Author Topic: Donald Trump Calls Ted Cruz a P***y  (Read 7810 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Donald Trump Calls Ted Cruz a P***y
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2016, 07:09:55 pm »
Too late.  I missed this and already replied.  But I won't belabor it, nor continue this spat with you.

It's all good!   :beer:

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2016, 07:21:55 pm »
When/If I have to hire an exterminator to eradicate filthy, life-sucking, and parasitic pests from an institution - I'm not going to care what kind of language he uses, I'm not going to care if he is not pure.  What I'm going to care about is that he gets the job done! 

I'm way beyond the purity tests, the ability to spout pretty focus-group tested rhetoric, the election year pandering, and the well-rehearsed spiels.  I want a Terminator.  If that offends people's sensibilities, so be it.

The GOP had their chance, they promised they would do better if we would just keep voting for them....this time.....we'll do better.  They created this.  They own it.

Signed,
A Trumpster!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2016, 07:37:41 pm »
When/If I have to hire an exterminator to eradicate filthy, life-sucking, and parasitic pests from an institution - I'm not going to care what kind of language he uses, I'm not going to care if he is not pure.  What I'm going to care about is that he gets the job done! 

I'm way beyond the purity tests, the ability to spout pretty focus-group tested rhetoric, the election year pandering, and the well-rehearsed spiels.  I want a Terminator.  If that offends people's sensibilities, so be it.

The GOP had their chance, they promised they would do better if we would just keep voting for them....this time.....we'll do better.  They created this.  They own it.

Signed,
A Trumpster!

Obviously you get it. Almost everybody agrees the times are very serious, then go on to settle for ordinary business as usual political hacks to solve the very problems they presided over making.

A lot of people have decided that Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, Bush, Christie, are business as usual; maybe with minor variations.

Examples: I have NOT heard Cruz or Rubio discuss jobs going overseas. I have NOT heard Cruz or Rubio talk about letting muslims into the country. Or Kasich or Bush or Christie.

And I doubt Cruz being able to recite the Constitution, even in Canadian, would yield the answer for jobs going overseas. Or muslim terrorists in our midst.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2016, 07:44:28 pm »
Obviously you get it. Almost everybody agrees the times are very serious, then go on to settle for ordinary business as usual political hacks to solve the very problems they presided over making.

A lot of people have decided that Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, Bush, Christie, are business as usual; maybe with minor variations.

Examples: I have NOT heard Cruz or Rubio discuss jobs going overseas. I have NOT heard Cruz or Rubio talk about letting muslims into the country. Or Kasich or Bush or Christie.

And I doubt Cruz being able to recite the Constitution, even in Canadian, would yield the answer for jobs going overseas. Or muslim terrorists in our midst.

:patriot:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2016, 07:48:00 pm »

Career politicians are the problem, not the solution.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2016, 07:53:51 pm »
All I can say it Cruz is an amazingly versatile man. He can be an loudmouth, obnoxious, pushy pariah and a p***Y all at the same time, depending on who you talk to.

That takes some real skill people!
The Republic is lost.

HonestJohn

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2016, 07:55:37 pm »
When/If I have to hire an exterminator to eradicate filthy, life-sucking and parasitic pests from an institution - I'm not going to care what kind of language he uses, I'm not going to care if he is not pure.  What I'm going to care about is that he gets the job done! 

Signed,
A Trumpster!

Who are the "filthy, life-sucking and parasitic pests"?

And if they are people... how can an "exterminator" be used?

---

Words have power.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 07:55:58 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2016, 08:00:09 pm »
Career politicians are the problem, not the solution.
Apparently Trump's son Erik has chimed in, and has said people would be amazed at how fast things would move, if his dad gets elected.

I think he is referring to speed of movement in private industry, versus speed of movement in government activities.

I remember when Reagan came in. My father knew some fairly high profile successful people in business, and they noted the President only appoints a small number of people, at the top of government agencies.

