Author Topic: Michelle Fields slams Van Susteren as 'Trump shill'  (Read 2160 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michelle Fields slams Van Susteren as 'Trump shill'
« on: April 14, 2016, 01:48:41 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/fields-slams-van-susteren-as-trump-shill-221930

Michelle Fields slams Van Susteren as 'Trump shill'

By Nick Gass

04/14/16 06:51 AM EDT

Former Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields accused Greta Van Susteren of being a "shill" for Donald Trump's campaign late Wednesday evening, after the Fox News anchor urged Fields not to bring a civil defamation lawsuit against either Trump or campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, who last month was charged with misdemeanor battery for a run-in following a campaign event in Florida last month.

Earlier Wednesday, POLITICO reported that a Florida prosecutor has decided not to prosecute Lewandowski and will announce the decision later Thursday afternoon.

By Wednesday evening, TheBlaze reported that Fields said she was looking to sue both the candidate and his campaign manager for defaming her character throughout the episode. Lewandowski tweeted that Fields was "delusional" with her account of events, while Trump himself questioned whether the bruises on Fields' arm came from the alleged grabbing incident at his golf club.

"Anyone encouraging Michelle Fields to bring a civil law suit is not doing her a favor," Van Susteren wrote in a post on her website. "She does not want to take the stand in a civil case, subject to rigorous cross examination, that is likely to be on television to discuss a case that the DA won’t prosecute because he does not believe the evidence shows assault. Yes, the burden of proof is less in a civil case, but she is just not going to win and it will be expensive and a heartache."

Van Susteren added, "Anyone encouraging this young woman to bring a lawsuit is irresponsible to her."

Fields fired back on Twitter, writing, "I think I'll pass on getting legal advice from a Trump shill. Thanks tho."

Responding to this article on Twitter, Van Susteren, a former lawyer, tweeted Thursday morning, "this is silly-I relied on years of experience in court system,she relies on name calling :)"

Lewandowski has stayed on the Trump campaign despite the incident, though his role has begun to diminish as the campaign grows and the calendar gets closer to the July convention. Convention veteran Paul Manafort recently joined the Trump campaign, and on Wednesday, the campaign announced that it had hired former Scott Walker campaign manager Rick Wiley as political director.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Michelle Fields slams Van Susteren as 'Trump shill'
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 02:07:39 pm »
Greta looks like she just got punched in the face. I cannot stand her.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 02:19:28 pm »
Greta is a Trump shill, as is Hannity. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 04:02:28 pm »
I don't think I've watched more than 10 minutes of her show.   I try to watch "Special Report" with Brett Baier nightly and if Greta's show is still on my TV it is because I'm making dinner or otherwise occupied.

Her interviewing style is so disjointed and frivolous.  She never follows up, she peppers her questions with editorializing and she has a face with an expression that seems frozen.   Her mouth moves like the puppets in "Davey and Goliath" or "Clutch Cargo".

The influential opinion shapers at FNC are Neil Cavuto, Brett Baier and Megyn Kelly.   And, the great reporters like Catherine Herridge, Carl Cameron, Ed Henry, Jennifer Griffen et al.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 04:03:49 pm by ArneFufkin »

Bill Cipher

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 04:09:27 pm »
True.

Here are some fun facts about Trump that I dare Greta to talk about:

Those were all shrewd business moves, dontcha know.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 04:10:28 pm »
Maybe Trump'll get the US out of debt by having the entire country declare bankruptcy.  That'd be shrewd business move too, wouldn't it?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 04:10:47 pm »
Greta, while clearly in error in her support for Trump, isn't a bad person.  She works with Franklin Graham to raise money for Samaritan's Purse; one of the best Christian charities in existence.

She's one of the good guys.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 04:11:31 pm »
True.

Don't forget the "USFL".

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 04:18:15 pm »
Thanks for that info.  I didn't know that.

If you go to Samaritan's Purse donation options, you can see "Greta Home and Academy."  They provide school supplies, educational materials and food to needy kids.  Good stuff.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 04:24:05 pm »
Very cool.  Good for her.

That's why I think her Trump thing is temporary insanity.  She'll come around, methinks........  ^-^

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 04:26:25 pm »
Maybe Trump'll get the US out of debt by having the entire country declare bankruptcy.  That'd be shrewd business move too, wouldn't it?

When you've personally stiffed lenders in your business career for $5 billion with no repercussions, why wouldn't you think that a $19 trillion bankruptcy would be "HE-EE-EE-YOOOOOOGE"?

Zeros are something other people worry about. 

Offline Millee

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 04:29:54 pm »
That's why I think her Trump thing is temporary insanity.  She'll come around, methinks........  ^-^

Isn't she a Scientologist??  That's some built-in crazy right there, she might not come around.   :shrug:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 04:34:49 pm »
Isn't she a Scientologist??  That's some built-in crazy right there, she might not come around.   :shrug:

Come to think of it, maybe she is.

Yeah..................... she might not come around after all.............   

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 06:47:15 pm »
Trump is like a mob boss:

Ari MelberVerified account
‏@AriMelber
Prosecutor: Trump personally called and spoke with several people in our office, told his story and urged us "to do the right thing."

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 06:49:21 pm »
More cretinous behavior from a Trump flack:

Lewandowski's lawyer says a defamation claim isn't a good idea for Michelle Fields because "it opens up a large door to her past."

A-Lert

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2016, 06:57:54 pm »
Ms. Fields, the serial liar, false accuser, hoaxer, your 10 minutes of fame is coming to an end.

A-Lert

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 07:01:50 pm »
True.

Or just talk about the successful businesses that have made him an envied billionaire.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 07:07:04 pm »
Or just talk about the successful businesses that have made him an envied billionaire.

Vote for me...I've got more successes than failures...?  Hmmm.   :whistle:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 07:12:14 pm »
Greta is a Trump shill, as is Hannity.

What happened to Hannity.  He is gushing like Chrissy Matthews over a bodily fluid leak.

A-Lert

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 07:14:54 pm »
Vote for me...I've got more successes than failures...?  Hmmm.   :whistle:

If you've never had failures in your life, you haven't tried or you haven't lived.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2016, 07:17:09 pm »
What happened to Hannity.  He is gushing like Chrissy Matthews over a bodily fluid leak.

Hannity interviewed Trump 41 times and never made a single bit of news in any of those interviews.  Matthews interviews Trump once, backs him into a corner, and dominates the news cycle for 48 hours.

A-Lert

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 07:20:19 pm »
Greta looks like she just got punched in the face. I cannot stand her.

I'm sure she is heartbroken!

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2016, 07:23:50 pm »
More cretinous behavior from a Trump flack:

Lewandowski's lawyer says a defamation claim isn't a good idea for Michelle Fields because "it opens up a large door to her past."

Stating the truth is "cretinous behavior?"

Last night you were saying discovery wouldn't be good for Lewindowsky.  Was that "cretinous behavior" by you?
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2016, 07:25:42 pm »
Stating the truth is "cretinous behavior?"

Last night you were saying discovery wouldn't be good for Lewindowsky.  Was that "cretinous behavior" by you?

Lewandowski's lawyer using the same threat made by sex offenders.  None of the Trump people have any class.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2016, 07:31:46 pm »
Lewandowski's lawyer using the same threat made by sex offenders.  None of the Trump people have any class.

So you're saying you also think like a sex offender, since you brought up how bad discovery would be for Corey just last night?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:34:12 pm by AnybodyButaDemocrat »
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?