Author Topic: Veepstakes: Who Trump might pick as running mate?  (Read 6124 times)

A-Lert

Re: Veepstakes: Who Trump might pick as running mate?
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2016, 01:41:52 am »
Egads.
ALL of the choices in the original article are bad ones.

I've said it before, but I think that Wisconsin's Scott Walker could be a good choice:
- he's established perhaps the best record of any Republican governor in modern times of "bending" a bluish-purple state back towards conservative governance
- he has a very good chance of "bringing Wisconsin along with him"
- he should be acceptable to both the conservative wing AND the GOPe faction of the party
- he could provide excellent counsel to Mr. Trump insofar as molding his message is concerned -- providing the spoonful of sugar that gets the medicine down.

I believe Walker would be a very wise choice also.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2016, 01:48:19 am »

Too bad Trump's burned all his bridges:

“Wisconsin’s doing terribly. It’s in turmoil. The roads are a disaster because they don’t have any money to rebuild them. They’re borrowing money like crazy. They projected a $1 billion surplus, and it turns out to be a deficit of $2.2 billion. The schools are a disaster. The hospitals and education was a disaster. And he was totally in favor of Common Core!” - Trump on Scott Walker

A-Lert

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2016, 01:57:33 am »

Too bad Trump's burned all his bridges:

“Wisconsin’s doing terribly. It’s in turmoil. The roads are a disaster because they don’t have any money to rebuild them. They’re borrowing money like crazy. They projected a $1 billion surplus, and it turns out to be a deficit of $2.2 billion. The schools are a disaster. The hospitals and education was a disaster. And he was totally in favor of Common Core!” - Trump on Scott Walker

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-scott-walker-dumbdumb-2015-7http://

In recent days, Trump has been going out of his way to bash Walker, apparently out of revenge for being called a "DumbDumb" by one of his fundraisers.

"I'm being very nice to him. And today I read this horrible statement from his fundraiser about Trump. I say, 'Oh, finally I can attack. Finally. Finally.' I would have never done this," Trump said in the middle of a Saturday speech in Iowa.

Trump was referring to a Wall Street Journal report in which Gregory Slayton, a New York venture capitalist and Walker fundraiser, dismissed his candidacy.

"As you’ve seen Gov Walker is now well ahead of everyone not named DumbDumb (aka Trump) in the national polls," Slayton reportedly wrote in a fundraising invitation.