Author Topic: Trump: I Don't Need GOP Unity to Win, "I honestly don’t want their endorsement."  (Read 16320 times)

Offline ConstitutionRose

And that's largely because both Trump and a lot of his supporter have made it their mission to trash the GOP during this primary season.  Whatever new people they're claiming to be pulling in are not being pulled in as Republicans -- they're being pulled in as Trump supporters.

This could be an epic loss for the GOP in November if both major party candidates are running against the Republican Party.

Thank you thank you, thank you for naming where our focus should be.  Our primary for senators is delayed until June and we have an opportunity to replace an old RINO with a conservative.  If we can focus on the House and Senate we have the ability to counter the massive stupidity and damage  coming from the Executive.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Thats not true. Trump has listed two judges so far and is working on a List of ten.

Who are they?  I haven't seen or heard anything about his alleged picks other than he thinks his sister would make a great SCOTUS pick.

Donald Trump has a revealing interview over at Bloomberg with Mark Halperin and John Heilemann at Trump Tower. Trump answered questions ranging from taxing hedge-fund managers, his going after Jeb Bush and his being endorsed by David Duke, to how he thinks his sister, federal judge Maryanne Trump Barry, would make a “phenomenal” Supreme Court Justice.

Trump was asked for his Supreme Court picks and said, “I have a sister who’s on the court of appeals, and she’s fantastic.”

Halperin asks, “Would she be a good Supreme Court justice?”

“Oh, I think she’d be phenomenal, she’d be one of the best,” Trump said.

He went on to say that would have to be ruled out “at least temporarily,” but did not explain why she would have to be ruled out or why he might rule her out only temporarily.

Trump is pro-2nd. So you are baseless here.

Trump was in full support of the assault weapons ban until right before he decided to run.

It’s often argued that the American murder rate is high because guns are more available here than in other countries. After a tragedy like the massacre at Columbine High School, anyone could feel that it is too easy for Americans to get their hands on weapons. But nobody has a good solution. This is another issue where you see the extremes of the two existing major parties. Democrats want to confiscate all guns, which is a dumb idea because only the law-abiding citizens would turn in their guns and the bad guys would be the only ones left armed. The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions. I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within seventy-two hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/donald-trump-is-not-just-a-clown-hes-a-liberal-anti-gun-clown

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:21:57 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And yet somehow you miss the irony of your blind support for Trump when you posted that.

Ahhh...but see, I have MILLIONS of votes...3 million MORE than Romney had at this time in 2012, with which to gauge how large of a voting bloc Trump maintains.

'They' have bupt-kiss.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Three facts on Trump Judge picks:
1. Hes already listed two who are considered conservative by most and hated by the left.
2. Hes a decades long proponent of real free market economics. A wealth of Nations kind of leader. So his Picks would be able to protect his family's legacy after hes gone. That logically excludes the type of Judges Hillary would pick.
3. Hes a Nationalist, with a consistent decades long history on the issue. So his picks would likely be pro military. Again, the opposite of Hillary.

:wtf!:

Real Free market economics my A$$!  He wouldn't know a real free market principle if it hit him upside the head!

Tariffs and using the government to steal other people's property are NOT free market principles!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ahhh...but see, I have MILLIONS of votes...3 million MORE than Romney had at this time in 2012, with which to gauge how large of a voting bloc Trump maintains.

'They' have bupt-kiss.

You can keep trying but you are NEVER going to sell that clunker Trump the majority of the electorate!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mechanicos

Who are they?  I haven't seen or heard anything about hsi alleged picks other than he thinks his gun grabbing sister would make a great SCOTUS pick.

Trump was in full support of the assault weapons ban until right before he decided to run.

[removed obsolete agitprop]

I posted an article on here about the 2 judges he has already named. Expend the effort to learn about them.
As far as the 2nd. There are 2 issues Trump has openly admitted he has changed his mind on. 1. Abortion and 2 Guns.
Here is his Guns position after 911 and the Muslim terrorism changed the world.
http://www.guns.com/2015/09/18/donald-trump-commits-to-position-on-second-amendment/

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

:wtf!:

Real Free market economics my A$$!  He wouldn't know a real free market principle if it hit him upside the head!

