Author Topic: Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP  (Read 14613 times)

Offline Fantom

Re: Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 03:28:48 am »
If Cruz were to accept being Trump's VP after Trump insulted his wife and father, and after being called the worst liar in history for months, then he should just chop off his manhood, put a bow on it, and hand it over to Trump.  Because that's basically what he'd be doing anyway.

I agree...won't happen
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2016, 03:29:19 am »
He's more likely to choose Bernie Sanders anyway

Yep.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline etcb

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2016, 03:32:30 am »
If Cruz were to accept being Trump's VP after Trump insulted his wife and father, and after being called the worst liar in history for months, then he should just chop off his manhood, put a bow on it, and hand it over to Trump.  Because that's basically what he'd be doing anyway.
A couple of things to consider regarding the vice presidency.  First, it is a separate constitutional office and the incumbent is not subservient to the president.  Second, while the candidate for vice president is normally the person the president recommends, the nominee is selected by the delegates in almost the same manner as the presidential candidate.  The one difference is that there are no delegates bound by state law to support anyone.  A vice presidential candidate can be imposed by the convention and that very well could happen this time.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 03:33:16 am »
If Cruz agrees with you, that's what he'll do.   :shrug:

Those funky Virginia leftist just do not understand. .. :banghead:   

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2016, 03:35:28 am »
A couple of things to consider regarding the vice presidency.  First, it is a separate constitutional office and the incumbent is not subservient to the president.  Second, while the candidate for vice president is normally the person the president recommends, the nominee is selected by the delegates in almost the same manner as the presidential candidate.  The one difference is that there are no delegates bound by state law to support anyone.  A vice presidential candidate can be imposed by the convention and that very well could happen this time.

Interesting.

Likewise the delegates can select the nominee.  They do not have to go with trump.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:35:55 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2016, 03:39:45 am »
That would be the only thing... that would bring me around... a unity ticket... I follow Ted.

Who knows... this is a very wack year.

..."Donald.... I feel the Good in You".

But really... it is #fk.trump.

My prediction last Fall was that he would offer Cruz the VP slot for unity, and then nominate him to the SCOTUS...thereby allowing the GOPe to appoint "their guy" as VP replacement. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:40:11 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fantom

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2016, 03:47:16 am »
My prediction last Fall was that he would offer Cruz the VP slot for unity, and then nominate him to the SCOTUS...thereby allowing the GOPe to appoint "their guy" as VP replacement.

Somehow..I do not trust your hidden  face ...as a marker of truth.

Frederick Douglass

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2016, 03:48:46 am »
Myst, what a gem you posted.  Just like that....

“I respect Ted,” he told host Bill O’Reilly on Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor." "He was a very strong competitor. He really competed hard and tough."

“He’s certainly a capable guy,” the presumptive GOP presidential nominee added. "It’s something we can think about.”

“It’s an easy thing,” he said of the nominating process. "He said some things and he made some things up and he took some things that were said out of context.”

Cruz has stated that he was looking for 2020.  We shall see.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2016, 03:57:39 am »
Cruz is not Trump's best choice for VP.  He needs someone who can shore up the industrial midwest.  Scott Walker would fit the bill.

Also, anyone who thinks that Trump will not have a firm hold on this convention, including who is named as the running mate, is nearly as delusional as he is. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2016, 03:59:13 am »

Those funky Virginia leftist just do not understand. .. :banghead:

I assume "funky Virginia leftist" refers to me (talk about not understanding .... but I digress).  Take a moment and explain to me what it is I don't understand.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2016, 04:01:46 am »
The VP has no role of significance other than breaking ties in the Senate.  He has zero constitutional authority or portfolio of his own, which is why the "bucket of warm spit" comparison was made.  Other than that, he is completely dependent upon the President to assign him anything of substance.  In other words, a President can easily sideline the Veep completely, and render him a complete irrelevancy.

Cruz would be a fool to make himself that vulnerable to the caprice of Trump

Indeed, there would be no Trump/Cruz ticket.. unless... a one term Trump.... hmnn.

Anyways.. I seriously doubt a New Yorkie would hand off the baton to a Tea Party Patriot of what our founders imagined.

So we fight the bastards on right?  :smokin:

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2016, 04:06:03 am »
I assume "funky Virginia leftist" refers to me (talk about not understanding .... but I digress).  Take a moment and explain to me what it is I don't understand.

Actually it has nothing to do with you.. as I was doin' "Old School" ignore.

I very seldom even scan your posts as they are worth nada to me.  Somehow you seem to think I care what you have to say.

My bad..I apologize for my misfortune.

Frederick Douglass

A-Lert

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2016, 04:07:54 am »
Cruz is not Trump's best choice for VP.  He needs someone who can shore up the industrial midwest.  Scott Walker would fit the bill.

Also, anyone who thinks that Trump will not have a firm hold on this convention, including who is named as the running mate, is nearly as delusional as he is.

