Author Topic: Donald Trump wins big in New York  (Read 13083 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Donald Trump wins big in New York
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2016, 03:40:59 pm »
None of us can tell whether Trump would be worse.  I suspect he will be a lot like Obama.  He's clueless about the Constitution and completely ignorant and incapable of working together with people with whom he disagrees.  In fact, like Obama, he ridicules people with whom he disagrees.

The only thing that will save us from that kind of trouble is if Cruz wins a contested convention.  But then, who knows what kind of violence (cheered on by Trump) will occur if that happens?

Trouble, no matter what, I'm afraid.  Dark days ahead.....

I have complete faith in Cruz. He will stop Donald from getting the number of delegates needed and will win at convention.  He will stomp Hillary and he will be POTUS.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2016, 03:44:26 pm »
I have complete faith in Cruz. He will stop Donald from getting the number of delegates needed and will win at convention.  He will stomp Hillary and he will be POTUS.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2016, 03:52:53 pm »

What an encouraging post on a very dismal day for liberty.  THANK you!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2016, 04:05:37 pm »
:beer:  Trump is an Orange Obama!

Orange is the new black!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2016, 04:08:21 pm »
1965 prophesy comes true!

https://www.facebook.com/ebntalkradio/videos/1686414688275219/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2016, 04:13:19 pm »
Byron York ‏@ByronYork  37m37 minutes ago

Exits: 57% of NY GOPers support giving illegal immigrants chance to become legal; 39% support deportation.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2016, 04:13:32 pm »

I truly hope so.

But it appears that a great many Republicans have given themselves over to the delusions of big government populism, protectionism and nativism.

By abandoning intellectually-based conservatism in favor of emotionally-based Trumpism, these GOP voters would usher in an era of left-wing Progressivism that will result in either (1) the complete and final abandonment of our Constitution, or (2) armed insurrection and revolution.   

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2016, 04:17:24 pm »
geronl wrote:
"I absolutely hate Trump and his supporters. There are no vile people than bleep.
They are worse than Obama and ISIS. At least Obama and ISIS don't pretend to be Republicans or conservatives.
No one who does what Trump and his rumpians do can be considered good people.
There are no redeeming qualities of these people, none"

Heh.
Great post.
You just earned second place on my "ignore" list.
So long, Mr. geron!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:19:37 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2016, 04:23:58 pm »

Important announcement:

The domain name "www.insultathon.com" is was available, and I just reserved it

Why hang out at a routine, run-of-the-mill political forum, when you can go straight to your ultimate goal?

*credit to MACV for the name idea

Although initially the main site will be for politics, if it goes over well it will be adding forums for religion, sports, celebrity, fashions, and many other important fields where insults are the modern form of human-intercourse.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Fishrrman

« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2016, 04:25:36 pm »
Weird asked (regarding what A-Lert would do if o'er-the-hillary wins):
"What are your plans? Because she will win, almost certainly."

One thing I've been doing over the past couple of years is drawing down my 401k and IRA's as much as possible (I'm already retired).

Because if the democrats win, I sense that they're going to shoot for some kind of extra tax on "retirement accounts" (either at withdrawal or simply as a "wealth tax") -- or possibly take them over and forcibly limit how much one can withdraw from them.

They will do this before they begin taxing simple "savings accounts".

Also have been increasing... um.... "metallic assets"...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2016, 04:32:43 pm »
Weird asked (regarding what A-Lert would do if o'er-the-hillary wins):
"What are your plans? Because she will win, almost certainly."

One thing I've been doing over the past couple of years is drawing down my 401k and IRA's as much as possible (I'm already retired).

Because if the democrats win, I sense that they're going to shoot for some kind of extra tax on "retirement accounts" (either at withdrawal or simply as a "wealth tax") -- or possibly take them over and forcibly limit how much one can withdraw from them.

They will do this before they begin taxing simple "savings accounts".

Also have been increasing... um.... "metallic assets"...

If Trump is the nominee, the Democrats win no matter how it all plays out........

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2016, 04:34:16 pm »
Trumpazoids are immune to logic and reason. They only know that they want their caudillo, and they want him bad.

Logic and reason says the GOPe would rather have Hillary Clinton as president over Cruz or Trump.

Hey but ya'll are true conservatives!   :silly:
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Online Fishrrman

« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2016, 04:34:30 pm »
NavyCanDo asks (in what sounds like desperation):
"At this point I am just praying for a miracle to occur at the contested GOP convention (and it will be contested) and we get a nominee that not only does the near impossible, unify the Republican voters behind a candidate and his or her VP choice, but that also has the popularity to beat Hillary in the general."

OK, I'll bite.
I'll accept your premise, that "in lieu of" Mr. Trump, the Republican party needs someone else to beat o'er-the-hillary in November.

Now I'm going to ask you -- just WHO that candidate might be?

You've already written off Trump.
It won't be Cruz -- he won't beat hillary, might even do worse against her than Trump (do you remember Goldwater v. Johnson in 1964?)
It won't be Kasich -- he's not getting the nomination, and he would lose badly, as well.

So... once again.... who...?
Paul Ryan? Are you kidding?

Who....?

C'mon folks, all of you who want a brokered convention.
Let's hear some names, other than those above.
Which dark horse is gonna become your white knight in the big fight?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2016, 04:40:25 pm »

Logic and reason says the GOPe would rather have Hillary Clinton as president over Cruz or Trump.

Hey but ya'll are true conservatives!   :silly:

Well, anyone who supports Donald Trump and ridicules people who support Ted Cruz doesn't have a conservative bone in his body.

You're not fooling anyone, abDEM.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2016, 04:41:35 pm »
Important announcement:

Why hang out at a routine, run-of-the-mill political forum, when you can go straight to your ultimate goal?

Although initially the main site will be for politics, if it goes over well it will be adding forums for religion, sports, celebrity, fashions, and many other important fields where insults are the modern form of human-intercourse.
:silly:  :nometalk:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline musiclady

« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2016, 04:42:44 pm »
"At this point I am just praying for a miracle to occur at the contested GOP convention (and it will be contested) and we get a nominee that not only does the near impossible, unify the Republican voters behind a candidate and his or her VP choice, but that also has the popularity to beat Hillary in the general."

OK, I'll bite.
I'll accept your premise, that "in lieu of" Mr. Trump, the Republican party needs someone else to beat o'er-the-hillary in November.

It won't be Cruz -- he won't beat hillary, might even do worse against her than Trump (do you remember Goldwater v. Johnson in 1964?)
It won't be Kasich -- he's not getting the nomination, and he would lose badly, as well.

Who....?

Actually, polls show that Cruz CAN beat Trump.

And once the Trump LIES about him are in the past, and people see that the media caricature is also a LIE, he can beat a damaged Hillary in the general.

Trump cannot.  He is anathema to people who value integrity and conservatism.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2016, 04:47:55 pm »

OK, I'll bite.

Who....?

Well FWIW, Kasich beats Hillary by an average of 8 points, and beats her in every poll...not that winning is all that great.  :pondering:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

geronl

« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2016, 04:48:34 pm »
Yet you see nothing wrong with that word...please don't use it.

Trumpsiders claim to oppose political correctness but they are its biggest enforcers.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2016, 04:51:24 pm »
Important announcement:

Hey, these days it could grow to challenge Jimbotown.  So...like...do I get any royalties.  :pop41:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2016, 05:03:16 pm »
Because of your willful blindness and the fact that you insist on living in FANTASY land!

IMHO, you want the conversation/debate to be about conservatism and the Constitution.  In prior elections I would have been right there with you. 

But this is not like prior elections.  Putting conservatism and the Constitution as priority issues in this election is like putting the cart before the horse.  Before we can fight to preserve the Constitution of the United States, we must first win the battle for the United States herself.

This is an election about American sovereignty--the right to defend our borders from invasion;  and the right to engage in trade that is smart,  so our economic security and robust growth is not held in the palm of globalists--whether they're from around the world or right here at home.

Whether you're a conservative,  a liberal--or somewhere in between-- does not matter in this election.  This is an election about choosing America first or globalism.  And you can ridicule and offend Trump supporters all you want.  But the bond between Trump and his supporters will not be broken--because we agree with Donald Trump:  The time to stand and fight for our national and economic sovereignty is NOW!

Welcome to 2016, Bigun.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:08:04 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

geronl

« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2016, 05:03:50 pm »
Any one of the other candidates could have beaten Hillary before Trump and his wolf-pack destroyed the Republican Party. This pretender has made Hillary electable again, which was probably the whole goal of his campaign.

Ted Cruz has fought Mitch McConnell and the RINO GOPe for years, but he never tried to destroy the party itself. He never tried to destroy conservatism, he always held up conservative principles.

Trump seems intent on rendering the party itself apart. Trump has sullied and stomped on conservatism every step of the way. No reason to see why he would ever stop.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2016, 05:04:15 pm »
Important announcement:

============================

This site is currently unavailable.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2016, 05:07:14 pm »
Hey, these days it could grow to challenge Jimbotown.  So...like...do I get any royalties.  :pop41:
Royalties are of course, negotiable.

geronl

« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2016, 05:07:31 pm »

This is an election about American sovereignty--the right to defend our borders from invasion;  and the right to engage in trade that is smart,  so our economic security and robust growth is not held in the palm of globalists--whether they're from around the world or right here at home.

Trump lies like Hillary. Trump's touch-back amnesty and big gold-plated government that takes takes takes and grabs grabs grabs, Trump doesn't stand for anything you think he does. Trump is a pretender. He donates to sanctuary city politicians. He loves Muslims, rich ones he would never keep out. Trump is very much a globalist and a supporter of the establishment.

This is why he is part of the Hillary campaign

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2016, 05:08:17 pm »
============================

This site is currently unavailable.
It is unavailable because I purchased it.