Poll

IF DONALD TRUMP is our nominee, will you vote for him in the General?

YES! HE WAS CHOSEN AT THE CONVENTION
61 (36.1%)
NO! I WILL STAY HOME OR VOTE DOWN TICKET
68 (40.2%)
I WILL WRITE IN TED CRUZ!
37 (21.9%)
I WILL VOTE FOR HILLARY!
3 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 158

Voting closed: May 07, 2016, 04:02:57 am

Author Topic: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?  (Read 71351 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?
« Reply #400 on: June 22, 2016, 08:59:28 pm »

That is an absolutely despicable personal attack, wolfcreek.

You have NO right to call Luis a traitor.  That is disgusting.

@Luis Gonzalez
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 09:34:19 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #401 on: June 22, 2016, 09:05:10 pm »

@Luis Gonzalez

Read from it as you will.

It's a least one reason he hates trump.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 09:07:16 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline WAC

« Reply #402 on: June 22, 2016, 09:09:13 pm »
So eloquent.  Clearly you've prayed about this.  Thank you for sharing.

I'm at peace, but make no mistake if for some odd reason Cruz gets back in the game...I'm there faster than my own head would spin! LOLOL Stranger things have happened throughout this crazy election................

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #403 on: June 22, 2016, 09:23:01 pm »

@Luis Gonzalez

wolfcreek's post was blatantly racist.  I guess the moderators agreed, as it appears to have been disappeared.
Former Republican.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #404 on: June 22, 2016, 09:29:54 pm »

And apparently the reason you adore Trump?  He's a racist??

Despicable.

Despicable.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #405 on: June 22, 2016, 09:30:49 pm »
wolfcreek's post was blatantly racist.  I guess the moderators agreed, as it appears to have been disappeared.

I'm glad the mods agreed.

I didn't report it, but I should have......

Offline sitetest

« Reply #406 on: June 22, 2016, 09:32:38 pm »
I'm glad the mods agreed.

I didn't report it, but I should have......

In the short time I've been here, it is one of the most despicable posts I've seen.
Former Republican.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #407 on: June 22, 2016, 09:35:43 pm »
In the short time I've been here, it is one of the most despicable posts I've seen.

It may be the most despicable post I've ever read here, from anyone.

I've removed it from my quote of his post.  I don't want what he said to be seen since the Mods had the decency to remove it.

I'm ashamed.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #408 on: June 22, 2016, 09:39:43 pm »

And yet the Trump cabal are the first and the loudest to complain about 'personal attacks'.

Yet another example of how Trump's supporters engage in nothing but projection in order to stifle and silence any opposition to their prince.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WAC

« Reply #409 on: June 22, 2016, 09:40:02 pm »
I said nothing about not voting.  I am going to vote, and agree with your reasons for voting.

I am just not voting for either corrupt, unChristian candidate that the two major parties have put up.

I've heard the "King David" /"Saul" arguments for Trump, but the basic ingredient missing is that both men were repentant, and Donald Trump is proud of his sinfulness.

As a Christian, I will vote, but my conscience will not allow me to vote for evil.

God's will WILL be done, as it always is, and I have to stand before HIM with every decision I have made in this life.  The one thing I will not do is vote for a man who supports the murderous organization Planned Parenthood, and has claimed he is "completely pro choice."

You cannot bully OR guilt me into doing what my Christian principles will not allow me to do.

You can keep trying, but it won't work.

Well let's be fair here...I'm not trying to bully you or guilt. ..and certainly wasn't y intention.  I simply stated 'why' I've decided to vote Trump.

As for Trump being repentant........it took drastic measures for Saul/David and others to come to that point. It usually does for strong willed men..... I suspect it will be the same for Trump, he has many praying for him and certainly never in his life had so many powerful and influential Christian men surrounding him, and he is certainly being influenced in the direction of heart we'd hope he would go.......but it is not a requirement for President.

Trump does 'not support abortion' he wants to leave planned parenthood as it is for now, I suspect he'll want to find a way to rid the organization of performing abortions and the sale of baby parts.

Concerning not voting for someone so evil....yes of course you must do as you think is right. I do not see voting for Trump as voting for evil, rather I'm voting for a President to run this country .......

So with this I leave your company and trust to the one we serve first.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #410 on: June 22, 2016, 09:41:03 pm »

I've removed it from my quote of his post.  I don't want what he said to be seen since the Mods had the decency to remove it.

I'm ashamed.

Unfortunately,  I saw it.  The more wolfcreek opens his yap, the more I'm convinced that Trump's supporters are pure poison and I must oppose Trump on that basis alone.

I'd rather endure Hillary as President than support the candidate of the alt-right.   

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 02:04:56 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sitetest

« Reply #411 on: June 22, 2016, 09:41:38 pm »

I'm ashamed.

I think you should have left your quote of the post, so people would understand the evil.

You're not the party who should be ashamed.
Former Republican.

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #412 on: June 22, 2016, 09:44:53 pm »
I'm at peace, but make no mistake if for some odd reason Cruz gets back in the game...I'm there faster than my own head would spin! LOLOL Stranger things have happened throughout this crazy election................

At least it's NEVER boring!  AND, its bringing MORE people into the conversation about voting.  It's a right that too many people ignore.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 09:45:43 pm by oldmomster »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #413 on: June 22, 2016, 10:03:19 pm »
Well let's be fair here...I'm not trying to bully you or guilt. ..and certainly wasn't y intention.  I simply stated 'why' I've decided to vote Trump.

As for Trump being repentant........it took drastic measures for Saul/David and others to come to that point. It usually does for strong willed men..... I suspect it will be the same for Trump, he has many praying for him and certainly never in his life had so many powerful and influential Christian men surrounding him, and he is certainly being influenced in the direction of heart we'd hope he would go.......but it is not a requirement for President.

Trump does 'not support abortion' he wants to leave planned parenthood as it is for now, I suspect he'll want to find a way to rid the organization of performing abortions and the sale of baby parts.

Concerning not voting for someone so evil....yes of course you must do as you think is right. I do not see voting for Trump as voting for evil, rather I'm voting for a President to run this country .......

So with this I leave your company and trust to the one we serve first.

It is not a requirement for a President to be a Christian, but it IS a requirement that a President have values other than his own whims and urges.  Character is something that we have always said was important in a President, and now people supporting Trump are willing to throw the concept of integrity out the window.

It doesn't work that way.

As for abortion, I'm not sure that you have done your homework, or listened to Trump when he's speaking about the subject.  He's clearly never thought about what it means to be pro-life in his life, and has stated outright that he is "completely pro-choice."  Even after the information came out that PP was selling body parts, he publicly supported them fully.

He IS pro-abortion.  Your "suspicions" of what he will do are not based on a single fact about his views.

As I have said before, God's will IS going to be done.  But I can't help but believe that God has left America to its own evil choices by allowing Barack Obama to win two terms, and by now allowing us to have only two evil choices (in the two major parties).

Donald Trump is the logical extension of the choices America made with Barack Obama, and we are sinking even further into the abyss.

If Trump is elected, we don't recover.  If I didn't have the Lord right now, I would be in despair.

My HOPE is in Christ alone.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #414 on: June 22, 2016, 10:06:00 pm »
Unfortunately,  I saw it.  The more wolfcreek opens his yap, the most I'm convinced that Trump's supporters are pure poison and I must oppose Trump on that basis alone.

I'd rather endure Hillary as President than support the candidate of the alt-right.   

I don't think wolfcreek can be described as "alt-right."  There's nothing "right" about being vile.

But you are right that the more he talks, the more he indicts himself, and the more sense it makes that he ardently supports a cretin for President.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #415 on: June 22, 2016, 10:08:54 pm »
I think you should have left your quote of the post, so people would understand the evil.

You're not the party who should be ashamed.

Perhaps I should have left it, but it defiled this thread.

