Poll

IF DONALD TRUMP is our nominee, will you vote for him in the General?

YES! HE WAS CHOSEN AT THE CONVENTION
61 (36.1%)
NO! I WILL STAY HOME OR VOTE DOWN TICKET
68 (40.2%)
I WILL WRITE IN TED CRUZ!
37 (21.9%)
I WILL VOTE FOR HILLARY!
3 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 158

Voting closed: May 07, 2016, 04:02:57 am

Author Topic: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?  (Read 71365 times)

Offline betty boop

Re: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?
« Reply #325 on: June 20, 2016, 12:58:54 am »
I don't know.  Either way, I will vote against Clintoon.  Can I vote for Trump?  I honestly don't know.

You only have two possible choices at this point, Sanguine: Hillary, or Trump. I don't know how you can "honestly" vote for Clinton. She has a decades-long history of dishonesty and malfeasance in public office. With Hillary, you know what you're getting. But why would you want it?

On the other hand, there are people about who evidently think they are experts on Donald Trump, and they have found him to be "no good." They would subject their personal virtue to sullying if they ever found anything good to say about the man, let alone vote for him for president. It seems they run around in packs. I suspect this bunch is operating under some kind of hypnotic suggestion, their minds being hermetically sealed against any idea that Trump -- for all his faults --  is still objectively a better choice than Hillary.

But evidently, one's self-satisfaction with the state of one's personal virtue "trumps" all other considerations. The country can go to hell in a hand basket, just so long as we can congratulate  ourselves on our pristine personal virtue....

All this, at a time when our nation needs all the help it can get to clean out the endemic corruption of our political system....

I hope you virtuous folk will just decide to stay home on election day. You might as well, you are no help at all.

When Hillary starts nominating Supreme Court justices, you stay-at-homes have zero standing to complain if you don't like them.

Good luck to all.

@wolfcreek

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #326 on: June 20, 2016, 01:06:01 am »
I won't be staying at home.  I will vote third party.  Failure to vote thusly will help elect one of the two worst candidates in American history.
Former Republican.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #327 on: June 20, 2016, 01:35:19 am »
You only have two possible choices at this point, Sanguine: Hillary, or Trump. I don't know how you can "honestly" vote for Clinton. She has a decades-long history of dishonesty and malfeasance in public office. With Hillary, you know what you're getting. But why would you want it?

On the other hand, there are people about who evidently think they are experts on Donald Trump, and they have found him to be "no good." They would subject their personal virtue to sullying if they ever found anything good to say about the man, let alone vote for him for president. It seems they run around in packs. I suspect this bunch is operating under some kind of hypnotic suggestion, their minds being hermetically sealed against any idea that Trump -- for all his faults --  is still objectively a better choice than Hillary.

But evidently, one's self-satisfaction with the state of one's personal virtue "trumps" all other considerations. The country can go to hell in a hand basket, just so long as we can congratulate  ourselves on our pristine personal virtue....

All this, at a time when our nation needs all the help it can get to clean out the endemic corruption of our political system....

I hope you virtuous folk will just decide to stay home on election day. You might as well, you are no help at all.

When Hillary starts nominating Supreme Court justices, you stay-at-homes have zero standing to complain if you don't like them.

Good luck to all.

@wolfcreek

A complete load of bovine fecal matter from start to finish!

There will be choices other than Trump or Hillary on my ballot an I will definitely  choose one of them.

I'm sick and tired of being held hostage by the dempublican party! Not going to play that anymore!

@betty boop
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:42:49 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #328 on: June 20, 2016, 02:13:45 am »

Good luck to all.

@wolfcreek

Actually, @betty boop , we don't officially have a candidate yet, so I don't have to make a decision at this point in time.  And, I will do every thing I can to make sure it's not DT.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #329 on: June 20, 2016, 02:48:22 am »
You only have two possible choices at this point, Sanguine: Hillary, or Trump.

That is not true.

Your statement is beyond all offense. Principled Conservatives have always had a ready criteria by which their endorsement is achieved. It is a simple thing. If your candidate does not measure up, then figure out how to get him elected without Conservatives, because that's what you'll need to do. You'll change no one's mind with this insulting 'purist' line.

To place your bets on a man of such low character is more a problem in all y'all's figuring... not in the normative calculation of Conservatives. To expect one who is himself corrupt to fix corruption is a monumental breach of logic.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #330 on: June 20, 2016, 03:20:53 am »
That is not true.

Your statement is beyond all offense. Principled Conservatives have always had a ready criteria by which their endorsement is achieved. It is a simple thing. If your candidate does not measure up, then figure out how to get him elected without Conservatives, because that's what you'll need to do. You'll change no one's mind with this insulting 'purist' line.

To place your bets on a man of such low character is more a problem in all y'all's figuring... not in the normative calculation of Conservatives. To expect one who is himself corrupt to fix corruption is a monumental breach of logic.
@ betty boop

:amen: :amen: :amen:!

