Author Topic: Boehner: Cruz is 'Lucifer in the flesh'  (Read 4616 times)

Offline LonestarDream

Re: Boehner: Cruz is 'Lucifer in the flesh'
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2016, 11:20:23 pm »
Its an interesting tautology.  (framework)

When Cruz is uniting the party behind him, he is an insider.

When he is taking on the establishment, nobody 'likes' him.

:pondering:

Trump has defended McConnell.  Boener and Gingrich have defended Trump.  Boener and Trump are texting buddies.  I think it's obvious who the insider is.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2016, 11:30:43 pm »
If John Boehner had had as much fire in his belly when talking about Obama, he'd still be speaker.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2016, 11:31:04 pm »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2016, 11:31:21 pm »
Trump has defended McConnell.  Boener and Gingrich have defended Trump.  Boener and Trump are texting buddies.  I think it's obvious who the insider is.
Well, yeah, it's been pretty obvious to me ever since he got into this race. He says he's not beholden to the Donor Class, but all along he has been a card-carrying MEMBER of that Donor Class.

Unfortunately a lot of his supporters no longer pay attention to Trump the Man, and are letting their (well-deserved) hatred of Hillary Clinton cloud their judgment to the point that all they see is Trump the Myth, or perhaps Trump the Legend.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2016, 11:56:05 pm »
If John Boehner had had as much fire in his belly when talking about Obama, he'd still be speaker.

Even half as much!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2016, 12:01:16 am »
Boehner acted all emotional when the Pope spoke and then, in the following week as one of Boehner's last acts, he helped pass that budget.

geronl

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2016, 12:08:15 am »
Boehner and Trump are both orange and they are golfing buddies.

Trump is as establishment as it gets

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2016, 12:11:07 am »
==================================

If you are an establishment republican (which you are), you supported John Boehner throughout his office as GOPe chairman (and you did).

Boehner, McConnell, McCain, Ryan, and their cloned elitist world club is what has destroyed this country.

No, Boehner was fired remember.  I want to say it............"Your Fired" we said because he was too liberal establishment.  He likes to play golf with Obama too.  Oh no, the establishment is Trump and this is proof.  Please do not say Trump is anti-establishment.  His good golfing friend is as establishment as it gets.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2016, 12:15:42 am »
Hi Sink

It has been 5 - 10 years since reading your posts on TOS.

How did your thinking evolve this way?

The primary season has over exaggerated many flaws from the candidates. 

We may need to start at the top of the decision tree.  What is so objectionable about Cruz or even Trump compared to Hillary!

Hillary has FIVE decades of corruption to overturn.  Its time to turn the page.

I vote FOR candidates on their own merits.    Trump has not given me a single reason to vote FOR him:  he's not a good human being, a decent human being, a respectful human being.  He has demonstrated a basic ignorance about our country, about the way our government works, about the way people in government have to work with each other.

Cruz is widely disliked.  He, like Trump, are out for themselves.  That's what the government shutdown was about.  Cruz didn't care what effect it would have on the rest of the party.  If it helped him and enhanced his resume, it was worth doing. 

I will vote for Cruz if he's the nominee because he's tolerable.  I will not vote for Trump or Hillary.   Ever.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2016, 12:37:18 am »
If Trump supporters are not bothered in the least about the worst of the D.C. establishment endorsing him, then they are either not anti-establishment at all – and just want their own bully in the white house for a change, or they truly are lemmings without any original thought. Kool-Aid drinking zombies.
I would like just one Trump supporter, to be honest and admit they would have rather not had  this Boehner endorsement, or even have Boehner endorse Cruz.   Anyone? 

And Christians that support Trump, particularly the Evangelicals. How do you feel about a fellow Christian being called Lucifer?    Someone here once compared Trump’s populist attraction to millions to what the antichrist will someday have when he enters the world stage – and you went all ballistic.  When the accusation is reversed you are as silent as mice.       
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2016, 02:47:34 am »
Cruz should have worked this into his comments when questioned about Boehner's insult.
From the article, "Cruz didn't stay with Boehner's case long". In the 90's that would be relatively early in Cruz's legal career and although the article does not bother to say whether Cruz was his only attorney or was a young member of the legal team. Its highly unlikely a single lawyer would handle such a case.

It was entirely possible Boehner never actually spoke with a Junior attorney on the legal team.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2016, 03:37:25 am »
Cool how you know his motives.  Funny how what he did aligns with what he promised voters he would do when he campaigned.  IOW, he kept his promises.  Funny also how all those others who are now against him PROMISED the same thing when they campaigned..  IMO, the evidence says that you are wrong about Cruz's motives.  In fact, just the opposite.  Those who where against the shutdown did it out of fear -- fear or plain old fashioned disagreement.  Either way, they lied to their supporters.  It is they who cared more for their continued grip on power in that they wanted to cave to Obama yet claim they fought him.  The obstacles to their scam were the few faithful representatives who actually kept their promises, like Cruz and Lee in the Senate and others in the House.

