Author Topic: Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP  (Read 14692 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP
« on: May 05, 2016, 02:03:21 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278793-trump-im-open-to-cruz-as-vp

May 04, 2016, 08:49 pm

By Mark Hensch

Getty Images

Donald Trump on Wednesday said that he would consider making Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) his running mate.

“I respect Ted,” he told host Bill O’Reilly on Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor." "He was a very strong competitor. He really competed hard and tough."

“He’s certainly a capable guy,” the presumptive GOP presidential nominee added. "It’s something we can think about.”

Trump defeated Cruz in Tuesday’s Indiana GOP presidential primary, making him the presumptive nominee.

Cruz suspended his Oval Office bid shortly afterward, saying that his results in the Hoosier State “foreclose” his path to the Republican presidential nomination.

Trump on Wednesday said that he does not resent Cruz for their often bitter contest against each another.

“It’s an easy thing,” he said of the nominating process. "He said some things and he made some things up and he took some things that were said out of context.”

Reports emerged earlier on Wednesday that retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson would serve on a selection committee for finding Trump’s running mate.

Carson, another former GOP presidential candidate, will help Trump make his pick before the Republican National Convention in Cleveland in July.

Trump on Wednesday said that Carson’s involvement stems from his reluctance in becoming the vice presidential nominee himself.

“I don’t think Ben’s looking at that,” he said. "He’s a friend of mine. He’s been so helpful. He’s a terrific guy.”

Trump additionally reiterated that he is also eyeing Gov. John Kasich (R-Ohio), who suspended his White House run earlier Wednesday.

“I would certainly consider him,” he said. "During the debates I’d always find myself talking to John. I’ve had a good relationship with him, so we’ll see how that turns out.

“I don’t want to talk too much about it as I am considering a couple of people. We do have a lot of candidates who would be very, very good."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 02:05:28 am »
Lying Ted? THe guy you accused of being the son of the JFK assassination collaborator?

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 02:18:51 am »

Donald Trump on Wednesday said that he would consider making Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) his running mate.

Would be worth losing Cruz to the dark side to see the heads of the Trumpbots explode.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 02:24:15 am »
Ted Cruz has a political future.  Trump doesn't.

Cruz would be out of his mind to take any position in a Trump campaign or (God forbid) administration.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 02:24:51 am »
Lying Ted? THe guy you accused of being the son of the JFK assassination collaborator?
Trump is open to having his VP be the lyingest liar who ever lied a lying lie?  LOL...he claims he doesn't drink.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 02:25:40 am »

#f'cktrump.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 02:26:48 am »
Title:
"Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP"

I'm not.

Let the senator from Alberta mellow a few more years. Or nominate him for Scalia's seat on The Court, if you dare.

I'd rather see Scott Walker of Wisconsin as the VP candidate. He's a personable guy, committed conservative, acceptable to just about everyone, and has the best record of accomplishment of any Republican governor today.

Making him VP would not only smooth Trump's relationship with the Party and with the Congress, it will groom Walker for the job after Trump departs.

One last thought:
The "natural born citizenship" attacks on Cruz will not stop if he is Trump's choice.
The 'rats will attack as fervently as they ever do...

A-Lert

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 02:27:29 am »

#f'cktrump.

Do you think that adds to the forum?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 02:28:48 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278793-trump-im-open-to-cruz-as-vp

May 04, 2016, 08:49 pm

By Mark Hensch

Getty Images

“I respect Ted,” he told host Bill O’Reilly on Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor." "He was a very strong competitor. He really competed hard and tough."

“He’s certainly a capable guy,” the presumptive GOP presidential nominee added. "It’s something we can think about.”

Trump defeated Cruz in Tuesday’s Indiana GOP presidential primary, making him the presumptive nominee.

Cruz suspended his Oval Office bid shortly afterward, saying that his results in the Hoosier State “foreclose” his path to the Republican presidential nomination.

Trump on Wednesday said that he does not resent Cruz for their often bitter contest against each another.

“It’s an easy thing,” he said of the nominating process. "He said some things and he made some things up and he took some things that were said out of context.”

Reports emerged earlier on Wednesday that retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson would serve on a selection committee for finding Trump’s running mate.