So in reality even Trump will be able to do far less than people wish he could do.  I believe Reagan took on the Air Traffic Controllers to be an example that he meant business.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2016, 08:02:07 pm »

---

Words have power.
1. Millions of career government employees.
2. Tens of thousands of elected and appointed government operatives, representatives, etc.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2016, 08:08:38 pm »
Apparently Trump's son Erik has chimed in, and has said people would be amazed at how fast things would move, if his dad gets elected.

I think he is referring to speed of movement in private industry, versus speed of movement in government activities.

I remember when Reagan came in. My father knew some fairly high profile successful people in business, and they noted the President only appoints a small number of people, at the top of government agencies.

So in reality even Trump will be able to do far less than people wish he could do.  I believe Reagan took on the Air Traffic Controllers to be an example that he meant business.

Bureaucratic resistance will hamstring any president (well, except Bernie, because that's his game).  In reality, only taking out a Department would give that kind of example.  If one could be removed that would send quite a message.  Just the effort would be a huge message - but speed, I don't think you could see any speed similar to the private sector.  I'd love to see someone try though.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

HonestJohn

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2016, 08:10:19 pm »
1. Millions of career government employees.
2. Tens of thousands of elected and appointed government operatives, representatives, etc.

Good to know that it's all right to call for the extermination of millions of American citizens because you don't like them.

See how the language of dehumanization makes it all okay?  They aren't people, you know; just cockroaches. 

Kill them.

---

See how demogoguery is a problem?  And how those they make such language their stock and trade are so dangerous?

---

As an aside, what about their wives, husbands, and children?  Do we need an exterminator for them, too?

When forced to see the 'enemy' as a human being, it's not so easy to spout off talk about 'exterminators' and 'life-sucking parasitic pests'...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2016, 08:10:42 pm »

---

Words have power.

Then discuss the word "eradicate".   

"Exterminator" is the voter.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2016, 08:23:36 pm »
Good to know that it's all right to call for the extermination of millions of American citizens because you don't like them.

See how the language of dehumanization makes it all okay?  They aren't people, you know; just cockroaches. 

Kill them.

---

See how demogoguery is a problem?  And how those they make such language their stock and trade are so dangerous?

---

As an aside, what about their wives, husbands, and children?  Do we need an exterminator for them, too?

When forced to see the 'enemy' as a human being, it's not so easy to spout off talk about 'exterminators' and 'life-sucking parasitic pests'...

:huh?:

Surely you know alice was speaking metaphorically? Politics, and especially election races are replete  with metaphorical language.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2016, 08:26:54 pm »

Signed,
A Trumpster!

There are two things that every genocidal dictatorship in the history of humanity have in common when it comes to how they deal with dissent/opposition.

One, they marginalize and delegitimize their ideas and ideals by arguing that those ideas and ideals are neither, but rather a front for hatred and envy.

Two, they dehumanize the opposition so that any actions against them, however vile, is justified in the name of cleansing the nation and/or the race.

The Bolsheviks did it.

The Nazis did it.

Mao did it.

Pol Pot did it.

When the Castro brothers did it, they held publicly televised "trials" where the accused were not allowed counsel, or even to speak on their own defense. They sat perfectly still while members of Castro's "revolurion" shouted at them, calling them leeches and parasites.

They were them executed by a firing squad.

My family did not escape this treatment. We wanted to leave Cuba, so we were labeled "gusanos"... worms.

My brother and I were called worms nearly daily, to our face.

Be very, very careful what it is that you promote.

If you get rid of roaches by flooding your house with rats, your problems got bigger, not better.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:29:37 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2016, 08:51:48 pm »
There are two things that every genocidal dictatorship in the history of humanity have in common when it comes to how they deal with dissent/opposition.

One, they marginalize and delegitimize their ideas and ideals by arguing that those ideas and ideals are neither, but rather a front for hatred and envy.

Two, they dehumanize the opposition so that any actions against them, however vile, is justified in the name of cleansing the nation and/or the race.

The Bolsheviks did it.

The Nazis did it.

Mao did it.

Pol Pot did it.

