Poll

IF DONALD TRUMP is our nominee, will you vote for him in the General?

YES! HE WAS CHOSEN AT THE CONVENTION
61 (36.1%)
NO! I WILL STAY HOME OR VOTE DOWN TICKET
68 (40.2%)
I WILL WRITE IN TED CRUZ!
37 (21.9%)
I WILL VOTE FOR HILLARY!
3 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 158

Voting closed: May 07, 2016, 04:02:57 am

Author Topic: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?  (Read 71358 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?
« Reply #225 on: May 04, 2016, 02:35:31 pm »
There are no doubt good reasons for others to hold their nose and vote for the lesser of two evils, but those reasons don't work for me.
I'll vote for a Conservative or I'll leave the ballot for that office blank.

YMMV

No,there is no mileage to vary,here. People like you and I did NOT pick the globalist asshat at the top of the ticket,so we are under no moral obligation to vote for him or her to make the sheeple who did vote for them feel better about themselves.

If you want change,you MUST vote for change because when you keep voting for more of the same,more of the same is all you will ever get.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #226 on: May 04, 2016, 02:35:56 pm »
Thanks! I always find it helpful when people self-describe themselves as a part of the problem.

What "problem" exactly?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #227 on: May 04, 2016, 02:39:27 pm »
You may vote for whomever you wish, but IMO, you forfeit the right to complain about said person if you refused to vote against them.

Your opinion is wrong. It is people like YOU who have no right to complain when whatever globalist you supported and voted for takes office and acts like the globalist they have been all along.

Or are you making the claim that if the idiot that was an American Nazi or a Kluxxer head robe that ran for president a decade or so ago should have had everyone's support if he had won the primary?

When you knowingly support evil,you have to share in the ownership of that evil.

• Technical
« Reply #228 on: May 04, 2016, 02:41:42 pm »
Your opinion is wrong. It is people like YOU who have no right to complain when whatever globalist you supported and voted for takes office and acts like the globalist they have been all along.

Or are you making the claim that if the idiot that was an American Nazi or a Kluxxer head robe that ran for president a decade or so ago should have had everyone's support if he had won the primary?

When you knowingly support evil,you have to share in the ownership of that evil.

"Globalist" is a conspiracy theory nonsense word spouted by economically ignorant fools, IMO.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #229 on: May 04, 2016, 02:43:02 pm »
I'm tired of the "conservative purity test" to be honest. Granted Romney was not a good candidate but the GOP is always waiting for this perfect candidate that really doesn't exist.

No,the GOP always hates and fears any actual conservative that runs for political office,and work hard behind the scenes to torpedo them so they can't get elected.

Asking the GOP to pick a conservative candidate to support is like asking a wolf to pick a rabbit to adopt.

• Technical
« Reply #230 on: May 04, 2016, 02:44:38 pm »
No,the GOP always hates and fears any actual conservative that runs for political office,and work hard behind the scenes to torpedo them so they can't get elected.

Asking the GOP to pick a conservative candidate to support is like asking a wolf to pick a rabbit to adopt.

No it's just the screaming mimis keep moving the yardstick of what constitutes as a "conservative" to crazier and crazier.

It's basically the "no true scotsman" theory in action.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #231 on: May 04, 2016, 02:51:22 pm »
No it's just the screaming mimis keep moving the yardstick of what constitutes as a "conservative" to crazier and crazier.

It's basically the "no true scotsman" theory in action.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=140249.0
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #232 on: May 04, 2016, 03:05:04 pm »
Trump  has contributed nearly a million dollars to the Republican party vs. less than a half million to the Democrat party over the last 26 years.

HorseHillary! He is a life-long denizen of NYC and has "donated" untold millions to Dim politicians and city officials (same thing) in the form of under the table "gifts" for things like zoning law changes,health dept "considerations",planning dept permits,etc,etc,etc.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #233 on: May 04, 2016, 03:06:48 pm »
I shudder to think that Hillary Clinton should be allowed to select one or more justices of the Supreme Court.  I know the type of a justice she will nominate. 

The same sort of SC Justice that his good pal Bubbette! will pick. After all,they both share "NYC Values".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #234 on: May 04, 2016, 03:08:57 pm »
For the record, I will not vote for Trump.

:amen:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #235 on: May 04, 2016, 03:12:37 pm »
What "problem" exactly?

A member of the "lesser of two evils" sheeple.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2016, 03:14:02 pm »
"Globalist" is a conspiracy theory nonsense word spouted by economically ignorant fools, IMO.

I can't believe you are actually bragging about being that ignorant. No wonder you are a lesser of two evil group member.

• Technical
« Reply #237 on: May 04, 2016, 03:15:53 pm »
I can't believe you are actually bragging about being that ignorant. No wonder you are a lesser of two evil group member.

I'll put my knowledge of economics up against yours any day, son.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #238 on: May 04, 2016, 03:17:08 pm »
I'll put my knowledge of economics up against yours any day, son.

Then again,you think Trump would be a good president,too.

You have all sorts of delusions.

• Technical
« Reply #239 on: May 04, 2016, 03:20:16 pm »
Then again,you think Trump would be a good president,too.