I'm leaning toward Gov. Walker also. Just don't know if he would want the VP position.

Offline etcb

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2016, 04:14:21 am »
The VP has no role of significance other than breaking ties in the Senate.  He has zero constitutional authority or portfolio of his own, which is why the "bucket of warm spit" comparison was made.  Other than that, he is completely dependent upon the President to assign him anything of substance.  In other words, a President can easily sideline the Veep completely, and render him a complete irrelevancy.

Cruz would be a fool to make himself that vulnerable to the caprice of Trump
I agree that on the surface,  it would not appear to be a good career move for Senator Cruz.  However, if he expected Mr. Trump to lose, it may be a good move.  Also, Mr. Trump would have no choice but to accept him as a running mate or to resign the nomination at which point, rule 9 would apply and the RNC would appoint a replacement.  While the initial discussion was about the possibility of Senator Cruz as the vice presidential nominee, the same consideration would apply to Gov. Bush, Gov. Romney or any other person the delegates wanted to select as the vice presidential candidate.

This is all just speculation as the likelihood of it happening is quite remote.  Never the less, it is nice to have this period of consequence free time to speculate while heightened emotions are allowed to cool.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2016, 04:15:09 am »
My sense is Scott Walker wants to make a run for a 3rd term as Governor of Wisconsin. It would/will be another epic face-off between left and right.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Fantom

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2016, 04:30:01 am »
It's a hell of a lot more entertaining than the spam pablum you post Jackson.

Heh....  000hehehehe

AH boy.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2016, 04:32:10 am »
One does not need the "safe space" of an "ignore function."

One can just post and ignore ...

There are personal reasons completely unrelated to politics where our host disdains that terminology. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Mod1

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2016, 05:33:49 am »
One does not need the "safe space" of an "ignore function."

One can just post and ignore the bleep...bleep.

Can we knock off the bleep, short bus, and similar references please?

Offline Fantom

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2016, 05:50:33 am »
Can we knock off the bleep, short bus, and similar references please?

Certainly.... thanx for the heads up. I certainly understand.

I would hope that "safe space" references are not verboten as that is  very topical.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:54:57 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2016, 05:58:26 am »
There are personal reasons completely unrelated to politics where our host disdains that terminology.
I understand.. but my comment is not  wrong.

Mayhap a PM would go a long way to understanding.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 06:00:43 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2016, 06:03:10 am »
Trump wants Oprah as his 2016 running mate

You get a tax break! And you get a tax break!

Real estate mogul-turned-celebrity TV star Donald Trump already had an “Aha!” moment about his 2016 running mate.

After declaring his run for the White House Tuesday, Trump appeared on ABC and said Oprah Winfrey would complete his presidential dream ticket.

“I think Oprah would be great. I’d love to have Oprah,” Trump said. “I think we’d win easily, actually.”

Trump had suggested Oprah as a potential sidekick once before — while considering a bid for the presidency in 1999.

Now that he’s officially running, he told

http://nypost.com/2015/06/16/trump-wants-oprah-as-his-2016-running-mate/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2016, 06:04:35 am »
Certainly.... thanx for the heads up. I certainly understand.

I would hope that "safe space" references are not verboten as that is  very topical.

Don't panic. I got a list of better pejoratives relating to Trump supporters for you. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2016, 06:07:21 am »
Trump wants Oprah as his 2016 running mate

You get a tax break! And you get a tax break!

Real estate mogul-turned-celebrity TV star Donald Trump already had an “Aha!” moment about his 2016 running mate.

After declaring his run for the White House Tuesday, Trump appeared on ABC and said Oprah Winfrey would complete his presidential dream ticket.

“I think Oprah would be great. I’d love to have Oprah,” Trump said. “I think we’d win easily, actually.”

Trump had suggested Oprah as a potential sidekick once before — while considering a bid for the presidency in 1999.

Now that he’s officially running, he told

http://nypost.com/2015/06/16/trump-wants-oprah-as-his-2016-running-mate/

I wonder if anyone told him that she isn't relevant anymore.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2016, 06:14:30 am »
Don't panic. I got a list of better pejoratives relating to Trump supporters for you.

Heh... I am an old board warrior.... no panic, just seeing where the what is..;).

I see neither poster has admin/mod ability. Maybe I will complain about abuse...lol.

But I do like to be as civil as possible.... unlike trumpansies.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 06:17:03 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2016, 06:19:59 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278793-trump-im-open-to-cruz-as-vp
May 04, 2016, 08:49 pm
Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP 

Some are saying if Cruz would accept to run as VP, they would lose all respect for him after Trump said bad things about his wife and father.

I was told when Cruz decided to suspend his campaign, he had tears and said, "But the country...the country."  He wanted to save this country and it was hard to give that up.  If he was asked to be VP, it would put him in a place to help the country stay afloat during a Trump administration.  To all:  Consider this before having a knee jerk reaction and dumping on him if he were to accept that position.