Author Topic: Michelle Fields slams Van Susteren as 'Trump shill'  (Read 2159 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Michelle Fields slams Van Susteren as 'Trump shill'
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2016, 08:01:45 pm »
If you've never had failures in your life, you haven't tried or you haven't lived.

Then I'll give you one thing, Trumps lived for sure!   :laugh:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

A-Lert

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2016, 08:15:03 pm »
Then I'll give you one thing, Trumps lived for sure!   :laugh:

Lived, tried, failed, won, lost, persevered and succeeded to become an envied billionaire.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2016, 08:35:00 pm »
Lived, tried, failed, won, lost, persevered and succeeded to become an envied billionaire.

What we need are more John Kasichs.  Lifelong politician who immediately gets a $1m/year Managing Director get at Lehman Brothers and takes a $500k bonus the year they declare bankruptcy.

That's the kind of business acumen that will put the USA back on top!   :silly:
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2016, 09:40:35 pm »

Then shouldn't George Soros be 2 1/2 times a better president if ultimate wealth is the key to the White House?

A-Lert

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2016, 09:52:54 pm »
Then shouldn't George Soros be 2 1/2 times a better president if ultimate wealth is the key to the White House?

Which GOP candidate isn't wealthy? Why are you using wealth as a measuring device?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2016, 09:59:42 pm »
Which GOP candidate isn't wealthy? Why are you using wealth as a measuring device?

They made Romney's wealth a huge issue in coordination with the Occupy Wall Street protests.  And what is he worth?  $250 million?

Despite Trump's wealth dwarfing Romney's, his celebrity status neuters any attack.  In fact, right out of the gate Trump BRAGGED about how much money he had.

....which also makes sense looking back.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2016, 10:04:56 pm »
They made Romney's wealth a huge issue in coordination with the Occupy Wall Street protests.  And what is he worth?  $250 million?

Despite Trump's wealth dwarfing Romney's, his celebrity status neuters any attack.  In fact, right out of the gate Trump BRAGGED about how much money he had.

....which also makes sense looking back.

Romney should have owned his wealth.

It might not have made a difference, but the reason he was wealthy is that he was successful, and he should have said that there isn't a thing wrong with that.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2016, 10:07:36 pm »
Romney should have owned his wealth.

It might not have made a difference, but the reason he was wealthy is that he was successful, and he should have said that there isn't a thing wrong with that.

He dared not...when the Left's entire meme of the day was "We're the 99%!"

Trump merely says, "....", well, you know what he'd say.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2016, 10:19:30 pm »

Yep.  I do.  :laugh:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2016, 11:18:23 pm »

Actually you did when you said he was an envied billionaire, which I had to assume was your measure of his successes over his failures.  But perhaps it was something else?  :shrug:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2016, 11:35:25 pm »
What we need are more John Kasichs.  Lifelong politician who immediately gets a $1m/year Managing Director get at Lehman Brothers and takes a $500k bonus the year they declare bankruptcy.

That's the kind of business acumen that will put the USA back on top!   :silly:
Before these anti-Trump haters became obsessed with heir dislike of him, they were all in for anti-establishment.

And they would have been highly critical of Kasich's career path, as the epitome of all that is wrong with the revolving door of crony-capitalist, lobbyists, investment bankers-Lehman-Goldman, etc.

From what I read, they will take anybody except Trump and for some that means stating they will vote for Hillary or Sanders.

I will vote the the GOP nominee. I used to claim that FR was screwed up since so many there, could not say that. Now of course they do.

So where is screwed up now? Guess?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

A-Lert

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2016, 11:56:32 pm »
Actually you did when you said he was an envied billionaire, which I had to assume was your measure of his successes over his failures.  But perhaps it was something else?  :shrug:

Actually this is what I posted; "Lived, tried, failed, won, lost, persevered and succeeded to become an envied billionaire." You ignored "Lived, tried, failed, won, lost, persevered and succeeded" .

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2016, 11:57:19 pm »
Before these anti-Trump haters became obsessed with heir dislike of him, they were all in for anti-establishment.

And they would have been highly critical of Kasich's career path, as the epitome of all that is wrong with the revolving door of crony-capitalist, lobbyists, investment bankers-Lehman-Goldman, etc.

From what I read, they will take anybody except Trump and for some that means stating they will vote for Hillary or Sanders.

I will vote the the GOP nominee. I used to claim that FR was screwed up since so many there, could not say that. Now of course they do.

So where is screwed up now? Guess?

The problem is that Trump isn't "anti-establishment."  He's been part of the corrupt system for decades.

Why replace corruption with more corruption?

Online libertybele

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2016, 12:33:51 am »

"Go fly a kite"??   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2016, 01:11:42 am »
Actually this is what I posted; "Lived, tried, failed, won, lost, persevered and succeeded to become an envied billionaire." You ignored "Lived, tried, failed, won, lost, persevered and succeeded" .

Same thing.  Your end result was "succeeded to become an envied billionaire".  It was your measure of success, not mine.  But if ultimate wealth is the measure of success regardless of the number of failures, then why not George Soros who's more than twice as successful?  It's not experience in anything but wealth.  No military, no governorship, certainly no political ideology.  He has insulted just about every known group...if that's a measure.  He's made promises God Himself couldn't keep.  He changes his mind like the weather forecast. 

But he may still be here after July, so guess my standard for leadership is going to be severely challenged as we approach November.  And as some here believe, he may turn out to be a great president.  Expectations and hopes though are frequently at odds.

