Author Topic: Trump Supporters Walk Out of Georgia Delegate Fight After Party Picks Cruz Supporter…’Uproar in the Hall’  (Read 8819 times)

Offline sinkspur

No. Its not meant to rob Trump, its meant to rob any "outsider" candidate of which the Establishment disapproves. Nor is this about getting to 1237 or about whining because someone was outsmarted...its about a process designed to disenfranchise the actual votes cast by actual GOP voters. Or, in some cases, to completely bypass such a vote (and the will of the GOP voters entirely) by having a Byzantine process in which insiders caucus to have THEIR will imposed on GOP voters.

Rules can be just or unjust. Good Nazis followed the rules, for example. So hiding behind "the rules" as if simply being a rule made them just...is little more than a dodge for doing the wrong thing. Someone in this thread was foolish enough to equate such anti-voter rules with the US Constitution...unreal and sad for a host of reasons, not least because it denotes a horrific misunderstanding of what the Constitution is and stands for. Suffice it to say that the Constitution's rules are innately just, while this process is innately unjust...it is, in fact, a manifestation of the corruption that occurs when an entrenched establishment seeks to impose its will over that of the people (the people in this specific case being GOP voters).

What's pathetic, is that there are people here who applaud the disenfranchisement of fellow Republicans and citizens...even admire the crafty way in which the establishment, also known as Ted Cruz, conspires to take representation from them. For shame.

And FYI, nobody thinks caucus goers are Martians. In fact, what they ARE is not an issue at all...they are almost certainly good people. What they are NOT is representative of the will of the greater mass of GOP voters. And that is what matters.

That's all nice, but it's all bullshit. Trump gave away the game when he said, as an aside, "I only complain about those states we didn't win." 

This is a campaign ruse, meant to rile up his emotional supporters, who all think they're being screwed by somebody.  He's playing you for the mark you are.  He didn't even play in Wyoming and Wyoming was EXACTLY like Colorado in the way it chooses delegates.  And he's not bitching (yet) about Wyoming.

So this is just campaign kerfuffle.  Trump is trying to convince you he's standing on principle. 

The sonofabitch has never stood on principle in his life.  Don't be a sucker.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't think the Stupid Party could actually script Hillary Clinton becoming president if they tried.

Cruz went down a lot of notches in my book.  He could stand up and say that the delegates in each district should reflect the will of GOP voters.

I also think it's funny that some people think that Cruz has anything to do with this rigging of delegates.  He's basically a puppet at this point, and if the polling showed Cruz beats Trump without Kasich in the race, then Kasich would be long gone.

In the end, but Trump and Cruz will be screwed over, and Kasich will be the nominee.  Yay Amurrrrrrica!

You Trump supporters argued that Trump was a fantastic businessman because he used the Bankruptcy laws to his advantage. Cruz is using the GOP Primary election laws to his favor and now you are about to have the vapors. Cruz going against the will of the people eh?

Your not adding up one bit.

Offline Frank Cannon

Again, with confusing the Constitution...set up with great justice and foresight in mind...to keep small states relevant in the electoral process. So the voters were not disenfranchised, they were part of a constitutionally sanctioned process for electing a president. Comparing that with the Byzantine process setup by the GOP insiders to protect their power, is truly disgusting...more importantly, they are clearly in no way analogous. The first process being constitutional (by definition) and designed to protect voters, the second meant to override the will of the voters in favor of party insiders.

Get a clue. Up until recently the parties picked their nominees without one word from the "voters". Non of this party activity is covered by the Constitution nor should it be. Parties can run their affairs as they see fit. Don't like it, the Patriot Party seems vacant these days. Take it over and run Primaries to your liking.

Offline Mesaclone

Get a clue. Up until recently the parties picked their nominees without one word from the "voters". Non of this party activity is covered by the Constitution nor should it be. Parties can run their affairs as they see fit. Don't like it, the Patriot Party seems vacant these days. Take it over and run Primaries to your liking.

Nice straw man. I've never asserted party nominations were covered by the Constitution.

What they are covered by...or should be...is a respect for voters, an avoidance of insider "fixing", and a set of rules that wouldn't spin the head of a Byzantine lawyer.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

Some history:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_primary

Thanks, Rat. Its only wikipedia, but it does provide some key information that fully supports what I'm saying. My MA is in history, so I love it when we can discuss these kinds of things in their full context!

