Author Topic: Donald Trump wins big in New York  (Read 13130 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Donald Trump wins big in New York
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2016, 02:23:39 pm »
Trump supporters will never accept blame. Their hero is not a believer in personal responsibility, so why would they be? It's always someone else's fault. When Trump implodes, be it in the next few months or in November,  the "GOP-e" and "Establishment" will get blame. As those are convenient scapegoats for all that goes wrong in the conversative movement these days. And the screaming mimis on talk radio will follow right along. And it shall preside in an unprecedented dominance of the USSC for possibly decades to come. All so that Trump could "shake things up".
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:24:27 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2016, 02:24:50 pm »
Bigun, you sir, have my respect.  Even when we are at odds, you have my respect.

And I assure you Sir that it is mutual! Very much so!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2016, 02:28:03 pm »
And I assure you Sir that it is mutual! Very much so!

We still have our pact about no blows above the shoulders?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2016, 02:32:01 pm »
What a crock of unmitigated crap!   

If you people continue to sit and whine and cry over the death of our Republic...at least point the blame where it belongs.

Look in the mirror.

For if you stay home....vote turd party...or god forbid vote for Hillary, then YOU ARE TO BLAME!   Not Trump voters.

You all disgust me.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2016, 02:32:28 pm »
We still have our pact about no blows above the shoulders?

Of course! 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2016, 02:34:19 pm »
What a crock of unmitigated crap!   

If you people continue to sit and whine and cry over the death of our Republic...at least point the blame where it belongs.

Look in the mirror.

For if you stay home....vote turd party...or god forbid vote for Hillary, then YOU ARE TO BLAME!   Not Trump voters.

You all disgust me.

YOU and every other Trumpkin on the planet DISGUST me Sir!  YOU are BLIND as the proverbial bat and this republic will DIE because of that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2016, 02:37:07 pm »
I was watching these numbers last night and following the giddiness here, all the while thinking, "do they not see?".

Some of them probably do, but will not admit it.   To admit right now that the object of their affections is a danger to the Republic would be like a teen-age girl's admitting that the 'bad boy' she loves will do her harm.

But by the time she fully understands what her misplaced affection has wrought, it's usually too late.

I just pray that the damage done to America by misplaced adoration of Trump ends at the Convention, and we can start to right the ship he is sinking.

If not, as Bigun said, the death blow to America will have happened in our lifetime.  And we will all grieve.......
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:38:51 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2016, 02:38:19 pm »
I choose to argue with no one but I will express my deepest belief(s).

I believe there are supporters of DT who, on some level, have suppressed or repressed doubts about the man.  Serious doubts.  I believe, if nominated, DT will lose the General Election and quite likely reside over a decimation of Congressional elections.  Four years hence, our Supreme Court will be reshaped disastrously (never mind our society).  Some of his supporters will experience buyer's remorse and regret like never before.  Others will live in a world of denial and blame.  That is what I believe will come to pass if he is the nominee. 

Have a great day, All.  They may be numbered.

This is an absolutely outstanding post, Lando.  Thank you for your thoughtful contribution to a very serious discussion.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2016, 02:50:43 pm »
One point to add.  While we are understandably discouraged today (and knew we would be), this is far from over.  Trump will do well for a while in the liberal northeast because he is so liberal, but there is still enough resistance left, and conservatism (Indiana), that this will still go to a contested convention where Cruz' intelligent campaign strategy will come to fruition.

The Wagnerian soprano has not yet sung!   ^-^

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2016, 02:53:07 pm »
One point to add.  While we are understandably discouraged today (and knew we would be), this is far from over.  Trump will do well for a while in the liberal northeast because he is so liberal, but there is still enough resistance left, and conservatism (Indiana), that this will still go to a contested convention where Cruz' intelligent campaign strategy will come to fruition.