Carson, another former GOP presidential candidate, will help Trump make his pick before the Republican National Convention in Cleveland in July.

Trump on Wednesday said that Carson’s involvement stems from his reluctance in becoming the vice presidential nominee himself.

“I don’t think Ben’s looking at that,” he said. "He’s a friend of mine. He’s been so helpful. He’s a terrific guy.”

Trump additionally reiterated that he is also eyeing Gov. John Kasich (R-Ohio), who suspended his White House run earlier Wednesday.

“I would certainly consider him,” he said. "During the debates I’d always find myself talking to John. I’ve had a good relationship with him, so we’ll see how that turns out.

“I don’t want to talk too much about it as I am considering a couple of people. We do have a lot of candidates who would be very, very good."

And he said it with a straight face too...I was watching....lol.  One scary man.........

A-Lert

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 02:29:28 am »
Title:
"Trump: I’m open to Cruz as VP"

I'm not.

Let the senator from Alberta mellow a few more years. Or nominate him for Scalia's seat on The Court, if you dare.

I'd rather see Scott Walker of Wisconsin as the VP candidate. He's a personable guy, committed conservative, acceptable to just about everyone, and has the best record of accomplishment of any Republican governor today.

Making him VP would not only smooth Trump's relationship with the Party and with the Congress, it will groom Walker for the job after Trump departs.

:thumbsup:

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 02:29:53 am »
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

C'mon SMOD 2016.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Fantom

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 02:32:54 am »
Would be worth losing Cruz to the dark side to see the heads of the Trumpbots explode.

That would be the only thing... that would bring me around... a unity ticket... I follow Ted.

Who knows... this is a very wack year.

..."Donald.... I feel the Good in You".

But really... it is #fk.trump.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 02:41:36 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

A-Lert

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 02:34:31 am »
And he said it with a straight face too...I was watching....lol.  One scary man.........

Trump contributed to the Cruz PAC

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Donald-Trump-Cruz-donation-PAC/2014/04/18/id/566428/

Real estate mogul and entertainment personality Donald Trump gave $5,000 to Sen. Ted Cruz’s leadership PAC in January, according to newly released campaign records.

The Hill reported that Trump’s donation to the tea party-backed Texas Republican — the maximum allowed per election cycle — is the latest indication that the men are becoming political allies.

The relationship between the pair got off to a bumpy start. Last August, Trump said he wasn’t sure whether Cruz could be president because he was born in Canada.

But at a February Republican Party dinner at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida, the tycoon called Cruz a "very special guy" and defended his 21-hour filibuster on the Senate floor over Obamacare.

"One of the reasons I like Ted Cruz so much, is that he’s not controversial," he said, to laughs from the audience.

"He shouldn’t be controversial because what he is doing is right. He took a stand recently, that if he had just a little backing — and Ted and I have spoken about this — from other Republicans … he would have negotiated one hell of a deal. It might not have ended Obamacare, but you would have really gotten a big chunk out of it."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 02:39:48 am »

It's a hell of a lot more entertaining than the spam pablum you post Jackson.

A-Lert

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 02:42:13 am »
It's a hell of a lot more entertaining than the spam pablum you post Jackson.

:tongue2:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 03:08:09 am »
Cruz will do whatever is in his political best interest.  That's who he is.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 03:10:38 am »

Certainly brings more to this forum than you.

Frederick Douglass

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 03:11:29 am »

Cruz's political best interest is to tell Trump to eff himself.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 03:13:07 am »
Certainly brings more to this forum than you.

I've seen no evidence supporting your claim.

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 03:13:58 am »
I've seen no evidence supporting your claim.

I haven't either.   :beer:

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 03:14:41 am »

If Cruz agrees with you, that's what he'll do.   :shrug:

Offline Fantom

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2016, 03:14:57 am »

One does not need the "safe space" of an "ignore function."

One can just post and ignore the bleep...bleep.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2016, 03:21:30 am »

Yep... not Teds best interest... Americas best interest... Scam Wow is toxic.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2016, 03:22:58 am »
 :mauslaff:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

geronl

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2016, 03:25:46 am »
Title: