Author Topic: Ted Cruz at KILL THE GAYS rally  (Read 13470 times)

Offline Paladin

Re: Ted Cruz at KILL THE GAYS rally
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2016, 03:26:05 am »
Understood, Repub4Trumsich, and God bless you.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2016, 03:26:47 am »
Michelle Malkin responds to the anti-Christian smears against Ted Cruz.  I just want to let everyone know that the laying on of hands is important to me and my faith.  It is a regular occurrence at our church.  We believe in a living God and the power of the Holy Spirit.  We speak in tongues.  Believing in all the gifts.  We love God and we love people.  There is nothing hateful in my church.  We love gays the same as all people.  There is never hate like there is at a Trump rally at my church.  It is amazing that Republicans think the way to smear a Republican candidate is to bring up his Christian faith.  I think people who do that are in the wrong party.  Perhaps they should join the Democratic party where there is less faith in God.  Conservatives have always embraced Christian values.

Michelle Malkin Blasts Drudge Over Disgusting, Anti-Christian Headline Attacking Ted Cruz [VIDEO]

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/03/13/michelle-malkin-blasts-drudge-disgusting-christian-bashing-headline/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2016, 03:47:44 am »
There is no debating with True Believer cult members who can actually think something started before space and time.

Well you got one thing right - there is no debating. I stand firm in my Christian faith. Enduring you calling us "cult members" is nothing compared to the horrors the early Christians endured. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2016, 03:52:15 am »
Michelle Malkin responds to the anti-Christian smears against Ted Cruz.  I just want to let everyone know that the laying on of hands is important to me and my faith.  It is a regular occurrence at our church.  We believe in a living God and the power of the Holy Spirit.  We speak in tongues.  Believing in all the gifts.  We love God and we love people.  There is nothing hateful in my church.  We love gays the same as all people.  There is never hate like there is at a Trump rally at my church.  It is amazing that Republicans think the way to smear a Republican candidate is to bring up his Christian faith.  I think people who do that are in the wrong party.  Perhaps they should join the Democratic party where there is less faith in God.  Conservatives have always embraced Christian values.

Michelle Malkin Blasts Drudge Over Disgusting, Anti-Christian Headline Attacking Ted Cruz [VIDEO]

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/03/13/michelle-malkin-blasts-drudge-disgusting-christian-bashing-headline/
Let me give you some honest advice regarding speaking in tongues: consult 1 Corinthians and what Paul says on the topic. Be careful that it is truly something sent from God, and not simply babbling gibberish (which I have seen quite a bit) and false prophecies.

From what I have seen of it, speaking in tongues is usually a sign of a very important and specific message. If it's something vapid that most people already know, beware.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2016, 03:52:20 am »

I stand firm in my Christian faith. Enduring you calling us "cult members" is nothing compared to the horrors the early Christians endured.

That is your right as an American citizen,and I wouldn't change that even if I could.

I just think it needs to remain outside of politics.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2016, 04:02:07 am »
There are reasons why we do not have religious threads. And if you need to ask why just looked back through this thread. We have enough political discourse here to carry us for years. So all we need is have the same thing going on on a religions thread.

And that has proved to be wise, lest the place be nasty like FR and the Mormon thing.

It ought to serve as warning for newcomers to pick up on the lack of religiosity and to conform.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2016, 04:07:25 am »
Let me give you some honest advice regarding speaking in tongues: consult 1 Corinthians and what Paul says on the topic. Be careful that it is truly something sent from God, and not simply babbling gibberish (which I have seen quite a bit) and false prophecies.

From what I have seen of it, speaking in tongues is usually a sign of a very important and specific message. If it's something vapid that most people already know, beware.

Yes I do believe that as well as everyone being filled with the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues Acts 2:4.  There are different scriptures pertaining to the gifts.  But I understand that we have variances in our individual denominations.  Its OK we are all Christians.  Part of the Body of Christ. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2016, 04:11:41 am »
And that has proved to be wise, lest the place be nasty like FR and the Mormon thing.

It ought to serve as warning for newcomers to pick up on the lack of religiosity and to conform.

If you start a thread on religion then you are going to get religious posts.  Perhaps you are showing your bias about people of faith serving in office.  If that is the case you are in the wrong country.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2016, 04:26:28 am »
If you start a thread on religion then you are going to get religious posts.  Perhaps you are showing your bias about people of faith serving in office.  If that is the case you are in the wrong country.

I think to say to a person "you are in the wrong country" is just over the top insulting, and inappropriate.

You are off to a very bad start with me, here. I can dish it out, but mostly refrain. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2016, 04:36:18 am »
I think to say to a person "you are in the wrong country" is just over the top insulting, and inappropriate.

You are off to a very bad start with me, here. I can dish it out, but mostly refrain.

