Author Topic: Donald J. Trump Responds to the Lies of Senator Cruz and Warns of Legal Action  (Read 2814 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
He said that they would qualify for LPR status. The acronym stands for Legal Permanent Resident.

"Permanent" kind of means permanent, don't you think?

By qualify, I took that is 'we won't deport you if you keep your nose clean' But not permanent. They can get to the back of the line and apply, but the status I see he's granting is temporary and conditional. That to me at least isn't legalization, just a reprieve. I realize others may see it differently.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
By qualify, I took that is 'we won't deport you if you keep your nose clean' But not permanent. They can get to the back of the line and apply, but the status I see he's granting is temporary and conditional. That to me at least isn't legalization, just a reprieve. I realize others may see it differently.

Having myself been a recipient of Legal Permanent Resident status, I can tell you, from personal experience that there is nothing as close to citizenship as LPR status.

So, LPR grants an illegal alien legal status, which is legalization, which is what Cruz said he'd never supported.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx