Author Topic: The GOP Civil War and its Opportunities (25% of the GOP will bolt if Trump is the nominee)  (Read 2203 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.democracycorps.com/attachments/article/1025/Dcor_RPP_Memo_2.29.2016_FOR%20RELEASE.pdf

The GOP Civil War and its Opportunities

February 29, 2016

...In a general election against Hillary Clinton, 20 percent of the Republican base is dislodged from
Donald Trump, saying they will vote for another candidate, don’t know or will not vote; 5 percent
of Republicans say they will vote for Clinton. That is twice the uncertainty as for ballots
with Cruz and Rubio, though Hillary’s vote is a touch higher in those matchups. The possible
fragmentation of the base is most evident with the Moderates.

Those dislodged voters respond to the attacks on Trump and positive Democratic messages, and
the vote shifts further from the Republican nominee at the end of the survey.
The strongest attacks on Trump charge that he is an ego-maniac who cares more about himself
than the country, that he is very disrespectful towards women, and that he is a threat to national
security and should not have control of our nuclear weapons...........
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 05:57:32 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

DemocracyCorps is a Democrat site run by Stan Greenberg but their polls in 2008 and 2012 were near the top in terms of accuracy.

Losing 25% of Republicans in the general means Trump stands no chance.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 05:57:56 pm by sinkspur »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: The GOP Civil War and its Opportunities
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 05:58:21 pm »
DemocracyCorps is a Democrat site run by Stan Greenberg but their polls in 2008 and 2012 were near the top in terms of accuracy.

Cool, the 20% want to try and hold 80% hostage.  If you can't get the votes because your establishment has, once again, nothing but complete crap for candidates, find a way to stick it to the people.  Tail wagging the dog.  Brilliant.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 05:58:48 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline PzLdr

Considering the GOP's stellar performance since 2008, who cares. Good riddance.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 06:54:00 pm »
Cool, the 20% want to try and hold 80% hostage.  If you can't get the votes because your establishment has, once again, nothing but complete crap for candidates, find a way to stick it to the people.  Tail wagging the dog.  Brilliant.

Anybody know what happens if no one gets 270 electoral votes?

Just asking!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 06:56:28 pm »

Just asking!

Goes to the House. If a prominent 3rd party conservative candidate is part of the mix, think the GOP House will give it to Trump?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 06:57:06 pm »

Just asking!

This goes to the House for a vote.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 06:57:34 pm »

Go get those Democrats, Scott. Hell, Trump's almost there already with his pimping of Planned Parenthood, 45% tax on imports, and single payer healthcare.

Go get 'em!!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 07:10:54 pm »
Goes to the House. If a prominent 3rd party conservative candidate is part of the mix, think the GOP House will give it to Trump?

No way in hell!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Sink, this is one of the longest goodbyes in modern history.  If you feel you must, please, go already!       

Offline sinkspur

Sink, this is one of the longest goodbyes in modern history.  If you feel you must, please, go already!     

Nope. They'll have to kick me out.

Nope. They'll have to kick me out.

So the Republican Party will need to single you out and kick you to the curb?  Sounds a little like you really want to stay.   :smokin:

Offline Relic

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 07:24:53 pm »

:thumbsup:

Remember when we were relentlessly told to suck it up and vote for the nominee? That staying home was as good as voting Democrat? That we should hold our nose and vote for the nominee for the good of the country?

I guess all that was just manipulation to get their way. Now, their desperation is palpable.

Offline NavyCanDo

Sinks post, since being aloud to come back has been a lot less inflammatory and far more mature.    Not so however for Trump supporters responding to him with vitriol. Cool it with your personal attacks.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:39:02 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Sinks post, since being aloud to come back has been a lot less inflammatory and far more mature.    Not so however for Trump supporters responding to him with vitriol. Cool it with your personal attacks.

:amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Isn't this thread about the Republican Party and how many will bolt it if Trump's the candidate?   I wasn't commenting one way or the other on Sink's personal growth, but merely suggesting if he's so unhappy with the Republican Party he should leave now and avoid the crush later on. 

Please, it's helpful not to jump to conclusions.   **nononono*

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:44:32 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

:amen:

I wish you had read my reply (above) before jumping on the wrong bandwagon.   But, I realize this is a tough day for some.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:45:06 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 07:47:59 pm »

Just asking!

Just ask Bernie - he knows.

Hillary wins!

(It's an automatic clause in really fine print.)
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Carling

If the GOPe steals the nomination, 70% of GOP primary voters appear to be willing to give you guys the boot.

Why not just merge with the Democrats?  Hell, Jazzhead is here saying he'd vote for HRC and how Romney/ObamaCare is some sort of "conservative" policy.

How true conservatives can read that and not shun him is solely because he has TDS as well, and the Dump Trumpers are willing to side with people who vote for and who defend liberal policies.

This has been such an enlightening primary season.  Best one of my life and I'm thoroughly enjoying taking it all in.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline NavyCanDo

Isn't this thread about the Republican Party and how many will bolt it if Trump's the candidate?   I wasn't commenting one way or the other on Sink's personal growth, but merely suggesting if he's so unhappy with the Republican Party he should leave now and avoid the crush later on. 

Please, it's helpful not to jump to conclusions.   **nononono*

Well maybe I had on the same faulty earpiece that Trump wore Sunday, because what came across to me entirely different than what it sounded.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Well maybe I had on the same faulty earpiece that Trump wore Sunday, because what came across to me entirely different than what it sounded.

Actually, this was more of a reading comprehension mishap than hearing.  But, it's a damn good try.   ^-^

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Maybe you were looking at it in a defensive way.  I got it from the git-go - she was talking about leaving the party.  What is it that Sink is always talking about leaving?  Not here.  The GOP - if Trump ends up the nominee. 

And she's right, he's been talking it awhile - a pretty long goodbye.   :seeya:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

Maybe you were looking at it in a defensive way.  I got it from the git-go - she was talking about leaving the party.  What is it that Sink is always talking about leaving?  Not here.  The GOP - if Trump ends up the nominee. 

And she's right, he's been talking it awhile - a pretty long goodbye.   :seeya:

I mentioned once I might imitate Senator Ben Sasse of Nebraska and leave the party. 

One thing I do know is that I will never vote for Trump.

HonestJohn

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2016, 10:03:54 pm »

You sound like the GOPe during the government shutdown...

HonestJohn

Geez, the TOS zot patrol is now here?