Poll

IF DONALD TRUMP is our nominee, will you vote for him in the General?

YES! HE WAS CHOSEN AT THE CONVENTION
61 (36.1%)
NO! I WILL STAY HOME OR VOTE DOWN TICKET
68 (40.2%)
I WILL WRITE IN TED CRUZ!
37 (21.9%)
I WILL VOTE FOR HILLARY!
3 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 158

Voting closed: May 07, 2016, 04:02:57 am

Author Topic: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?  (Read 71363 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: (POLL #2) VOTE! IF TRUMP IS THE NOMINEE WILL YOU VOTE FOR HIM?
« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2016, 03:39:36 pm »
Yes, we do.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/fundraising/203784-donald-trump-makes-donation-to-ted-cruz

To be honest about that, it wasn't a donation to Cruz, it was a donation to the the Jobs, Growth and Freedom Fund that Cruz started but wasn't for his campaign. That PAC was specifically to promote defunding Obamacare and supported many candidates.

A-Lert

« Reply #176 on: May 02, 2016, 03:54:48 pm »
To be honest about that, it wasn't a donation to Cruz, it was a donation to the the Jobs, Growth and Freedom Fund that Cruz started but wasn't for his campaign. That PAC was specifically to promote defunding Obamacare and supported many candidates.

A Cruz PAC.  How many liberals endorse Republican candidates and financially support the Republican party?

Hotel magnate Donald Trump donated $5,000 to Sen. Ted Cruz’s leadership PAC in January, according to new campaign records.

Trump’s show of support for the Texas Republican's leadership PAC — the maximum allowed under the law per election cycle — is an indication that the men are becoming political allies.

During the 2012 election season, GOP presidential hopefuls made visits to Trump Tower in New York City to court the billionaire, who eventually endorsed Mitt Romney.

The Federal Election Committee’s (FEC) individual donor database has not yet been updated to include the donation, but it shows that Trump also gave $1,000 to Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) in March.

FEC records show Trump has donated more than $127,000 during this election cycle so far, including to the Republican National Committee, the National Republican Senatorial Committee, Sens. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and John Cornyn (R-Texas) and $50,000 to the Kentuckians for Strong Leadership political action committee.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #177 on: May 02, 2016, 03:56:50 pm »
A Cruz PAC.  How many liberals endorse Republican candidates and financially support the Republican party?

Hotel magnate Donald Trump donated $5,000 to Sen. Ted Cruz’s leadership PAC in January, according to new campaign records.

Trump’s show of support for the Texas Republican's leadership PAC — the maximum allowed under the law per election cycle — is an indication that the men are becoming political allies.

During the 2012 election season, GOP presidential hopefuls made visits to Trump Tower in New York City to court the billionaire, who eventually endorsed Mitt Romney.

The Federal Election Committee’s (FEC) individual donor database has not yet been updated to include the donation, but it shows that Trump also gave $1,000 to Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) in March.

FEC records show Trump has donated more than $127,000 during this election cycle so far, including to the Republican National Committee, the National Republican Senatorial Committee, Sens. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and John Cornyn (R-Texas) and $50,000 to the Kentuckians for Strong Leadership political action committee.

That article is actually pretty revealing about that because it shows pretty much all the Republican donations he made that are referenced to, came all at one time- not over his history. It was like in 2012, he started dumping donations to any and every Republican PAC he could find.

One could surmise he was trying to balance out his long history of giving to Democrats, possibly because he was considering a run on the Republican ticket in 2012.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #178 on: May 02, 2016, 04:05:19 pm »
That article is actually pretty revealing about that because it shows pretty much all the Republican donations he made that are referenced to, came all at one time- not over his history. It was like in 2012, he started dumping donations to any and every Republican PAC he could find.

One could surmise he was trying to balance out his long history of giving to Democrats, possibly because he was considering a run on the Republican ticket in 2012.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

A-Lert

« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2016, 04:15:26 pm »

Trump  has contributed nearly a million dollars to the Republican party vs. less than a half million to the Democrat party over the last 26 years.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2016, 04:21:56 pm »
Trump  has contributed nearly a million dollars to the Republican party vs. less than a half million to the Democrat party over the last 26 years.

