Author Topic: Trump's fatal mistake on women  (Read 5369 times)

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Re: Trump's fatal mistake on women
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2016, 08:13:10 pm »
Well then I think counterarguments should be easy then. Calling her a hater is a bit hypocritical.

GOP females voted for Trump more than Crusich combined. 

That's the counter-argument.  Do you think Cruz is going to attract Democrat females if Trump can't?

Dumb article.  Then again, it's written by a liberal, so that's a bit obvious.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 05:15:12 am »
GOP females voted for Trump more than Crusich combined. 

That's the counter-argument.  Do you think Cruz is going to attract Democrat females if Trump can't?

Dumb article.  Then again, it's written by a liberal, so that's a bit obvious.

At amazingly low turnout rates. Analogous to the biggest kid in midget class.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 05:20:48 am »
This article is absurd. Donny Cheetos Face love them a bunch.....

1. “You know, it doesn’t really matter what they write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”

Our future president, who leads with Evangelicals, once said this sexist remark during an interview with Esquire in 1991. The real estate mogul explained that any heat from the media was outweighed by a “young and beautiful piece of ass.”

2. “You have to treat [women] like shit.”

According to a source at New York Magazine, Trump told a friend that you have to “treat [women] like shit,” seemingly to get what you want out of them. Charming fellow. 

3. "Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that?"

In September, Trump took aim at Republican opponent Carly Fiorina for “that face.”

“Can you imagine that, the face of our next president? I mean, she’s a woman, and I’m not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?” Trump blustered.

4.“If I told the real stories of my experiences with women, often seemingly very happily married and important women, this book would be a guaranteed best-seller”

In the real estate mogul’s book, Trump: the Art of the Comeback, Trump disgracefully bragged about sleeping with “happily married” women, as evidenced by the quote above.

In this same book, Trump boasted about another a married woman: “[She] started petting me in all different ways. I looked at her and asked, ‘Is everything all right?’ I didn’t want to make a scene in a ballroom full of five hundred VIPs. The amazing part about her was who she was – one of the biggest of the big. She then asked me to dance, and I accepted. While we were dancing she became very aggressive, and I said, ‘Look, we have a problem. Your husband is sitting at the table, and so is my wife.’ ‘Donald,’ she said, ‘I don’t care. I just don’t care. I have to have you and I have to have you now.’ I told her that I’d call her, but that she had to stop the behavior immediately….This is not infrequent, it happens all the time.”

5.“lood coming out of her wherever”

After Megyn Kelly took Trump to task during the first Republican presidential debate regarding his past sexist comments towards women, Trump fired back. Ironically, he "fired back" in the exact same manner that Kelly was calling him out for. The frontrunner implied that Kelly must have been menstruating for her to ask such “unfair” questions. 

Talking to CNN host Don Lemon, Trump lamented Kelly’s “treatment” of him by attacking her: “Certainly, I don’t have a lot of respect for Megyn Kelly. She’s a lightweight and y’know, she came out there reading her little script and trying to be tough and be sharp. And when you meet her you realize she’s not very tough and she’s not very sharp… She gets out there and she starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions, and you could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her … wherever.”

6. "A woman who is very flat-chested is very hard to be a 10."

Speaking of actress Nicollette Sheridan, Trump told Howard Stern back in 2005 that women, whom he apparently grades on a numeric scale based on their appearance, will have a hard time earning a “10” grade if they are “very flat-chested.”

7. “Nice tits, no brains.”

According to Buzzfeed, Mr. Trump said that his ex-wife, Marla Maples, whom he has a child with, has “nice tits” but “no brains.”

http://www.dailywire.com/news/4157/7-quotes-show-donald-trump-doesnt-women-amanda-prestigiacomo

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 05:33:38 am »
It's the polls versus anecdotal evidence of Trump's popularity.  Almost every poll shows him with huge net negatives overall, with women, Hispanics and other groups.  Yet his supporters say "every one of ______ I talk to like him".  Go figure.  And while polls during the silly season do move much more than issue based surveys, still, Trump hasn't made much if any headway looking toward a general election.  The only thing he's got going for him in November is Hillary is just as unpopular if not more so.  And depending on the timing of the FBI report, Trump could have Uncle Joe as his opponent.  I wouldn't put any money on Trump at that point.
Just home from rally at Costa Mesa. Was amazed at how many young people. How many Hispanic people. How many Asian people. Even blacks, in the OC. There were as usual in the OC, many beautiful women.

Trump is a man of boundless energy. He began his day at 7 am central, and finished at 9 pm pacific. 16 hours. He was on fire at the podium. Bay area tomorrow.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline washi

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 05:57:45 am »
Trump is very obviously and provably a chauvinist. The media is holding back for now, but will beat him relentlessly with that fact and many others should be win the nomination.

That said, he is absolutely right about Clinton. All she has is the woman card. She was a failed first lady, senator, and secretary of state. Even in her reply to Trump's pointing out her use of the woman card, she played the woman card over and over and over again.

If Trump's track record of getting away with pointing out the politically incorrect truth, where nobody else can get away with it, holds, he could damage Clinton in the general.

Enough to overcome the onslaught of despicable Trump quotes and actions that the media will unleash? Probably not. It will make for an interesting general election, though.
Any organization not explicitly conservative will turn liberal over time.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2016, 12:35:11 pm »
Just home from rally at Costa Mesa. Was amazed at how many young people. How many Hispanic people. How many Asian people. Even blacks, in the OC. There were as usual in the OC, many beautiful women.

Trump is a man of boundless energy. He began his day at 7 am central, and finished at 9 pm pacific. 16 hours. He was on fire at the podium. Bay area tomorrow.

I'll certainly cede the point to you that Trump is not a lazy guy.  And he has rallies the other candidates would kill for.  But is it a safe assumption that you believe he really doesn't have a problem overall and that all of the many polls showing his negatives don't reflect reality? 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2016, 05:07:52 pm »
I'll certainly cede the point to you that Trump is not a lazy guy.  And he has rallies the other candidates would kill for.  But is it a safe assumption that you believe he really doesn't have a problem overall and that all of the many polls showing his negatives don't reflect reality?

Standing in line to get in with two young guys, on probably Hispanic, they said Trump says what others want to say. People had signs with "Silent Majority" for Trump.

He might be moderating his national television remarks, but in the rally he went with what brought him there: started with family of people killed in America by illegal immigrants. That California is the state most impacted by illegal immigration. (... we have had more of it for longer, and it seems perhaps to others, that we have adjusted and accepted it)

The two latest polls show Trump tied with Hillary. I claim no ability to predict the future. I do personally believe he has the best chance to defeat a democrat (presumably Clinton).

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2016, 05:43:42 pm »
Trump is very obviously and provably a chauvinist. The media is holding back for now, but will beat him relentlessly with that fact and many others should be win the nomination.

Enough to overcome the onslaught of despicable Trump quotes and actions that the media will unleash? Probably not. It will make for an interesting general election, though.

I think once the primaries are over the media will do to Trump what Trump's been doing to his Republican adversaries.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2016, 05:47:42 pm »
I think once the primaries are over the media will do to Trump what Trump's been doing to his Republican adversaries.

They will unleash unshirted hell on him and he, being the complete narcissist that he is, will go completely off the rails over it and thus clear the field for Hillary!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2016, 05:55:35 pm »
Standing in line to get in with two young guys, on probably Hispanic, they said Trump says what others want to say. People had signs with "Silent Majority" for Trump.

He might be moderating his national television remarks, but in the rally he went with what brought him there: started with family of people killed in America by illegal immigrants. That California is the state most impacted by illegal immigration. (... we have had more of it for longer, and it seems perhaps to others, that we have adjusted and accepted it)

The two latest polls show Trump tied with Hillary. I claim no ability to predict the future. I do personally believe he has the best chance to defeat a democrat (presumably Clinton).

Well it's no secret I don't like either of the front-runners.  I was with Luis early on thinking Bush had it sewed up...until I saw him in the debates.  I guess it's easier for me to look at what hurts them in the GE, since I don't have a dog in that fight...yet.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2016, 05:58:59 pm »
They will unleash unshirted hell on him and he, being the complete narcissist that he is, will go completely off the rails over it and thus clear the field for Hillary!

Well, while I agree with you, the media will eat either of them alive.  It's going to be brutal.  Trump will consider Megan one of the kinder souls, while Cruz would think back fondly of his days answering questions before SCOTUS.   :laugh:

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2016, 06:00:43 pm »

I'm not so sure..I think he will give it back as good as he gets it...I think he thrives on confrontation.

As for women, as I mentioned in another  thread  he is a Alpha rich male and women will ignore his indiscretions just as in the SNL Tom Brady skit.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2016, 06:10:00 pm »
I'm not so sure..I think he will give it back as good as he gets it...I think he thrives on confrontation.

As for women, as I mentioned in another  thread  he is a Alpha rich male and women will ignore his indiscretions just as in the SNL Tom Brady skit.

I don't know mirraflake.  If I were a woman, that statement would send me through the ceiling.  The polls today certainly reflect that women voters are less than impressed by his Alpha rich male persona.  And if those polls change I would highly doubt it would be for those reasons.   :pondering:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2016, 01:42:26 am »
MAC wrote above:
"I'll certainly cede the point to you that Trump is not a lazy guy.  And he has rallies the other candidates would kill for.  But is it a safe assumption that you believe he really doesn't have a problem overall and that all of the many polls showing his negatives don't reflect reality?"

The polls, lately, have been shifting. The shifts are slight, but meaningful.
Not putting Mr. Trump into the lead.
But rather, "evening things up".

A few days ago, there was a poll showing Hillary ahead of Trump 46-43% (within the margin of error).

Today, Rasmussen shows the race tied at 38-38%:
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/trump_38_clinton_38

Can Trump win it?
I think that's certainly within the realm of possibility, and his chances are improving, albeit slowly.

Trump -might- lose to Hillary, but Cruz most certainly would. It would be deja vu all over again: Johnson v. Goldwater, 1964.

Aside:
I recall reading polls where Bernie Sanders would defeat BOTH Trump and Cruz more soundly than would Hillary. So what does that tell you?

And, just for fun:
Image from California today:

It's pics like this that are going to propel Mr. Trump into the White House...

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2016, 01:00:17 pm »
MAC wrote above:
"I'll certainly cede the point to you that Trump is not a lazy guy.  And he has rallies the other candidates would kill for.  But is it a safe assumption that you believe he really doesn't have a problem overall and that all of the many polls showing his negatives don't reflect reality?"

The polls, lately, have been shifting. The shifts are slight, but meaningful.
Not putting Mr. Trump into the lead.
But rather, "evening things up".

A few days ago, there was a poll showing Hillary ahead of Trump 46-43% (within the margin of error).

Today, Rasmussen shows the race tied at 38-38%:
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/trump_38_clinton_38

Can Trump win it?
I think that's certainly within the realm of possibility, and his chances are improving, albeit slowly.

Trump -might- lose to Hillary, but Cruz most certainly would. It would be deja vu all over again: Johnson v. Goldwater, 1964.

Aside:
I recall reading polls where Bernie Sanders would defeat BOTH Trump and Cruz more soundly than would Hillary. So what does that tell you?

It's pics like this that are going to propel Mr. Trump into the White House...

18 hours ago one poll showed Cruz with a double-digit lead in Indiana; a second poll 21 hours ago showed Trump with a nine point lead there.  Right now, I tend to give some credence to the RCP average of polls over the past month or two.  They clearly reflect two things:  Trump is going to take it on the first ballot, and he has a hell of a hill to climb against either Hillary or Sanders.  That will likely change in Trump's favor slightly after the convention, but anyone who believes he doesn't have a lot of damage control to do hasn't been totally paying attention.  I'm sure his team is staying up late at night working on that very problem.

And I agree, riots, pictures like the kid with the flag, all play into Trump's game.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2016, 01:25:44 pm »
I don't know mirraflake.  If I were a woman, that statement would send me through the ceiling.  The polls today certainly reflect that women voters are less than impressed by his Alpha rich male persona.  And if those polls change I would highly doubt it would be for those reasons.   :pondering:

Trump will lose badly with women, he will lose badly with Hispanics, he will lose badly with blacks and any Sander supporters who actually show up to vote in the GE.

Then there's the #NeverTrump contingent and the usual plethora of white liberals voting for anyone but a Republican.

I may be wrong, but I don't see where.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2016, 01:42:23 pm »
Trump will lose badly with women, he will lose badly with Hispanics, he will lose badly with blacks and any Sander supporters who actually show up to vote in the GE.

Then there's the #NeverTrump contingent and the usual plethora of white liberals voting for anyone but a Republican.

Yeah, if you're a Trump supporter you can't not see it.  One or two polls might be off, but not the entire universe of polls from every legitimate polling organization.  And they more than suggest he has serious problems with those groups.  He has to do more damage control than Japan did after the tsunami.  Unless he suddenly becomes someone other than himself, Trump's best hope is in the timing of Hillary's potential indictment.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2016, 03:15:10 pm »
Poor Ruthie another Trump hater.  Why do liberals attack Trump if he is one of them as the anti-Trumps allege?

You seem not to have noticed that the left, both in America and world-wide, brooks no dissent.  One can be a "liberal" (leftist) on every issue but one, and be vilified as "far-right" or "racist" or some other left-wing term of disapprobation for a single position.  Geert Wilders is a European leftist in every respect except his reasoned opposition to Muslim immigration and he is treated as the second coming of Hitler.  Trump has taken positions on, for instance, single-payer health-care and the current leftist enthusiasm for replacing physiological sex with self-declared "gender identity", that are solidly left-wing, but his opposition to unfettered illegal immigration is enough to have him tarred as a "racist" by the left.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2016, 03:26:01 pm »
You seem not to have noticed that the left, both in America and world-wide, brooks no dissent.  One can be a "liberal" (leftist) on every issue but one, and be vilified as "far-right" or "racist" or some other left-wing term of disapprobation for a single position.  Geert Wilders is a European leftist in every respect except his reasoned opposition to Muslim immigration and he is treated as the second coming of Hitler.  Trump has taken positions on, for instance, single-payer health-care and the current leftist enthusiasm for replacing physiological sex with self-declared "gender identity", that are solidly left-wing, but his opposition to unfettered illegal immigration is enough to have him tarred as a "racist" by the left.

Lot of truth to that.  Same on the right.  Rubio's efforts at negotiating a comprehensive immigration plan that included substantially increased border security as well as other measures most Republicans would love, resulted in him being labeled an amnesty loving open-borders liberal.   :shrug:

A-Lert

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2016, 07:43:29 pm »

In case you haven't noticed, conservatives who have endorsed Trump have been eviscerated right here on this conservative forum.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2016, 08:09:28 pm »
In case you haven't noticed, conservatives who have endorsed Trump have been eviscerated right here on this conservative forum.

Because they have endorsed a populist liberal candidate.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 08:10:29 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

A-Lert

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2016, 08:26:00 pm »
Because they have endorsed a populist liberal candidate.

Did the Republican party refuse or return the nearly half million dollars Trump contributed over the past decade?

HonestJohn

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2016, 08:30:46 pm »

Don't forget the Jewish and Muslim votes.  The Jewish and Hispanic votes can swing Florida, which is critical for any Republican win.  While the Muslim vote will affect Ohio.

And then there is the Asian voter, who had been trending Republican until 2012.  Trump's constant China and Japan bashing along with his comments about spreading nuclear weapons in the region are going to push yet another group into the open arms of the Democrat party.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2016, 08:37:06 pm »

The Republican embrace of Trump is a progressive's dream come true.  Trump is going to inflict long term damage, particularly with millennials, women, college graduates, and ethnic minorities.  There is just no getting around it.  A large chunk of his supporters are not fond of those groups, so they don't care.

A-Lert

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2016, 08:55:38 pm »
  A large chunk of his supporters are not fond of those groups, so they don't care.

:wtf: :bsflag: 8detect8