Author Topic: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race  (Read 67864 times)

Offline wolfcreek

Re: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race
« Reply #725 on: May 09, 2016, 09:03:37 pm »
The Democrat party used to support conservatives.  They didn't change; the party did.

Both parties changed over time then, they became similar.

Trump, as the nominee and eventual POTUS, would set the tone for the party [GOP] for the next four years. IMO, it won't be similar to the Democrats by then.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #726 on: May 09, 2016, 09:07:33 pm »
How does pointing ot legitimate issues with Trump automatically mean someone is "for" Hillary in your mind?

Idolatry and Ring Kissing over the Constitution and individual liberty?

Trump needs to show US why we should vote for him...what he will do to earn MY vote...not this silly "vote for Trump or else" mentality that has infected the Trumpidians.

[I wasn't speaking of specific issues]

And yes Trump obviously has something to prove to his deniers

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #727 on: May 09, 2016, 09:15:12 pm »
[I wasn't speaking of specific issues]

And yes Trump obviously has something to prove to his deniers

Deniers...*chuckle*...now not only are you supporting a candidate who is demonstrably Liberal...you're using the language of the Left to describe people opposed to him being the GOP nominee.

Why am I being reminded suddenly of the ending of Orwell's Animal Farm?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #728 on: May 09, 2016, 10:06:20 pm »
How will hold anyone's feet to the fire on anything? I know you trust Cruz, and yes he is less susceptible to "triangulating" but how would you hold his feet to the fire? Politicians all seem susceptible to this sort of thing.

Best thing to do would be to primary him out or don't vote for him next time. For me, for this one time, hey, give him a shot, maybe.

I'm not a committed Trump voter yet. I will have to see in November who I'm annoyed with more, the anti-Trump left or the pro-Trump right.

I'm just not #nevertrump right now and am will to see if he can get the support his supporters say he can.

In specific with Trump, with immigration, he'd essentially lose all support if he caved on immigration. Even the Freepers would turn on him.

With Cruz, he has a background that inspires some confidence that he will do what he says he will do.  With Trump there is a background that says the opposite, so we would need to be able to hold him accountable.  Darned if I can figure out how we would do that.

You said "Trump, with immigration, he'd essentially lose all support if he caved on immigration...", but one of his main attractions to the Trump people appears to be the idea that he doesn't care what people think.  He does what he's going to do regardless. 

Not picking on you; I was hoping you could point out something I had missed.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:09:11 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #729 on: May 09, 2016, 10:10:56 pm »

Trump, as the nominee and eventual POTUS, would set the tone for the party [GOP] for the next four years. IMO, it won't be similar to the Democrats by then.

You just slid right out from under the point you were using Reagan and Perry to illustrate.  You're not exactly establishing credibility that way.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #730 on: May 09, 2016, 10:16:48 pm »
WTF, sorry to jump on this, but I really want an answer and you just happened to be the most recent one who said this:  how will you/anyone hold Trump's feet to the fire on anything?  What is the method? 

Trump angers both sides of the permanent ruling class in DC. If he steps out of line the GOPe will wok with the Dems to Impeach him. Ironically, he may have to behave better than anybody or face removal.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #731 on: May 09, 2016, 10:21:59 pm »
..the GOPe will wok with the Dems to Impeach him...

Sort of a "frying pan to the fire" kinda thing?  (OK, I just couldn't help myself!   :thud:)

Actually, that's the first even halfway reasonable answer I've seen.  It would be incredibly difficult and I'm not sure the GOPe would get on board, but that's a reasonable answer.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #732 on: May 10, 2016, 12:51:38 pm »
Deniers...*chuckle*...now not only are you supporting a candidate who is demonstrably Liberal...you're using the language of the Left to describe people opposed to him being the GOP nominee.

Why am I being reminded suddenly of the ending of Orwell's Animal Farm?

