Author Topic: Trump: If GOP Takes My Nomination, Supporters Won't Vote  (Read 4848 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: If GOP Takes My Nomination, Supporters Won't Vote
« on: March 20, 2016, 05:48:34 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=719980

Newsmax
Trump: If GOP Takes My Nomination, Supporters Won't Vote
Sunday, March 20, 2016 10:57 AM

By: Greg Richter

Donald Trump says a lot of his supporters are first-time voters who will feel disenfranchised if they think the Republican presidential nomination has been stolen from him.

And if that happens, he told ABC's "This Week"  on Sunday, they won't vote in November.

"We do have some people that have never voted before," Trump said. "I don't know what's going to happen. You'll have a lot of very unhappy people. I think for the Republicans to disenfranchise all those people. If that happens, they're not voting. And the Republicans lose."

Trump earlier predicted riots if he gets to the convention with the largest delegate count, but is denied the nomination in a contested convention.

He said Sunday he would urge his followers not to riot if he loses the nomination fair and square.

"You know, look, these people are fervent," he said. "They want to see positive things happen for our country. I would certainly say that. I don't want to see riots. I don't want to see problems."

Trump said talk by some Republicans of running a third-party candidate if he does win the nomination will only turn the presidency over to the Democrats. And that will result in four or five "super liberal" justices on the Supreme Court.

"Our country will never, ever will be same," he said.

Trump said he wasn't questioning Mitt Romney's religion in a recent statement asking Utah voters if the 2012 nominee who has come out against him was really a Mormon.

"I said it in a joking way," Trump said, adding that "The Mormons are very smart people. I don't think Mitt Romney is a smart person. I never have thought he was a smart person."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump: If GOP Takes My Nomination, Supporters Won't Vote
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 05:50:40 pm »
Guess what, Trump?  You win the nomination and 30% of Republicans won't vote for you.  You lose.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 07:21:17 pm »
Donald Trump says a lot of his supporters are first-time voters who will feel disenfranchised if they think the Republican presidential nomination has been stolen from him.
I will feel disenfranchised if Trump is the nominee.  I've been voting GOP since 1990.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 07:25:41 pm »
He bitches about the party consolidating behind him even if he only wins a plurality of delegates, but threatens that if he is not the nominee his supporters will walk. Makes sense to me.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 07:43:38 pm »
You have yet to earn the nomination Mr. Trump.

The magic number is 1,237.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 07:51:11 pm »
Dems are used to coronations.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

A-Lert

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 07:59:04 pm »
"Donald Trump says a lot of his supporters are first-time voters who will feel disenfranchised if they think the Republican presidential nomination has been stolen from him."

I would have to agree.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 09:33:28 pm »
He bitches about the party consolidating behind him even if he only wins a plurality of delegates, but threatens that if he is not the nominee his supporters will walk. Makes sense to me.

When I read that it looks like he is so unsure of himself that he has to make threats.  That's Trump threats and insults.  The whole of his campaign.  I would never vote for him.  Not for any reason ever.  Oh and he mentioned what he said about Mitt.  Yeah he is worried he only brought in 11% of the caucus.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:34:25 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 10:02:58 pm »
When I read that it looks like he is so unsure of himself that he has to make threats.  That's Trump threats and insults.  The whole of his campaign.  I would never vote for him.  Not for any reason ever.  Oh and he mentioned what he said about Mitt.  Yeah he is worried he only brought in 11% of the caucus.

You are totally lacking in reading comprehension. You see only that that you want to believe.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 10:12:17 pm »
"Donald Trump says a lot of his supporters are first-time voters who will feel disenfranchised if they think the Republican presidential nomination has been stolen from him."

I would have to agree.

Then I would say they aren't Mormon.  If they were Mormon they would be smart enough to know that if you don't win then you don't get the nomination.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 11:16:50 pm »
Donald Trump says a lot of his supporters are first-time voters
Why? Where the heck have these people been?

Are these the ones that might be termed low-information voters?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

A-Lert

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 11:23:04 pm »

They are the people who have been disenfranchised for years.

Low-information voters support Bernie or Hillary.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 11:27:18 pm »

He claims these people are in their 50's 60's and 70's too. They are the definition of low info if they could find a polling booth in 50 years yet are complaining now that things are bad. Just where were these dumb idiots prior to now?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2016, 11:27:34 pm »
They're first-time voters. That seems to indicate they've never bothered to educate themselves about anything. Sounds like low-information to me.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2016, 11:29:10 pm »

Disenfranchised eh? Just who took their right to vote away? Are they all felons?

A-Lert

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 11:34:00 pm »
Disenfranchised eh? Just who took their right to vote away? Are they all felons?

Who is taking the vote away from all the anti-Trumps who have stated they will not vote this November if Trump is the nominee????????????????? Are the anti-Trumps all felons or looney tunes?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 11:36:59 pm »
Who is taking the vote away from all the anti-Trumps who have stated they will not vote this November if Trump is the nominee????????????????? Are the anti-Trumps all felons or looney tunes?
You claimed Trump supporters were disenfranchised. Now it's the people who don't like Trump who are disenfranchised? Try to focus, please.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 11:53:09 pm »

You know very well these 50 year olds, voting for the first time, have been lazy asses, uninterested in politics.  They're still uninterested in politics, but have come to see the show.  Donald Trump is the show and it gives them something to do and be excited about.  Like WWE. 

Anti-Trumps who say they won't vote for Trump will surely vote in all the down-ballot races.  Just not for Trump.  I assure you, they're not loony tunes or here for the show.

A-Lert

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 12:04:35 am »
You know very well these 50 year olds, voting for the first time, have been lazy asses, uninterested in politics.  They're still uninterested in politics, but have come to see the show.  Donald Trump is the show and it gives them something to do and be excited about.  Like WWE. 

Anti-Trumps who say they won't vote for Trump will surely vote in all the down-ballot races.  Just not for Trump.  I assure you, they're not loony tunes or here for the show.

I wouldn't take your word for anything. The anti-Trumps are indeed the looney tune show.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 12:08:38 am »

Low-information voters support Bernie or Hillary.

You mean somebody has been preventing them from going to a polling place and casting a vote?  No, I didn't think so.  If they've been disenfranchised, they did it to themselves.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 12:09:00 am »
I wouldn't take your word for anything. The anti-Trumps are indeed the looney tune show.

:bigsilly:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 12:10:42 am »

Wow.  None of those republicans has claimed that they're being disenfranchised, they've stated that they will not exercise their franchise in favor of Trump.  The franchise is the right to vote.  One is disenfranchised when one is denied the ability to vote.  The fact that one chooses not to vote does not mean that person has been disenfranchised.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2016, 12:14:33 am »
Wow.  None of those republicans has claimed that they're being disenfranchised, they've stated that they will not exercise their franchise in favor of Trump.  The franchise is the right to vote.  One is disenfranchised when one is denied the ability to vote.  The fact that one chooses not to vote does not mean that person has been disenfranchised.

Better draw a picture.  Not sure your explanation will be understood.  Remember, Trump has to use 5th grade grammar to speak to his people.

A-Lert

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2016, 12:22:46 am »

1. disenfranchised (adj.)

Synonyms:

voiceless

A-Lert

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2016, 12:24:11 am »
Better draw a picture.  Not sure your explanation will be understood.  Remember, Trump has to use 5th grade grammar to speak to his people.

1. disenfranchised (adj.)

88finger point
Synonyms:

voiceless