Author Topic: At the starting gate: Clinton leads Trump by double-digits (Clinton 54, Trump 41)  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Indianapolis (CNN)As Donald Trump captures the mantle of presumptive Republican nominee, a new poll finds he begins his general election campaign well behind Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.

The new CNN/ORC Poll, completed ahead of Trump's victory last night, found Clinton leads 54% to 41%, a 13-point edge over the New York businessman, her largest lead since last July.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-poll-general-election/index.html

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Clinton has the edge on a range of other issues. She is more trusted than Trump on terrorism (50% Clinton to 45% Trump), immigration (51% to 44%), health care (55% to 39%), the income gap (54% to 37%), foreign policy (61% to 36%), education (61% to 34%) and climate change (63% to 30%).
Overall, voters are evenly split on their opinion of Clinton -- 49% see her favorably and the same share unfavorably. But a decidedly larger group (56%) see Trump unfavorably than see him favorably (41%).

Yeah... we're screwed.

Offline elhombrelibre

Maybe he can come up with a really clever insult, like "crooked Hillary."  That should suffice; it will open eyes and everyone will then back him after he backed her for nearly all of her public career. 

Online LMAO

Maybe he can come up with a really clever insult, like "crooked Hillary."  That should suffice; it will open eyes and everyone will then back him after he backed her for nearly all of her public career.

Countdown till the " yeah but Reagan's" come in.

Trump could still win in Nov as it's still early yet but it's going to be near impossible without the totality of the GOP base behind him. Romney tried that. And it's going to be difficult for him to make hay out of her corruption not only for the reason you mentioned but her corruption is known and factored in these polls.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline ScottinVA

Welcome to the first day of reality.

But really now.. the goal of nominating Trump was never truly about winning in November, anyway.  It was about destroying the GOP.

Offline Mechanicos

Indianapolis (CNN)As Donald Trump captures the mantle of presumptive Republican nominee, a new poll finds he begins his general election campaign well behind Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-poll-general-election/index.html
Every poll for the next few months will push this meme. Its their job to manipulate the weak minded. Serious. They had Hillary winning Indiana. Any poll says Hillary beats anything defies common sense. This is Hillary we are talking about. 
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline ScottinVA

Yeah... we're screwed.

The best hope for GOP candidates in the downticket races to limit damage from the oncoming train wreck would be to distance themselves as far from the orange-headed carnival barker as possible.  Trump will be far too radioactive otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:28:25 am by ScottinVA »

Offline kevindavis007

The best hope for GOP candidates in the downticket races to limit damage from the oncoming train wreck would be to distance themselves as far from the orange-headed carnival barker as possible.  Trump will be far too radioactive otherwise.

I'm either writing in Rubio or voting Libertarian for President. I'm voting GOP  for the Senate and the House.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline ScottinVA

Every poll for the next few months will push this meme. Its their job to manipulate the weak minded. Serious. They had Hillary winning Indiana. Any poll says Hillary beats anything defies common sense. This is Hillary we are talking about.

The only part in question is not whether Her Infernal Malevolence crushes Trump, but by how much.  That she will soundly defeat him is the safest bet in the house.  What has yet to be determined is how many Bernie supporters turn out for Hillary in November.  Recent history shows the dems always come home to their party at election time.  And please .. Let's not engage in false hopes of an indictment of Hillary saving the day for Trump.  An indictment is not going to happen.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:46:26 am by ScottinVA »

Oceander

I'm either writing in Rubio or voting Libertarian for President. I'm voting GOP  for the Senate and the House.

As will I. 

Offline kevindavis007

Bill Cipher

"Never" still means never.

#NeverTrump

Offline NavyCanDo

Good point about voting solid Republican in the Senate and the House.   They are our only hope in preventing Hillary and possibly even Trump from turning SCOTUS anti-gun.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline kevindavis007

Good point about voting solid Republican in the Senate and the House.   They are our only hope in preventing Hillary and possibly even Trump from turning SCOTUS anti-gun.

Exactly.. Gridlock is good is some cases :)

Offline kevindavis007

The only part in question is not whether Her Infernal Malevolence crushes Trump, but by how much.  That she will soundly defeat him is the safest bet in the house.  What has yet to be determined is how many Bernie supporters turn out for Hillary in November.  Recent history shows the dems always come home to their party at election time.  And please .. Let's not engage in false hopes of an indictment of Hillary saving the day for Trump.  An indictment is not going to happen.

Remember the PUMA's in 08?? You got to give the left credit where credit is due.. They don't have a circular firing squad like we had one since 06.

Offline Nickname

I have no idea what will happen but whether it's Trump or Clinton, Trump's supporters will get the government they deserve.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

Idiocracy was originally satire, now it is a documentary 8888crybaby
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

geronl

Overall, voters are evenly split on their opinion of Clinton -- 49% see her favorably and the same share unfavorably. But a decidedly larger group (56%) see Trump unfavorably than see him favorably (41%).

The more you see Trump, the less they'll like him

geronl

The GOP Congress would be a rubber stamp for any GOP President. They basically bent over for Obama

geronl

But really now.. the goal of nominating Trump was never truly about winning in November, anyway.  It was about destroying the GOP.

That has been the goal from the start

Offline ScottinVA

Remember the PUMA's in 08??

I sure do.... the PUMAs were one of a few nonexistent "rays of hope" for a McCain-Palin win in 2008.  One of the others was the "Bradley Effect." 

Offline ScottinVA

That has been the goal from the start

Yep..  Trump's legions can heartily high-five each other over THAT smashing success.  Mission accomplished.

Offline sinkspur

Yeah. Your boy spent the last nine months touting polls as long as they were favorable to him, and now you're running away from them because 64 of the last 66 taken show Trump losing to Hillary.  This latest one is the largest margin yet. 

You're kidding yourself if you think Trump wins in November.  He won't spend any money; hell, he's already got the tin cup out because he says he'd have to "sell a couple of buildings" to self fund. So all this "I'm funding my own campaign" was just so much bullshit for his bubbas.

The Hispanics despise him, and his sliming of women is going to be thrown in his face every fifteen minutes on national television.   He can't win if he doesn't pull better than the 27% of Hispanics Romney got and he won't.

And I'm going to love to watch Trump-Lewandowski-Manafort and company scrambling like cornered rats, trying to figure out how to get the #NeverTrump to fall in line.  I never will, but some will.  Enough for him to win?

I'd lay a four figure bet the answer is no.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

The GOP Congress would be a rubber stamp for any GOP President. They basically bent over for Obama

Tariffs?  Mass deportation?  Higher taxes?

Not likely.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.