You have all sorts of delusions.

I don't, but you go to war with the army you have right? Any port in a storm, etc. etc.

I'm honestly not sure if I will be able to stomach pulling the lever for Trump at this point. I will know in November.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #240 on: May 04, 2016, 03:46:50 pm »
But you said we don't have the right to complain about Hillary if we don't vote for Donald because we will have "enabled" her win.  But if you vote for Trump, didn't you "enable" his win?  And therefore, he should be immune from criticism as well.

If that isn't the case, then your entire argument that we can't complain about Hillary if we didn't vote for Trump collapses.

I use that to get the attention of those who sat out in the past. (And still compain)

You one of those?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #241 on: May 04, 2016, 04:54:54 pm »
No, I'm not.  This will be the first Presidential election where I haven't voted for the Republican, and I cast my first vote for Reagan in 1980.

I can stomach voting for a "moderate" Republican on the grounds that at least he won't do as much damage as a Democrat.  A way to buy time/minimize the damage until I have a chance to vote for someone better.

Given the way Trump conducted his campaign, and what it would signal for the quality of future campaigns, I'm an not sure that there is enough of a difference between what he and Hillary are likely to accomplish to justify condoning what he did with a vote.  It is honestly an absolute embarrassment that a guy like that got the nomination of the Party of Lincoln.

Luckily Iowa allows write-ins, so I'll write in Cruz. Then vote the downticket. My focus is on state level politics now anyway. Our federal goose is cooked.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #242 on: May 04, 2016, 05:52:17 pm »
I don't, but you go to war with the army you have right? Any port in a storm, etc. etc.

I'm honestly not sure if I will be able to stomach pulling the lever for Trump at this point. I will know in November.

Well,all I can say is "Good luck to you,and remember that you have to live with your decision,whatever it may be."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2016, 05:59:41 pm »
No, I'm not.  This will be the first Presidential election where I haven't voted for the Republican, and I cast my first vote for Reagan in 1980.

I can stomach voting for a "moderate" Republican on the grounds that at least he won't do as much damage as a Democrat.  A way to buy time/minimize the damage until I have a chance to vote for someone better.

Given the way Trump conducted his campaign, and what it would signal for the quality of future campaigns, I'm an not sure that there is enough of a difference between what he and Hillary are likely to accomplish to justify condoning what he did with a vote.  It is honestly an absolute embarrassment that a guy like that got the nomination of the Party of Lincoln.

The Party of Lincoln is now officially dead.

Your assessment of the similarity between Trump and Hillary is spot on.  He doesn't deserve the vote of any serious Republican....

Which I'm not sure I'm going to call myself any more.  Trump has killed the Republican party and replaced it with something farther left and without honor.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #244 on: May 04, 2016, 06:02:00 pm »
It is the fault of the Trumpsters.  They own what happens next.  Don't even give us the "heads I win, tails you lose" argument where you care credited with wins and we are blamed for losses.  No deal.  You own it either way.

AMEN, RATPatrol.  The blame for this disastrous election year lies squarely on the heads of the Trump fan club.

They'll continue to squeal and blame others (they're following their leader in that), but we all know exactly whose fault this catastrophe is.  NOT those of us who tried to sound the alarm.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #245 on: May 04, 2016, 07:36:36 pm »
FRefugees meet ALert. I don't believe you've been introduced.

Antibacterial handwipes will be provided by the management.

I actually left TBR for a while to get the stench of A-lert off .   Just lying in wait for someone to dare dislike his hero, the man with the fake hair, fake tan, and wife with the fake boobs.
Ugh.  Some freepers ought to go home, their cultists are calling.  After all, fake man has changed positions so many times he could write his own Kama sutra.  (sp?)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #246 on: May 04, 2016, 07:43:15 pm »
I actually left TBR for a while to get the stench of A-lert off .   Just lying in wait for someone to dare dislike his hero, the man with the fake hair, fake tan, and wife with the fake boobs.
Ugh.  Some freepers ought to go home, their cultists are calling.  After all, fake man has changed positions so many times he could write his own Kama sutra.  (sp?)

I've found this helpful when dealing with A-lert (or is that A-Bert??)....

• Technical
« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2016, 07:45:55 pm »
Well,all I can say is "Good luck to you,and remember that you have to live with your decision,whatever it may be."

Will it really matter what decision I make though? Trump will be r@ped by Hillary. Bent over like a blowup doll.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2016, 08:03:15 pm »
Will it really matter what decision I make though? Trump will be r@ped by Hillary. Bent over like a blowup doll.

I am hoping it will matter to you. You are not responsible for what Hillary or anyone else does. All you can do is make the best decisions you think you can make for yourself and hope they work out,same as the rest of us.

• Technical
« Reply #249 on: May 04, 2016, 08:04:50 pm »
I am hoping it will matter to you. You are not responsible for what Hillary or anyone else does. All you can do is make the best decisions you think you can make for yourself and hope they work out,same as the rest of us.

Oh it matters, but I think Trump will lose, badly, no matter what I do. Even if I could convince everyone I knew to vote for Trump, and I don't want to embarrass myself that way, Trump will still lose very badly in November.