Author Topic: Live Thread>>New Hampshire Results>>The First Votes of the New Hampshire Primary Have Been Cast  (Read 14502 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH`S RECORD OF SUPPORT FOR THE SECOND AMENDMENT

· The Bush Administration stated, "that the text and original intent of the Second Amendment clearly protect the right of individuals to keep and bear firearms," reversing the Clinton Administration position that the Second Amendment only applies to state militias.

· President Bush sent representatives to the United Nations with a clear message: we will not allow the UN to impose international regulations that would violate the Second Amendment and infringe on our sovereignty.

· George W. Bush respects America`s sporting and hunting heritage. His administration signed an agreement with 17 major sportsmen`s organizations to improve hunting and fishing access to Federal lands, and initiated a conservation agenda to protect millions of acres of forest, wetlands and grasslands for future generations of hunters.

· As President, he gave money to prosecute federal gun crimes through Project Safe Neighborhoods and signed a national Right-to-Carry law for law enforcement officers.

· President Bush knows that holding the American firearm industry responsible for the acts of criminals is wrong. That`s why he supported the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act," to prevent frivolous lawsuits against lawful American businesses.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20041013/nra-endorses-george-w-bush-for-preside

George W. Bush on Gun Control

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/George_W__Bush_Gun_Control.htm

:beer:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What I wrote Trump's many mistresses is entirely justified. Ask any New York political reporter, irrespective of party affiliation. Perhaps the reason that he called Ted Cruz the name he did is because he knows so much about it.
Oh, the crudity!   888what

How could any Trump supporter deny it,when Trump not only brags about bagging stray women,he even brags about bagging married women?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH`S RECORD OF SUPPORT FOR THE SECOND AMENDMENT

· The Bush Administration stated, "that the text and original intent of the Second Amendment clearly protect the right of individuals to keep and bear firearms," reversing the Clinton Administration position that the Second Amendment only applies to state militias.

· President Bush sent representatives to the United Nations with a clear message: we will not allow the UN to impose international regulations that would violate the Second Amendment and infringe on our sovereignty.

· George W. Bush respects America`s sporting and hunting heritage. His administration signed an agreement with 17 major sportsmen`s organizations to improve hunting and fishing access to Federal lands, and initiated a conservation agenda to protect millions of acres of forest, wetlands and grasslands for future generations of hunters.

· As President, he gave money to prosecute federal gun crimes through Project Safe Neighborhoods and signed a national Right-to-Carry law for law enforcement officers.

· President Bush knows that holding the American firearm industry responsible for the acts of criminals is wrong. That`s why he supported the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act," to prevent frivolous lawsuits against lawful American businesses.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20041013/nra-endorses-george-w-bush-for-preside

George W. Bush on Gun Control

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/George_W__Bush_Gun_Control.htm

Now do a web search using "President Bush says he will sign any gun control bill sent to him" as the key words,and read the flip side.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So what you do is to make unsupported claims (I spend time trying to figure out what you were talking about, and found nothing) and when asked you just cop an attitude, cut and run.

Bush said he'd sign an extension to the "assault weapon" ban if Congress put it on his desk. Congress never put it on his desk and he knew they wouldn't:

BUSH: I did think we ought to extend the assault weapons ban and was told the bill was never going to move. I believe law-abiding citizens ought to be able to own a gun. I believe in background checks. The best way to protect our citizens from guns is to prosecute those who commit crimes with guns. - Third Bush-Kerry debate, in Tempe AZ , Oct 13, 2004

Crafting laws is the job of Congress, and Congress did not put that law on the President's desk. Bush knew this wouldn't happen, so to "support" something that he knew would never happen was simply a political move in his part.

That's like a Presidential candidate today supporting something that has absolutely no possibility of ever happening like banning all abortions, deporting all illegal aliens in 18 months all stopping all Muslims from entering the nation.

It's politics and pablum for the hopelessly moronic.

The basic bottom line here is that you have a visceral, Perot-like animus toward the Bush family.

No,the bottom like is you are a Bush groupie,and even when you find the evidence he was willing to sign a new AWB yourself,you excuse him by claiming "he knew a new AWB bill would never been sent to him".

Did he or did he NOT say he would sign a new AWB ban if Congress sent it to him?

Did he or did he NOT say he was in favor of "background checks" to exercise A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT?

Yes,or no?

Offline MACVSOG68

Now do a web search using "President Bush says he will sign any gun control bill sent to him" as the key words,and read the flip side.

I did, and didn't find that.  Perhaps you could link me to it.  The second link I provided was everything in the record about Bush and gun control.  Didn't see that statement. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
No,the bottom like is you are a Bush groupie,and even when you find the evidence he was willing to sign a new AWB yourself,you excuse him by claiming "he knew a new AWB bill would never been sent to him".

Did he or did he NOT say he would sign a new AWB ban if Congress sent it to him?

Did he or did he NOT say he was in favor of "background checks" to exercise A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT?

Yes,or no?

He did.

So what?

It was never going to happen and he knew it. Saying what he said took that position stand away from John Kerry during an election.

It never happened and his ACTIONS (as my friend MAC pointed out) sided with a very strong support for gun rights.

The problem with people is that they pay way too much attention to what politicians say and not enough to what they do.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

What I wrote Trump's many mistresses is entirely justified. Ask any New York political reporter, irrespective of party affiliation. Perhaps the reason that he called Ted Cruz the name he did is because he knows so much about it.
Oh, the crudity!   888what

You have to know that having multiple mistresses, adultery, and vile language in public (not to mention lying) are now acceptable to Trump supporters.

It is we, who still oppose those things, who are bound by "rigid" principles, and it is we who need to get with the program, and now support what has always been considered bad, because Trump is our hero.....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

I did, nothing came up.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
You have to know that having multiple mistresses, adultery, and vile language in public (not to mention lying) are now acceptable to Trump supporters.

It is we, who still oppose those things, who are bound by "rigid" principles, and it is we who need to get with the program, and now support what has always been considered bad, because Trump is our hero.....   **nononono*

Giuliani = bad

Trump = good

:huh?:

Offline musiclady

I would suggest that people ignore sneakypete when it comes to all things Bush.  He despises them all, and thinks they are evil personified.  Rational discussion of facts with him is not possible.

Besides which, this is kinda yesterday's argument, isn't it?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Giuliani = bad

Trump = good

Yeah.............. go figure.  I guess they have "malleable" principles.

Offline EdinVA

Besides which, this is kinda yesterday's argument, isn't it?

Which part?  The primary, gun control or the Bush family..  :beer:

Offline MACVSOG68

Giuliani = bad

Trump = good

Ah yes, the good old days of TOS in 2007.  Hard to forget.   :facepalm:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I did, and didn't find that.  Perhaps you could link me to it.  The second link I provided was everything in the record about Bush and gun control.  Didn't see that statement.

I used "President Bush "I will sign any gun control bill presented to me" on google and got the following:

"About 5,350,000 results (1.01 seconds)"

No need to read all 5+ million,just try the first two or three.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He did.

So what?

Ahhh,the Hillary excuse is bad when Hillary uses it,but just peachy-keen for Boy Jorge?

What are you going to post next,"This is old news,let's move on!"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:30:37 pm by sneakypete »

Offline musiclady

GOOD question, Ed.  :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So what you do is to make unsupported claims (I spend time trying to figure out what you were talking about, and found nothing) and when asked you just cop an attitude, cut and run.

Bush said he'd sign an extension to the "assault weapon" ban if Congress put it on his desk. Congress never put it on his desk and he knew they wouldn't:

BUSH: I did think we ought to extend the assault weapons ban and was told the bill was never going to move. I believe law-abiding citizens ought to be able to own a gun. I believe in background checks. The best way to protect our citizens from guns is to prosecute those who commit crimes with guns. - Third Bush-Kerry debate, in Tempe AZ , Oct 13, 2004

Crafting laws is the job of Congress, and Congress did not put that law on the President's desk. Bush knew this wouldn't happen, so to "support" something that he knew would never happen was simply a political move in his part.

That's like a Presidential candidate today supporting something that has absolutely no possibility of ever happening like banning all abortions, deporting all illegal aliens in 18 months all stopping all Muslims from entering the nation.

It's politics and pablum for the hopelessly moronic.

The basic bottom line here is that you have a visceral, Perot-like animus toward the Bush family.

"It's politics and pablum for the hopelessly moronic."

Just remember that YOU are the one who wrote that. I guess this means we should ignore everything Bubbette and Sanders says also,right?

"The basic bottom line here is that you have a visceral, Perot-like animus toward the Bush family."

Of course I do. I hate all traitors,and most especially the ones that pretend to be on my side and then sell out the country for personal gain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Well,I didn't write what you were replying to,but with any luck at all we are done with the Bush Crime Family and the Clinton Crime Family.

We also seen to now be free of the Kennedy Klan.

All the news ain't bad.

Offline EdinVA

Well,I didn't write what you were replying to,but with any luck at all we are done with the Bush Crime Family and the Clinton Crime Family.

We also seen to now be free of the Kennedy Klan.

All the news ain't bad.

I always sensed the Bush family as honorable and sincere, that is all I can ask.
Was not always crazy about some of the things they did but... they were elected not me...

Offline musiclady

I always sensed the Bush family as honorable and sincere, that is all I can ask.
Was not always crazy about some of the things they did but... they were elected not me...

I completely agree. 

Didn't like all the policies.... especially didn't like the 2nd term spending of George W., bank bailouts, etc., but honorable?  YES.  "Crime family?"  Same as the Clintons??  Not a chance.

Edited to add: It's the argument about how eeeeevil George W. Bush was that's "yesterday's argument."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:54:52 pm by musiclady »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
My take away from all of this:
1. Bush did some good things and some bad things
2. No more Bushs or Clintons.

Can we move on now?

Offline EdinVA

Can we move on now?

NO!   11513 It's still moving...

Offline musiclady

Can we move on now?

My point, made clearly.  :patriot:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Can we move on now?

:amen:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MACVSOG68

I used "President Bush "I will sign any gun control bill presented to me" on google and got the following:

"About 5,350,000 results (1.01 seconds)"

No need to read all 5+ million,just try the first two or three.

I put that in and got the top 3 including a blog that mentioned the possibility of Bush signing the AWB if sent to him, A NY Times article on the Brady Bill, and a fact-check article on whether Obama flip-flopped on gun control.  Seriously, if you have a single credible source, why not just post it?  I don't think anyone here has a problem posting links to support their positions. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 04:25:27 pm by MACVSOG68 »