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2016, 03:46:09 pm »
Trump wants Oprah as his 2016 running mate

You get a tax break! And you get a tax break!

Real estate mogul-turned-celebrity TV star Donald Trump already had an “Aha!” moment about his 2016 running mate.

After declaring his run for the White House Tuesday, Trump appeared on ABC and said Oprah Winfrey would complete his presidential dream ticket.

“I think Oprah would be great. I’d love to have Oprah,” Trump said. “I think we’d win easily, actually.”

Trump had suggested Oprah as a potential sidekick once before — while considering a bid for the presidency in 1999.

Now that he’s officially running, he told

http://nypost.com/2015/06/16/trump-wants-oprah-as-his-2016-running-mate/

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.....

Offline Idiot

« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2016, 03:58:54 pm »
Can you name any primary in the last 50 years in the GOP in which anything like this kind of conduct occurred?

I don't mind sharp-elbows, or tough criticisms on issues of policy.  Rubio and Cruz went at it pretty strong on the whole Gang of 8 bill.  Bush called Reagan's economic plan "voodoo economics".  But this name-calling, and the "nobody should listen to what you say because you're behind in the polls" stuff that Trump said during debates is ridiculous.  I can't recall anyone even remotely approaching that.  And the worst part was that there weren't rude retorts on policy. They were rude retorts to avoid talking about policy.  That's just despicable, and not where anyone should really want their party to go.
The 11th Commandment had a purpose.  It was so that other Republicans would not be damaged for runs against Democrats.  Trump deliberately tried to make other Republicans into laughingstocks, and again, not even on policy issues.  It was just grade-school level insults.

So don't try playing the condescending "you just don't understand primary politics" card.  I've been watching primary politics since 1976, and never recall anything remotely like this.

You are exactly correct.  Trump is INCAPABLE of talking intelligently about any policy position.  His stock reply is "It will be so great that you won't believe it", or "We'll win so much that you'll get tired of winning".  That's the truly scary part about the man is that he has NO convictions.  No one really has any idea where he stands on ANY issue.  I guess he wakes up everyday and sticks his finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing.

And about Cruz being his VP choice.  No way in the world this is going to happen.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 04:00:28 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2016, 04:01:10 pm »

Nice avatar.  Wondering if I could convince you to change yours as the one you're using is a personal picture of mine that I'm using for this site.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline etcb

« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2016, 05:08:57 pm »
Nice avatar.  Wondering if I could convince you to change yours as the one you're using is a personal picture of mine that I'm using for this site.
No problem at all.  Consider it done.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2016, 08:03:13 pm »
The msm, and that includes FNC Rush, and assorted others are addicted to tRump much as he is addicted to the never ending vulgarity that is his signature behavior.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2016, 08:14:46 pm »
What's your source for your allegation of  his, Trump's "close ties to the Clintons"?
“They’re both terrific people, and I hope they both get the nomination,” Donald Trump on Hillary and Giuliani in 2007.

“Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman. I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard. And I think, again, she’s given an agenda, it is not all of her, but I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her.” His Royal Donaldness of Orange speaking about Hillary on Fox News in 2012.

“I’m a businessman. I contribute to everybody,” Trump said. “When I needed Hillary, she was there. If I say ‘go to my wedding,’ they go to my wedding.” -From the same 2012 interview.

Source: http://time.com/3962799/donald-trump-hillary-clinton/#3962799/donald-trump-hillary-clinton/

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2016, 08:26:12 pm »

There's a yuge liability here for the Donald. Take what he's said about Hillary: "Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman..." Add in things he's said about Cruz like, "He is, without a doubt, one of the most dishonest people in DC." Simmer in the mainstream sound bite driven media for a couple months and you have yourself the recipe for big problems in the PR department.

The media was silent or complicit as Donny Come Lately took out Cruz; they won't be as he goes after Hillary. Cruz could decline for Donald's own good.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2016, 08:28:57 pm »
They are not friends, they are acquaintances!!! Big difference!
Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman. I am biased because I have known her for years. " I describe all my aquaintances that way. :pondering:

http://time.com/3962799/donald-trump-hillary-clinton/#3962799/donald-trump-hillary-clinton/

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2016, 08:35:06 pm »
I think you're exactly correct on that.  And when you point to some of the stuff he says, many of his supporters will say "aw, he doesn't really mean that.  He's just saying that for effect."

The obvious follow up is "well then how do we know we should believe anything that he says", and there's generally no response to that.  It's like there's a secret code book somewhere that tells us what he "really" means when he says things.

First, you have to get your secret decoder ring in a package Trump Steaks. Next, drain a bottle of Trump Wine and read the message through the bottom of the wine bottle and the decoder ring to find out if this is truth hyperbole or a part genius plot to and will be back peddled in a half hour.