Author Topic: POLITICS Kasich: ‘Maybe Ted Ought to Get Out’ of GOP Race  (Read 2045 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/20/kasich-maybe-ted-ought-to-get-out-of-gop-race/

Republican presidential candidate John Kasich appeared on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday. During the interview, Kasich suggested to host Chuck Todd that rival Ted Cruz should drop out of the GOP race.

“Maybe Ted ought to get out because he can’t win in the fall,” the Ohio governor said.

“Maybe these people that are hot on that ought to tell him to do it. You know, they tried to tell me to get out of the race how many times, Chuck?” he asked Todd. “And now they should be thanking me for staying in because if Trump did win Ohio it would have been over.”

“If you thought your candidacy were helping Donald Trump, not hurting him, would you get out?” Todd asked.

“Chuck, I’m running for president — this isn’t a parlor game of who gets this and who gets that,” Kasich responded.

Todd challenged Kasich’s claims, saying that by recognizing a convention as his only path to the presidency, the Ohio governor is engaging in “the ultimate parlor game.”

Kasich proceded to compare his decision to stay in the race to former president Ronald Reagan, mentioning the speech Reagan gave at the 1976 Republican National Convention:

“I was there in ’76 when Reagan challenged the sitting president,” Kasich said. “They didn’t like him doing it either, but you know, his vision and his message mattered.”

---------

John you've won one state. You have a third of Cruz's delegates. Your only justification are polls that you could beat Hillary, 9 months out from the election.

Kasich is in this for ego and nothing else.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

Re: POLITICS Kasich: ‘Maybe Ted Ought to Get Out’ of GOP Race
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 08:41:21 pm »
Kasich was on every show this morning; Cruz was nowhere to be found.

Kasich is so unmoored from reality, it's really kinda sad.  He has no chance at wining the nomination yet he continues in his delusion.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 08:49:31 pm »

Kasich is so unmoored from reality, it's really kinda sad.  He has no chance at wining the nomination yet he continues in his delusion.

Agree and it's hard not to take him as a narcissist at the point. I support Cruz but if places were switched it'd be time for him to get out.

Thought it was good for Kasich and Rubio to stay in till the 15th to see what they had, but they fizzled. Time for Kasich to man up and keep his self respect like Rubio did and do the right thing.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 09:02:16 pm »
He has no chance.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 09:36:03 pm »
Kasich been huffing paint again?  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 09:49:13 pm »

The morning shows are for the consumption of the beltway class. He was trying to tell them to keep supporting him, but that horse left the stable last week. He is out of his mind on many levels.

A-Lert

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 09:55:30 pm »
This is just too funny. Is Kasich a partaker of mind altering substances? He aappears  to be as crazy as the anti-Trumps.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 11:17:25 pm »
This is just too funny. Is Kasich a partaker of mind altering substances? He aappears  to be as crazy as the anti-Trumps.
Or the pro-Trumps, take your pick.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

A-Lert

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 11:28:59 pm »
Or the pro-Trumps, take your pick.

The anti-Trumps are irrational and crazy. Evidence is legion right on this forum. Now Kasich has joined the looney tunes.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 11:35:22 pm »
The anti-Trumps are irrational and crazy. Evidence is legion right on this forum. Now Kasich has joined the looney tunes.
But if I said Trump supporters are irrational and crazy, you'd pitch a hissy fit (despite the mountain of evidence "right on this forum').

Given your caustic and critical statements, why would any Republican want to vote for your guy? All you do is insult anyone who hasn't already sworn allegiance to him. It's a two-way street, pal. Until recently, I thought we all were on the same side. Now ... not so sure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

A-Lert

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 12:13:16 am »
But if I said Trump supporters are irrational and crazy, you'd pitch a hissy fit (despite the mountain of evidence "right on this forum').

Given your caustic and critical statements, why would any Republican want to vote for your guy? All you do is insult anyone who hasn't already sworn allegiance to him. It's a two-way street, pal. Until recently, I thought we all were on the same side. Now ... not so sure.

It's already been stated here that Trump supporters are anything from fascists to  bigots and worse. That is irrational. What do you call anti-Trumps that hurl the fascist, bigot, dupes, shills, suckers insults? The two way street got closed by the anti-Trumps. I didn't start the obnoxious insults and I don't intend to take them.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 12:20:40 am »
Kasich been huffing paint again?  :shrug:

:silly:

Or glue.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 12:24:20 am »
It's already been stated here that Trump supporters are anything from fascists to  bigots and worse. That is irrational. What do you call anti-Trumps that hurl the fascist, bigot, dupes, shills, suckers insults? The two way street got closed by the anti-Trumps. I didn't start the obnoxious insults and I don't intend to take them.

All you do is whine.  Whine about what's said about Trump supporters, whine about what's said about Trump, whine that the 63% who don't support Trump are trying to take the nomination away from him.

It would really help if, once in a while, you'd engage in an intelligent discussion or response to an article, or put up an article yourself. Now, I fully expect some sort of invective in return from you, which is your usual MO.