A-Lert

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2016, 02:08:12 am »
Same thing.  Your end result was "succeeded to become an envied billionaire".  It was your measure of success, not mine.  But if ultimate wealth is the measure of success regardless of the number of failures, then why not George Soros who's more than twice as successful?  It's not experience in anything but wealth.  No military, no governorship, certainly no political ideology.  He has insulted just about every known group...if that's a measure.  He's made promises God Himself couldn't keep.  He changes his mind like the weather forecast. 

But he may still be here after July, so guess my standard for leadership is going to be severely challenged as we approach November.  And as some here believe, he may turn out to be a great president.  Expectations and hopes though are frequently at odds.

No it isn't the same thing. Building successful businesses takes drive,  skill, hard work, luck  and perserverance. Some people make more money than others.  Is that a problem for you? It isn't for me.  If you want George Soros because he is wealthier, go for it. Write him in. Even though he is not a natural born citizen.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2016, 02:24:31 am »
No it isn't the same thing. Building successful businesses takes drive,  skill, hard work, luck  and perserverance. Some people make more money than others.  Is that a problem for you? It isn't for me.  If you want George Soros because he is wealthier, go for it. Write him in. Even though he is not a natural born citizen.

Being a successful neurosurgeon takes the same things.  Doesn't mean he'd necessarily be a good president.  In business, things don't work out, just dump it, or in more serious cases just file for bankruptcy and  move on.  Not quite so simple when the security of the Nation doesn't give you those outs.  As for Soros,  wealth was your measure, not mine.

A-Lert

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2016, 02:30:46 am »
Being a successful neurosurgeon takes the same things.  Doesn't mean he'd necessarily be a good president.  In business, things don't work out, just dump it, or in more serious cases just file for bankruptcy and  move on.  Not quite so simple when the security of the Nation doesn't give you those outs.  As for Soros,  wealth was your measure, not mine.

No they aren't the same.  A neurosurgeon is guaranteed payment for his knowledge and skill. No wealth wasn't and isn't the measure. I can't imagine why you can't comprehend that.  :shrug:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2016, 12:47:53 pm »
No they aren't the same.  A neurosurgeon is guaranteed payment for his knowledge and skill. No wealth wasn't and isn't the measure. I can't imagine why you can't comprehend that.  :shrug:

If Trump's success isn't measured in wealth as he touts, then what is your measure of that man's success that qualifies him for the office of presidency?  This was how you described that success:  Lived, tried, failed, won, lost, persevered and succeeded to become an envied billionaire.   I maintain that Doctor Carson also lived, tried, failed, won, lost, persevered and succeeded to become an envied neurosurgeon.  I can see the successes of Carson in saving and repairing lives.  That's how I would measure his success.  Unlike Trump though, Carson can't just walk away from the operating table if things get dicey.   I can also see his conservative ideology, which isn't a game to him, as it appears to be with Trump.  Yet I don't see him sitting in the Oval Office any more than I can see Trump there. 

So I'll just go back to what I said that started this little discussion about Trump's enviable wealth comment: 

Vote for me...I've got more successes than failures...?  Hmmm.   :whistle: 

A-Lert

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2016, 05:23:09 pm »
If Trump's success isn't measured in wealth as he touts, then what is your measure of that man's success that qualifies him for the office of presidency?  This was how you described that success:  Lived, tried, failed, won, lost, persevered and succeeded to become an envied billionaire.   I maintain that Doctor Carson also lived, tried, failed, won, lost, persevered and succeeded to become an envied neurosurgeon.  I can see the successes of Carson in saving and repairing lives.  That's how I would measure his success.  Unlike Trump though, Carson can't just walk away from the operating table if things get dicey.   I can also see his conservative ideology, which isn't a game to him, as it appears to be with Trump.  Yet I don't see him sitting in the Oval Office any more than I can see Trump there. 

So I'll just go back to what I said that started this little discussion about Trump's enviable wealth comment: 

Vote for me...I've got more successes than failures...?  Hmmm.   :whistle:

Trump employs 22,000 people. He is a CEO.  Is that your idea of failure? You apparently want the SOS and politicians that have created the $19 trillion debt. I've had enough of the SOS.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2016, 06:33:41 pm »
Trump employs 22,000 people. He is a CEO.  Is that your idea of failure? You apparently want the SOS and politicians that have created the $19 trillion debt. I've had enough of the SOS.

Lots of CEOs I wouldn't want to send to the White House.  AS for the debt, Mr. Trump's tax cut plans will cut out $10 trillion of revenues over ten years, with only generalities about how that's going to cut the debt.   And since you've been so concerned about civility and personal shots, please don't tell me about who I want to see elected.  Thank you in advance.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2016, 06:50:37 pm »
Lots of CEOs I wouldn't want to send to the White House.  AS for the debt, Mr. Trump's tax cut plans will cut out $10 trillion of revenues over ten years, with only generalities about how that's going to cut the debt.   And since you've been so concerned about civility and personal shots, please don't tell me about who I want to see elected.  Thank you in advance.

You're a very patient man, MAC.   :patriot:

A-Lert

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2016, 07:06:09 pm »

There are thousands of politicians  and  lawyers that I wouldn't want to send to the White House.

Well, you don't want a successful businessman to be the GOP nominee, and since the others are politicians I'm left with no alternative but to assume that's your preference.

So what is your source claiming tax cuts will cut out $10 trillion in "revenues" over 10 years.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2016, 07:15:28 pm »
You're a very patient man, MAC.   :patriot:

:beer:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2016, 07:18:28 pm »

goopo