When the Castro brothers did it, they held publicly televised "trials" where the accused were not allowed counsel, or even to speak on their own defense. They sat perfectly still while members of Castro's "revolurion" shouted at them, calling them leeches and parasites.

They were them executed by a firing squad.

My family did not escape this treatment. We wanted to leave Cuba, so we were labeled "gusanos"... worms.

My brother and I were called worms nearly daily, to our face.

Be very, very careful what it is that you promote.

If you get rid of roaches by flooding your house with rats, your problems got bigger, not better.

Scratching my head, Luis....how does this reply to Alice have anything to do with what she said or feels about the GOP?

Any further elaboration would be appreciated. 

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2016, 08:56:33 pm »
Donald Trump is not and almost certainly will not be my choice for the GOP nomination or Presidency.  However, if he does become the nominee, I will vote for him. That is all but certain.

It is not a simple as I "don't like him".  It's just that I don't have a satisfactory sense of how he will govern. I don't have the belief that he will stay the course and not take unpredictable turns during tough times.  I don't trust that his business acumen translates to a kooky and perilous world as well as he'd lead you to believe.  I don't believe he has exhibited the restraint, in speech and actions, that world diplomacy demands.  I fear he will make rash, emotional proclamations or decisions at the wrong times.  I don't know what it means when he says I will be winning all the time. While I am not a prude, I don't think his often crude statements are appropriate as he pursues this, the highest office in our land.  I just don't.  I don't believe he will be able to park his ego at those crucial times when he must.  All Presidents have had to at various times.  Yes, I believe he that self-absorbed or, I fear that he is.

Those are just some of my beliefs, as vague, nebulous and ill-defined as they may be.  They don't make me a hater - I just prefer he never becomes President (with the above implicit exception should he become the nominee). 

Who do I support?  Honestly don't know yet.  Cruz is growing on me but...  I've always liked Rubio to one degree or another.  Bush?  No one really examines his record anymore beyond oft-repeated memes (BTW... it is not so bad).  I honestly think Kasich is a strong contender for the VP slot.  He is, after all, from crucial Ohio. Carson?  Awesome human being, but no. Christie?  I still see that damn hug and the harm done to Romney.  Candy, Sandy and Christie killed any chance Mitt had.   

Time will tell. 

I now return you to your I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I discussion. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2016, 09:19:54 pm »
Scratching my head, Luis....how does this reply to Alice have anything to do with what she said or feels about the GOP?

Any further elaboration would be appreciated.

If you need further elaboration to see the connection, that connection will never be allowed to happen.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2016, 09:24:01 pm »

Sorta like the GOPe does to Trump and Cruz?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2016, 09:31:56 pm »
Sorta like the GOPe does to Trump and Cruz?

Show me where the "GOPe" has dubbed either Trump or Cruz as roaches, parasites, or vermin.

Show me.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2016, 09:37:57 pm »
Show me where the "GOPe" has dubbed either Trump or Cruz as roaches, parasites, or vermin.

Show me.

To user you own words, "If you need further elaboration to see the connection, that connection will never be allowed to happen."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:38:20 pm by EdinVA »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2016, 09:39:49 pm »
If you need further elaboration to see the connection, that connection will never be allowed to happen.

Well, what I saw, was you taking Honest John's interpretation of what Alice said ...it wasn't in any manner a connection to putting people on trial and killing them.

Honest John came out of left field.  And you never took your eyes off him, it seems.   :laugh:

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2016, 09:40:27 pm »

LOL  very good

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2016, 09:42:58 pm »

LOL  very good

Yeah....that's the ticket.

Every time we get you anti-Trumpers on the mat.....somebody blows a whistle and calls holding.

It's bullsh*t!    :laugh: 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2016, 09:44:20 pm »
OK, I'm lost.  I think what I'm getting from this from several posters is "you can't call me or my candidate names, because that's hateful, but I can use fairly violent imagery towards you and it's just a figure of speech". 

Got it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2016, 09:45:34 pm »

LOL  very good

I knew where this was going the instant I saw the cockroach! Didn't even need to read the post!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien