Author Topic: Cruz challenges Trump to pair of Indiana debates  (Read 488 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz challenges Trump to pair of Indiana debates
« on: April 25, 2016, 11:49:40 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/277596-cruz-challenges-trump-to-pair-of-indiana-debates

April 25, 2016, 07:22 pm
Cruz challenges Trump to pair of Indiana debates

By Jesse Byrnes

Getty

Ted Cruz is challenging Donald Trump to a pair of debates in Indiana this week, as he looks to knock off the GOP presidential front-runner there.

Cruz's campaign issued a statement Monday evening, saying the Texas senator had accepted two invitations to debate in Indianapolis this week in events hosted by WRTV and WIBC.

The Cruz campaign suggested Trump was "afraid" to debate in the state, where the businessman has led by single digits in several polls released this month.

"Donald Trump continues to cower in Trump Tower, afraid to defend his positions," the campaign said, arguing that Trump "has no answer" on how he'd carry out his campaign promises.

The push to pressure Trump comes a day after the campaigns of Cruz and John Kasich announced a joint effort in several key upcoming states to deny Trump the needed 1,237 delegates to clinch the nomination.

Cruz will have a clear path in Indiana, where he's the closest to Trump in polls; while his campaign announced it would stand down in Oregon and New Mexico, clearing the way for Kasich.

Trump characterized the Kasich-Cruz strategy as an "act of desperation" and argued Monday that the rivals' effort to deny him the necessary delegates "doesn't matter."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Cruz challenges Trump to pair of Indiana debates
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 11:54:26 pm »
Trump won't do it. He's a coward; he knows Cruz would kill him in a one-on-one.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 11:57:19 pm »
Will Cruz have his best pal Kasich standing next to him at the lectern since they apparently can't win on their own merits?

Desperation isn't a good look, Sneaky Ted. 
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline Wistful

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 11:57:44 pm »
I'm pleased to see the Cruz campaign doing this.

I sorry to see they've taken so long to latch on to what is Trump's major weakness. It suggests to me that the Cruz campaign is not really on the ball.

IMHO this is the best piece of weaponry they have in their armoury and they should have been using it long ago and they should use it much more often and they should use it much more powerfully.

Trump is caught two ways with this.

If he continuues to refuse to debate Cruz he can be called a coward. Yellow Donald. A suitable counter to Trump's "Lyin Ted" smear, and differing from Trump's smear because it has obvious substance where Trump's does not.

If Trump agrees to debate Cruz he will be decimated.

Either way, its a big win for the Cruz camp, and as I said, they need to go for it on this much more strongly.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 01:50:48 am »
I'm pleased to see the Cruz campaign doing this.

I sorry to see they've taken so long to latch on to what is Trump's major weakness. It suggests to me that the Cruz campaign is not really on the ball.

IMHO this is the best piece of weaponry they have in their armoury and they should have been using it long ago and they should use it much more often and they should use it much more powerfully.

Trump is caught two ways with this.

If he continuues to refuse to debate Cruz he can be called a coward. Yellow Donald. A suitable counter to Trump's "Lyin Ted" smear, and differing from Trump's smear because it has obvious substance where Trump's does not.

If Trump agrees to debate Cruz he will be decimated.

Either way, its a big win for the Cruz camp, and as I said, they need to go for it on this much more strongly.

Actually, Trump supporters will see it as Donny has already stated he's debated enough and Cruz is just treating him unfairly. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wistful

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 02:10:21 am »
Actually, Trump supporters will see it as Donny has already stated he's debated enough and Cruz is just treating him unfairly. 

Yes, I'm sure they will.

However Trump has never debated one on one with Cruz.

And to say that votes on Drudge and elsewhere signify Donald is a greater debater than Ted Cruz, who has recognized accomplishments in this area is nuts. Of course neither does this argument carry any weight with Trumpers.

Anyone with enough brain cells to be able to reason can see that Trump is scared to death of a debate with Cruz.

His supporters are just blowing smoke for his cowardice.