Poll

IF DONALD TRUMP is our nominee, will you vote for him in the General?

YES! HE WAS CHOSEN AT THE CONVENTION
61 (36.1%)
NO! I WILL STAY HOME OR VOTE DOWN TICKET
68 (40.2%)
I WILL WRITE IN TED CRUZ!
37 (21.9%)
I WILL VOTE FOR HILLARY!
3 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 158

Voting closed: May 07, 2016, 04:02:57 am

Author Topic: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?  (Read 71375 times)

Offline oldmomster

Re: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?
« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2016, 07:16:30 pm »
If Hillary wins we have a chance of getting conservatives in congress to stop her agenda. 

I see the hope in the statement,  but the obamunist had two terms and they had both houses of congress for the second.  they did NOTHING.  not only that, this last omnibus bill gave dems more than they asked for.  Somehow, I don't trust them to fight hillary.

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #351 on: June 20, 2016, 07:22:05 pm »
I see the hope in the statement,  but the obamunist had two terms and they had both houses of congress for the second.  they did NOTHING.  not only that, this last omnibus bill gave dems more than they asked for.  Somehow, I don't trust them to fight hillary.

True that's the dilemma we are in.  Do we vote for Trump and go left and pray he makes some good decisions.  Or do we vote Libertarian and pray congress can keep Hillary in check?  Both are bad choices.  But when faced with the lessor of two evils...choose neither.

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #352 on: June 20, 2016, 07:28:32 pm »
True that's the dilemma we are in.  Do we vote for Trump and go left and pray he makes some good decisions.  Or do we vote Libertarian and pray congress can keep Hillary in check?  Both are bad choices.  But when faced with the lessor of two evils...choose neither.

then we will agree to disagree.

I have to admit that I have a visceral hatred for the Benghazi Bitch Hillary Clinton.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #353 on: June 20, 2016, 07:38:37 pm »
then we will agree to disagree.

I have to admit that I have a visceral hatred for the Benghazi Bitch Hillary Clinton.

Unfortunately your hate for Hillary isn't shared by many here. I still don't understand why.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #354 on: June 20, 2016, 07:45:15 pm »
Unfortunately your hate for Hillary isn't shared by many here. I still don't understand why.

Wolfcreek, that is simply untrue.  You know better. 

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #355 on: June 20, 2016, 07:52:54 pm »

Come on over to TCG for friendly conversation  :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #356 on: June 20, 2016, 07:55:29 pm »
[quote author=Luis Gonzalez link=topic=203243msg934761#msg934761 date=146639609

>> I'd rather be dead wrong than right, because if I am right, if trump loses to Clinton and takes our Congressinal majorities down with him, or if he wins and he is as bad a President as I believe he would be, he will be the catalyst  for the destruction of effective right-wing politics in the U.S. for quite a long time.

[/quote]

Cheer up,Luis! The right -wing was effectively destroyed in this country after the actual Republicans took congress away from the Dims for the 1st time in 40 years,and then allowed life-long elected Dims from leftist states to switch parties and take over control of what is today,the alleged Republican Party; Ever since then it has been a race between the DNC and the RNC to see who can go the furthest life in the shortest time.

I see a defeat of Trump after he defeated all the fake and semi-fake "conservative" Republicans as a possible first big step to the long-overdue destruction of the today's alleged Republican Party,and the formation of a new actual conservative party that has sense enough to refuse to allow the movers and shakers from the RNC to join as anything other than voting members.

It is a FACT that EVERY time an actual conservative political runs for the WH,they win,and they usually win big. We keep forgetting that in these days of both major political parties being controlled by leftists/globalists. /size]
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #357 on: June 20, 2016, 07:59:19 pm »
w

People who support Trump have moved on. If you want to be politically relevant,  I suggest you do the same.

Ahhh,yes! The old "join the winning party and you too can be a winner!" argument! Never mind that in "winning" you are moving one step closer to the destruction of America as a free and independent nation,YOU ARE ON THE WINNING SIDE!"