And, you are right that I'm not the one who should be ashamed, but I am very proud of this forum; that it is made up of reasonable, decent people, and when I see overt, ugly racism from one of "our own," I am embarrassed for the majority of people here who would never make such a vile personal attack against an upstanding member of TBR.

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #416 on: June 22, 2016, 10:29:11 pm »
No, they're talking about working within the rules and not voting for DT.

Well, they're calling it a rules change:  http://wyso.org/post/republicans-attempt-change-rules-national-convention#stream/0

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #417 on: June 22, 2016, 11:21:01 pm »
Perhaps I should have left it, but it defiled this thread.

And, you are right that I'm not the one who should be ashamed, but I am very proud of this forum; that it is made up of reasonable, decent people, and when I see overt, ugly racism from one of "our own," I am embarrassed for the majority of people here who would never make such a vile personal attack against an upstanding member of TBR.

I missed it.  What was the highlight  or should I say lowlight of his garbage?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #418 on: June 23, 2016, 12:04:33 am »
I missed it.  What was the highlight  or should I say lowlight of his garbage?

Calling Luis Gonzalez a traitor because he is "pro amnesty" (he's not), and because of his Hispanic last name.

There was no room for "interpretation."  It was an outright racist personal attack.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #419 on: June 23, 2016, 01:38:38 am »
Was I talking to you, Luis?

You forget his brother was the Governor of Texas. If I knew what I know now about that family, no, I wouldn't have voted for him.

I suspect Jeb is kowtowed into the amnesty by that little Mexican woman he married.

Post deleted by Mod1.  @sneakypete leave the vulgarity on your keyboard.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:54:24 am by Mod1 »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #420 on: June 23, 2016, 01:57:45 am »
[quote author=musiclady link=topic=203243.msg938996#msg938996 date=1466640
Calling Luis Gonzalez a traitor because he is "pro amnesty" (he's not), and because of his Hispanic last name.

There was no room for "interpretation."  It was an outright racist personal attack.
[/quote]

That's not racist,it's the REALITY in many cases. Mostly due to the efforts of the Communist Party through their agents in the Dim Party. They have been at that since the 20's. You keep telling poor people over and over that the only reason they are poor is because "the rich white man is holding them down and stealing all the wealth",and after a few generations,it becomes accepted as truth. The Communists/Dims did this to drive a wedge between various groups of American in order to gain power for themselves and to destroy our way of life.

However it is NOT the reality in the case of Luis. I have been reading his posts for years,maybe even decades,and I don't recall him ever posting anything even remotely indicating he considers himself to be anything other than an American.  Yes,his last name is a Cuban name,but that doesn't mean HE is a Cuban. His ancestors were Cuban. Big freaking deal. We all have ancestors from all over the world.

And for the few of you (not YOU musiclady) with short attention spans,there is no such race or religious faith as American. Americans come in all sorts of shapes,sizes,colors,religious beliefs,and BOUND to piss off some here,even sexual orientations.

The only Litmus test is the answer to the question "Do you consider yourself to be an American above all other traits you may have?"

BTW,note to the Mods. Anytime you just blindly delete stuff like that instead of let it stand and be judged,you are doing nothing when it comes to defeating it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #421 on: June 23, 2016, 02:02:12 am »
Thanks for standing up for Luis, pete.   He is truly an American, and calling him a traitor was below the belt.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #422 on: June 23, 2016, 02:04:02 am »
You need an undecided column in that poll.  I'm undecided...leaning not voting for Trump but voting down ticket.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #423 on: June 23, 2016, 11:35:04 am »
And apparently the reason you adore Trump?  He's a racist??

Despicable.

Despicable.

It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with allegiance and sovereignty.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #424 on: June 23, 2016, 11:39:54 am »
And yet the Trump cabal are the first and the loudest to complain about 'personal attacks'.

Yet another example of how Trump's supporters engage in nothing but projection in order to stifle and silence any opposition to their prince.

America has spoken. Trump won. Any opposition only helps Hillary.

There's your sign.