Tariffs and using the government to steal other people's property are NOT free market principles!
Even Regan used Tariffs. Seriously you need to read the book the Wealth of Nations to get a clue on what is going on. The talking points from the globalists on this issue who were running Cruz's campaign are dishonest.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline ConstitutionRose

I am a risk taker. My judgment is that Trump has the best interests of the nation in mind, and he will do more good than harm. I know Hillary will do more harm, than good.

I think it will be far easier to tie Hillary in knots and reduce her effectiveness.  Even those who support her lack enthusiasm.  With her history you can keep her busy batting down scandals and trying to reconcile the elements in her party easily.  You'll need someone better than McConnell  though.

Trump will have the honeymoon period and then many of his supporters will hang in there for awhile and populism appeals to a lot of people. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline MACVSOG68

Glad you find it funny.  But one of the people at the top of Trump's list is his sister who is a Liberal gun grabber.

For all we know IF Trump were to get elected he'd go ahead and pick up Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland.

I certainly don't expect him to pick someone of the mental caliber of a Scalia.

I find head slaps without comment funny.  Your point is that Trump might pick someone other than the conservative he promised.  Absolutely.  But then again he might actually pick a strong conservative after listening to the advisors he claims he will have.  My point is with Hillary there is no question who she will put on the High Court, and there may well be as many as three vacancies during the next term.  Add to that the 80 plus lower court vacancies and Hillary would significantly change the makeup of the federal courts for the next one and a half generations.  And she has already said she will continue the Obama transformation. 

I don't care much for Trump on several levels, but for me, it's no contest.  I'm not sending any messages by enabling the crook to take the oath of office.  No third party candidate is ever going to be anything other than an also ran.  I will definitely vote for the GOP candidate. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Resp3

Perhaps The Hairpiece is right. He does not need the unity of the GOP. He certainly does not need (nor is he wanting or deserving of) conservative support.

He better hope that there will be enough crossover votes from Democrats to put him over the top.

But then - why not? Trump appeals to the masses of left leaning moderates in America.

Offline sinkspur

'They' have bupt-kiss.

All you need is another 50 million.  You won't get them.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Even Regan used Tariffs. Seriously you need to read the book the Wealth of Nations to get a clue on what is going on. The talking points from the globalists on this issue who were running Cruz's campaign are dishonest.

He used tariffs a couple times and that was it for the most part.  His was a  laissez-faire policy stance.

What talking points?  We have Trump's own words to show he wants to repeat the disaster of Herbert Hoover when it comes to picking trade fights.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ConstitutionRose

'They' have bupt-kiss.

That sounds like Obama"s "We won" reasoning to stick it to anyone who disagreed with him.

Offline Mechanicos

He used tariffs a couple times and that was it for the most part.  His was a  laissez-faire policy stance.

What talking points?  We have Trump's own words to show he wants to repeat the disaster of Herbert Hoover when it comes to picking trade fights.
I know of no legitimate economic professional who says we can continue as we have been going for much longer. We are facing an economic collapse and its directly related to the trade deals. So We cannot be worse off then 21trillion in debt, trillions in trade imbalances, dead GDP and no prospects for turning it around. TPP is the Death Blow to our economy.

Its better to force fair trade then an economic collapse. 

Offline sinkspur

I know of no legitimate economic professional who says we can continue as we have been going for much longer. We are facing an economic collapse and its directly related to the trade deals. So We cannot be worse off then 21trillion in debt, trillions in trade imbalances, dead GDP and no prospects for turning it around. TPP is the Death Blow to our economy.

Its better to force fair trade then an economic collapse.

I know of no reputable economic professional who believes that tariffs will do anything but set off a worldwide trade war, loss of US jobs and a depressed stock market.   We are facing no economic collapse; that's conspirazoid foolishness.

Do you know what a trade deficit is? I suspect not.

We will always have trade deficits with poorer countries.  Always.  We can buy more of their stuff than they can buy of our stuff because we are rich and they are poor.   And the stuff they do buy (airliners from Boeing) utilize our expertise in high end manufacturing.  And importing cheap goods gives lower middle class and lower class people a much higher standard of living than they would have otherwise.  So, Trump is proving himself to be nothing but an economic ignoramus on trade deficits.

You realize, don't you, that if Trump were successful in bringing back some assembly jobs to the US those jobs would be filled by robots, not high school-educated people longing for $30/hour positions.

