Author Topic: Veepstakes: Who Trump might pick as running mate?  (Read 6131 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Veepstakes: Who Trump might pick as running mate?
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 01:23:22 pm »
Cruz makes the most sense to me.
He understands government and is more interested in details.
Trump could provide the "shield" to get real changes in place.
I don't think Trump would seek a second term so 4 years as VP would make Cruz unstoppable.

While Cruz would make an excellent VP, at this point in the game, I would be very surprised if he were to accept a VP slot under Trump.  Too much water under the bridge and other issues have surfaced surrounding Trump.  Besides, if Cruz takes Florida (and I have reason to believe he will), he will be our nominee!   :0001:

Picking Christie would be a disaster. They won't win against Hillary.  He might select Martinez to draw in the Hispanic vote.  My hunch though is Trump would select an outsider.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 01:41:50 pm »
DANG!  I NEVER SAY THINGS LIKE THIS BUT.....
I JUST SPEWED HOT COFFEE ON MY CAT!!
WILL SEND YOU VET BILL.  :tongue2:

I am curious why this sort of infantile insult posting is consider "smart politics"? Moronic to scream insults at people you are going to need to vote FOR your guy if he is going to have a chance to win.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 01:50:38 pm »
It should be only too obvious:

--Josef Goebbels
--Heinrich Himmler
--Rudolf Hess
--Albert Speer
--Hermann Goerring

Did you come up with these on your own or did the DNC provide them for you?  Last I checked, "The Art of the Deal" was a bit different than "Mein Kampf"

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 01:53:14 pm »
While Cruz would make an excellent VP, at this point in the game, I would be very surprised if he were to accept a VP slot under Trump.  Too much water under the bridge and other issues have surfaced surrounding Trump.  Besides, if Cruz takes Florida (and I have reason to believe he will), he will be our nominee!   :0001:

Picking Christie would be a disaster. They won't win against Hillary.  He might select Martinez to draw in the Hispanic vote.  My hunch though is Trump would select an outsider.

:beer:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2016, 02:07:31 pm »
Did you come up with these on your own or did the DNC provide them for you?  Last I checked, "The Art of the Deal" was a bit different than "Mein Kampf"

Truth_seeker was being sarcastic. He supports Trump, and all of us Trump supporters find it very amusing to see all the hysteria comparing Trump to Hitler.

Good one, t_s! Illustrating absurdity by being absurd. I do it all the time. It's amazing how many people don't get the irony. Not referring to you MBB. Not sure if you too were being sarcastic.

A-Lert

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 07:08:35 pm »
You are right, so I did a search on my own and found the attributions along with 100's of others.

“You know, it doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.” (Interview with Esquire, 1991)
“When a man leaves a woman, especially when it was perceived that he has left for a piece of ass—a good one!— there are 50 percent of the population who will love the woman who was left.” (Vanity Fair, September 1990)
“I have black guys counting my money. … I hate it. The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day.” (USA Today, May 20, 1991)
“It’s all in the hunt and once you get it, it loses some of its energy. I think competitive, successful men feel that way about women. Don’t you agree? Really, don’t you agree?” (TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald, 2005)
“All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me— consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.” (How to Get Rich, 2004)

!991? Desperation!

Offline Paladin

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 07:09:01 pm »
I will tell you why not Christie nor Cruz.

The former: 2 Northeasteners? VP ought provide some geographical balance, especially with these 2 outspoken characters.

The latter: I believe Cruz would accept the position just as Johnson accepted under Kennedy (no love lost there). Ted recognizes the importance of this election and if his acceptance would increase chances of no Hillary, or whomever, he's a stand up guy and would do it. However, the likelihood of the Republican nominee carrying Texas is rather high, so adding Cruz would be like carrying coal to Newcastle.

That is why I think it will be Kasich. Not only considered a moderate but the Repubs absolutely need OH. Kasich might be able to deliver it.

If not Kasich, then perhaps Martinez or someone other than Rubio from FL (also needed).
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 07:19:42 pm »
I am curious why this sort of infantile insult posting is consider "smart politics"? Moronic to scream insults at people you are going to need to vote FOR your guy if he is going to have a chance to win.

Huh?????

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2016, 07:26:47 pm »
all the hysteria comparing Trump to Hitler.

So why do you encourage it? 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 07:27:17 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Longiron

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2016, 07:38:07 pm »
Cruz makes the most sense to me.
He understands government and is more interested in details.
Trump could provide the "shield" to get real changes in place.
I don't think Trump would seek a second term so 4 years as VP would make Cruz unstoppable.

Agree do not think the WAR between CRUZ and TRUMP all that bad. TRUMP congratulated him on his TX and KS win. Seems to be lighten up on CRUZ a little. The big RINOGOPe  Big FEAR is TRUMP and CRUZ team up. That is one reason the RINOGOPe is thinking about turning toward to CRUZ when RUBIO is taken out. They will turn on CRUZ at the last minute before the convention and make RINOGOPe candidate or Mittens the candidate. CRUZ has to know this and hopefully he does not take the bait of MONEY. TRUMP/ CRUZ the RINOGOPe and the UNIPARTY DOA asap. Agree with the right VP TRUMP does 4 years and walks IMO. :patriot:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2016, 07:46:34 pm »
Does it really matter?    Trump will lose to Hillary.

So whatever name Trump selects as VP if he is nominated, will end up in the same forgettable list of VP nominees who never made it, such as Palin, Ryan, Edwards, Lieberman, Kemp, Dukakis, Quayle, Bentsen, Ferraro, Dole..................
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:06:39 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2016, 07:56:33 pm »
Revealed! Top pick for Donald Trump's VP

Now, a brand-new national poll from Morning Consult has been released, and the name at the top of the list to be Trump’s running mate among Republican and Republican-leaning independent voters is retired neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson.