Still that doesn't address Abaraxas' point.  And if as some say, it was for business reasons, what does that say about any core values he may have?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

A-Lert

« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2016, 04:37:19 pm »
Still that doesn't address Abaraxas' point.  And if as some say, it was for business reasons, what does that say about any core values he may have?

What point?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #183 on: May 02, 2016, 05:16:14 pm »

Wow. this place has spammers just like FR.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2016, 05:29:41 pm »

I think Lert came from FR; he can correct me if wrong.

And, he got called on his spamming and agreed to quit.

Offline gafr60

« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2016, 05:34:38 pm »
I shudder to think that Hillary Clinton should be allowed to select one or more justices of the Supreme Court.  I know the type of a justice she will nominate.  Still wiping the stench off of myself after a long relationship with FR,  but can't let the stench cloud my judgement.

A-Lert

« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2016, 05:36:06 pm »

You have a problem with facts? Just because you don't like what is posted doesn't make me a spammer. Should I classify you with an insult?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2016, 05:37:56 pm »
FRefugees meet ALert. I don't believe you've been introduced.

Antibacterial handwipes will be provided by the management.

A-Lert

« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2016, 05:40:57 pm »
FRefugees meet ALert. I don't believe you've been introduced.

Antibacterial handwipes will be provided by the management.

FR refugees can't leave the clique BS. Everything they complain about, they bring here. Pathetic!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #189 on: May 02, 2016, 05:44:59 pm »
FR refugees can't leave the clique BS. Everything they complain about, they bring here. Pathetic!

You're emulating your hero Donald's twitter style, just changed "Pathetic!" to "Sad!".

:laugh:

A-Lert

« Reply #190 on: May 02, 2016, 05:48:09 pm »
You're emulating your hero Donald's twitter style, just changed "Pathetic!" to "Sad!".

:laugh:

Hero? Really? How much more juvenile can you get? Please, spare us.

Offline flowers

« Reply #191 on: May 02, 2016, 05:48:25 pm »
I think Lert came from FR; he can correct me if wrong.

And, he got called on his spamming and agreed to quit.
Do you have proof @Sanguine @A-Lert ?

A-Lert

« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2016, 05:52:57 pm »

I was banned from FR years ago. I never looked back. Cliques were never my thing. The place got to be like a junior high playground.

Offline flowers

« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2016, 05:59:08 pm »
I was banned from FR years ago. I never looked back. Cliques were never my thing. The place got to be like a junior high playground.
;)

A-Lert

« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2016, 06:12:12 pm »
Some do, some do not.  I would agree that those of us who are FR refugees should make an extra effort to maintain civility, especially when discussing something with someone with whom we disagree.

Civility is good.  :beer:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #195 on: May 02, 2016, 06:12:48 pm »
I would write in Ted Cruz

Yep, and at least it's easy to spell.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #196 on: May 02, 2016, 06:22:56 pm »

Flowers, proof of what?  I expressed an opinion and asked Lert to correct me if was wrong.  Looks like he confirmed what I said.

You used the wrong attack method on this one.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:24:17 pm by Sanguine »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #197 on: May 02, 2016, 06:43:38 pm »
Some do, some do not.  I would agree that those of us who are FR refugees should make an extra effort to maintain civility, especially when discussing something with someone with whom we disagree.

So far, so good.

I haven't seen a single clique here from FR.  I think the complainer is just upset that so many intelligent, articulate people who don't support Trump have arrived on the scene to systematically dismantle his faux conservatism......
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:43:56 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

A-Lert

« Reply #198 on: May 02, 2016, 06:47:19 pm »
Flowers, proof of what?  I expressed an opinion and asked Lert to correct me if was wrong.  Looks like he confirmed what I said.

You used the wrong attack method on this one.

Why is asking a question considered an "attack" by some? Unless of course the question is about a posters sanity, sexuality, etc., which Flowers certainly wasn't.

A-Lert

« Reply #199 on: May 02, 2016, 06:49:26 pm »
So far, so good.

I haven't seen a single clique here from FR.  I think the complainer is just upset that so many intelligent, articulate people who don't support Trump have arrived on the scene to systematically dismantle his faux conservatism......

8bs8