Author Topic: Trump: I Don't Need GOP Unity to Win, "I honestly don’t want their endorsement."  (Read 16363 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
After the drek the RNC, ooops, "previous primary voters", have pushed our noses in, from GHWB, Dole, McCain, Romney and stated "VOTE OR DIE", this election has been all about the scales dropping from the voters eyes.  Trump is no worse than the Establishment choices of years past and if he does one thing, ONE THING, he has promised has surpassed the sum of previous Republican administrations going back to Reagan.
I wonder which pundit, which D.C. Establishment, which bureaucrat, which Washington insider hides behind the screen names of those who populate this forum.  I wonder why I smell the fear of dollars lost.  Why I smell the sulfur.
You obviously have better lives planned for your progeny than the futures you have planned for the "average American".
First off, it's good to see some old names back on the board and still around.

Second, I have long suspected a few of the names, not just on the not-Trump side but on his as well, are political operatives. Some of it reads just like canned campaign talking points.

Of course, that's the great thing about using my real name. You know who I am.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Bill Cipher

The names Trump floated so far SC are center-right to right.

Hillary will cause us to lose court for 30 years.  And the court makes the laws.

The argument in 2008 of 'let the other win and we will come back stronger in four years' has not worked out...

I loathe McCain and Romney was a disappointment, but both were good votes.

McCain was acceptable, if not desirable.  Romney was a good vote.  Trump is a vote too far. 

#NeverTrump

It's called "truthful hyperbole" and it's how Trump describes the lies he tells in negotiations to get what he wants.  Those center-right names were simply "truthful hyperbole" the truthful part being that he'll get to nominate people, the hyperbole part being that they'll be center-right.

#NeverTrump
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:19:48 pm by Bill Cipher »

Offline ScottinVA

Trump is detestable, but...

Damn, there IS no counterweight to that statement....    **nononono*

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
There comes a point where party loyalty such as this becomes the problem in this country. Blind fealty to the notion of "there are only two choices and one is always better than the other" is exactly how charlatans get to hijack the political process.

So go ahead. Snort and sneer at people who consider other options.

Oh the Trumpsters - sore winners all - will be having their gloatfest.  But in the end, all they'll get is President Clinton.   The rest of us have the opportunity to midwife the birth of a new party, much as Lincoln did,  from the ashes of an old one hijacked from its ideals.   Right now I'm looking seriously at the Libertarians - on the ballot in all fifty states - as the vehicle for defeating Trumpism and laying the foundation of a new home for lovers of liberty and American pluralism.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline ScottinVA

When asked why he ran as a Republican, his answer was, "Because I can win." Nothing at all about principles.

Similar to the response to queries as to why Trump supported Hillary's -- and other dems' - candidacies in the past:  "It was a business necessity."  Either he has core values beyond raking in big bucks.. or he doesn't.  And he doesn't.

Offline MACVSOG68

Oh the Trumpsters - sore winners all - will be having their gloatfest.  But in the end, all they'll get is President Clinton.   The rest of us have the opportunity to midwife the birth of a new party, much as Lincoln did,  from the ashes of an old one hijacked from its ideals.   Right now I'm looking seriously at the Libertarians - on the ballot in all fifty states - as the vehicle for defeating Trumpism and laying the foundation of a new home for lovers of liberty and American pluralism.

You and I both liked Kasich Jazzhead.  A couple of points.  There are already a host of political parties in the US covering every conceivable political view.  Why try the Reform Party route that failed miserably.  Second, looking at the makeup of the Trump support group, there are huge differences from strong conservative to moderates.  I doubt they could agree on a platform that would become the basis for a new political party anyway.  And I know that the Libertarian Party isn't is for many of them, especially those who are social conservatives, and those who see a place in the world for Western civilization that will likely have to be defended militarily in the future. 

But I can't tell anyone how to vote, only explain why Hillary must be defeated. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
After the drek the RNC, ooops, "previous primary voters", have pushed our noses in, from GHWB, Dole, McCain, Romney and stated "VOTE OR DIE", this election has been all about the scales dropping from the voters eyes.  Trump is no worse than the Establishment choices of years past and if he does one thing, ONE THING, he has promised has surpassed the sum of previous Republican administrations going back to Reagan.
I wonder which pundit, which D.C. Establishment, which bureaucrat, which Washington insider hides behind the screen names of those who populate this forum.  I wonder why I smell the fear of dollars lost.  Why I smell the sulfur.
You obviously have better lives planned for your progeny than the futures you have planned for the "average American".

Well said my friend.  And good to see you.