The endless smears on Cruz confirm the fact that those who have led the GOP for the past 8 years and longer have run it into the ground with their ineptness and they need to be replaced.  In any other business the leaders would be held responsible for failures and divisions.  The Party is in crisis and the leaders are to blame -- those in power and the support team around them.  A rebellion started with the Tea Party.  Rather than correct course, they dug in and took up arms against them.  Now the Tea Party may be all but gone, but the rebellion has only increased.  It has increased due to the arrogance and ineptness and flat out power grubbing sellouts of the leadership.  One could almost make the case that many of them are covertly working for the Democrats.  What else explains such extreme ineptness and unresponsiveness to the people, except when they are campaigning at which time they become great conservative pretenders.

Graham said Cruz could be murdered and no one would care.  Boehner calls him Lucifer.  They are the hateful extremists.  They are the grandstanding drama queens.    Cruz has stuck to issues and pushed for promised action.  He called McConnell on his lying only because McConnell had made specific pormises to Cruz and then did the opposite.  The Senate has 100 members elected by 50 states.  The division of power and influence cannot work as it is suppose to when the leader is a liar and a process cheat.

McConnell holds grudges like no other.  I am sure some of it is the fact that he is also holding a grudge over the primary challenger he had in 2014.  If he cannot handle the competition which is fundamental to our republic. then he should resign.  It is shameful that he carries a grudge against someone he should agree with if you actually listen to his campaign rhetoric.  Where is this anger and toughness against Obama and the rest of the left?

It is shameful.  If their egos give us Trump as the nominee I am going to stop being a Republican.

Well said!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2016, 04:35:02 am »
Boehner likes Trump, savages Cruz

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/28/boehner-likes-trump-savages-cruz.html

By Chris Stirewalt Published April 28, 2016

The Republican establishment is getting jiggy with the idea of nominating Donald Trump.

How jiggy? Former House Speaker John Boehner on Wednesday told a crowd at Stanford University that he was “texting buddies” with the celebrity businessman and would have no trouble voting for him in the fall.

According to the school’s student newspaper, Boehner “accepted Trump as the presumptive Republican nominee,” though he declined to endorse Trump’s specific policies.

As for the remaining obstacle to Trump’s takeover of the GOP, Boehner sounded rather Trump-like himself.

“Lucifer in the flesh,” the former speaker said of Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”

The remarks came on the same day that Cruz tapped Stanford alum Carly Fiorina as his running mate in a bid to stage a comeback win in Indiana for the chance to thwart Trump at the Republican National Convention in July.

The viciousness of Boehner’s attack is the clearest signal yet that the Republican establishment is falling in line behind Trump in a big way.

Trump is returning the favor. At a rally in Indianapolis on Wednesday, Trump included a defense of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and attacked Cruz for making the “top man” in the senate look bad.

The question for Cruz is whether he can still rally the party’s conservative base against the unexpected new partnership between Trump’s populist backers and the big business wing of the GOP.

The question for Trump is whether his initial supporters will stay with him in this new Boehnerized coalition.

Trump completes GOP break with Bush foreign policy - WSJ: “Striking a nationalistic and populist tone, Mr. Trump was unambiguous in saying he would demand that allies pay the U.S. part of the bill for defending them or else they would have to defend themselves. Many of Mr. Trump’s comments contrasted with recent Republican foreign policy. GOP leaders, led by such figures as Mr. [George W] Bush and Sen. John McCain (R., Ariz.), have often called for muscular U.S. engagement in the Middle East, Ukraine and elsewhere.”

Conservatives poised for another defeat - FiveThirtyEight suggests that Cruz is too conservative to defeat Trump, not just for the moderate/liberal wing of the GOP, but also for those who identify as “somewhat conservative.” This essential part of the GOP was carried by George W. Bush back in 2000 despite Sen. John McCain’s dominance with liberal Republicans.

Unbound Pennsylvania delegates wary - NYT: “…n the trench warfare fight for the Republican presidential nomination — the smaller, less understood delegate races that could prove far more pivotal to Mr. Trump’s campaign — the situation remains fluid. He appeared to have won about 40 of Pennsylvania’s 54 unbound delegates, along with another 17 awarded to him outright as the statewide winner. The remaining 14 delegates have either expressed no preference or said they would not vote for Mr. Trump.”

Fiorina waves off collusion talk - On “The Kelly File,” Carly Fiorina dismissed claims that there was something strange about a pro-Cruz super PAC giving her presidential campaign money last spring saying, “The last time I looked what Super PACs do, they’re not coordinating with candidates by law, and most super PACs give to a variety of like-minded candidates. I think there’s been no doubt to anyone who’s been watching this race for a long time that Ted Cruz and I are like-minded.”