Hasn't event begun to warm up!  :patriot:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2016, 02:55:44 pm »

I believe there are supporters of DT who, on some level, have suppressed or repressed doubts about the man.  Serious doubts.  I believe, if nominated, DT will lose the General Election and quite likely reside over a decimation of Congressional elections.  Four years hence, our Supreme Court will be reshaped disastrously (never mind our society).  Some of his supporters will experience buyer's remorse and regret like never before.  Others will live in a world of denial and blame.  That is what I believe will come to pass if he is the nominee. 

You are exactly right. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2016, 02:57:25 pm »

LOL...

John Steinbeck

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2016, 02:59:29 pm »
Hasn't event begun to warm up!  :patriot:

April 19, 2016.  Cruz kick-off rally in Philadelphia:

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 03:21:22 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2016, 03:00:03 pm »
This is an absolutely outstanding post, Lando.  Thank you for your thoughtful contribution to a very serious discussion.

I wish I felt better about receiving such a nice compliment.  But, thank you.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2016, 03:03:11 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2016, 03:11:05 pm »

Well said.  2/3 of the Country views Trump unfavorably.  The average of all recent polls show Hillary winning against Trump by over 9 points.  And yet the more inflammatory he gets, the less favorable he's seen by the Country, but the more excited his followers are.  I don't get it.  But then over the past three days this place has turned into a complete food fight.  No debates left.  It's just who wins the insultathons from thread to thread.  Liberty's Flame...eat your heart out! 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2016, 03:15:30 pm »
Well said.  2/3 of the Country views Trump unfavorably.  The average of all recent polls show Hillary winning against Trump by over 9 points.  And yet the more inflammatory he gets, the less favorable he's seen by the Country, but the more excited his followers are.  I don't get it.  But then over the past three days this place has turned into a complete food fight.  No debates left.  It's just who wins the insultathons from thread to thread.  Liberty's Flame...eat your heart out!

It is quite extraordinary.  At least, to an extent I never imagined.  Almost Shakespearian, isn't it?
John Steinbeck

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2016, 03:19:40 pm »
YOU make me sick to my stomach!

In all candor, I'm a little conflicted here---but I'll simply ask "why?".   :pondering:

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:38:07 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2016, 03:21:01 pm »
LOL...

I'm not sure I understand why all those operatic sopranos are so.... well.......... chubby.

Good breath support requires good muscular control.  Not seein' how they could possibly be that well toned...   :smokin:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2016, 03:23:43 pm »
It is quite extraordinary.  At least, to an extent I never imagined.  Almost Shakespearian, isn't it?

Indeed, especially after the effort of management to return the forum to a modicum of civility toward the members.  But it's been said before, this may just be a microcosm of the GOP.  As has been normal for the Party in the past, there's just not likely to be any rapprochement and time soon and perhaps not even in November.  Unless Hillary is indicted, I see no hope.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2016, 03:25:04 pm »
Yes, yet I cannot tell you whether Trump would be worse or not.  He wouldn't be better, just bad differently.  Trouble ahead.

None of us can tell whether Trump would be worse.  I suspect he will be a lot like Obama.  He's clueless about the Constitution and completely ignorant and incapable of working together with people with whom he disagrees.  In fact, like Obama, he ridicules people with whom he disagrees.

The only thing that will save us from that kind of trouble is if Cruz wins a contested convention.  But then, who knows what kind of violence (cheered on by Trump) will occur if that happens?

Trouble, no matter what, I'm afraid.  Dark days ahead.....

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2016, 03:32:38 pm »
In all candor, I'm a little conflicted here---but I'll simply ask "why?".   :pondering:

Because of your willful blindness and the fact that you insist on living in FANTASY land!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2016, 03:33:29 pm »
Why are opera singers fat:  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06/23/the_odd_body_opera_singers/

Well, that explains why I can't sing opera.  My vocal cords aren't fat enough.  ^-^

(End of hi-jack!)

Bill Cipher

« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2016, 03:38:18 pm »
Because of your willful blindness and the fact that you insist on living in FANTASY land!

Exactly. I stand with Bigun.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2016, 03:39:58 pm »
Exactly. I stand with Bigun.

:beer:  Trump is an Orange Obama!

- J. R. R. Tolkien