Author Topic: Here’s What We Know About A Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton General Election  (Read 4295 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump supporters have been called almost everything imaginable, What next axe murderers and puppy killers? Sheesh!

No, I wouldn't go that far; however even your leader stated that he could shoot someone and you all would still support him.  You are definitely not responsible for what he says or does, but you are responsible for supporting him!

#NeverTrump
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline verga

You have three choices.  1.  You can defecate and urinate in your panties  2.  You can support that moral paradigm Hillary Clinton or you can do what I am going to do:

3.  Support the GOP nominee
Let's make sure we are 100% clear, Clinton and Trump are exactly the same two faced speaking outside of both sides of their mouth Candidate. Both are in it for themselves and don't give a Rats butt about the country.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
You have three choices.  1.  You can defecate and urinate in your panties  2.  You can support that moral paradigm Hillary Clinton or you can do what I am going to do:

3.  Support the GOP nominee

Actually your first choice sounds as vile and vulgar as Trump.  Actually, the choices are; #1) Sit out the election and do nothing  #2) Write in a candidate of your choice #3) Vote for Clinton #4) Vote for Trump #5) Vote 3rd party

I prefer#2.  That's a choice I can live with and still look at myself in the mirror.

#NeverTrump
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:28:57 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
All the candidates did what they had to do. One was more efficient, the  winner.

So in otherwards, anything goes. scorched earth, say anything, take it to the gutter, forget about integrity.

And yet Trump, and his supporters, whined at every turn about being attacked and not being treated fairly, and said how nasty Cruz was. Pot, kettle, black.

And now you're crying about civility, while out of other side of your mouth talking about Trump doing what he had to do.

Good thing Trump doesn't need my vote.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 04:26:30 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Wait until Mark "Oz" Geist, John "TIG" Tiegen and Michael T. Flynn hit the campaign trail for Trump.

Yeah sure OK. They're gonna turn this boat around, take on Hillary's organization. Sure, OK.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I didn't throw my name in that hat this cycle. I just get a kick out of all the "civility".  :patriot:
The politics involved are merely a symbol for argumentative types, to haggle away yet another day.

"Argument addicts" they have been called. This website is now by design, an "insultathon."

When Cruz and his conservative correctness, can give way to Gary Johnson's Libertarianism in a flash, I know that I am right on this.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

The politics involved are merely a symbol for argumentative types, to haggle away yet another day.

"Argument addicts" they have been called. This website is now by design, an "insultathon."

When Cruz and his conservative correctness, can give way to Gary Johnson's Libertarianism in a flash, I know that I am right on this.

:thumbsup:

I see the Cruz people here are still insulting and attacking Trump supporters at will, even though Cruz suspended his campaign. And now Kasich suspending. A sign of real maturity...Kasich suspending, not the insults.

Anyway, I just wanted to commend you on your excellent post, truth_seeker. You da man!

Offline R4 TrumPence

Cut them some slack, it is the morning after. I know how they are feeling from the !last election.
We can address them in a week or so,when they have had a chance to sort it all out.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
When Trump attacked Scott Walker's record as governor, he left the reservation never to look back. What Walker did represents the core of who we are. He won it, done it, fought it, and prevailed. And won the recall. Got the t-shirt.

Did it with smoothness and class, a real record of executive accomplishment. If Trump can bash that, then he stands for nothing I stand for.

Besides, he doesn't need my vote anyway.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Relic

I see the Cruz people here are still insulting and attacking Trump supporters at will, even though Cruz suspended his campaign. And now Kasich suspending. A sign of real maturity...Kasich suspending, not the insults.

Anyway, I just wanted to commend you on your excellent post, truth_seeker. You da man!

More of them are openly admitting their intention to vote for Hillary Clinton.

Which serves to support TS's post.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Trump supporters have been called almost everything imaginable, What next axe murderers and puppy killers? Sheesh!

Hey A-Lert!  I'm going to behead a puppy today - to celebrate Trump's victory - you going to do anything special?  Woo!  Hoo!

(NO animals were harmed in the above fictional scenario!)
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline BuckeyeTexan

Spent 9 years with buds on the border----a wall will not stop illegals.

Only Citizens armed to the teeth will stop this illegal invasion.

