Author Topic: Trump calls for 'new election' after accusing Cruz of fraud in Iowa  (Read 1824 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/268014-trump-accuses-cruz-of-illegal-iowa-win-in-deleted-tweet

February 03, 2016, 09:09 am
Trump calls for 'new election' after accusing Cruz of fraud in Iowa

By Neetzan Zimmerman

Donald Trump is accusing Republican presidential rival Ted Cruz of committing fraud ahead of Monday night's Iowa caucuses, and calling for a "new election."

"Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa Caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified," Trump tweeted on Wednesday.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

During primetime of the Iowa Caucus, Cruz put out a release that @RealBenCarson was quitting the race, and to caucus (or vote) for Cruz.
7:56 AM - 3 Feb 2016

more at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump calls for 'new election' after accusing Cruz of fraud in Iowa
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 04:05:09 pm »

Ben Carson is a gentleman and a forgiving soul...Trump, a shark. Looks like the Trumpman is standing up for the gentle soul.

Good thing the Cruz campaign entangled Ben Carson and not Donald Trump in this opportunity to use a dirty trick against an opponent, otherwise the fur would fly.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 04:13:53 pm »
I think Trump has finally jumped the shark.

There will not be a redo of the caucus.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 04:16:06 pm »
It wasn't an "election" so you can't have a new one...but it is a nice attack line.  It keeps it in the cycle for another go-around and makes Cruz answer the question on the stump.  Like painting a scarlet letter on the forehead for another day or so.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 04:17:11 pm »
I think Trump has finally jumped the shark.

There will not be a redo of the caucus.

No shark jump here - this is all about keeping it in the news cycle another day and giving the reporters covering Cruz in N.H. a question to ask him at his stops.

...Bob Dylan

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 04:19:35 pm »
Cruz apologizes for spreading rumor about Carson dropping out

Iowa Republican caucus winner Ted Cruz on Tuesday apologized to fellow candidate GOP presidential Ben Carson for spreading a rumor that the former neurosurgeon had dropped out of the race.

"Last night when our political team saw the CNN post saying that Dr. Carson was not carrying on to New Hampshire and South Carolina, our campaign updated grassroots leaders just as we would with any breaking news story," Cruz said in a statement.

"That's fair game. What the team then should have done was send around the follow-up statement from the Carson campaign clarifying that he was indeed staying in the race when that came out.

"This was a mistake from our end, and for that I apologize to Dr. Carson."

CNN had reported that Carson was planning on going home to Florida after Monday night's caucuses, which the Cruz campaign misinterpreted as a report that he was dropping out of the race.

Carson said in a statement that he was going home to "get a fresh set of clothes."

The retired neurosurgeon slammed the Cruz camp for "deceptive and destructive practices."

“For months, my campaign has survived the lies and dirty tricks from my opponents who profess to detest the games of the political class, but in reality are masters of it,” he said in a statement.

Earlier Tuesday, a Cruz campaign spokesman denied any wrongdoing.

“On the Ben Carson allegation, it’s just false,” Rick Tyler, the Cruz campaign’s communications director, said on MSNBC’s "Morning Joe."

"We simply as a campaign repeated what Ben Carson had said in his own words,” he continued. "That’s not a dirty trick."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/267915-cruz-apologizes-for-spreading-rumor-about-carson-dropping-out

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 04:21:19 pm »
I like seeing someone fight back.  Easy for Cruz to apologize after the damage is done.  Glad to see Trump not letting this slide under the carpet. 

Bernie needs to fight back too!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 04:21:49 pm »
Ben Carson is a gentleman and a forgiving soul...Trump, a shark. Looks like the Trumpman is standing up for the gentle soul.

Good thing the Cruz campaign entangled Ben Carson and not Donald Trump in this opportunity to use a dirty trick against an opponent, otherwise the fur would fly.

You are purposely ignoring the fact that Cruz did not start the rumor. Once it was out he was chumming for Carson voters, just as all three did for Huckabee voters. There is not a shred of evidence Cruz started the rumor. Trump is the one acting like a total jerk.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:22:31 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 04:22:03 pm »
No shark jump here - this is all about keeping it in the news cycle another day and giving the reporters covering Cruz in N.H. a question to ask him at his stops.

