Author Topic: Kasich wants Ind. votes despite Cruz pact  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Kasich wants Ind. votes despite Cruz pact
« on: April 25, 2016, 07:13:15 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/277500-kasich-indiana-voters-ought-to-vote-for-me

Republican presidential candidate John Kasich on Monday said that Indiana’s voters should still back him, despite an alliance with Ted Cruz to clear the way for his presidential rival in the state's Republican primary.

“I’ve never told them not to vote for me,” he said at a diner in Philadelphia. "They ought to vote for me.

“I’m not out there campaigning and spending resources,” Kasich added. "I’m not going to spend resources in Indiana. [Cruz is] not going to spend resources in other places.

“So what? What’s the big deal? What’s wrong with that? I’m not campaigning in Indiana, and he’s not campaigning in those other states. That’s all.”

Cruz and Kasich on late Sunday announced a joint effort aimed at keeping Donald Trump from the GOP presidential nomination.

The pair’s strategy hinges on blocking Trump from getting the 1,237 delegates needed to avoid a contested Republican National Convention in July.

As part of the Indiana agreement, Cruz is making space for the governor in later voting contests in Oregon and New Mexico.

Kasich said on Monday that his partnership with Cruz is a necessity, pointing to his campaign’s resources.

“I don’t have, like, Daddy Warbucks behind me giving all this money,” he said. “I have to be careful about my resources.

“You ought to feel good about it. My campaign is like the people’s campaign. I have a campaign which has been outspent like 50 to 1.”

A top aide to Kasich’s campaign on Monday said that Indiana voters understand Kasich’s overall goal is keeping Hillary Clinton from the presidency.

“We’re not telling voters who to vote for in IN, only where we are going spend resources to ultimately defeat Hillary,” campaign strategist John Weaver tweeted of the Democratic presidential front-runner. “They get it.”

Trump leads Cruz, his closest challenger in Indiana, by just over 6 points before its primary on May 3, according to the latest RealClearPolitics average of polls.

He tops Cruz by 12 points nationwide.

---

Ego. This is why I don't trust him.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

Re: Kasich wants Ind. votes despite Cruz pact
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 07:23:59 pm »
After all the damage that Trump has done anything that stops him being the nominee is fine with me. Trumps boorish, vulger, lying. low character behavior has pretty much guaranteed that hillary, or whoever the Rat nominee is, will win. The demographics of the country already made it tough to win the POTUS. Now I want a nominee that minimizes the damage, so as many conservatives as can be are re-elected.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 07:31:30 pm »
These two loser dinguses Crusich can't even coordinate an alliance with each other when neither has a shot at 1237. 

Hey but Kasich's dad was mailman!
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 07:35:02 pm »
Apparently, there really isn't honor among thieves.   :laugh: 

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 07:41:28 pm »
Apparently, there really isn't honor among thieves.   :laugh: 

I'd expect no less from Lyin' Ted.  The man is only interested in "ruling the world," and has been since that creepy high school video of his.

Completely predictable.  Cruz supporters won't care, though.  Ted could pick Kasich as a running mate and they'd say it is politically practical, but if Trump did it's a liberal conspiracy!
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline ThePatriotFile

• #NEVERCLINTON
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 07:49:31 pm »
I saw that posted on twitter saying that letter was a hoax.   Will look and see if I can find further details.

Offline ThePatriotFile

• #NEVERCLINTON
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 08:12:59 pm »
1... This was sourced via twitter.....

Here is earliest image I could find of it, on twitter.

2.  It is not very well written.

3.  It states:

"However, his participation in the Indiana election tomorrow should bring us over the top against Donald Trump..."

The primary in Indiana is on Tuesday May 3rd, not tomorrow.  He would not call it an election or get the date wrong.

4.  This is how he has been ending his emails he sends out.  That letter is missing his signature and liberty is not capitalized in his email signature.

5. He starts his emails off personalized with your first name.  Not "Dear Supporters,"

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:49:07 pm by ThePatriotFile »

A-Lert

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 08:33:07 pm »
Looks like those "conservative principles" held so dear by the anti-Trumps have just been thoroughly trashed.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 09:23:33 pm »
But Indiana isn't tomorrow :shrug:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 09:35:15 pm »
But Indiana isn't tomorrow :shrug:

No, May 3rd.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 09:36:55 pm »
No, May 3rd.

I know, but the email says TOMORROW :silly:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 01:49:50 am »
That "alliance" seems to have lasted about as long as a palestinian "cease fire"....    ;)