Can you provide some insight into why the BP union endorsed Trump? What do your friends say?

As an aside, I think we'll see heads explode when Trump doesn't build 3000 miles of wall. When he visited Laredo in June 2015 and after speaking with city leaders and BP, Trump acknowledged that we don't need a wall in some places because boots on the ground, strategic patrol, and advanced technology work better in some places. 

Those who voted for Trump just because he said he will build a wall are in for a rude awakening, I fear.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline truth_seeker

Can you provide some insight into why the BP union endorsed Trump? What do your friends say?

As an aside, I think we'll see heads explode when Trump doesn't build 3000 miles of wall. When he visited Laredo in June 2015 and after speaking with city leaders and BP, Trump acknowledged that we don't need a wall in some places because boots on the ground, strategic patrol, and advanced technology work better in some places. 

Those who voted for Trump just because he said he will build a wall are in for a rude awakening, I fear.
Heard him last Thursday in Costa Mesa, and he said fewer miles needed, because of existing barriers, geography, etc.

The point is more than just "the wall," it is the idea of a better, more secure border. They all talk, but little is done. We want him to do more. We want results.

Offline sinkspur

Cut them some slack, it is the morning after. I know how they are feeling from the !last election.
We can address them in a week or so,when they have had a chance to sort it all out.

It'll be worse in a week.

Did you hear?  Trump put Ben Carson in charge of finding his next VP.  Really.  Carson was soooo good on policy (especially foreign policy), Donald thinks he's the perfect guy to find someone to replace Chris Christie as his stage prop.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

More of them are openly admitting their intention to vote for Hillary Clinton.

Which serves to support TS's post.

I don't see anybody planning to vote for Hillary. 

Not voting for Trump is not voting for Trump.

Offline sinkspur

Heard him last Thursday in Costa Mesa, and he said fewer miles needed, because of existing barriers, geography, etc.

The point is more than just "the wall," it is the idea of a better, more secure border. They all talk, but little is done. We want him to do more. We want results.

He will throw the wall away in an effort to woo Hispanic voters.  You wait and see.

Offline Relic

I don't see anybody planning to vote for Hillary. 

Not voting for Trump is not voting for Trump.

You must not read the same threads that I do. No matter, we'll get Clinton, I think that's a safe bet.

Offline Henry Noel

You must not read the same threads that I do. No matter, we'll get Clinton, I think that's a safe bet.

It's probably a done deal. Between Obama and Hillary they might very well have the goods on Trump. Doing it this way, everybody stays out of jail.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Henry Noel

He will throw the wall away in an effort to woo Hispanic voters.  You wait and see.

I can foresee a run to the center/left in the near future, with maybe some kind of bone thrown to his "conservative" supporters.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

That would be beyond schadenfreude.

This is what they don't get...yet. Trump is a deal maker, and a winner. And he will deal to get the win, as he has done this whole primary. He will make the hated GOPe look like stalwart conservatives just to win.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Relic

It's probably a done deal. Between Obama and Hillary they might very well have the goods on Trump. Doing it this way, everybody stays out of jail.

If Trump doesn't attack Hillary the way he attacked others, then that will confirm what I suspected, that this was part of the plan to get a fatally flawed Hillary elected. If he does attack her, well, that will just be fun.

Offline Just_Victor

"Build a wall," was always just a pacifier for the stupid.  Any dimwit with a bulldozer can defeat a wall.

Whatever we build, the border still has to be DEFENDED.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:23:59 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline truth_seeker

I certainly hope that Trump woos Hispanic voters. Most Hispanics are native born citizens, with the same concerns of the rest of our citizens. In California and Texas, the two most populous states, they comprise 37% of the population.

A great many of them are just as pissed about illegal immigration, weak economy, as anybody else. Last week in Costa Mesa, there were more Hispanic Trump supporters inside the venue, than the young Marxist inspired thugs outside waving their Mexican flags. 

Offline truth_seeker

Thanks. Just trying to call them as I see them.  I think I will treat myself to a nice long walk, and a nice meal out today. Wife is visiting her 89 yr. old mother (immigrant from Italy, age 20). A lot of Trump supporters in their family.

Offline kartographer

4. Vote for someone else.

5. You can spend election day huffing the stuff that Trump sprays on his hair.
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."