Bingo!  The more 'outlandish' the statements, the more attention they garner.  (He's been doing it for the past 8 months.)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 04:22:56 pm »
Amazing how many people there are who will gag at a gnat but swallow a Camel whole!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 04:23:40 pm »
Why do I have the feeling I'm going to need to find my Sore Loserman signs from 2000?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 04:23:52 pm »

There are numerous reports of politicking going on here. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 04:26:18 pm »

Ah yes, but he called for a new election. He made it more than about Cruz, and if I were Cruz I'd burn him with it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 04:26:59 pm »
You are purposely ignoring the fact that Cruz did not start the rumor. Once it was out he was chumming for Carson voters, just as all three did for Huckabee voters. There is not a shed of evidence Cruz started the rumor. Trump is the one acting like a total jerk.

No one (to my knowledge) ever said that Cruz or his campaign started the rumor.  (That's been a a typical straw man that has been floated around since early Tuesday morning.)  No, they certainly didn't start it.  But they jumped on it like any team of down and dirty political operatives would do.  (As have Carson's people in denouncing it, and Trump in piling on.)

It's politics, not for the faint of heart; all this dustup does is illustrate that Saint Ted is not above any of it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 04:27:48 pm »
This is dishonest and vicious.  I think he's trying to get Rubio elected.  Or, Hilary.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 04:28:38 pm »
Why do I have the feeling I'm going to need to find my Sore Loserman signs from 2000?

You may need to update that..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 04:31:01 pm »
Amazing how many people there are who will gag at a gnat but swallow a Camel whole!

===================================

Is that why the Republican leadership has completely signed off on Planned Parenthood, signed the TPP Agreement, and have refused to enforce the immigration laws that have been on the books for over 100 years?

edit:  They have also turned their backs on Christians being unconstitutionally persecuted by homosexuals and lesbians for refusing to comply.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:32:26 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 04:36:10 pm »
Ah yes, but he called for a new election. He made it more than about Cruz, and if I were Cruz I'd burn him with it.

That would be exactly the point...make Cruz talk about his apology.  Cruz can't burn him with it all he can do is keep it buried with a quick answer.  But this kind of "Housewives" bickering and cat-fight is exactly what the press loves more than anything else.  This is all political tactic.  Now it's up to Cruz to come up with a new thing to change the subject or a quippy funny answer to turn it that way.

All fair and simple media politics here.  Just trying to get the momentum and hold back an opponent for a day or so.

...Bob Dylan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 04:38:39 pm »

Is that why the Republican leadership has completely signed off on Planned Parenthood, signed the TPP Agreement, and have refused to enforce the immigration laws that have been on the books for over 100 years?

edit:  They have also turned their backs on Christians being unconstitutionally persecuted by homosexuals and lesbians for refusing to comply.

No! That would be because they are blinded by their own GREED and lack of morality!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 04:41:02 pm »
That would be exactly the point...make Cruz talk about his apology.  Cruz can't burn him with it all he can do is keep it buried with a quick answer.  But this kind of "Housewives" bickering and cat-fight is exactly what the press loves more than anything else.  This is all political tactic.  Now it's up to Cruz to come up with a new thing to change the subject or a quippy funny answer to turn it that way.

All fair and simple media politics here.  Just trying to get the momentum and hold back an opponent for a day or so.

And I got that quip - 'Trump is starting to sound like Al Gore in the 2000 election.'

Cruz needs to pound on the fact that The Donald can't stand to lose, and now he wants a do over like this is grade school.
'
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 04:41:17 pm »

What are you talking about?  Most of us here are disgusted by the GOP actions of late.  What does that have to do with this topic?

(And, no, I'm not saying it's off topic, it's just a strange thing to bring into the discussion.)

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 04:43:38 pm »
No! That would be because they are blinded by their own GREED and lack of morality!

===============================

Jesus didn't call them 'The Money Changers' for nothing.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 04:44:35 pm »
And I got that quip - 'Trump is starting to sound like Al Gore in the 2000 election.'

Cruz needs to pound on the fact that The Donald can't stand to lose, and now he wants a do over like this is grade school.
'

That's pretty good--a strong counter attack. And Cruz has shown himself to be a strong campaigner capable of playing politics with the best of them.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:49:37 pm by aligncare »

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 04:45:34 pm »
What are you talking about?  Most of us here are disgusted by the GOP actions of late.  What does that have to do with this topic?

(And, no, I'm not saying it's off topic, it's just a strange thing to bring into the discussion.)

====================================

Look the other way.  Gay marriage, abortion, Christian persecution, the TPP, and enforcing immigration laws of course has nothing to do with 'this topic.'

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 04:46:20 pm »

That (those issues Happy brought up) was WAY too serious for this particular topic...this is political gamesmanship, really low level stuff, fun and games this is.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:47:42 pm by Scottftlc »

...Bob Dylan