[GOP delegate count: Trump 987; Cruz 562; Kasich 153 (1,237 needed to win)]

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2016, 01:32:26 pm »
Boehner likes Trump, savages Cruz

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/28/boehner-likes-trump-savages-cruz.html

By Chris Stirewalt Published April 28, 2016

The Republican establishment is getting jiggy with the idea of nominating Donald Trump.

How jiggy? Former House Speaker John Boehner on Wednesday told a crowd at Stanford University that he was “texting buddies” with the celebrity businessman and would have no trouble voting for him in the fall.

According to the school’s student newspaper, Boehner “accepted Trump as the presumptive Republican nominee,” though he declined to endorse Trump’s specific policies.

As for the remaining obstacle to Trump’s takeover of the GOP, Boehner sounded rather Trump-like himself.

“Lucifer in the flesh,” the former speaker said of Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”

The remarks came on the same day that Cruz tapped Stanford alum Carly Fiorina as his running mate in a bid to stage a comeback win in Indiana for the chance to thwart Trump at the Republican National Convention in July.

The viciousness of Boehner’s attack is the clearest signal yet that the Republican establishment is falling in line behind Trump in a big way.

Trump is returning the favor. At a rally in Indianapolis on Wednesday, Trump included a defense of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and attacked Cruz for making the “top man” in the senate look bad.

The question for Cruz is whether he can still rally the party’s conservative base against the unexpected new partnership between Trump’s populist backers and the big business wing of the GOP.

The question for Trump is whether his initial supporters will stay with him in this new Boehnerized coalition.

Trump completes GOP break with Bush foreign policy - WSJ: “Striking a nationalistic and populist tone, Mr. Trump was unambiguous in saying he would demand that allies pay the U.S. part of the bill for defending them or else they would have to defend themselves. Many of Mr. Trump’s comments contrasted with recent Republican foreign policy. GOP leaders, led by such figures as Mr. [George W] Bush and Sen. John McCain (R., Ariz.), have often called for muscular U.S. engagement in the Middle East, Ukraine and elsewhere.”

Conservatives poised for another defeat - FiveThirtyEight suggests that Cruz is too conservative to defeat Trump, not just for the moderate/liberal wing of the GOP, but also for those who identify as “somewhat conservative.” This essential part of the GOP was carried by George W. Bush back in 2000 despite Sen. John McCain’s dominance with liberal Republicans.

Unbound Pennsylvania delegates wary - NYT: “…n the trench warfare fight for the Republican presidential nomination — the smaller, less understood delegate races that could prove far more pivotal to Mr. Trump’s campaign — the situation remains fluid. He appeared to have won about 40 of Pennsylvania’s 54 unbound delegates, along with another 17 awarded to him outright as the statewide winner. The remaining 14 delegates have either expressed no preference or said they would not vote for Mr. Trump.”

Fiorina waves off collusion talk - On “The Kelly File,” Carly Fiorina dismissed claims that there was something strange about a pro-Cruz super PAC giving her presidential campaign money last spring saying, “The last time I looked what Super PACs do, they’re not coordinating with candidates by law, and most super PACs give to a variety of like-minded candidates. I think there’s been no doubt to anyone who’s been watching this race for a long time that Ted Cruz and I are like-minded.”

[GOP delegate count: Trump 987; Cruz 562; Kasich 153 (1,237 needed to win)]

That should tell all you Trumpets all you need to know! But it won't!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2016, 08:40:06 pm »

It was entirely possible Boehner never actually spoke with a Junior attorney on the legal team.
I think that is most likely the reality of the thing. Thanks.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2016, 08:50:33 pm »
Franklin Graham
6 hrs ·

Former Speaker of the House John Boehner shame on you! You had no business calling Ted Cruz “Lucifer in the flesh”—this is an embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to our nation. Then lowering yourself further by calling him a SOB? I’m not endorsing Cruz or any other candidate, but your verbal rant at Stanford is beneath the public office you were elected to hold.

The Bible warns us to watch our tongues, “The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body” (James 3:6).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2016, 09:24:21 pm »
Franklin Graham
6 hrs ·

Former Speaker of the House John Boehner shame on you! You had no business calling Ted Cruz “Lucifer in the flesh”—this is an embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to our nation. Then lowering yourself further by calling him a SOB? I’m not endorsing Cruz or any other candidate, but your verbal rant at Stanford is beneath the public office you were elected to hold.

The Bible warns us to watch our tongues, “The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body” (James 3:6).

Good for Franklin.  He's not afraid to call a spade a spade, and use Scripture as a corrective.

Boehner's "tongue" went out of control and what resulted was evil.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline outofsalt

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2016, 09:38:43 pm »
The abominable orange coalition will leave no insult unhurled.