Author Topic: Natural-born mess: What would it take to kick Ted Cruz off the ballot?  (Read 3525 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Natural-born mess: What would it take to kick Ted Cruz off the ballot?
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2016, 02:45:30 pm »
I understand it feels that way .... but I don't think it was "accepted".  People by and large are still angry that he's  POTUS without proving his eligibility --especially considering the damage he's done.

The issue was buried...by all sides.  The easy way out of the issue was chosen and embraced by democrat voters and lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

I suspect the same route will be traveled for Cruz.   And this troubles me deeply.  :shrug:

The birther movement was never broad-based.  Nor was it up to Obama to prove his eligibility.  He was born here in the US.  He was certified the winner by a joint session of Congress. Those who believed him ineligible had the obligation to prove it.  The same with Cruz.  He may be challenged in every venue, but it is up to the challengers, not Cruz to prove their charges.  I do find it rather ironic that many of Cruz' supporters don't believe him to be constitutionally eligible, but support him because they say they are believers in the Constitution.  If I were supporting a candidate I didn't believe was eligible to run, I could hardly call myself a constitutionalist.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2016, 02:49:34 pm »
The birther movement was never broad-based.  Nor was it up to Obama to prove his eligibility.  He was born here in the US.  He was certified the winner by a joint session of Congress. Those who believed him ineligible had the obligation to prove it.  The same with Cruz.  He may be challenged in every venue, but it is up to the challengers, not Cruz to prove their charges.  I do find it rather ironic that many of Cruz' supporters don't believe him to be constitutionally eligible, but support him because they say they are believers in the Constitution.  If I were supporting a candidate I didn't believe was eligible to run, I could hardly call myself a constitutionalist.

Gotta tell you MAC... I didn't even read your comment.  I'm just glad to see you.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2016, 02:55:39 pm »
Gotta tell you MAC... I didn't even read your comment.  I'm just glad to see you.

Good to see you too my friend.  Where has the time gone... :patriot:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2016, 03:14:53 pm »
Good to see you too my friend.  Where has the time gone... :patriot:

The forum is really making a jump these days and it is looking for authors of original content to promote and "publish".  When I saw that, you were the first to come to mind.  My writing days ended a decade ago.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2016, 03:49:56 pm »
The forum is really making a jump these days and it is looking for authors of original content to promote and "publish".  When I saw that, you were the first to come to mind.  My writing days ended a decade ago.

You are way too kind.  I don't write much lately, though I did have a guest column recently in our local paper.  It was in response to the gun control push by the editors.  They did give me the column.  I'm working on another, but it'll have to wait for a couple of weeks. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2016, 03:55:44 pm »
The birther movement was never broad-based.  Nor was it up to Obama to prove his eligibility.  He was born here in the US.  He was certified the winner by a joint session of Congress. Those who believed him ineligible had the obligation to prove it.  The same with Cruz.  He may be challenged in every venue, but it is up to the challengers, not Cruz to prove their charges. 

I do find it rather ironic that many of Cruz' supporters don't believe him to be constitutionally eligible, but support him because they say they are believers in the Constitution.  If I were supporting a candidate I didn't believe was eligible to run, I could hardly call myself a constitutionalist. 

Good points, all.  Thanks.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2016, 03:59:08 pm »
Good points, all.  Thanks.

You're welcome sir.