Offline sinkspur

Nice straw man. I've never asserted party nominations were covered by the Constitution.

What they are covered by...or should be...is a respect for voters, an avoidance of insider "fixing", and a set of rules that wouldn't spin the head of a Byzantine lawyer.

If Trump was cruising to victory you wouldn't be saying a single word about the GOP primary process.

That's a sure indication this is nothing but a "don't look over there, look over here" maneuver by Trump to distract his gullible followers from the fact he's not going to be the  nominee before the Convention.

Phony hypocrisy by Trump and his supporters.

Offline Mesaclone

If Trump was cruising to victory you wouldn't be saying a single word about the GOP primary process.

That's a sure indication this is nothing but a "don't look over there, look over here" maneuver by Trump to distract his gullible followers from the fact he's not going to be the  nominee before the Convention.

Phony hypocrisy by Trump and his supporters.

So you are taking as a "sure indication"....something that might have happened in an alternate universe. Possibly. Maybe. But of course, you don't really know. But its good enough to be a "sure indicator".

...and from that brilliant string of assumptions about things that have never happened, you conclude hypocrisy is at work. Congrats, that's probably the absolute least rational thing I've ever read on a message board. And I occasionally go to Dailykos for a good laugh, so that's saying something.

Offline Mesaclone

I do not think it supports what you are saying at all.

N. s. Sherlock.

Offline sinkspur

So you are taking as a "sure indication"....something that might have happened in an alternate universe. Possibly. Maybe. But of course, you don't really know. But its good enough to be a "sure indicator".

...and from that brilliant string of assumptions about things that have never happened, you conclude hypocrisy is at work. Congrats, that's probably the absolute least rational thing I've ever read on a message board. And I occasionally go to Dailykos for a good laugh, so that's saying something.

What in hell does this all mean?  Are you drinking?

What I said was that Trump is a hypocrite. He bitches about states he doesn't win through caucuses, but says nothing about WTA rules that let him capture delegates he hasn't won through popular vote.

You're being played by this bastard, friend.  Don't be a sap.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Classy.  Very classy.

'Roll Palin over, she's getting long in tooth,' to paraphrase.

That was disgusting, dude.  How the mods here allow you to still post is a mystery to me.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
'Roll Palin over, she's getting long in tooth,' to paraphrase.

That was disgusting, dude.  How the mods here allow you to still post is a mystery to me.

Pot meet kettle Carling.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:38:27 am by AbaraXas »

Wingnut

I know.  I saw it as a white flag.  What else can a poster do when the facts are lined up against him?

Make a personnel attack.   It is how they roll.

Offline Mesaclone

I know.  I saw it as a white flag.  What else can a poster do when the facts are lined up against him?

I would imagine you know well the answer to that question.

Offline Mesaclone

Make a personnel attack.   It is how they roll.

No sh** Sherlock is hardly a personal "attack". Seriously. Its akin to saying "duh".

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I remember kids saying "no shit sherlock" back when I grew up in the 80's. It was considered cool to swear.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I remember kids saying "no shit sherlock" back when I grew up in the 80's. It was considered cool to swear.

LOL, I still use NSS. :)

Offline Mesaclone

Considering the repeating of LOL's and "Hilarious" ad nauseum...a little NSS is pretty tame.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No shit sherlock...are we now nitpicking...I say that all the time :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

Pot meet kettle Carling.

Hmmm.  I thought I recognized that posting "style".

Bill Cipher

I wonder whose sockpuppet mesaclone is.

Offline sinkspur

Hmmm.  I thought I recognized that posting "style".

Mesaclone is a helluva lot smarter than Carling. I don't think he's Carling. 

Bill Cipher

Mesaclone is a helluva lot smarter than Carling. I don't think he's Carling. 

I think the Carling sockpuppet is AnybodyButaDem

A-Lert

I wonder whose sockpuppet mesaclone is.

You're no different than the kitties at FR!!!!!! :mauslaff:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
You're no different than the kitties at FR!!!!!! :mauslaff:

The mods really need to confiscate that laughing mouse emoji from you. Your use of it is bordering on emotional abuse.