LOL...haven't heard any Left-like remarks from the Donald haters.  :tongue2:

Let's quit disparaging our own and use that rhetoric against the real enemy here...Hillary R. Clinton

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #733 on: May 10, 2016, 12:55:29 pm »
You just slid right out from under the point you were using Reagan and Perry to illustrate.  You're not exactly establishing credibility that way.

We have a difference of opinion that might be irreparable.

Not sure what you think yours is going to accomplish other than getting Hillary elected.

Maybe you could expound.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #734 on: May 10, 2016, 01:14:28 pm »
We have a difference of opinion that might be irreparable.

Not sure what you think yours is going to accomplish other than getting Hillary elected.

Maybe you could expound.

Going by memory:

You or someone: wanted to know what DT had to do to win us over

Me: probably nothing because of, you know, his last 70 years,

You: well, Reagan and Perry were once democrats implying that DT could change,

Me: yes, they were conservative democrats at a time that that was allowed within the Dem party, so how does this apply to this situation?

You: 

Me: say what?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #735 on: May 10, 2016, 01:16:20 pm »
LOL...haven't heard any Left-like remarks from the Donald haters.

Neither have I.

Let's quit disparaging our own and use that rhetoric against the real enemy here...Hillary R. Clinton

Let's not.  Trump isn't one of us.  It's a long way to November.  He's NOT the nominee yet and there are still a lot of real legitimate concerns with Trump that need to be discussed.  I'm not into coronations.  And it's really sad when so-called Conservatives insist on having everyone bow down and kiss Trump's ring.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #736 on: May 10, 2016, 01:23:08 pm »
Neither have I.

Let's not.  Trump isn't one of us.  It's a long way to November.  He's NOT the nominee yet and there are still a lot of real legitimate concerns with Trump that need to be discussed.  I'm not into coronations.  And it's really sad when so-called Conservatives insist on having everyone bow down and kiss Trump's ring.

You haven't been listening or watching.

You are dreaming if you think there's going to be a magical nominee.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #737 on: May 10, 2016, 01:32:14 pm »
You haven't been listening or watching.

No I have been watching and listening.  If I hadn't...I'd be blindly supporting Trump no questions asked.

He's NOT A Republican and he's certainly nowhere near being Conservative.

You are dreaming if you think there's going to be a magical nominee.

I didn't even come close to implying anything like that and you know it.  So just stop. 

When did the edict go out that no one was allowed to question the nominee?  Since when are we not allowed to ask questions and discuss legitimate concerns we have about the person that might be at the top of the GOP ticket in a couple months and how he will effect this country as well as the party?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #738 on: May 10, 2016, 01:32:28 pm »

Both parties have been changing over time that is a given.  The DEMS have ensured their votes in a couple of different ways; keeping their electorate dependent on government (LBJ's Great Society), indoctrination in our schools and society, capitalizing on illegal immigration and minority groups, all under the premise of being politically correct.  The GOP on the other hand has continued to sway further to the left hoping to recapture and appeal to more voters. This move to the left and away from conservatism has been the demise and will be the eventual downfall of the party.  Trump has tapped into the GOP electorate by focusing on key conservative issues in order to win the nomination, but has already indicated his willingness to move to the left in order to capture more of the vote.  IMHO, this is why he will lose.  He cannot continue to change the core values of a party without consequences and certainly changing his stance on key issues will be detrimental.  To think that Trump will take the party anywhere close to the right is nothing more than a pipe dream and buying into his conservative illusion.  He will do and say whatever is needed to win period.  Once he achieves his goal, in this case POTUS, he will do whatever he wants.  That is who Trump is.  That is what he has clearly demonstrated in the past and that is what he is clearly demonstrating now.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #739 on: May 10, 2016, 03:50:59 pm »
Just heard Cruz interviewed.  He said that if he saw a path to win, he will be back in.

FWIW.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #740 on: May 10, 2016, 03:57:08 pm »
Just heard Cruz interviewed.  He said that if he saw a path to win, he will be back in.