You posted that you wanted a lack of religiosity but you post a thread criticizing Ted Cruz on religion.  What I said is true.  I could post a slew of quotes from Presidents of the United States of America referring to God.  Like it or not Christianity is not a religious test as to whether you can serve as POTUS.  You already dished it out by posting this thread.  I have seen that there are several Christians on this site.  I will stick to the issues if you refrain from posting video's trashing candidates based on their personal faith.  Furthermore I posted how hypocritical it is.  Donald Trump endorsed by Pat Robertson and Trump giving praise to Pat.  You didn't trash him did you?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2016, 04:37:57 am »
I like people to have religion - something that keeps them on the straight and narrow - I don't like to hear someone in politics that talks about it all the time.
That kind of creeps me out.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2016, 04:53:02 am »
You posted that you wanted a lack of religiosity but you post a thread criticizing Ted Cruz on religion.  What I said is true.  I could post a slew of quotes from Presidents of the United States of America referring to God.  Like it or not Christianity is not a religious test as to whether you can serve as POTUS.  You already dished it out by posting this thread.  I have seen that there are several Christians on this site.  I will stick to the issues if you refrain from posting video's trashing candidates based on their personal faith.  Furthermore I posted how hypocritical it is.  Donald Trump endorsed by Pat Robertson and Trump giving praise to Pat.  You didn't trash him did you?
I am dropping this. Because if I don't stop, I will be doing something that I think the site's owners don't like.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2016, 01:39:59 pm »
There is no debating with True Believer cult members who can actually think something started before space and time.

There is also no debating with True Believer cult members who can actually think nothing generated everything and organized it into living beings for no reason whatsoever.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2016, 01:50:59 pm »
MODS, if this thread is going to be used to insult and trash Christians by the two or three atheist members can it be please locked?   This is one of the things that made FR such an ugly place.    As a Christian I have known many atheist and there was always mutual respect between us.  But put someone behind the animosity of a forum name and avatar, and they fill free to tease, and insult without reservation. It's sick.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Mod2

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2016, 01:55:47 pm »
And, since there is rare agreement that there is no use debating it, lets not embarrass ourselves by trying.

There is no religion forum here for a reason.

The thread will remain unlocked - so long as it returns to the video under discussion.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2016, 02:42:02 pm »
This is why campaign like Cruz's would be wise to stay away from the sort of smear tactics they were using last week. They always come back to bite them.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2016, 02:55:13 pm »
MODS, if this thread is going to be used to insult and trash Christians by the two or three atheist members can it be please locked?   This is one of the things that made FR such an ugly place.    As a Christian I have known many atheist and there was always mutual respect between us.  But put someone behind the animosity of a forum name and avatar, and they fill free to tease, and insult without reservation. It's sick.

It's OK, Navy.  They are just showing themselves to be the fools they are.  Luckily for them, God loves even fools.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2016, 02:56:50 pm »
Congrats Team Cruz, live by the smear, die by the smear.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2016, 03:01:41 pm »
This is why campaign like Cruz's would be wise to stay away from the sort of smear tactics they were using last week. They always come back to bite them.

Right Johnnie. Gotcha.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2016, 03:04:54 pm »
Well after establishing this "Guilt by association" as acceptable tactics last week when they tried to use it against Trump. Cruz is left in an indefeasible position now on this one.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2016, 04:14:02 pm »
FYI this story is on Drudge this morning, upper right corner, in red

This sort of thing will dog Cruz, all the way to defeat, should he reach the general

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2016, 04:16:39 pm »

BTW I am NOT in the wrong country. I served in uniform for my country, and I strongly resent your remark.

I served in part, to protect the rights of persons to scoff at the religious beliefs of others.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 04:33:06 pm by truth_seeker »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2016, 04:22:07 pm »
BTW I am NOT in the wrong country. I served in uniform for my country, and I strongly resent your remark.
Forced against your will in the draft, I might add—something that stands against what this country is supposed to be. You stand for a totalitarian state, not a free land.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2016, 04:42:45 pm »
Forced against your will in the draft, I might add—something that stands against what this country is supposed to be. You stand for a totalitarian state, not a free land.

I believe in national service, like in Switzerland. I am proud that when my country called, I answered out of a sense of duty. In my family service goes back to before the founding of this great country, earned by the blood of brave men willing to serve.

Most guys like you that have unwillingness to serve their country, while reaping the benefits, have the sense to be quiet and low key.

The fact I was drafted and served, means I "stand for a totalitarian state" ?? You have some pretty whacked out thinking, dude.

You can probably imagine some of the names I have in mind for people like you, but refrain from using in respect for the forum's rules.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2016, 04:56:12 pm »

TruthSeeker doesn't need me to defend him,but it boggles the imagination that you could make such a leap of alleged logic.

I was a career SF NCO,and consider the cheap shot you made with your assumption is one of the cheapest going. I met and was friends with many career soldiers while in the army,and despite what some people think,they were individuals with individual thoughts,likes,and dislikes. Some,granted very few in SF,were deeply religious. One that comes to mind was Medal of Honor awardee Captain "Rocky" Versache,who was deeply religious,and had been planning on getting out of the army when his tour in VN ended,and becoming a Catholic Priest. He was on a operation in VN when his small team got into contact with a numerically superior enemy force,and surrended to the enemy despite not being wounded so his wounded teammates would have someone to tend to their wounds and help them survive. Read the URL below and tell me if you think that deeply religious man was a draft-dodger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humbert_Roque_Versace

Not everybody can be pigeon holed based on one observation about their likes or dislikes.

For example,not ALL Party People are slack-jawed morons. It just seems that way.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!