Author Topic: Wasting the Warrior Culture: The Story of Frank  (Read 342 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Wasting the Warrior Culture: The Story of Frank
« on: May 01, 2016, 04:17:55 pm »
http://havokjournal.com/culture/recon-marine-wasting-warrior-culture/

In 2008 my Force Reconnaissance Platoon conducted a deliberate clear of a city called Shewan in the Farah Province of Afghanistan.  The city of Shewan was a Taliban safe haven used to plan and stage attacks on Coalition Forces and was home to several of the major insurgent leaders who commanded approximately 250 full time fighters. My platoon was tasked with supporting a deliberate clear of the city alongside elements of the rifle platoon that operated in that area. We were patrolling through the village when our platoon was ambushed by volleys of intense rocket propelled grenade and machine gun fire in the Farah Province of Afghanistan that destroyed two vehicles and trapped a squad of Marines in the kill zone.  Approximately 250 Taliban swarmed around our platoon as we fought at close range to repel the assault, regain the momentum and rescue the Marines in the kill zone.

One of my Marines, who I will call “Frank,” selflessly exposed himself to blistering enemy fire to search for targets with his MK 11 sniper rifle in order to alleviate pressure on the Marines in the kill zone. Frank was able to positively identify an enemy fire team moving through the trench to flank the Marines in the kill zone with three RPGs, an RPK and a PK machine gun. With no regard for his personal safety, Frank ignored the fire being directed at his position, controlled his breathing, relaxed, and began engaging targets.

Frank destroyed two RPG gunners with rounds to the head and another with a round to the sternum. In return, an enemy machine gunner targeted him with long barrages of machine gun fire that impacted within a foot of his position. Frank made corrections for wind and distance and killed him with a single round to the torso. At this point the RPK gunner attempted to break contact but Frank was able to strike him down with a round from his MK 11 before he reached cover, killing him with his second round.

Still under intense enemy small arms and machine gun fire, Frank observed enemy fighters reinforcing the trench line from compounds to the north, targeting his fellow Marines who were pinned down in the trench to his east. He engaged fourteen enemy combatants with fourteen rounds, wounding two, mortally wounding another eight and killing four outright.

Frank repeatedly exposed himself to heavy enemy fire with no regard for his personal well-being during a decisive point in the battle to effectively neutralize and destroy twenty one enemy combatants. He continued to engage and destroy enemy targets as our platoon surged forward in a vicious counter attack that drove the Taliban from the battlefield after inflicting over a hundred casualties on the enemy. He was later awarded the Silver Star for the exceptional heroism he displayed in this battle.

What a great story right?  Here is the punch line.  While most of you are probably wondering when this exceptional Marine will become Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps, you may be surprised to find out that he is being forced out of uniform. Frank has reached service limitations because he has been on active duty over ten years and the Marine Corps will not promote Frank to Staff Sergeant. Does that make any sense to anyone else? I certainly can’t make any sense of it.  I forgot to mention a small detail. Frank used to have a bit of a drinking problem.

(Excerpt)
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus