Author Topic: Trump: I Don't Need GOP Unity to Win, "I honestly don’t want their endorsement."  (Read 16279 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/GOP-Unity-Win-Trump/2016/04/30/id/726572/

by Sandy Fitzgerald
April 30, 2016

Once he got to the ballroom the GOP front-runner spoke more about his disinterest in healing the Republican Party than about California and the June 7 primary, reports The Times, and included mocking his rivals as "disgusting," dumb, and as losers.

But even though he seemed to be impatient about getting along with his critics, he predicted that "ideally" they would come together. He then said he thinks he'll win "even if we're not together. There are some people I honestly don’t want their endorsement.”

Trump  then turned to another point, saying "there should be and there has to be unity," and added, "Would I win, can I win without it? I think so."

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There you have it, folks. He says he doesn't need our support. So if he gets the nomination and loses in November, it's not our fault. We were just listening to him when he said he didn't need us.

Offline sinkspur

He's about to find out if he can win without GOP party unity and, in fact, with some of us working actively against him.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:04:19 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
And yet he has hired Paul Manafort, the ultimate GOPe insider/lobbyist to work the convention and has gone to DC to meet with GOPers like Ryan.
Principles matter. Words matter.

geronl

Trump has always been establishment, normally Dem establishment.

I hope he gets squished.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Jes' havin' a little fun:
Lincoln: I don't need Whig unity to win, "I honestly don't want their endorsement" ...  ;)

Who won in 1860?
Which party didn't exist afterwards?
(that ain't joshin'!)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Jes' havin' a little fun:
Lincoln: I don't need Whig unity to win, "I honestly don't want their endorsement" ...  ;)

Who won in 1860?
Which party didn't exist afterwards?
(that ain't joshin'!)
It wasn't the Whigs that Lincoln discarded. They were dead before Lincoln's first nomination. It was the entire Southern United States—and when he did win without even being on the ballot there, and the South picked up its ball and went its own way, what did Lincoln do?

Invade. Hence why we had the Civil War.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:33:13 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Offline kjam22

It wasn't the Whigs that Lincoln discarded. They were dead before Lincoln's first nomination. It was the entire Southern United States—and when he did win without even being on the ballot there, and the South picked up its ball and went its own way, what did Lincoln do?

Invade. Hence why we had the Civil War.

King Trumpy will never unite the republican party.   And he knows it.   in the end he'll pick a dem as his VP and try to win by pulling from the other side.   I'd bet $20 on it.....
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

A-Lert

There you have it, folks. He says. So if he gets the nomination and loses in November, it's not our fault. We were just listening to him when he said he didn't need us.

Where did Trump state, " he doesn't need our support"?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Where did Trump state, " he doesn't need our support"?
Go back to the article and read it over again.

If you can't find it, you're even more dense than I thought.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
King Trumpy will never unite the republican party.   And he knows it.   in the end he'll pick a dem as his VP and try to win by pulling from the other side.   I'd bet $20 on it.....
Wow, that's an interesting thought. Trump could well be that destructive to the Republic.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Very good!  He surely will not have mine! In fact, I  will actively wok against him!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

A-Lert

What you stated is NOT there, but you knew that. Why do you find it necessary to lie?

Bill Cipher

You have way underestimated the density; try neutron star dense.

Offline Mod1

Enough with the insults. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
What will that mean?  I mean, how do we actively work against him during the general?  I can't help but snarl at every mention of his name -- and Hillary's -- but....once in the general I think I'll try to just ignore the whole thing.  I'll have no horse in the race.

Simply means tha I  will actively work FOR Gary Johnson.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Bill Cipher

What will that mean?  I mean, how do we actively work against him during the general?  I can't help but snarl at every mention of his name -- and Hillary's -- but....once in the general I think I'll try to just ignore the whole thing.  I'll have no horse in the race.

Better for us to focus on saving what we can of the down-ticket candidates.  A Trump candidacy in the general is going to do just as much damage to them as it will to the presidency.

Bill Cipher

I know nothing of Gary Johnson.  Is he the libertarian?  I'm not voting libertarian.  I'll write in a vote.  Probably Cruz.

Write yourself in!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I know nothing of Gary Johnson.  Is he the libertarian?  I'm not voting libertarian.  I'll write in a vote.  Probably Cruz.

Yes. He will be the Libertarian nominee. He is a former Governor of New Mexico  and did a darn good job there.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

I lay you odds he will pick Sanders as his VP.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

A-Lert

Enough with the insults.

That's all he has.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Let's see if I have this straight.

Trump will unify, but he doesn't even need unity and there's a bunch of people he will not unify with.

Offline kjam22

I lay you odds he will pick Sanders as his VP.

I wrote a satire one time saying he had picked Mark Burnette  (producer of the apprentice)   It almost got me banned at FR.... but it was pretty funny.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Bill Cipher

Let's see if I have this straight.

Trump will unify, but he doesn't even need unity and there's a bunch of people he will not unify with.

Ahh, now you've gone and killed the Trump buzz with your rational thinking.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Ahh, now you've gone and killed the Trump buzz with your rational thinking.

I do not watch TV but listen to radio - Sirius XM - so I listen pretty carefully. Verbal incoherence kinda make me think, "What did I just hear? He's making a statement and contradicting it with his next breath.."

When I read his words  in writing, I'm thinking, "How would you even diagram that sentence?"

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:35:53 am by don-o »