Surprise me.  Respond with something intelligent.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 12:24:56 am by sinkspur »

A-Lert

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 12:35:37 am »
All you do is whine.  Whine about what's said about Trump supporters, whine about what's said about Trump, whine that the 63% who don't support Trump are trying to take the nomination away from him.

It would really help if, once in a while, you'd engage in an intelligent discussion or response to an article, or put up an article yourself. Now, I fully expect some sort of invective in return from you, which is your usual MO.

Surprise me.  Respond with something intelligent.

What is intelligent about calling posters derogatory names like you do?  Intelligence is not responding in kind.  :seeya:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 12:42:07 am »
What is intelligent about calling posters derogatory names like you do?  Intelligence is not responding in kind.  :seeya:

I knew you couldn't do it.  Well, I tried.

I do not call posters derogatory names. That's your forte.  Trump supporters are so thin-skinned that if an article takes a shot at Trump, they so identify with him, they think it's taking  a shot at them.

Sorry. That comes with the territory, friend.  You want to support Trump, you get to carry his baggage.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 12:44:30 am »

Sinkspur doesn't call posters derogatory names.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 12:58:41 am »
Not any more.  :0001:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 01:10:05 am »
.. Your only justification are polls that you could beat Hillary, 9 months out from the election.

That's a pretty doggone good reason.  Especially if the other two choices are likely to lose in the fall.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 01:33:27 am »
Frank Cannon observed:
"The morning shows are for the consumption of the beltway class..."

That's why I wouldn't waste two minutes watching them.

Lots of talkin' with nuthin' to say!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 01:54:50 am »
That's a pretty doggone good reason.  Especially if the other two choices are likely to lose in the fall.
Fair point, but is Kasich going to win another primary?  I don't see him winning a brokered convention.

I like Kasich as a Presidential candidate.  I like Governors as Presidential candidates.  I like experienced executives as Presidential candidates.  He was in my top 5 at the start of this rodeo and I would vote for him in November but I don't see him as viable now.

Do you think he should stay in the race still?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 01:15:10 pm »
Fair point, but is Kasich going to win another primary?  I don't see him winning a brokered convention.

I like Kasich as a Presidential candidate.  I like Governors as Presidential candidates.  I like experienced executives as Presidential candidates.  He was in my top 5 at the start of this rodeo and I would vote for him in November but I don't see him as viable now.

Do you think he should stay in the race still?

That's the $64,000 question.   The big goal for me is to deny Trump the nomination.   If either Cruz or Kasich is the nominee,  I can support him.   The argument for Kasich staying in is that he may be able to defeat Trump in certain blue states that Cruz wouldn't be competitive in.    The argument for him getting out is that he may deny Cruz a majority in certain states that perhaps he'd otherwise get.  I'm not sure I accept the logic of that yet -  I can support Cruz but for a lot of my GOP friends,  Cruz is too extreme, especially with his call (just like Trump)  to deport 11 million illegals.       

But at this point, on balance, I'd like to see him stay in.   I think he helps to bring about a brokered convention, and that's the goal as far as I'm concerned.  If we can get to that point,  Kasich presents one huge argument in his favor - he's the compromise candidate that can win in the fall.    Electability has been underrated in this election cycle, as both parties rush to nominate candidates that, let's face it, are disliked and distrusted by large swaths of the electorate.     
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:18:07 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 04:03:06 am »
That's the $64,000 question.   The big goal for me is to deny Trump the nomination.   If either Cruz or Kasich is the nominee,  I can support him.   The argument for Kasich staying in is that he may be able to defeat Trump in certain blue states that Cruz wouldn't be competitive in.    The argument for him getting out is that he may deny Cruz a majority in certain states that perhaps he'd otherwise get.  I'm not sure I accept the logic of that yet -  I can support Cruz but for a lot of my GOP friends,  Cruz is too extreme, especially with his call (just like Trump)  to deport 11 million illegals.       

But at this point, on balance, I'd like to see him stay in.   I think he helps to bring about a brokered convention, and that's the goal as far as I'm concerned.  If we can get to that point,  Kasich presents one huge argument in his favor - he's the compromise candidate that can win in the fall.    Electability has been underrated in this election cycle, as both parties rush to nominate candidates that, let's face it, are disliked and distrusted by large swaths of the electorate.   

I can't fault your logic. :beer:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 04:58:25 am »

Oddly enough, Cruz ties Hillary in the last poll I saw. Ted Cruz! Not some RINO at all! These are very favorable GOP conditions this year.

Trump loses by double digits to her.

And yet which candidate are we going with? Trump is the direct end result of years of talk radio brainwashing, and now chickens have come home to roost.

I predict GOP loses the President, and both houses of Congress if Trump wins the nomination. And of course the USSC.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:01:24 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

A-Lert

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 05:07:33 am »
I predict Trump will win the nomination and beat Hillary if she is the demonrat candidate. Chances are she won't be around come November.

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 05:20:14 am »
I predict Trump will win the nomination and beat Hillary if she is the demonrat candidate. Chances are she won't be around come November.

The only good thing about a Trump/Hitlery race is that at least one of them will lose.  I predict I will have another drink.