Author Topic: Donald Trump is now the least popular American politician in three decades  (Read 486 times)

cuky

Donald Trump is now the least popular American politician in three decades

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trump-unpopularity-20160401-story.html

For months, as Donald Trump lurched from controversy to controversy, commentators marveled that his voters remained loyal: Trump is impervious to political attack, some said. Not so. Trump wasn't immune; analysts were just failing to look at the whole board.
Trump’s image, which was poor even before he ran for president, has plunged to an unequaled low. Among scores of major political figures measured in polls over the last 30 years, Trump’s numbers are the worst.

he would be the most unpopular nominee in the history of U.S. opinion surveys, veteran Democratic pollster Peter Hart said in an email. “By a lot,” he added.

The share of Americans with an unfavorable view of Trump is extraordinary: 68% in the most recent Bloomberg poll, 67% in the CNN/ORC survey, 67% in the ABC/Washington Post poll, 65% from Gallup.

In 1975, a year after his resignation during the Watergate scandal, Gallup found that 71% of Americans gave Nixon an unfavorable rating.

Among all women, 70% have a negative view of Trump, while among men, 58% do. On the flip side, 23% of women and 36% of men view Trump positively, Gallup found.

Credit to Once-Ler for bringing this article to my attention.  :patriot:

Offline Frank Cannon

If those numbers are even remotely close to correct that is devastating.

A-Lert

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/ted-cruz-favorable-rating

Cruz unfavorable rating has increased to 57% and he's barely noticeable in the media.

Offline Frenchfrye

Italy Had a Donald Trump (deal-maker, billionaire, lover & highly corrupted, saying one thing and then its very opposite)
he was called Silvio Berlusconi. And won every elections until bankrupt of the country.

Big business is a plague for conservatives, deluding good people and exciting the bitterness of the worse.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 09:42:18 am by Frenchfrye »
Being a French conservative is not a choice, it's heaven's curse or bless, who knows.
Sorry for the orthograph i am not US citizen nor english native speaker.

“I am a Conservative to preserve all that is good in our constitution, a Radical to remove all that is bad. I seek to preserve property and to respect order, and I equally decry the appeal to the passions of the many or the prejudices of the few.” Benjamin Disraeli

Offline NavyCanDo

Italy Had a Donald Trump (deal-maker, billionaire, lover & highly corrupted, saying one thing and then its very opposite)
he was called Silvio Berlusconi. And won every elections until bankrupt of the country.

Big business is a plague for conservatives, deluding good people and exciting the bitterness of the worse.

Welcome to the Forum, and a social studies lesson from another part of the world, of what damage a populist can do.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HonestJohn

Welcome, welcome!

I think that conservatives who think this fail to realize that a country is not a company... and that a President can't fire Congress, the Judicial branch, or the voters.  Quite the opposite, in fact.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

:amen:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.