Author Topic: HORROR! Conservative Website REDSTATE Calls on Far Left Protesters to BRING GUNS to Trump Rallies  (Read 1315 times)

Offline GAJohnnie

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/gop-unhinged/

HORROR! Conservative Website REDSTATE Calls on Far Left Protesters to BRING GUNS to Trump Rallies

Jim Hoft Mar 11th, 2016 4:44 pm 314 Comments

REDSTATE CALLS ON FAR LEFT PROTESTERS TO BRING GUNS TO TRUMP RALLIES!
redstate guns

RedState, a right of center website, formerly managed by Trump-basher Erick Erickson, is part of Townhall Media.
The website claims it has three goals:
1) Educate conservatives
2) Motivate conservatives to get involved in the political process
3) Activate conservatives through RedState’s support and tools

Today Redstate called on all far left protesters to BRING FIREARMS to Donald Trump rallies.

This is a new low for the Trump-hating ‘so-called’ Conservative media.

They can’t beat Trump at the ballot box so now they want his supporters shot dead.
It’s one thing to promote an opposing candidate.
It’s quite another to want him and his supporters dead.

I do hope the FBI is notified about this threat.

Below is a screengrab from Redstate website today.

My advice for reporters and protestors visiting Donald Trump events
By Redstate Contributor Neil Stevens–

Offline GAJohnnie

This is a prominate Pro Ted Cruz site. Team Cruz, you really need these people off your side. These idiots are doing far more damage to your side then you realize.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The more this political season goes on, the more I feel that politics is now filled with crazy people on all sides.

Offline GAJohnnie

Well we established this new standard around here the last few days that the Candidate is now responsible for all the actions of any of their supporters.

So Cruz needs to be responsible for this.

The rioters in Chicago were chanting "Bernie" so Sander is now considered  responsible for them.

This is why "Guilt by association" is such a stupid tactic to try and use. It can be turned on you as easily as you can use it.

HAPPY2BME

This will prompt Ohio to turn out for Donald.

We shall see.

Offline GAJohnnie

Really remarkably stupid for GOPE candiate to side with the rioters. GOP voters are not going to be impressed that Cruz/Kaisch/Rubio sides with the rioters waving Mexican and Communists flags

The GOPE may of just lost the election last night with this bit of foolish insanity on the part of their candidates.

Offline NavyCanDo

I don't visit the REDSTATE site, but I just looked at it and there is nothing of the sort on it. This is an unsubstantiated headline.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't visit the REDSTATE site, but I just looked at it and there is nothing of the sort on it. This is an unsubstantiated headline.

Speaking of unhinged!

At first I pooh-poohed the anti-Trumpsters who were saying that Trump's movement is attracting and generating craziness.  Now, I'm beginning to agree with that point of view.  And, I'm not saying Trump is doing it - I actually agree with much of what Trump says.  But, all the unfocused* anger is coalescing around his movement.  I hope he comes to understand what he is attracting, and learns how to deal with it.  His cancelling of his speech last night says that he might be.

* The anger is unfocused for several reasons - ignorance of how our government and economy works (which helps explain the Bernie Sanders voters too), repeated betrayals by both sides of the aisle, rapidly metastasizing and growing government intrusion at every level of government making the individual less and less important and less and less able to be in charge of his or her own life, long-term crappy economy, and an education and entertainment system that encourages dependence and ignorance.  Oh, and the "feeling" society, rather than a thinking society.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
http://www.redstate.com/neil_stevens/2016/03/11/advice-reporters-protestors-visiting-donald-trump-events/

Found the link to the source article, which wasn't particularly evident in the derivative.

My response is - going into a rally is like going into someone's home. It's their home and their property. You have no right to be there and you attend at the graciousness of the host. The rights you have are far less than you do out on the street.

If you want to stand out in a public street and protest a candidate, fine. You have no such right within the boundaries of the rally. It is a private event. If you want to scream and protest, don't cry if you get removed. If you want to kick and punch, don't cry about a beat down.

If you are stupid enough to bring a gun with the intent of causing trouble, then don't expect to walk out alive. Starting violence with gun-in-pocket in a private area with the intent to shoot people who respond to defend themselves against you is pushing the line towards terrorism, and you take your life in your own hands.

And though I know Trump can incite, he is not inciting people to go out in the streets to beat and pummel innocent bystanders. So I'm not going to fall in the old lefty trap of being 'triggered' to do something. Be a damn adult and don't respond just because your special snowflake self is angry someone is saying something that goes against your Lefty cultism.

It's all smoke and mirrors anyway. The Left doesn't need a reason to get violent - it's what they do. They attack you and call you the terrorist for defending yourself within your own private space, which is what they did in Chicago yesterday. They have no leg to stand on here.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:51:13 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
http://www.redstate.com/neil_stevens/2016/03/11/advice-reporters-protestors-visiting-donald-trump-events/

Found the link to the source article, which wasn't particularly evident in the derivative.

My response is - going into a rally is like going into someone's home. It's their home and their property. You have no right to be there and you attend at the graciousness of the host. The rights you have are far less than you do out on the street.

If you want to stand out in a public street and protest a candidate, fine. You have no such right within the boundaries of the rally. It is a private event. If you want to scream and protest, don't cry if you get removed. If you want to kick and punch, don't cry about a beat down.

If you are stupid enough to bring a gun with the intent of causing trouble, then don't expect to walk out alive. Starting violence with gun-in-pocket in a private area with the intent to shoot people who respond to defend themselves against you is pushing the line towards terrorism, and you take your life in your own hands.

And though I know Trump can incite, he is not inciting people to go out in the streets to beat and pummel innocent bystanders. So I'm not going to fall in the old lefty trap of being 'triggered' to do something. Be a damn adult and don't respond just because your special snowflake self is angry someone is saying something that goes against your Lefty cultism.

It's all smoke and mirrors anyway. The Left doesn't need a reason to get violent - it's what they do. They attack you and call you the terroristfor defending yourself within your own private space, which is what they did in Chicago yesterday. They have no leg to stand on here.

I agree.  That's crazy talk. Does this guy really think that pulling a gun is a proper response to being harangued or even pushed and shoved?  WTH?

Offline NavyCanDo

Thanks for locating that actual REDSTATE link to the story causing so much OVER-REACTION here. The type of over reaction you would see from anti-gun activist. I would agree the post on RS is inflammatory calling Trump supporters "brownshirts", but the advice to legal carry to protect yourself is not,  - though at a campaign event it is probably highly illegal.   Remember Robert Kennedy?  Regardless, it was a dump post on RS by some wingnut.

ACTUAL REDSATE TITLE & post:    My advice for reporters and protestors visiting Donald Trump events

"My advice for reporters and protestors visiting Donald Trump events is simple: You have a right to keep and bear arms. Use it. If Trump’s brownshirts know their targets are armed, they’ll get less handsy, fast."
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline GAJohnnie

I think last night maybe just sealed the nominations for Trump.

It is a Wellstone Memorial type moment.

Voters are not going to be impressed Cruz/Kaisch/Rubio rushed right out to side with the rioters.

HonestJohn

Thanks for locating that actual REDSTATE link to the story causing so much OVER-REACTION here. The type of over reaction you would see from anti-gun activist. I would agree the post on RS is inflammatory calling Trump supporters "brownshirts", but the advice to legal carry to protect yourself is not,  - though at a campaign event it is probably highly illegal.   Remember Robert Kennedy?  Regardless, it was a dump post on RS by some wingnut.

ACTUAL REDSATE TITLE & post:    My advice for reporters and protestors visiting Donald Trump events

"My advice for reporters and protestors visiting Donald Trump events is simple: You have a right to keep and bear arms. Use it. If Trump’s brownshirts know their targets are armed, they’ll get less handsy, fast."

I doubt Breitbart's reporter would have been manhandled in a stand-your-ground state, had she been concealed carrying. 

It's another example of 'these rights are for me and not for thee'.

Constitutional rights are for all Americans.

---

And to anyone arguing that someone shouldn't be able to exercise their Constitutional rights on the basis of "it's a *private* event"... then you argue that any private event or establishment can restrict guns on their property.  So, if any local establishment wants to ban guns from their property, you are giving support to their cause (like private schools and universities).

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
I doubt Breitbart's reporter would have been manhandled in a stand-your-ground state, had she been concealed carrying. 

---

And to anyone arguing that someone shouldn't be able to exercise their Constitutional rights on the basis of "it's a *private* event"... then you argue that any private event or establishment can restrict guns on their property.  So, if any local establishment wants to ban guns from their property, you are giving support to their cause (like private schools and universities).

If you are in my private space, you have few constitutional rights. If your intent is to instigate problems in that space, then you shouldn't be there. No one is forcing you to come. You have no more 2nd amendment right than any other criminal thug with a gun.

If you expect to do so, then expect to 'defend' yourself against the response, then your should expect to be put down permanently. The 2nd amendment doesn't protect you against instigating violence and trespass.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Let's put a stop to this idiocy.

First:

1) Trump rallies are private events. Your second amendment rights end at my property line.

2) Having people with guns within range of political candidates is just an extraordinarily bad idea for so many reasons.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Voters are not going to be impressed Cruz/Kaisch/Rubio rushed right out to side with the rioters.

I'm gonna have to block you.  You keep spamming the board with the same crap.  I'm looking for intelligent conversation, not spam.  Seems only fair to tell you I'm blocking you.

Offline GAJohnnie

Cruz/Rubio/Kasich are getting absolutely hammered by their supporters on Facebook and Twitter.

So keep lying to yourselves all you want. The truth will be seen Tuesday.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Cruz/Rubio/Kasich are getting absolutely hammered by their supporters on Facebook and Twitter.

So keep lying to yourselves all you want. The truth will be seen Tuesday.

Dude, why are you spamming?

I never chalked you up as stupid.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

---

She was in Florida, the original stand your ground state.  Nobody's going to pull a gun when 4 SS agents, armed to the teeth, are standing there.

I wish people would stop all this macho shit with guns.  Take a Concealed Carry course and calm down.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:44:11 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/gop-unhinged/

HORROR! Conservative Website REDSTATE Calls on Far Left Protesters to BRING GUNS to Trump Rallies

Jim Hoft Mar 11th, 2016 4:44 pm 314 Comments

REDSTATE CALLS ON FAR LEFT PROTESTERS TO BRING GUNS TO TRUMP RALLIES!
redstate guns

RedState, a right of center website, formerly managed by Trump-basher Erick Erickson, is part of Townhall Media.
The website claims it has three goals:
1) Educate conservatives
2) Motivate conservatives to get involved in the political process
3) Activate conservatives through RedState’s support and tools

Today Redstate called on all far left protesters to BRING FIREARMS to Donald Trump rallies.

This is a new low for the Trump-hating ‘so-called’ Conservative media.

They can’t beat Trump at the ballot box so now they want his supporters shot dead.
It’s one thing to promote an opposing candidate.
It’s quite another to want him and his supporters dead.

I do hope the FBI is notified about this threat.

Below is a screengrab from Redstate website today.

My advice for reporters and protestors visiting Donald Trump events
By Redstate Contributor Neil Stevens–
I read as far as REDSTATE and stopped. they lost me a bit ago. At least the Trump effect has weeded out some websites for me I no longer read. I thank Trump for that!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:53:31 pm by flowers »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Headline:
"HORROR! Conservative Website REDSTATE Calls on Far Left Protesters to BRING GUNS to Trump Rallies..."

Sumthin' tells me that most "far left" protesters do not own weapons, at least not weapons that were acquired through legal channels.

I would hazard a guess that most of the white "Bernie-protester" types don't own any guns at all.

Now the "BLM" types, a good number of them probably have weapons, just not legal ones...!

----

After further reading "down-thread":
KUDOS to Free Vulcan's post #8 above!

At some point, if the left (and the leftist protesters) keeps escalating the "level of confrontation" -- to the point of specifically using violence -- then the time will come when reasonable men of the right, acting reasonably, must "push back" in kind.

This is normal, and it should be expected.
I'll go further -- it is required and necessary.

We of the right cannot expect to hold our strength whilst cowering to the physical threats of the left.
To do that, doesn't make sense.

This is a battle to save and restore the nation.
Right now, it's mostly "a cold war".
But at some point in the future, that's going to change.

One doesn't have to be the wisest kid on the block to comprehend this.
All you have to do is to look around...

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It is important to note the date context puts this before the violent protests last night. This was written yesterday morning. So Redstate wasn't referring to the mob protestors being armed.

However, with that said, is the Gateway Pundit saying that protesters do not have the right to keep and bear arms and an armed citizen isn't protected against violence?

Redstate isn't saying to instigate violence, it is saying you have the right to protect yourself if violence is instigated against you.

There is an old test, what if we were simply talking about different characters.

What if, for example, these were right wing protestors and Hillary supporters roughing them up.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

And Trump rushed to Chris Matthews' program to say how great it was for him too. I wonder which one got tingles first?
Trump tells Chris Matthews that MOB VIOLENCE at rallies HELPS him get more votes!!

The Donald admitted that he thought mob violence helped him get more votes while talking to Chris Matthews tonight.

Watch below:

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/trump-tells-chris-matthews-that-mob-violence-at-rallies-helps-him-get-more-votes/#ixzz42i0ZK9mK

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
It is important to note the date context puts this before the violent protests last night. This was written yesterday morning. So Redstate wasn't referring to the mob protestors being armed.

However, with that said, is the Gateway Pundit saying that protesters do not have the right to keep and bear arms and an armed citizen isn't protected against violence?

Redstate isn't saying to instigate violence, it is saying you have the right to protect yourself if violence is instigated against you.

There is an old test, what if we were simply talking about different characters.

What if, for example, these were right wing protestors and Hillary supporters roughing them up.

To be honest, I'd never protest within a Hillary or Bernie rally simply because it's a private event. Outside is fair game. Come at me there and it will be a different story.
The Republic is lost.

HAPPY2BME