Carson collects 11 percent support in the survey, followed by Sens. Marco Rubio of Florida and Ted Cruz of Texas at nine percent, and Ohio Gov. John Kasich at eight percent.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who endorsed Trump after dropping out of the race last week, also has eight percent backing to be Trump’s VP pick in the poll.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has four percent support, and South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley received two percent.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/new-poll-reveals-top-pick-for-trumps-vp/

A-Lert

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2016, 08:10:09 pm »
For supposedly not being a Trump supporter, that is basically all you have done is defend him. :laugh:

His quotes go from the 1990's to everyday of this campaign and they are pretty consistent in his views of women and himself. No desperation. I know there is no way the general public will elect a man like Trump and that puts me at ease.

Mainly because some posters here attack and smear him. He's a GOP candidate and could very well be the GOP candidate for POTUS . You don't see me smearing and denigrating  the other GOP candidates, do you?

Jefferson, Harding, Kennedy, Johnson and Clinton were all philanderers and were elected POTUS. Not to mention all the philandering congressmen and senators who have been elected. Political figures are sinners just like the rest of us. The only US President divorced was Ronald Reagan, arguably the best POTUS in the last 150 or more years.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2016, 08:16:26 pm »
Mainly because some posters here attack and smear him. He's a GOP candidate and could very well be the GOP candidate for POTUS . You don't see me smearing and denigrating  the other GOP candidates, do you?

Jefferson, Harding, Kennedy, Johnson and Clinton were all philanderers and were elected POTUS. Not to mention all the philandering congressmen and senators who have been elected. Political figures are sinners just like the rest of us. The only US President divorced was Ronald Reagan, arguably the best POTUS in the last 150 or more years.

===============================

Sounds reasonable.  Common sense is your friend.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2016, 09:43:36 pm »

That wont earn you any brownie points around here.

Your job after being called a goose-stepper and Nazi for supporting Donald Trump is to shut up and "let it go."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2016, 10:28:50 pm »

Your job after being called a goose-stepper and Nazi for supporting Donald Trump is to shut up and "let it go."

Get a grip.  You keep encouraging the comparison. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

A-Lert

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2016, 10:58:38 pm »

Thanks, but I've been called worse. All I care about is seeing to it that there are enough GOP votes to keep the evil, lying witch from occupying the White House again.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2016, 11:15:15 pm »
Oprah.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2016, 11:26:24 pm »

I'd like to see Trump announce that should he win the primary and general election he'd nominate Cruz to fill Scalia's seat on SCOTUS.   

That would go a long way to gain trust among folks like me because I think a lifetime appointment to SCOTUS is a more important job than any four or eight year stint as POTUS at this juncture.   Cruz would be a brilliant, dominant and Constitution-faithful jurist in my view.   The makeup of the Supreme Court for decades is at stake in this election -  which is why any Clinton or Sanders option is an absolute non starter for me.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:29:31 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2016, 11:36:45 pm »

C'mon aligncare, nobody here is violating Godwin's law but you.   It's a straw man you just seem to love constructing.

The Drive By Media positioned that picture of Trump's "oathtakers" to put he and his supporters in a negative light.   We all understand that, that's how they view any Republicans, but i haven't seen anyone on this forum do anything but snicker a bit at the image.

Nazis?  No.

Zombies, Cultists, Dupes, Rubes, Marks ...  sure.  But not Nazis.   , :whistle:

A-Lert

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2016, 11:47:33 pm »
C'mon aligncare, nobody here is violating Godwin's law but you.   It's a straw man you just seem to love constructing.

The Drive By Media positioned that picture of Trump's "oathtakers" to put he and his supporters in a negative light.   We all understand that, that's how they view any Republicans, but i haven't seen anyone on this forum do anything but snicker a bit at the image.

Nazis?  No.

Zombies, Cultists, Dupes, Rubes, Marks ...  sure.  But not Nazis.   , :whistle:

You must not have been reading the forum posts the last two days.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2016, 12:00:46 am »

If I missed it, I apologize, but I wouldn't support any stuff like that.  It's ridiculous on its face.

I honestly do understand Trump's visceral appeal but I think he's a failed general election candidate and would make a crappy President.

But, I will vote for him 11/1 should he emerge from the Convention as nominee against Hillary.   

A-Lert

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2016, 12:30:37 am »
If I missed it, I apologize, but I wouldn't support any stuff like that.  It's ridiculous on its face.

I honestly do understand Trump's visceral appeal but I think he's a failed general election candidate and would make a crappy President.

But, I will vote for him 11/1 should he emerge from the Convention as nominee against Hillary.

The Trump/Hitler comparisons are way over the line. Like you, I don't condone or subscribe to that rubbish.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2016, 12:44:16 am »

I don't know if it's willful, but they have a blind spot, the anti-Trump forces.

Half of the conservatives wish Donald Trump were gone (not just lose the race, but so offended by him they want him gone from the race.

The entire Republicans apparatus is actively plotting ways to deny Donald Trump the nomination. And we need to get a grip.   :silly:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2016, 01:39:23 am »
Egads.
ALL of the choices in the original article are bad ones.

I've said it before, but I think that Wisconsin's Scott Walker could be a good choice:
- he's established perhaps the best record of any Republican governor in modern times of "bending" a bluish-purple state back towards conservative governance
- he has a very good chance of "bringing Wisconsin along with him"
- he should be acceptable to both the conservative wing AND the GOPe faction of the party
- he could provide excellent counsel to Mr. Trump insofar as molding his message is concerned -- providing the spoonful of sugar that gets the medicine down.