No thanks. Bring on the revolution.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #358 on: June 20, 2016, 08:03:07 pm »
Well the issue is if Trump wins who will be the party to push us to the right?  If Hillary wins we have a chance of getting conservatives in congress to stop her agenda.  If Trump wins we get more liberals in congress and he'll pass their agenda.

How do we wind up with conservatives in congress if Hillary wins but liberals there if Trump wins? 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #359 on: June 20, 2016, 08:05:35 pm »

It's a matter of which individual you prefer being in charge of violating the Constitution.

Trump exists in a world where there isn't a Congress or a Constitution. Where his will is all that matters and his experts will make those things he wants to happen, happen, and while I agree that a Hillary Presidency would be bad news, I can't even begin to make the argument that a Trump Imperial Presidency would be less bad.

Luis,what it really boils down to is that if you vote for either you have no right to call yourself a conservative because they are just different versions of the same globalist dictator. It's like having a choice of voting for Hitler or Stalin. Regardless of who wins,you ain't going to like it if you like living in a free country.

What it amounts to is you can choose to vote for whichever globalist you find the least offensive and be a "winner",or you can vote for neither and by voting for neither you have shown the powers that be that you have in effect voted to  be an American.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 08:09:25 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #360 on: June 20, 2016, 08:11:11 pm »
Typical Trump supporter.

Bigot follows a bigot.

Amnesty has not even entered into this equation, but you saw my last name and made the typically bigoted assumption.

Why don't you address the substance of the post instead of engaging in a Trump tactic?

Because you can't, and you can't because you lack the intellect to do it.

BINGO!

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #361 on: June 20, 2016, 08:13:07 pm »

Our love for our country is greater.  If everyone voted Libertarian we could defeat Hillary and give us our freedom back!  So get on the Libertarian train and vote to defeat both evils.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #362 on: June 20, 2016, 08:15:25 pm »

Ahhhh,but what you are overlooking is they love the power of being in office more than the Pope loves Jesus,and when/if they see the traditional conservative voters that usually can be counted on to follow the "vote for the lesser of two evils" Pied Piper desert them by a huge margin,they will start to get scared and then they will start to pay more attention to the voters than the lobbyists and other handlers in DC. After all,if you don't have a seat at the table you can collect any of the under the table money.

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #363 on: June 20, 2016, 08:17:42 pm »
How do we wind up with conservatives in congress if Hillary wins but liberals there if Trump wins?

Almost always the party of the President loses seats in congress (unless it's a war or some extreme issue that the nation rallies around the flag).

But if we all vote libertarian then I'm not sure who will take over congress...let's try it.  It can't be worse then the other two options.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #364 on: June 20, 2016, 08:20:28 pm »
Ahhh,yes! The old "join the winning party and you too can be a winner!" argument! Never mind that in "winning" you are moving one step closer to the destruction of America as a free and independent nation,YOU ARE ON THE WINNING SIDE!"

No thanks. Bring on the revolution.

No matter who wins, there will be some sort of revolution. In Hillary's case, a violent one, IMO.

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #365 on: June 20, 2016, 08:25:26 pm »
No matter who wins, there will be some sort of revolution. In Hillary's case, a violent one, IMO.

There will be no revolution--especially if Hillary wins. We have a long way to go before we see that.  We'll need to get more like Venezuela and have that for several years before people wake up and realize they don't have freedom and the gov't has no more money to give free things to people to vote for them.  Until that happens we are stuck in a death spiral.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #366 on: June 20, 2016, 08:56:26 pm »
There will be no revolution--especially if Hillary wins. We have a long way to go before we see that.  We'll need to get more like Venezuela and have that for several years before people wake up and realize they don't have freedom and the gov't has no more money to give free things to people to vote for them.  Until that happens we are stuck in a death spiral.

Don't worry. Unless we break the stranglehold the globalist DNC and RNC have on our nation,we will be like Venezuela within 10 years. Maybe sooner because both keep importing more 3rd worlders in and giving them "Free stuff" for coming.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #367 on: June 20, 2016, 09:07:44 pm »
Don't worry. Unless we break the stranglehold the globalist DNC and RNC have on our nation,we will be like Venezuela within 10 years. Maybe sooner because both keep importing more 3rd worlders in and giving them "Free stuff" for coming.

And terrorists...or is that the same thing?  :pondering:

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #368 on: June 20, 2016, 09:24:49 pm »

No they get free stuff for voting.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #369 on: June 20, 2016, 09:40:08 pm »
And terrorists...or is that the same thing?  :pondering:

No,but some of the 3rd worlders we are letting in are terrorists. Most are just parasites here for the "free stuff",though.

Online Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #370 on: June 21, 2016, 03:03:59 am »
Tell me you weren't a Jeb voter.

BTW: I need to see some sources before I comment on your accusations against Trump.

Yes, I was a Jeb voter.

Because as Governor of my State he reduced taxes by $19 billion.

Because as Governor of my State he reduced the size of government by more than 10% via privatization of government jobs.

Because as Governor of my State he defeated the teacher's unions and made Florida the first State to offer parents school choice.

Because as Governor of my State he brought the State's unemployment down to below 4%.

Because as Governor of my State our economy grew by 7.2 percent, on average, while the U.S. grew by 5 percent during the same period.

Because as Governor of my State the state went from having $1.3 billion to $9.8 billion in cash reserves.

Because as Governor of my State Florida became the first state to have "choose life" license plates during Bush's tenure, and the fees helped pregnant women.

Because as Governor of my State he ended the practice of Affirmative Action for State workers, State contractors and college admissions.

Because as Governor of my State he received an A+ rating from the NRA.

Maybe to you, there's only one issue that matters, but's makes you myopic, not right.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #371 on: June 21, 2016, 04:32:23 am »
Yes, I was a Jeb voter.

Because as Governor of my State he reduced taxes by $19 billion.

Because as Governor of my State he reduced the size of government by more than 10% via privatization of government jobs.

Because as Governor of my State he defeated the teacher's unions and made Florida the first State to offer parents school choice.

Because as Governor of my State he brought the State's unemployment down to below 4%.

Because as Governor of my State our economy grew by 7.2 percent, on average, while the U.S. grew by 5 percent during the same period.

Because as Governor of my State the state went from having $1.3 billion to $9.8 billion in cash reserves.

Because as Governor of my State Florida became the first state to have "choose life" license plates during Bush's tenure, and the fees helped pregnant women.

Because as Governor of my State he ended the practice of Affirmative Action for State workers, State contractors and college admissions.

Because as Governor of my State he received an A+ rating from the NRA.

Maybe to you, there's only one issue that matters, but's makes you myopic, not right.

All well and good, but what did he do to stop the migration of liberal democrats from the northeast? They are now swelling in strength to dilute the conservative population and turn Florida into another Colorado of the east.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #372 on: June 21, 2016, 04:53:32 am »
All well and good, but what did he do to stop the migration of liberal democrats from the northeast? They are now swelling in strength to dilute the conservative population and turn Florida into another Colorado of the east.

That's a joke, right?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #373 on: June 21, 2016, 12:29:47 pm »
That's a joke, right?

Well, sorta. Florida is becoming the liberal bastion of the southeast with all of the New Englanders moving there. Just like Californians migrating to Colorado, New Yorkers (like Trump) are escaping the high taxes and bringing their NY values with them. Now, once strong GOP areas, are heavily liberal democrat areas.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #374 on: June 21, 2016, 12:33:04 pm »
Well, sorta. Florida is becoming the liberal bastion of the southeast with all of the New Englanders moving there. Just like Californians migrating to Colorado, New Yorkers (like Trump) are escaping the high taxes and bringing their NY values with them. Now, once strong GOP areas, are heavily liberal democrat areas.

I think Luis' comment related to your concern about what Governor Bush did to stop the liberal migration.  How does a governor do that? 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!