FWIW.

It's up to the voters, as it always was. If you care, vote!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #741 on: May 10, 2016, 04:19:43 pm »
Both parties have been changing over time that is a given.  The DEMS have ensured their votes in a couple of different ways; keeping their electorate dependent on government (LBJ's Great Society), indoctrination in our schools and society, capitalizing on illegal immigration and minority groups, all under the premise of being politically correct.  The GOP on the other hand has continued to sway further to the left hoping to recapture and appeal to more voters. This move to the left and away from conservatism has been the demise and will be the eventual downfall of the party.  Trump has tapped into the GOP electorate by focusing on key conservative issues in order to win the nomination, but has already indicated his willingness to move to the left in order to capture more of the vote.  IMHO, this is why he will lose.  He cannot continue to change the core values of a party without consequences and certainly changing his stance on key issues will be detrimental.  To think that Trump will take the party anywhere close to the right is nothing more than a pipe dream and buying into his conservative illusion.  He will do and say whatever is needed to win period.  Once he achieves his goal, in this case POTUS, he will do whatever he wants.  That is who Trump is.  That is what he has clearly demonstrated in the past and that is what he is clearly demonstrating now.

Yep he's dishonest on even getting out.

Hes hoping the voters for Trump will not be so enthusiastic to vote for him now that there is no open competition and the $$$$neverTrump presstitutes have been working 24//7 to put out hit pieces lying about Trump since he suspended.  Problem is, Cruz's shadow campaign was exposed early enough to counter it and get the Trump vote out with the added Momentum of the presumptive Nominee.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #742 on: May 10, 2016, 04:43:03 pm »

Hes hoping the voters for Trump will not be so enthusiastic to vote for him now that there is no open competition and the $$$$neverTrump presstitutes have been working 24//7 to put out hit pieces lying about Trump since he suspended.  Problem is, Cruz's shadow campaign was exposed early enough to counter it and get the Trump vote out with the added Momentum of the presumptive Nominee.

How is that dishonest?  He suspended.  You interpret "getting out".  That's on you.

And, what "shadow campaign"?  You've been spending too much time over at Conservative Treehouse and TOS.

Oh, and you asked me a question earlier.  I answered it fully, even used bullets.  It would be nice of you to respond now.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #743 on: May 10, 2016, 06:55:03 pm »

How has this man managed to brainwash so many people? Thankfully 2/3 of Conservatives aren't susceptible to it, but he has cost us an election easily won by a Conservative giving us four more years of insanity.

"He's gonna build a YUGE wall!!!"  ****sheep****

Offline libertybele

« Reply #744 on: May 10, 2016, 07:10:20 pm »

My statement had absolutely nothing to do with Cruz and I was responding to Wolfcreek's post regarding how and why both parties have drastically changed over time.

Since you addressed me negatively about Cruz, I'll respond.  I can't believe your mentality... first Trumpsters were hounding Cruz to drop out and let Trump go unchallenged and now you're criticizing Cruz saying he was dishonest in dropping out.  What the heck are you smokin' these days pal?? LMAO.  He dropped out after he lost IN as he was mathematically eliminated and Trump was unstoppable ... again..Cruz stated that there was no clear path to victory.  He couldn't have made it any more clear. What the media does, the media does; certainly not Cruz's doing.  Cruz is back in the Senate.  He is no longer in the race.  Trump is our presumptive and soon to be nominee period.  So why are you still attacking Cruz and his supporters?  I am not obligated in any way to vote for Donald J. Trump just because he has an 'R' next to his name.  They guy is a complete buffoon with absolutely no clue.  He's going to loose and yes, I believe you are supporting a a neurotic, narcissistic imbecile who is going to hand the White House to Hillary.  Good job!! BTW  Don't blame me, I support Cruz.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #745 on: May 10, 2016, 08:19:22 pm »

FWIW.

He's keeping his delegates as leverage to make sure conservative principles remain part of the platform.