Author Topic: Natural-born mess: What would it take to kick Ted Cruz off the ballot?  (Read 3526 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Natural-born mess: What would it take to kick Ted Cruz off the ballot?
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2016, 07:22:25 pm »
Cruz is a very bad choice for the GOP nominee, for several reasons.

1. His "Natural Born Citizenship" is not definitive, as even Bigun stated a few days ago.

2. His issue positions are too far away from mainstream voters' views.

3. He is showing a propensity to fight dirty.

In large complex organization, airing one's differences in public is not considered good form. Yet Cruz insists on a reputation for such behavior.

To date no fellow Senators have supported him, so he must resort to  clowns and entertainment professionals like Beck and Levin.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:24:36 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2016, 07:30:57 pm »

1. His "Natural Born Citizenship" is not definitive, as even Bigun stated a few days ago.

In large complex organization, airing one's differences in public is not considered good form. Yet Cruz insists on a reputation for such behavior.

To date no fellow Senators have supported him, so he must resort to  clowns and entertainment professionals like Beck and Levin.

Careful, with that logic then, we should support Marco Rubio instead.

1. Born in the US
2. Appeals to mainstream voters. Very likable, and a young attractive Kennedy-like family.
3. No stories of him fighting dirty.

(and I do support Cruz and Rubio, and will be happy with either)
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2016, 07:54:26 pm »

And Bigun also said that If Cruz is found ineligible then Rubio most certainly is ineligible. Donald Trump as well could be.

And the reason this is going to go exactly nowhere is that it would reek havoc with the entire Obama term if Cruz was ruled ineligible.

Says who? Are you the fellow who get's to determine what is or is not main stream now?

NO! He is just engaging in in politics the way it has always been done in this country albeit with modern means that did not exist even a few years ago.

Your opinion only!  I have worked in VERY large organizations where candor and clarity of positions was very much a feature of the culture and it worked VERY well for us!

You see that as a negative but others, myself included, see it as very much a positive!

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:59:31 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2016, 07:56:46 pm »
Thanks Katz for the excellent summation!

You and I both know what is going on here and that is all I intend to say on the matter in this thread.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 08:05:01 pm »
May I put my two cents worth in?

Cruz is being left alone on this issue right now because the establishment is using him to try to take Trump out.  He should understand that if that were to happen - HE would be enemy #1 just like he was during the last Fox debate with Megyn asking the gotcha questions and then backtracking after the debate when the damage was already done.

Of course, Cruz is happy to do this - he is running to win, after all.

But, should he become the nominee - and I'm sure the Democrats are giggling about this - THEN - an all out assault will be launched in the courts of every state in this country - challenging his eligibility.  This will take him down and we will have to bow at the throne of Hillary! the Whore of Babylon.

Anyone disagree with me?
I agree...notice how it is off the radar of msm of late. they never stop with anything they do.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2016, 08:10:25 pm »
May I put my two cents worth in?

Cruz is being left alone on this issue right now because the establishment is using him to try to take Trump out.  He should understand that if that were to happen - HE would be enemy #1 just like he was during the last Fox debate with Megyn asking the gotcha questions and then backtracking after the debate when the damage was already done.

Of course, Cruz is happy to do this - he is running to win, after all.

But, should he become the nominee - and I'm sure the Democrats are giggling about this - THEN - an all out assault will be launched in the courts of every state in this country - challenging his eligibility.  This will take him down and we will have to bow at the throne of Hillary! the Whore of Babylon.

Anyone disagree with me?

Yes! I strongly disagree that the democrats will go after Cruz on this because they KNOW if they do that and win it reeks havoc with the entire 8 year Obama reign!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2016, 08:19:42 pm »
Yes! I strongly disagree that the democrats will go after Cruz on this because they KNOW if they do that and win it reeks havoc with the entire 8 year Obama reign!
obama is golden. nothing will touch him or his legacy.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2016, 08:34:56 pm »
And, we still have squat re: 0bama.

Irrelevant.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2016, 08:42:01 pm »
Irrelevant.

If you think that, you missed the point.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2016, 08:42:18 pm »

They don't play by the same rules we have to. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2016, 09:05:59 pm »
This is just a silly issue.   There are plenty of reasons to oppose Cruz but this isn't one of them. 

American citizen mother =  natural born son.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2016, 09:20:29 pm »

FWIW, there is a difference between the two.  Obama was born in the US, while Cruz was born outside of US jurisdiction.  Obama is a NBC by definition, while Cruz has to depend on the 1790 Act.  Having said that, I believe Cruz meets the requirements because of the intent of the Founders and the usage of NBC at the time.

It's the Supreme Court nominations!

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2016, 09:20:59 pm »
This is just a silly issue.   There are plenty of reasons to oppose Cruz but this isn't one of them. 

American citizen mother =  natural born son.

May I suggest that you read the (US) Constitution and existing law on this subject?  The Internet is chock full of good resources.    Why not read first and post declarative legal opinions second?   This way we could have a real conversation, or dare I say "debate" on the issue.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2016, 09:29:08 pm »
May I suggest that you read the (US) Constitution and existing law on this subject?  The Internet is chock full of good resources.    Why not read first and post declarative legal opinions second?   This way we could have a real conversation, or dare I say "debate" on the issue.

MACVSOG68's post above reflects my view as well.   I don't think this is a serious Constitutional issue, just a not-so-serious political distraction for Cruz which is being pushed by his enemies.   I'm not a Cruz supporter, so I have no dog in this hunt.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2016, 09:37:33 pm »
Having read through the bulk of the Illinois Board of Elections Hearing

That is A LOT of information---wow, thanks.

But one question, Katz--does a board of elections render a legal declaratory judgment?  (Really don't know)

Thanks.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2016, 09:47:35 pm »
After Trump drops out, and I predict he will, but it may not be until we know the delegate distribution at the convention, that this will not be an issue here.    I don't think anyone here, even the most hardened Trump supporter will be still posting internet stories after July 21st that Cruz is not being qualified to run for President.   
 I may be wrong. There are a few who seem to be wishing for the demise of the Republican party, even if it means losing the election.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2016, 10:28:13 pm »
That is A LOT of information---wow, thanks.

But one question, Katz--does a board of elections render a legal declaratory judgment?  (Really don't know)

Thanks.

No, their scope in this case is limited to ruling on whether a candidate can, or cannot, appear on a ballot (for a whole host of reasons).

In this case, they ruled that Mr. Cruz can appear on their presidential primary ballot.

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2016, 12:40:48 am »
If you think that, you missed the point.

Hmmm..I may have.  What was it?

Thanks.

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2016, 12:41:21 am »
No, their scope in this case is limited to ruling on whether a candidate can, or cannot, appear on a ballot (for a whole host of reasons).

In this case, they ruled that Mr. Cruz can appear on their presidential primary ballot. 

Thanks.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2016, 01:20:15 am »
Hmmm..I may have.  What was it?

Thanks.

The point being that we seem to have fairly easily accepted the 0bama creation myth, but if it's a conservative Republican we're going to tear him down ourselves. 

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2016, 01:51:59 am »
The point being that we seem to have fairly easily accepted the 0bama creation myth, but if it's a conservative Republican we're going to tear him down ourselves.

I understand it feels that way .... but I don't think it was "accepted".  People by and large are still angry that he's  POTUS without proving his eligibility --especially considering the damage he's done.

The issue was buried...by all sides.  The easy way out of the issue was chosen and embraced by democrat voters and lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

I suspect the same route will be traveled for Cruz.   And this troubles me deeply.  :shrug:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2016, 02:32:59 am »
NavyCanDo wrote above (re Marco Rubio):
"1. Born in the US"

That alone isn't enough.
I could be wrong and am willing to be called on this, but I believe that neither of Rubio's parents were naturalized at the time of his birth. NOT CITIZENS of the United States.

This, too, disqualifies him as as "natural born citizen" in my opinion (which is of course worth nothing, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it).

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2016, 02:37:27 am »
Bigun wrote above:
"I strongly disagree that the democrats will go after Cruz on this because they KNOW if they do that and win it reeks havoc with the entire 8 year Obama reign!"

Bigun, you've been around in the political realm 'way more than I have, but of one thing I'm certain:

The democrats have no shame.
No matter how dirty their hands may be regarding a particular issue, they'll go after their opponents accusing them of the same dirt. And throwin' it in heaps of mudpies!

I predict that if Senator Cruz is on the ticket, in either position, the 'rats will launch ballot challenges in all fifty states with the District of Columbia thrown in for good measure.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2016, 02:41:28 am »
Bigun wrote above:
"I strongly disagree that the democrats will go after Cruz on this because they KNOW if they do that and win it reeks havoc with the entire 8 year Obama reign!"

Bigun, you've been around in the political realm 'way more than I have, but of one thing I'm certain:

The democrats have no shame.
No matter how dirty their hands may be regarding a particular issue, they'll go after their opponents accusing them of the same dirt. And throwin' it in heaps of mudpies!

I predict that if Senator Cruz is on the ticket, in either position, the 'rats will launch ballot challenges in all fifty states with the District of Columbia thrown in for good measure.

They had better be REALLY carefully with any such move or they will take down the entire 8 year reign of Obama in the process!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2016, 02:45:07 am »
They had better be REALLY carefully with any such move or they will take down the entire 8 year reign of Obama in the process!

Yeah, that's my thought too.