Full Disclosure...TRG (that's me)  is definitely NOT a "political operative" :)
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I wonder which pundit, which D.C. Establishment, which bureaucrat, which Washington insider hides behind the screen names of those who populate this forum. I wonder why I smell the fear of dollars lost.  Why I smell the sulfur.

Dollars lost?

The GOP is about to select a self-avowed politician bribing corporatist as its Presidential candidate.

Corporations and politicians are rejoicing.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

geronl

Every time I get on a plane I employ thousands of people.  We have no idea what he's really worth - other than the "truthful hyperbole" he feeds us - because, amongst other things, he still hasn't released those long-promised tax returns.  Just another promise he's promiscuously broken.

He is mortgaged to his eyeballs, his is a paper empire. His delusional claims of Trump Steaks and Trump Wines shows that the guy is nuts.

Offline Suppressed

There you have it, folks. He says he doesn't need our support. So if he gets the nomination and loses in November, it's not our fault. We were just listening to him when he said he didn't need us.

I didn't really need his permission to support Gary Johnson, but it's nice to have it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

A-Lert

How about this, Trump isn't a fascist but a damn significant percentage of his supporters are.

I even had the graphic of "Donald Trump driving and pointing a gun" at me last night on Twitter. And he does have a lot of white nationalist support.

He's got a lot of support from the military, law enforcement and religious leaders also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016

Offline HootOwl

Very true.
:0001:Take a few weeks to cool off.   think SCOTUS  If we don't have it  we will have nothing  no chance to even form a third party.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
:0001:Take a few weeks to cool off.   think SCOTUS  If we don't have it  we will have nothing  no chance to even form a third party.

Do you honestly think Trump will appoint another Thomas or Alito?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I fail to see how being a Republican obligates me in any way shape or form to support Trump.   As Trump himself said in an interview this week, quoted in this morning's WSJ:

This election isn't about the Republican Party, it's about me . . .  I'd rather have a unified Republican party, but I'm not sure that's as necessary to the voters, to see people getting along.   They are voting for a person, not a party.

That says it all, IMO.   The GOP is merely a vessel for Trump's personal, third party campaign.   He demands, and expects, no more loyalty from Republicans (or conservatives) than Pat Paulson did.   

The conservative movement and Trump have nothing in common,  and little to gain in pretending they are allies.   Trump's is a transient cult of personality, which will leave little in the way of a footprint after its Dear Leader is done and gone.     

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mechanicos

I have no reason to believe the polls.

I have no reason to believe the media.

I have no reason to believe somebody who, IMHO, has an over-inflated sense of their voting bloc, simply because most of his friends on the forum shares his POV.   Mitt Romney, anyone?

:thumbsup3:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I have no reason to believe somebody who, IMHO, has an over-inflated sense of their voting bloc, simply because most of his friends on the forum shares his POV.

And yet somehow you miss the irony of your blind support for Trump when you posted that.

Offline MACVSOG68

Do you honestly think Trump will appoint another Thomas or Alito?

I honestly know who Hillary would appoint and that's enough for me.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

:facepalm:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:59:02 pm by txradioguy »

Offline MACVSOG68

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I agree with you about Hillary and see not one thing that would lead me to believe Trumps nominees would be any different therefore I will vote for neither!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ConstitutionRose

This type of Trump statement is part of his overweening hubris.  It is a normal part of his demagogic campaign.  It plays well to the populist approach.  Trump is as narcissistic as Obama and even more disdainful than Obama towards Republicans and conservatives.

Well said.  Late response but I am trying to catch up on all these posts.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
:silly:

Glad you find it funny.  But one of the people at the top of Trump's list is his sister who is a Liberal gun grabber.

For all we know IF Trump were to get elected he'd go ahead and pick up Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland.

I certainly don't expect him to pick someone of the mental caliber of a Scalia.

Offline sinkspur

Hugo Trump

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

I agree with you about Hillary and see not one thing that would lead me to believe Trumps nominees would be any different therefore I will vote for neither!
Three facts on Trump Judge picks:
1. Hes already listed two who are considered conservative by most and hated by the left.
2. Hes a decades long proponent of real free market economics. A wealth of Nations kind of leader. So his Picks would be able to protect his family's legacy after hes gone. That logically excludes the type of Judges Hillary would pick.
3. Hes a Nationalist, with a consistent decades long history on the issue. So his picks would likely be pro military. Again, the opposite of Hillary.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Mechanicos

Glad you find it funny.  But one of the people at the top of Trump's list is his sister who is a Liberal gun grabber.

For all we know IF Trump were to get elected he'd go ahead and pick up Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland.

I certainly don't expect him to pick someone of the mental caliber of a Scalia.
Thats not true. Trump has listed two judges so far and is working on a List of ten. Trump is pro-2nd. So you are baseless here.