But he won't, because if he imposes tariffs on China, those jobs will simply be moved to Singapore or Vietnam or India. 

Tariffs on India too? You do realize that the WTO (of which we are a part) would allow China and India and any country targeted by tariffs to retaliate with its full backing. 

Look up Smoot Hawley and the contribution punitive tariffs made to the Great Depresssion.

Offline libertybele

It's good that Trump feels he doesn't need GOP unity to win, because there is a growing list of prominent Republicans who will not vote for him.  Donny will lose and then he's going to say he lost because the GOP didn't treat him fairly.  What a buffoon.

-box/presidential-races/278141-republicans-who-vow-to-never-back-trump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mechanicos

I know of no reputable economic professional who believes that tariffs will do anything but set off a worldwide trade war, loss of US jobs and a depressed stock market.   We are facing no economic collapse; that's conspirazoid foolishness.

Do you know what a trade deficit is? I suspect not.

We will always have trade deficits with poorer countries.  Always.  We can buy more of their stuff than they can buy of our stuff because we are rich and they are poor.   And the stuff they do buy (airliners from Boeing) utilize our expertise in high end manufacturing.  And importing cheap goods gives lower middle class and lower class people a much higher standard of living than they would have otherwise.  So, Trump is proving himself to be nothing but an economic ignoramus on trade deficits.

You realize, don't you, that if Trump were successful in bringing back some assembly jobs to the US those jobs would be filled by robots, not high school-educated people longing for $30/hour positions.

But he won't, because if he imposes tariffs on China, those jobs will simply be moved to Singapore or Vietnam or India. 

Tariffs on India too? You do realize that the WTO (of which we are a part) would allow China and India and any country targeted by tariffs to retaliate with its full backing. 

Look up Smoot Hawley and the contribution punitive tariffs made to the Great Depresssion.
For most of Trump's presidency Robots would be replacing the illegals he deported...
And no, the cause of the Great Depression like all cyclic depressions was the central bank manipulating money. That's why legislation such as the Glass Segal Act was enacted limiting what the banks could do. To prevent a re-occurrence.

Offline sinkspur

For most of Trump's presidency Robots would be replacing the illegals he deported...
And no, the cause of the Great Depression like all cyclic depressions was the central bank manipulating money. That's why legislation such as the Glass Segal Act was enacted limiting what the banks could do. To prevent a re-occurrence.

So robots are going to be painting and roofing houses, pouring concrete, mowing lawns and sweeping warehouse floors?

Trump is not going to be deporting 11 million people. That's one of his policies he will abandon to gain favor with Hispanics.  He'll chuck the wall too.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

I think free trade is one of the only reasons we have kept inflation in check, relatively speaking of course, up until now.

Free trade benefits all workers, period.

Offline Mechanicos

Uh...how would that help anyone?

If robots could do what those illegals are doing more cheaply, they'd already be doing it.  So you're endorsing a move that would 1) increase costs of production, and 2) not employ more Americans.  I'm not saying I agree with your premises, but they're your premises.  And if you agree with them, then your position makes no sense.
Robots are here. Its only Union protectionism stopping them from being all over.
this video is old now but shows the state of the technology awhile back. ca only be more improved now:
http://www.chonday.com/Videos/cojeyjapa2

Offline sinkspur

Offline MACVSOG68

I think free trade is one of the only reasons we have kept inflation in check, relatively speaking of course, up until now.

Free trade benefits all workers, period.

Well...that and free money from the feds.  But I do agree with you.  Trade wars help no one, and I suspect Trump will pick up on that soon enough.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Mechanicos

I understand that.  I just don't get how we benefit by sending home illegals if they're going to be replaced by more expensive robots rather than American workers.
Hourly pay is the least of the expenses illegals foist on us.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
It's good that Trump feels he doesn't need GOP unity to win, because there is a growing list of prominent Republicans who will not vote for him.  Donny will lose and then he's going to say he lost because the GOP didn't treat him fairly.  What a buffoon.

-box/presidential-races/278141-republicans-who-vow-to-never-back-trump
Trump won't get the support of many Republicans and he won't get the support of the millions of dimocraps who crossed over in open primaries and will run back to vote for Hitlery in the general.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Awesome! Trump is the Dealmaker. He's made an offer that he doesn't need my vote.

I accept. The deal is made!

See how easy that was Donny?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:45:56 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.