HEY! Let's ALL vote the popular perceived lesser of two evils once again!

So what if all we got was more evil from doing that each time it has been done before? THIS time it's going to work! (/extreme sarcasm)
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #331 on: June 20, 2016, 04:14:53 am »

Good luck to all.

@wolfcreek

The problem here is that Trump supporters brought this election down to two unacceptable choices, and now you all want to stick everyone else with the fault for the likely outcome of the general election.

BUT, the likely outcome of the election (a Clinton win) has been one of the main reasons why those who oppose Trump have opposed Trump from the start. That and the belief that he would be a dangerously unpredictable POTUS with little or no understanding of our Constitution, and a penchant for expanding the idea of an Imperial Executive. So those who got us to this point are the ones who own the outcome, and own those SCOTUS choices by Clinton.

I truly hope that I am wrong.

I hope that Trump does win, and that if he does that he is a truly wonderful President. I'd rather be dead wrong than right, because if I am right, if trump loses to Clinton and takes our Congressinal majorities down with him, or if he wins and he is as bad a President as I believe he would be, he will be the catalyst  for the destruction of effective right-wing politics in the U.S. for quite a long time.

We are here because Trump supporters brought us here.

Whatever happens going forward, you own it, because you made it happen.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #332 on: June 20, 2016, 12:16:36 pm »
I will have to say, over the past several months I've seen the most ingenious ways to tell the world that if you vote for Trump in November and he loses...it's your fault.   And since I'm not going to vote for him, Hillary will win...and it will be your fault... 

:huh?:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #333 on: June 20, 2016, 12:31:04 pm »
A complete load of bovine fecal matter from start to finish!

There will be choices other than Trump or Hillary on my ballot an I will definitely  choose one of them.

I'm sick and tired of being held hostage by the dempublican party! Not going to play that anymore!

@betty boop

Guess you would prefer being the hostage of EIGHT years [beyond that once they continue to derail the Constitution and stack the court]  of another Clinton?

Is that what you really want?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #334 on: June 20, 2016, 12:33:56 pm »
Guess you would prefer being the hostage of EIGHT years [beyond that once they continue to derail the Constitution and stack the court]  of another Clinton?

Is that what you really want?

No! It isn't what I want but it's what I'm going to get if either Trump or HIllary becomes president! They are one in the same!  Both members of the same criminal enterprise and they are both laughing their asses off right now!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #335 on: June 20, 2016, 12:42:16 pm »
The problem here is that Trump supporters brought this election down to two unacceptable choices, and now you all want to stick everyone else with the fault for the likely outcome of the general election.

BUT, the likely outcome of the election (a Clinton win) has been one of the main reasons why those who oppose Trump have opposed Trump from the start. That and the belief that he would be a dangerously unpredictable POTUS with little or no understanding of our Constitution, and a penchant for expanding the idea of an Imperial Executive. So those who got us to this point are the ones who own the outcome, and own those SCOTUS choices by Clinton.

I truly hope that I am wrong.

I hope that Trump does win, and that if he does that he is a truly wonderful President. I'd rather be dead wrong than right, because if I am right, if trump loses to Clinton and takes our Congressinal majorities down with him, or if he wins and he is as bad a President as I believe he would be, he will be the catalyst  for the destruction of effective right-wing politics in the U.S. for quite a long time.

We are here because Trump supporters brought us here.

Whatever happens going forward, you own it, because you made it happen.

How many times have you and others trashed the GOP, the Congress in general and the last several Republican POTUSs]  for being either totally ineffective at countering the Progressive Left or practically become their allies? Well, you were right.

Open your eyes. They are not on your side and your side is a minority.

People who support Trump have moved on. If you want to be politically relevant,  I suggest you do the same.

Just like the last several Democrat wins, the disgruntled stayed at home or voted for some obscure 'other' party candidate. For the sake of this country,  Don't let that happen again.

BTW: I voted for Cruz so, I didn't make chit happen. The majority of Republican voters selected Trump and now I will cast my vote for him. That's unless you stab him in the back and guarantee a Hillary presidency.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:48:36 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #336 on: June 20, 2016, 12:42:56 pm »

That's not it at all, certainly not for me.  I'm prepared to vote against Trump because Trump is more dangerous to the nation than Clinton is.   The choice this year is between two evils,  and I am being forced to decide which one is more awful.   Fine, if you insist, then I'll decide.   You won't like it.  I won't like it.   But I'll decide.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #337 on: June 20, 2016, 12:45:54 pm »
No! It isn't what I want but it's what I'm going to get if either Trump or HIllary becomes president! They are one in the same!  Both members of the same criminal enterprise and they are both laughing their asses off right now!

I stopped with "They are one in the same" You and I both know that's not factual. Hillary is Obama II and we know where he's taken this country.

