Author Topic: When Trump Fought the Racists  (Read 2040 times)

Offline aligncare

When Trump Fought the Racists
« on: March 18, 2016, 03:16:57 pm »
Donald Trump sued Palm Beach to allow blacks and Jews in the country club he purchased:

When Trump Fought the Racists

And so the cry went up.

“Trump is a racist!” was the mocking cry from an off-stage Larry David when Trump recently hosted Saturday Night Live. The David bit was designed to make fun not of Trump but Trump’s critics. In this case a left-wing group calling itself deportracism.com which, without the slightest sense of irony, put together a thoroughly racist ad having children spewing obscenities as they proclaimed their allegiance not to America and its ideals but rather to their race. A chilling reminder of all those fresh-faced young Germans of long ago pledging allegiance to their Aryan race.

All of this is already old news. But there is a much older “old news” story about Trump that has now resurfaced — a story that paints a highly accurate portrait of the real Donald Trump — the guy who has no time for racism and anti-Semitism and stood up in public to fight both.

The story, linked by a group calling itself Zionists for Trump, was published in the Wall Street Journal — in 1997. It revolves around Trump’s purchase and operation of the famous Mar-a-Largo estate, built in the 1920s by Post Cereal heiress Marjorie Merriweather Post. Trump had recently purchased the sprawling, seaside estate and turned it into a club. This being located in upscale Palm Beach, Florida, there were other prestigious clubs in the area, clubs that catered to the old order of upper crust Palm Beach society. The problem? Quietly, these other clubs had long barred Jews and African Americans — which is to say they practiced a quiet but steely racism.

The Zionists for Trump headline:

How Trump Fought Antisemitism and Racism in Palm Beach Two Decades Ago

The WSJ story that is linked focuses on the battles Trump faced as a new arrival to Palm Beach, including his new competition with the social clubs of the old order. The story, which quotes Abe Foxman, the longtime head of the Anti-Defamation League, says, in part, the following:

Read more:

http://spectator.org/articles/64643/when-trump-fought-racists

Offline aligncare

Re: When Trump Fought the Racists
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 03:19:03 pm »

Look it up, folks. This is real news, not the hysterical anti-Trump headlines posted by AbaraXas.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 03:20:44 pm »
Look it up, folks. This is real news, not the hysterical anti-Trump headlines posted by AbaraXas.

Took the words I was thinking The UNIPARTY members will say post the link and look it up because that cannot be true. They are so predictable! :silly:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 03:33:28 pm »
I had heard that before ac.  I've gotten to the point where I look at who is posting an article - and many times don't even bother to read it because the sources used are usually extreme bias sources found to be misleading - at best - and lying at worst.

A lot of leftists use this strategy successfully - repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 03:41:15 pm »
http://www.businessinsider.com/cnn-anchor-jake-tapper-donald-trump-david-duke-kkk-2016-2

On his Sunday show, Tapper continued to press Trump on the subject.

"Even if you don't know about their endorsement, there are these groups and individuals endorsing you. Would you just say unequivocally that you condemn them and you don't want their support?" he asked Trump.

But Trump again insisted again he didn't know about Duke:

I have to look at the group. I mean, I don't know what group you're talking about. You wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. I have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them. And certainly I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong.

"The Ku Klux Klan?" Tapper interjected.

Trump continued his answer without addressing the KKK.

"You may have groups in there that are totally fine and it would be very unfair. So give me a list of the groups, and I'll let you know," he told Tapper.

Tapper seemed somewhat perplexed.

"OK, I mean, I'm just talking about David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan here, but ..." he said, trailing off and inviting Trump to comment.

"Honestly, I don't know David Duke. I don't believe I've ever met him. I'm pretty sure I've didn't meet him. And I just don't know anything about him," Trump said.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 03:41:57 pm »
I had heard that before ac.  I've gotten to the point where I look at who is posting an article - and many times don't even bother to read it because the sources used are usually extreme bias sources found to be misleading - at best - and lying at worst.

A lot of leftists use this strategy successfully - repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

Can't stand the truth, eh?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 03:52:27 pm »

I looked it up:

"Now, society-craving jetsetters are said to be bypassing the hefty $200,000 initiation fee, instead only paying $100,000 for membership privileges.

Annual fees are $14,000, plus a thousand bucks a night if you actually want to stay there."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2082755/Initiation-fees-Trumps-exclusive-Mar-A-Lago-club-drop-200-000-JUST-100-000.html

So, yes, Trump's club is open to everybody; everybody with a hundred large and $1200 a month.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 03:53:37 pm »
Can't stand the truth, eh?

Can't stand hysterical political lies. Your lies will be taken under advisement.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 03:55:15 pm »
Can't stand hysterical political lies. Your lies will be taken under advisement.

What's a lie?  You never take issue with any of the articles I post, just say they are lies.

Trumpism is taking a toll on you. You argue like the guy.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 04:00:01 pm »

Trump is not a racist. Not a shred of evidence in his history of racism, in fact, the exact opposite is the reality.

Yet the political attacks--and that's all they are--political attacks go on endlessly. A lie is a lie is a lie, no matter how many times you repeat the falsehood.