Author Topic: Rand Paul will back Trump if he is nominee  (Read 475 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rand Paul will back Trump if he is nominee
« on: April 02, 2016, 03:36:04 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/rand-paul-back-trump-nominee-221463

Rand Paul will back Trump if he is nominee

By Nick Gass

04/01/16 11:37 AM EDT

It may be April 1, but apparently Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is not joking about supporting Donald Trump for the Republican nomination if — if — he emerges as the party's nominee in the general election.

Paul said Friday morning that he would support whoever is named the Republican nominee, even if it's Trump, telling a Cincinnati Enquirer reporter during a visit to the metro area in Kentucky that backing the Manhattan businessman would be better than going for Hillary Clinton. The senator, according to the report, specifically criticized Clinton's comments in Ohio that she would "put a whole lot of companies and coal miners out of business."

"I think we never get the candidate we exactly want unless you're the candidate," Paul said. "Think about it from this perspective: I'm from Kentucky, and Hillary Clinton recently said she would put coal miners out of business, and she would put coal companies out of business."

His father, Ron Paul, meanwhile, has said he would not support Trump as the nominee.

Rand Paul also said he would not endorse anyone in the Republican primary, though on Thursday he did tease out a "YUGE" endorsement announcement for the next day on Twitter.

As it turned out, Paul was not endorsing Trump or any other candidate, but rather "entropy."

Dr. Rand Paul

‎@RandPaul

Yes Twitter, I am just celebrating #AprilFools #endorsingentropy.
7:04 AM - 1 Apr 2016

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Rand Paul will back Trump if he is nominee
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 03:39:05 pm »
    Dr. Rand Paul
    ✔
    ‎@RandPaul

Yes Twitter, I am just celebrating #AprilFools #endorsingentropy.
    7:04 AM - 1 Apr 2016

LOL, I didn't post it yesterday because I couldn't tell if it was an April Fool's joke. Guess it was.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 03:41:17 pm »
Good luck with that, Rand.

Rump has Tweet-attacked Megyn Kelly twice in 24 hours. The man is clearly unhinged. Have fun defending that garbage for the next 6 months.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:41:33 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 03:51:30 pm »
Good luck with that, Rand.

Rump has Tweet-attacked Megyn Kelly twice in 24 hours. The man is clearly unhinged. Have fun defending that garbage for the next 6 months.

Read the article to the end... please!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 03:54:45 pm »
Read the article to the end... please!

Sorry i was confused. I did see the April Fools joke, I just figured maybe he was really going to support the Rump.

^-^

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 04:00:17 pm »
Sorry i was confused. I did see the April Fools joke, I just figured maybe he was really going to support the Rump.

^-^

No problem.

^-^