Whatever Trump is, it's not Hillary.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #338 on: June 20, 2016, 12:54:10 pm »
I stopped with "They are one in the same" You and I both know that's not factual. Hillary is Obama II and we know where he's taken this country.

You are free to continue in your self delusion!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #339 on: June 20, 2016, 01:02:04 pm »
You are free to continue in your self delusion!

To avoid disrespecting a fellow Texan, I won't say the same.

Online Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #340 on: June 20, 2016, 01:05:54 pm »

Trump wants to "open up" libel laws... an attack on the First Amendment's guarantee of freedom of the press.

Trump wants to allow the Federal government to deny anyone they want to put on some sort of ill-defined arbitrary and unregulated list of "enemies of the State" their 2A right to buy a gun.

It's a matter of which individual you prefer being in charge of violating the Constitution.

Trump exists in a world where there isn't a Congress or a Constitution. Where his will is all that matters and his experts will make those things he wants to happen, happen, and while I agree that a Hillary Presidency would be bad news, I can't even begin to make the argument that a Trump Imperial Presidency would be less bad. 
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #341 on: June 20, 2016, 01:08:15 pm »
To avoid disrespecting a fellow Texan, I won't say the same.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

John Adams

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

Ayn Rand

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #342 on: June 20, 2016, 01:11:11 pm »
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

John Adams

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

Ayn Rand

Avoiding reality is exactly what the antiTrumps/proHillarys are doing.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:12:41 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #343 on: June 20, 2016, 01:17:55 pm »
Trump wants to "open up" libel laws... an attack on the First Amendment's guarantee of freedom of the press.

Trump wants to allow the Federal government to deny anyone they want to put on some sort of ill-defined arbitrary and unregulated list of "enemies of the State" their 2A right to buy a gun.

It's a matter of which individual you prefer being in charge of violating the Constitution.

Trump exists in a world where there isn't a Congress or a Constitution. Where his will is all that matters and his experts will make those things he wants to happen, happen, and while I agree that a Hillary Presidency would be bad news, I can't even begin to make the argument that a Trump Imperial Presidency would be less bad.

It's all about the amnesty with you isn't it. Excuses \Excuses.

Online Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #344 on: June 20, 2016, 03:20:10 pm »
It's all about the amnesty with you isn't it. Excuses \Excuses.

Typical Trump supporter.

Bigot follows a bigot.

Amnesty has not even entered into this equation, but you saw my last name and made the typically bigoted assumption.

Why don't you address the substance of the post instead of engaging in a Trump tactic?

Because you can't, and you can't because you lack the intellect to do it.

Oceander

« Reply #345 on: June 20, 2016, 04:19:48 pm »

Trump is a Rockefeller republican, a particularly pernicious form of republican endemic to NYC that is basically nothing my more than a rich white liberal who is too embarrassed, or narcissistic, to be seen together with the grubby street protestors who inhabit the DNC.  He'll be as bad as, if not worse than, Michael Bloomberg, another rich NYC businessman and republican of convenience, who governed as a very liberal mayor.  In other words, he'll be just as bad as Clinton, with the only variation being in irrelevant details. 

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #346 on: June 20, 2016, 06:59:37 pm »
The only thing that makes me want to vote for him is when the liberals riot against him.  I don't want them to win.  Other than that...Trump is moving to the left as expected and is completely untrustworthy.  Libertarian is looking better and better every day...even if it is that doofus Johnson as the nominee.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #347 on: June 20, 2016, 07:01:01 pm »
Typical Trump supporter.

Bigot follows a bigot.

Amnesty has not even entered into this equation, but you saw my last name and made the typically bigoted assumption.

Why don't you address the substance of the post instead of engaging in a Trump tactic?

Because you can't, and you can't because you lack the intellect to do it.

Tell me you weren't a Jeb voter.

BTW: I need to see some sources before I comment on your accusations against Trump.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:02:21 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #348 on: June 20, 2016, 07:04:57 pm »
Trump is a Rockefeller republican, a particularly pernicious form of republican endemic to NYC that is basically nothing my more than a rich white liberal who is too embarrassed, or narcissistic, to be seen together with the grubby street protestors who inhabit the DNC.  He'll be as bad as, if not worse than, Michael Bloomberg, another rich NYC businessman and republican of convenience, who governed as a very liberal mayor.  In other words, he'll be just as bad as Clinton, with the only variation being in irrelevant details.

No one would be as bad as Hillary. The fact that someone would think that is disturbing.

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #349 on: June 20, 2016, 07:08:40 pm »
No one would be as bad as Hillary. The fact that someone would think that is disturbing.

Well the issue is if Trump wins who will be the party to push us to the right?  If Hillary wins we have a chance of getting conservatives in congress to stop her agenda.  If Trump wins we get more liberals in congress and he'll pass their agenda.